Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Any May 2013 mommies out there?

1. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@mauri: I love your pictures!!!

@anniegurumi: Yay for your son being head down! I get an ultrasound today to check the baby's position.

This is 35 + 4. Please excuse the dirty mirror and short shirt!

2. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@mauri: @autumnlove: you guys both look great!

How wonderful that so many of our babes heads are down! I cannot believe how close we are all getting. Once it got into the single digits with weeks it felt so surreal. We have about 7 weeks left, and to realize it could happen anytime really in the next 9 is just crazy. I'm so excited though!

We had our shower last weekend and it was so beautiful. My best friend threw it for us and she just went above and beyond what we could have asked for. She even got us a huge giraffe that fits in perfectly in the nursery. I'll pop back and share some photos soon.

3. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Here's a few pictures from the shower as promised.. My phone just froze, but I'll try and send more to myself to post later!

the second one is 'the aftermath' as I called it. She hung tons of balloons and they started to fall after everyone left. I thought it was really beautiful (until later when we were at dinner and got called that our house alarm had gone off! We were relieved to find out it was just a fallen balloon in front of the motion sensor).

4. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@autumnlove: I love your belly shot!!!!!

@Mrs. Lovejoy: OMG Your shower is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! I love the table setting and how gorgeous are the balloons?? Even the aftermath! Lovely, simply gorgeous! It's so nice of your best friend to do that!

Yes to getting close! Today marks 6 weeks left for us and I am over the moon excited.

5. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Holy gorgeous! Love every detail!

We had maternity shots done on Saturday at 33w1d. She posted a sneak peak...here it is! Hoping she got some that DIDN'T capture my new pregnant double chin Otherwise, feeling good (except for pelvic pain and exhaustion) and just turned in a final draft of my masters thesis. 4 weeks of work and school left and 4 weeks until full term! How is everyone doing?

6. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@anniegurumi: Thank you!! @maybebaby: You look WONDERFUL!!! This is such a lovely photo and I'm sure she captured many more beautiful ones. Congratulations on turning in your thesis!! I'm sure that must be such a relief. Can you believe only 4 more weeks (or less for some) until full term?! This time is flying by.

How are you guys doing? What are everyone's plans for working (or not) up until delivery? What about after maternity leave (if you're taking one)?

7. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@maybebaby: I LOVE THIS PICTURE! You guys look like super models! We also had our pictures taken at 33 weeks and I'm impatiently waiting for them. I can't wait to share it with you ladies!

I'm doing ok overall. I had some real contractions two weeks ago that really scared me so much. But thankfully it didn't amount to anything.

The hubs just left for Thailand for work and although he's about a two hour flight from Shanghai... I got really sad. I'm a little scared about going into labor early and not really having anyone here to help me. But I know in the end I'll be ok. He's coming back Friday night so it's only a few days but I miss him already.

How are you ladies feeling?

8. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I have classes/work up until 37 weeks and I then I am off until baby comes! My current job is in my field but not the best situation, so we made the decision that while I am on "leave" I will look for a job I love. So my "leave" will be for an undetermined amount of time until I find a new job, which is both exciting and scary. What about you?

@anniegurumi: Thank you!! Glad the early labor was just a scare. DH will be home soon. Have you been having a lot of BH besides those real contractions?

We got blogged from last w/e's shoot--here are the photos! http://blog.carolinetalbotphoto.com/2013/04/09/boston-public-library-maternity-session/

9. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@anniegurumi: aw sorry you had the scare and are missing your DH! I'm sure the extra hormones don't help the situation, either Glad he's coming back soon!

@maybebaby: You guys are such a good looking couple and you look GREAT!! I love all of them and I am sure you'll cherish these for a long time and especially looking back some day. How exciting that this is the perfect opportunity for you to find your dream job Then you can go on leave (soon!) and know that you don't have to go back to something you don't love. Don't let the pressure of finding another job get to you while you enjoy your LO, because you'll find it!

10. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thank you so much. You are absolutely right, it will be an amazing feeling to know that whatever I end up doing after LO comes will be the right thing--not something to dread. That is a pretty great feeling!! What are your plans?

11. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@maybebaby: good. I'll keep reminding you when you need it

I'm taking the full 12 weeks off, then coming back with a compressed schedule, 4 10s with Fridays off. I tried to get a part time schedule, but my boss wasn't having it.. I'm ok with the arrangement and hope it feels like I have some more freedom!

12. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: That's too bad you couldn't get the PT schedule, but I love the idea of a 4 day week. That extra day will be so precious! Will your leave start before your due date or is 12 weeks from when baby comes?

13. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

@autumnlove: almost baby time!

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Everything looked amazing

@maybebaby: Your pictures are beautiful!

Last Wednesday (35w6d) I had my group b swab, and first internal... 1 cm & 50%.. I go again tomorrow! How's everyone else doing?

14. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@maybebaby: I am going to try to work up until the end, but honestly..I really don't want to. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm pretty uncomfortable, generally irritable and just lacking desire to be the go getter I was a few months ago. It's bad.. But at the same time, I can't imagine leaving early and taking away from the time I could have with LO. I did read something that if the midwife says you have to start leave early then it goes against disability, but not FMLA, so maybe I would consider looking into it? I don't know. I probably need to just suck it up!

15. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Cupcake: Progress already! That is awesome!! You are so close too

16. mauri

cherry / 153 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Love your shower pictures! Everything looks beautiful!

@maybebaby: You look fantastic!

Had my 36 week appt yesterday! Can't believe how close we're all getting! I also set up my remaining dr.'s appts, which really makes it feel like time is flying by.

Baby is still head down, and apparently lower than most babies are at this stage! I'm 1cm dilated. Dr. guesses he weighs about 6.75 lbs now!

My last day of work is April 19, so I can hopefully get some rest before our son's arrival (EDD May 4). Then I'll be a SAHM.

17. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

I had my appointment today too at almost 35 weeks! doc thinks baby is 2.2kg (4.8lbs) and he's head down too! Everything's looking good and we have our group B test at the next appointment.

So EXCITED. I can't believe May is almost here! Did you gals buy everything you need? I think we're pretty good but honestly it's so hard to tell what we really need.

*HUGS* ladies!

18. autumnlove

@anniegurumi: Hi! Yay for everything looking good!

I think we have everything we need. I just need to buy some pump accessories.

hugs!

We are getting close to having some baby updates! I hope everyone is doing well.

19. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@autumnlove: I'm getting so excited!!! And... scared. LOL I saw some videos online of births and it ranges from the woman having a nice pleasant experience to one lady that is NON STOP SCREAMING IN HORROR.

I don't know if it's good that I'm watching these are not. Have you ladies thought about whether or not you'll get the epidural? I'm hoping to go natural but I really don't know my pain tolerance for this so.... if I need it, I'll definitely get it.

Also.. has anything given birth already and also at some point in their life had a kidney or uterine stone that they passed? Which pain is worse? I know an odd question but I had a uterine stone last year and I felt like I was dying. It was awful.

20. autumnlove

@anniegurumi: Heehee! Stop watching the videos!

With my first pregnancy, I wanted to try a epidural free birth but I changed my mind when I was 7 cm dilated. My contractions were strong when I was induced and I didn't have a tolerance for the pain. I ended up with a C-section because I got sick after 36 hours of labor and my baby wasn't budging. I'm going with a scheduled C-section this time but I'm still nervous.

21. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@autumnlove: I know! I'm asking for punishment by watching these videos!

omg! You are a warrior girl! You made it through with your adorable daughter and now this one. I know it's nerve wracking but try not to think too much about it. I have friends who did 3 c sections and they were all wonderful! I hope that it is for you as well. You're coming up soon too!!! This is so exciting.

I guess I'll have to see as I go and see how strong it is for me! I know that every woman is different... but my god. these videos.... they are scaring the CRAP out of me.

22. mauri

cherry / 153 posts

I'm getting an epidural as soon as I walk in the door! I was born with hydrocephalus, and my dr. doesn't want me putting too much pressure on my head, so he pretty much ordered me to have the epidural. I wasn't going to argue! He also wants the baby to labor down as much as he can on his own so I don't have to push as much/as long.

23. emg86

persimmon / 1153 posts

I can't believe that it's almost time for us all! It's CRAZY! I swear I was just thinking the first trimester was never going to be over....hahahaha.

I'll be hitting 37 weeks this weekend. I still can't believe that we'll be full term...I haven't emotionally or mentally prepared myself for baby girl arriving early or on time. This entire pregnancy I've told myself she would be super late but I've had pretty consistent BH for weeks and lots of menstrual like cramping as well.

We will be trying and hoping for a natural birth. We're planning on a home birth, so the entire pregnancy I feel like we've been "training" for it. We've done lots of reading, Bradley classes, lots of exercises and my favorite...lots of prenatal massages :-).

@anniegurumi I watch birth videos all of the time, but I try to focus on watching more positive ones than negative ones!

We have the basics in case baby were to come early and I'm almost done with our Montessori nursery, which has been a lot of fun to put together.

Are any working moms becoming SAHMs? I stopped working about 3 weeks ago and I'm thankful for the time I've had to actually work on things around the house before baby comes!

24. lomom

nectarine / 2127 posts

I'm 35w2d and looking at a possible scheduled c section at 37 weeks due to being diagnosed with Intrauterine Growth Restriction. LO measured 2 weeks behind on our growth ultrasound at 33w so I've been going 2x a week since then for NSTs and extra ultrasounds. I'll be 37w on April 25th so I'm realy hoping to hear at my next appt about the scheduled c section. So far LO has done well at the NSTs and the u/s have been good (they look at cord flow and the state of the placenta, his movement, the fluid levels, etc. So right now our goal is 37w!

25. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@mauri: Yes! I would get that epidural asap too! I agree you don't want to put pressure and stress especially in your condition. I will definitely send some extra love your way when you're in labor.

@emg86: OMG I wish you were here to pry me away from these videos! I can't stop watching the horrible ones... I feel like I need to watch them incase I do become like that. lol I need more positive ones, have you been watching them on youtube?

@septemberlove: I'll be sending some extra love your way on the 25th as well!!! Good luck to you sweetie.

26. emg86

persimmon / 1153 posts

@anniegurumi: I have watched some on Youtube, but most of the positive ones I end up liking are on Vimeo.

27. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Hi ladies! Just popping in for a minute to wish everyone well and vent about my crazy swollen foot (it's only the left one lately). I drank almost 100 oz of water yesterday, but alas, it was still a balloon!

28. emg86

persimmon / 1153 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: You poor thing! Cucumber & watermelon can help with swelling as well! I hope it gets better.

29. autumnlove

I hope all the May mamas are doing well! I should have my baby by next Monday!

30. emg86

persimmon / 1153 posts

@autumnlove: I can't believe it's almost time!!!

I hit 38wks on Sunday. I've been busy having lots of nausea, Braxton hicks and cramps over the last few days. I can't believe that we could our sweet baby any day!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

31. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Next week is May. (!!!)

That is all

32. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@autumnlove: Eee exciting!! Can't wait to see babies on the board

@Mrs. Lovejoy: ahhh! i remember hitting april and being like OMG, baby is due next month--but this is really real now!

33. lomom

nectarine / 2127 posts

Any babies yet?

My LO was due May 16th but decided he couldn't wait that long. He came April 14th at 8:50pm, 4lb 4oz, and 17 inches long.

He spent 8 days in NICU but he's finally home and we couldn't be happier!

34. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@septemberlove: Congratulations on your LO! I am so happy to hear he is home. How are you adjusting to life outside the NICU? So exciting that we have our first(?) May(ish!) baby!

35. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@septemberlove: Congratulations!!! have you posted your birth story yet? I don't know if I've seen it but I look forward to reading it if you're up for sharing!

36. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@maybebaby: You're right! Our first due in May baby ( I think ).

We're going to have to keep a running list of due dates and deliveries! If y'all are interested, post your due date (I know many of us have already but it would help to have it all in one place) and I will start a list on here

37. autumnlove

No baby yet but I am checking in for my C-section!

38. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thank you, that is a great idea!! EDD May 24 with Baby Boy!

@autumnlove: ahhh thinking of you!!!

39. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

May babies already here!

Septemberlove: baby boy, born ?

Waiting to meet...
    Autumnlove: Scheduled c-section 4/25 (EDD 5/2), girl
    Mrs. Lovejoy: EDD 5/22, girl
    Maybebaby: EDD 5/24, boy

I know there's lots more so help me add them to the list!

40. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@autumnlove: woohoo!! So exciting!!! can't wait to hear the good news

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee