Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2013 Mamas!

1. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@AprilFool: congrats!!!!! She's so beautiful

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Congrats AprilFool!!!!! She is so precious!!!

3. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@jaguar: your pictures are beautiful!!!

@aprilfool: congratulations!!! So adorable!

Finally have an induction date- Friday April 12!! Only 13 days late!! Hoping to see my little man before that (lot my mucous plug today) so my midwife is confident he will arrive prior to induction!!

4. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

So I had my midwife appointment this afternoon. She talked all about what will happen if I don't go into labor by 41 weeks (next Tuesday). I have to book an u/s to check fluid levels on Monday or Tuesday. If everything looks ok I'll likely go to 10-14 days overdue. I'm just hoping not to get to that point! I'll probably have a membrane sweep next week.

5. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@blackbird: Good to hear Ella is improving. Hopefully that means home soon.

@hergreenapples: @sslm: Happy due date! Cmon babies. For me I found nothing happened until it happened. I had cramping but not much BH, no bloody show and water broke in the birthing tub so just hang in there. Not the easiest thing to do I know.

@bpaig: Congrats! They certainly are worth it

@jaguar: lovely photos So good to have something to remember them by at this size

6. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

Hi ladies!!!! Congrats to those that have had their sweet babies!!!! Here are a couple pics of our sweet Anna. Still some complications but she's doing much better!

7. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

Thanks guys. We are so in love

@silva: Boo to hubby! We have had so many compliments on the name.

@cheert16: Yay for having an end date but mucus plug seems promising

@sslm: It's good to at least have some kind of plan

8. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Pumpkinspice: Congrats!!! She's just lovely!

9. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@AprilFool: Aww! She's adorable and what a great name. Congratulations!

@Pumpkinspice: So, so, so cute! Hope you both get to come home soon

Had my 40 week appointment this morning. Baby is more engaged (midwife said not fully engaged but "dipping") than last week, so yay for that. Maybe all this forward leaning, squatting and ball-sitting I've been doing has been effective.

We talked about postdates management. I'll be booked for a NST at 41 weeks and a BPP at 41+3....hopefully it doesn't come to that. If nothing by my 41 week appointment next week I'll ask for a stretch and sweep...they offered one today, but warned that my midwife is off this weekend, so if I want her to attend the birth it may not be wise to get a membrane sweep today...so I didn't.

They are happy to let me go to 42 weeks (assuming all is well with the tests), but apparently the OBs that oversee the BPP can be really aggressive and some are known to throw around the term "dead baby" fairly regularly and without reason....so I hope this baby comes before that appointment.

After the midwife, I went and walked two laps around the mall since it's too rainy to walk outside today. Now I'm just going to have some lunch and bake some cookies for DH....just trying to find ways to pass the time!

10. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Pumpkinspice: Cute cute cute!!!

@hergreenapples: I have an u/s booked for Tuesday, and my 41 week appointment. I'm hoping to not make it to either of those things!!! Fingers crossed! I sat on the ball all evening yesterday and I'll probably do it again tonight!!

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Pumpkinspice: Congratulations !!!!!!!!!

Hoping some of our due-overdue mamas get their wee ones soon. xxx

12. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@jaguar: I hope so too!!!!! Waiting is no fun already and I'm only 2 days over!

I'm heading for a pedicure today to help take my mind off of things. I'll ask her to really massage my feet, isn't that a possible labor inducer? DH and I also have plans for a spicy food outing on Saturday if she's not here yet, and we're walking every night. I was drinking red raspberry leaf tea but I just ran out and I'm not sure I want to buy more... Oh and I am sitting on the ball a ton!!!!!

13. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@hergreenapples: @sslm: Again, I remain impressed with your patience. I am 38+5 and pretty much constantly throwing the biggest, crankiest pity party for myself for no reason other than I'm sick of waiting!

Had an internal yesterday- nothing going on. Have been spotting since then- I know its normal, but it was quite a shock to see that after not having had a period since July!

14. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

Hi everyone! I'm at 37 +1 and I'm on maternity leave! Just nesting and getting stuff ready for my little lady.

@AprilFool: Congrats!

@Pumpkinspice: Anna is precious!

@Silva:Hang in there!

@sslm: I hope she comes soon!!!

@hergreenapples: Good luck!

15. autumnlove

@jaguar: Georgia is soooooooooo beautiful!

16. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@jaguar: I hope so too!

@sslm: I think I'm on my fifth box of RRL tea (I started around 36 weeks). I now drink three cups a day, each steeped for 15 minutes with two tea bags. And what has it gotten me? A whole lotta nothing!

@Silva: Not patience so much as not having any other choice than to wait!

@autumnlove: Hope you're enjoying your mat leave so far

17. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: Haha. Maybe I won't bother then!!

18. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: How's it going today?

I woke up to some cramps that I thought were promising but they turned into nothing. I'm disappointed.

The weather is also bringing me down! Snow??? Seriously???

19. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: I'm getting frustrated. It seems like I have non-stop BH all day, but then NOTHING at night.

I've been sitting on the ball all the time, doing hands and knees, sex etc. and no dice. This baby just isn't ready yet!

My midwife and I chatted on the phone last night and she said the BH mean my body is doing something and to just keep doing what I'm doing. I also had a chat with her about discontinuing student involvement in my care (posted about it here: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/how-would-you-handle-thislong-ish) and that went really well, so that's a plus.

The weather is pissing me off. No snow here, but on day one million of torrential rain when all I want to do is go for long walks. ARGH!

I don't care about being overdue, I just really want this baby to come before my BPP at 41+3, because I know the OB is really going to pressure me to induce and as much as I am able to stand up for myself and my body, I just don't want to deal with that.

Sorry for the novel..just nice to have someone to vent to who I know is feeling similarly!

20. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: Ugh!! So annoying. I mean, I know we're only 3 days overdue, but it's still frustrating. I also don't want to make it to my BPP which is on Tuesday at 41 weeks. I won't be referred to an OB yet, but I'll need to think about what I want for an induction. Apparently they don't like to do them over the weekend, and I'll be 10 days overdue on Friday, so then I would have to wait until Monday. That would be fine, it just seems so far away!!!!! I'm so impatient.

21. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: Yeah, apparently here the BPP has to be overseen by an OB (not an official transfer of care, just a consult). I hope that they don't like inductions here over the weekend either...that will buy us both a couple more days. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

Our plan, assuming all goes well with the BPP, would be to go to 42 weeks and then induce. I'd like to start with a more natural induction method (e.g. foley catheter and/or AROM) before agreeing to pitocin. If I end up needing pitocin, my hopes for an unmedicated birth are going out the window!

Oh, midwife's office just called....NST on Tuesday, BPP on Friday at 4:30...I bet that means I would be able to take the weekend before inducing....YAY!

22. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: Yay! Well, hopefully neither of us gets to that point. Hopefully the weekend brings some April babies

23. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: I've heard good things about inducing labor with a breast pump... have you considered trying that?

24. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: Yeah, my midwife has discussed with me. We don't have a breast pump yet (waiting to see if we want one), but I was thinking that if I get to the point where induction is looming I'll rent one.

My midwife said she's seen it be more successful in cases of stalled labour and that otherwise it can be kind of tedious, but worth trying if it comes down to the wire.

25. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: Hmm. I have a hand me down manual pump from my sister. I might give it a try if I get desperate!

26. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@hergreenapples: I def think the red raspberry tea helped me. I was taking the supplement tho but I went from a 5 to birth in 4 hours and pushed for 2 of those
    @sslm: I have my fingers crossed you both go into labour naturally. We all had similar plans and hopefully you get the births you want. I was officially a week over and got what I wanted so hoping for the best for you both @hergreenapples:

27. sylvie_b

apricot / 458 posts

hey april mamas, sorry for the delayed birth announcement, but here it is!

introducing our (early) easter baby, thelonious aka "theo". born 3.31.13 @ 11:59am. 6lbs 3oz, 20 inches. got to hospital at 9:30 am (cutting our napa babymoon 1 day short!) and he wasted no time! we love him beyond words and can't wait for you guys to meet him!

since our little theo was 17 days early, i've planned to post theo's birth story on his original due date, which is in 5 days (4.17).

parenthood so far has been the wild ride of dirty diapers, sore boobs, post partum recovery (which - omg - no one really tells you about) and sleepless nights. and i'm so grateful to have this wonderful community to learn from and share with.

sending lots of love and happy baby thoughts to my april mamas and their new april babies! xoxoxo

28. sylvie_b

apricot / 458 posts

@cheert16: thinking of you and hope your induction went well, mama!
    @AprilFool: congratulations, mama! she is absolute perfection
    @Pumpkinspice: ahhhh, little anna is so beautiful. congratulations!!
    @sslm: hoping this weekend has some baby magic in store for you!
    @Silva: hoping baby silva will make a debut soon!
    @hergreenapples: hang in there, mama....i feel like your little one will decide to make an appearance soon.
    @jaguar: georgia is magnificent! and georgia & theo are 1 day apart! i love it. congratulations, love!

29. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

He is adorable, congrats!!!!!

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@sylvie_b: Little Theo is an old soul for sure - those eyes! LOVE. xxx

31. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@sylvie_b: congratulations! He is beautiful- those eye! Thank you for sharing!

32. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@sylvie_b: wow, congrats!!! He's so handsome

I can't believe how many April ladies have their babies already!! I'm so jealous!!!!

Still nothing to report here. I had a good cry over that fact this morning.

33. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@sslm: I'm sorry nothing is happening yet- hopefully soon! I can't imagine how much harder the waiting must be post due-date. Hope you can find something fun and distracting to do today!

34. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

April babies already here:
    Mrs Blue: Finn & Elliott, born March 11
    Jaguar: Georgia Elizabeth, born March 30
    Sylvie_B: Thelonius, born March 31
    Blackbird: Ella, born April 5
    BPAIG: Baby boy, born April 6
    Pumpkin Spice: Anna, born April 8
    April Fool: Harriet, born April 9

Waiting to meet...
    Cheert16-E.D.D. March 30, baby boy
    SSLM - E.D.D. April 9, girl
    HerGreenApples - E.D.D. April 9, team Green
    Silva - E.D.D. April 20, team Green
    Autumnlove - Scheduled c-section 4/29 (EDD 5/2), girl
    nycbee - E.D.D. April 25, girl

35. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sylvie_b: so much cuteness! Congratulations!

AFM, woke up this morning feeling quite crampy and hoped that meant something. Cramps have now subsided and been replaced with the omnipresent BHs. Hmph.

We've been having massive quantities of hot sauce at every meal (I don't think it will work for me though, as my midwife said spicy food induces labour by upsetting your bowels and I eat so much spicy food normally that my system is pretty immune to its effects). Just picked up a whole pineapple. Walked just under 5k yesterday. Might walk more later today if the rain ever decides to let up.

ARGH! Come on baby!

36. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

I'm wondering if the fact that I am super teary is a sign of impending labor, or just the frustration of it all... Lol. Picked up some more red raspberry leaf tea so I'll be chugging that.

37. autumnlove

@sslm: Awww! Hang in there! What exactly is red raspberry tea supposed to do? Does it taste good?

38. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@sylvie_b: he is gorgeous! Going to break a few hearts for sure

39. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

Some more Harriet

40. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@autumnlove: it's meant to tone your uterus resulting in more efficient contractions. I quite like it, but I'm a tea drinker. It kind of tastes like chamomile tea.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee