Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@crazydoglady: I'm thinking about you and hoping everything is going smoothly!

2. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

I updated the other thread I made but Violet is here after a fast and furious birth!! It was NUTS!

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: Congratulations!!

4. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@crazydoglady: congratulations!

Baby B was born today, September 7, as well after an ‘accidental’ natural birth! DW had bloody show right after dropping our son at his first day of kinder, then on an off contractions that got regular around 7 pm. Went to hospital at 10:30 and dilated to 2cm so walked the hallways for an hour which brought her to 5cm and literally 20 mins later was fully dilated in the birthing room with no time for epidural. 5-6 pushes and he was out. It was crazy but DW did absolutely amazing and everyone is doing well.

5. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@muffinsmuffins: Congratulations!!! Glad you were able to sneak in the first day of kinder before baby's arrival. Glad everyone is doing well

All of these September babies already arriving is making my c-section date seem really far away lol Headed to the OBGYN for my weekly check up in a bit.

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@muffinsmuffins: Congratulations! What a crazy day. Glad everyone is ok.

7. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: Thinking about you and wishing you all the best! ❤

8. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@muffinsmuffins: Congratulations!! It sounds like your wife and I had similar experiences! Hope everyone is still doing well. 😊

9. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins Baby B born 9/7!
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady Violet born 9/6!
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama TWINS! Born 8/29!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711 Owen born 8/26!
    9/26-- bluemasonjar
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

10. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@crazydoglady: baby GIRL!! Was born 9/7 at 11pm after a successful induction. More soon hopefully!

11. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@MrsBucky: congratulations on baby girl ! 9/7 is a great day for a birthday hope you guys are doing well!

We got to come home this morning but have to go back tomorrow to be checked as baby B had a little jaundice. Everyone else settling in or close to it?

12. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: Congrats!!!! It sounds like you had a pretty rapid birth, too! Can't wait to read about it. ❤ I hope you are recovering well.

13. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky Born 9/7!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/26-- bluemasonjar
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

14. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@muffinsmuffins: Oh, no! I hope it is very short-lived!

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: Congrats! Hope you are both doing well.

16. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@crazydoglady: finally circling back to elaborate on how it went! Despite the IUGR diagnosis on Friday before Labor Day, I wasn’t scheduled for an induction until Thursday morning. Tuesday I had a midwife appointment and was told my cervix was basically closed and pretty far back still, so we would start with cervidil. Wednesday I got a call saying it made more sense to start overnight so was scheduled for Thursday night. Thursday night we finally got the call to come in at 9:30 and we finally got started at 11. I was amped up and took a while to settle in, plus with monitoring and nurses checking and everything it wasn’t a great night and I maybe got a few hours of sleep. The cervidil didn’t do a ton- it did thin me some and I got to 1 by the time they removed it at 11am, but I was pretty disappointed and nervous about the next steps. They let me eat lunch and shower before deciding what to do next. Since I’m a second time mom with a successful delivery, they decided pitocin made more sense than cytotec and started me at 1:30 on the lowest dose- a 2. Almost immediately I started having regular contractions but they were very manageable. An hour and a half later they raised it by 1. The nurses kept saying my body clearly knew what to do because for most people that amount does nothing. I labored all afternoon and it felt very much like I remembered it from last time- I could manage the pain well, it felt productive. They checked me at 5 and I had only made it to a 2 and I was a little disappointed but I also knew how fast I went from 3 to 10 last time so trusted I was on the right track- luckily my midwife did too. After about 7 things started to get more intense by I was still doing ok. I asked to get in the shower and around 8 I did- labored ther for an hour or so with my DH streaming hot water on the small of my back- heaven! After I got out my midwife came back and checked me and said I was at an open 4. I was really upset but she was happy with it. I stared having classic transition thoughts (I can’t do this, I don’t have anything else left, etc) and the midwife said- your cm say 4 but your demeanor says transition. I’m going to stay with you and we are going to have a baby soon. She coached me and DH into some new positions to use during contractions and was awesome. Within an hour I knew I needed to push but was terrified. They barely had time to set up the bed and call folks into the room. Suddenly I was pushing and in two contractions and maybe four pushes she was out! So I went from 4 to baby in my arms in maybe an hour total. I was shocked she was a girl, and shocked that after the IUGR concerns she was 6lbs1oz! Overall I was happy with how the induction went for me, minus the anxiety ahead of time. Sorry for the novel! Good luck to everyone still waiting on their sweet ones!

17. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@MrsBucky: wow a lot of fast and furious births here! Love hearing all these stories. I still can’t understand how DW was 4-5 cm and then 20 mins later pushing a baby out! Glad to hear the IUGR wasn’t too much a factor. 6lbs10oz is a great size!

How is everyone finding the nights at home? First night was awful for us, second was bad but a little better. Then DW pumped a bottle last night for the first time so we split the night up a bit and both got a decent stretch. B wants to be wide awake between 11-2 for sure. Our older son is in school this week for his first full week and so far he’s doing great with all these transitions!

18. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: Oh my goodness! Aside from the shower, we had nearly identical experiences! They were transitioning the bed as she was being born! But it took forever to actually get into labor. I'm so happy your little girl is doing well. How are you recovering?

19. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@muffinsmuffins: Isn't if great having preschool?!?! DS still goes full-time to keep his spot for when I return to work. Plus, he gets to do all kinds of fun/enriching stuff.
    Nights are iffy. She has been sleeping for a long chunk of time but eats for hours beforehand. So she pretty much ate from 9-11:30 last night and then slept from 11:30-4.

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: Congrats! How are you feeling? What a quick experience, glad your midwife was on top of it.

@muffinsmuffins: Nights are exhausting! Some nights he is doing 3 hour stretches, others 2. Last night was a bunch of 2.5 hour stretches. He gets pretty crazy hiccups in between some feedings so then DH gets up and rocks him, this has been 2-3 times per night. The last couple days he has been fussy starting early am all through the morning.

Luckily we get a couple hours in the afternoon that DS is in kindergarten. This week is his first full week. Last night he went to sleep right away which made me going to bed early easier.

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

What is everyone using for nighttime sleep?

We have his crib set up in our room. He seems so tiny in it but as long as he is swaddles tight doesn't seem to mind. We have the rock n play in the main living area that we use in the day.

22. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@crazydoglady: oh it’s so helpful for him to be at school! The time goes super fast though haha he’s there 915-345. I’m glad he has his own thing to be involved in instead of just being focussed on the baby all the time. Though I think he’s waking up at night when the baby wakes so hopefully he’s not too tired today.

@ALV91711: we are using a fisher price basinette in our room for now which seems to be working well. We have a couple of swaddle pods and we did use a Muslin blanket as a swaddle a couple times but I am crap at wrapping it tight enough! I remember moving DS1 to his crib in his room at like 6 weeks old because he was soooo noisey but DS2 isn’t as squeaky so we shall see. I know the room sharing recommendations have changed since 4 years ago...

23. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@ALV91711: @muffinsmuffins: we have our old mini crib set up in our room, and I pulled in up to be sort of side cared to my side of the bed. Last night was brutal, but I’m trying to remember that every stage passes and I’ll miss parts of this stage when it’s over.DS has a stuffy nose and is waking up more often at night too, which sucks.

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@muffinsmuffins: What are the current room sharing recommendations? I figured we'd keep him in our room a few months. Swaddling is not easy. We just have some muslin swaddle blankets, sometimes I do a great job and others not so much.

@MrsBucky: I hope you have a better night tonight. I pretty much dozed off at every feeding last night.

DH took the day off today so we can rest. He's doing school drop off and pick up. I kind of over did it in the last couple days and am pretty sore today, so an extra set of hands is very welcome.

25. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven’t been super active these last few weeks... school started after Labor Day and teaching full time plus a toddler took everything out of me!

On 9/15 we welcomed a baby boy! We had a great birth experience and he’s doing well so far today. Active labor was only 6ish hours (compared to 20+ hours with my first!) and we had a hospital water birth. Recovery is going well.

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@ruby26: Congrats! Glad you are both doing well.

27. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@ruby26: Congratulations!

I also had a baby boy on 9/15! I got into a car accident on my way home from work and the air bags went off. Ambulance took me to the hospital and I was cleared in the ER (only minor burn on my arm from the air bag). But they transferred me to L&D for fetal monitoring. The baby’s heart rate dipped a few times and doctors decided it was best to deliver since I was 38 +3.

I started crying because DH was hours away in Florida for work. My in laws were with me so my MIL accompanied me to the OR and was able to FaceTime DH so he could witness the birth and announce the baby’s gender - another boy!

DH took the first flight home in the morning (delivered at 12:15 am) and picked up DS on the way. Very emotional 24 hours and not at all what we expected but Connor Felix is a perfect little nugget at 5 lb 12 oz and we are both healthy!

28. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@ruby26: congratulations! @Bluemasonjar: oh my goodness what a rollercoaster! I’m glad everyone is healthy and I’m sure it will make a great story in years to come!

29. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/18-- ruby26 born 9/15!
    9/19-- MrsBucky Born 9/7!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/26-- bluemasonjar Connor Felix born 9/15!
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Oh wow! What a day. Congratulations! Glad you are both doing good.

31. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ruby26: Congratulations!!! So happy to hear that your birth experience was much better this time. How long are you off work? I give you props for working as long as you did!

32. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Oh my gosh!! I can't imagine how stressful that must have been! I'm glad to hear you are both well and the family is all together now. I hope you recover quickly.

33. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

How is everyone doing with their new LO’s?

Connor is a sleepy little man. Goal is to get him back up to birth weight (5lb 12oz) by our pediatrician follow up on Thursday.

I’ve been surprised by how the adjustment to having a new baby has affected our 3 yo. He loves his brother but definitely acting out.

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Bluemasonjar: I'm in disbelief that tomorrow will be 4 weeks. This guy is a much more sleepy newborn than DS1 was. He is starting to have a couple 45 min wake up times but other than that he is awake long enough to eat.

DS1 has been a great big brother. So helpful, living and patient. I try and spend time each day doing something with just him which I think helps and most nights I tuck him in.

Most days I'm feeling like a zombie. We are getting the odd 3 hour stretch at night but he is nursing pretty much every 2 hours around the clock.

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

How is everyone doing? How are the babies doing?

We are starting to get 2.5 and 3 hours between feedings at night. He is still napping most of the day. We have an awake period in th morning and again around dinner, a couple of times in the afternoon. DS1 never slept this much so it is quite different.

36. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@ALV91711: I feel like DD is sleepier than DS was too but I’m not sure how trustworthy my memories are tbh. We are doing ok- she has entered a stage of only wanting to sleep on me but not being thrilled with being awake for long either. I’m running out of adrenaline and nights are hot or miss and I’m a high sleep needs person, so that’s hard. But she isn’t a difficult baby on the grand scale or babies so I can’t complain

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: And then since I typed that he has been fussy all morning and not going to sleep. So overtired. Of course he fell asleep about 5 min ago and now we have to go take big brother to school.

38. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

Was just thinking of this thread the other day and wondering how everyone was doing!

Baby B is officially a month old! Like you guys we are still trying to figure out sleep and soothing....lots of bouncing on yoga ball and white noise for us. No predictability to the days though he did have his first 4 hr stretch last night after screaming at me for an hour ha!

Today is my first day back at work so first day of getting DS1 ready for school on my own and making myself presentable as well as getting to work on time. DW is off for the year so that’s amazing...I missed them so much! Trying to figure out the night routine since I was dealing with baby until 2 am up til now while DW slept downstairs (bottles of pumped milk) so we tried til midnight last night instead which seemed fine for me to still be functional at work. We shall see!

Does everyone with their second babe feel like it’s easier this time? I think easier as in less stress about little things and knowing things are phases but harder in terms of no down time with older kids!

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@muffinsmuffins: Good luck with being back at work. DH didn't take paternity leave but is good about helping out middle of night when needed. He gets up to soothe ifvit is between feedings.

I think number 2,is easier in the same ways. I'm not so paranoid, have an idea what to expect and know what to try. With a 5yo though I'm exhausted. Making sure to spend time with him, getting him to school & just keeping him fed is exhausting.

40. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@ALV91711: wow, it was hard enough with two of us there let alone one so props to you! Glad your DH is helpful with the soothing since that can be the crappies part sometimes! DS1 was so sleepy because he was a preemie so we had to work to keep him awake. B was sleepy for about a week where I naively thought this is super easy! Now, it’s hit and miss whether he falls right to sleep or we spend time walking, bouncing, etc. to sleep.
    Every sleepless night brings us one more day closer to 3 months when hopefully things start to really change and stretch out!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee