Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: congrats on your boy!! And on getting to announce to everyone
    @bloved: great results! Are you and your DH going to find out the gender eventually, or stay team green til the end?

2. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

that is the big debate. We found out with my son at the 20 week ultrasound bc I desperately
    Wanted to know, so I compromised and said with the next child we could wait until s/he was born. So technically we are team green. But lately I feel like my husband has been waivering and talking about how nice it was to find out At the 20 week ultrasound so I am thinking maybe we will do that. But I am trying not to influence him in any way bc this is definitely our last child, so I don't want him to miss out on that team green experience if it is something he really wants.

3. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MrsRoo: forgot to tag you above!

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@jh524: congrats on the boy!!

5. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Just got back blood work results from NT scan. All normal.

6. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Here was our announcement

7. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@BandDmommy: so precious! You have a beautiful family.

@bloved: that makes sense, I'm fascinated by people who can stay team green. I love the idea of the delivery room surprise, but DH is very adamantly pro finding out the sex, so it was never really an option for us. At least you know you have a healthy baby!

8. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BandDmommy: adorable!

So my monthly appointment with the Dr went well today. It's the first time I've met him actually, I was seeing the other OB in the office and he's not delivering babies anymore. I was quite surprised and pleased at his approach to things. Told me not to worry about cheese, deli meats, and sushi, but to steer clear of HFCS and buy organic whenever possible. I asked him if I should get a flu shot and he said the CDC recommends it, but to do whatever I would normally do or whatever I'm comfortable with. So that was interesting to me! Also, I had some cells removed a few years ago so I'll get monthly ultrasounds to make sure my cervix isn't shortening (which he said would be an annoyance to me, but I'm fine with that!). OK I'll stop my rambling now...

Oh and babies heart beat was good on the Doppler and he/she kicked while he was checking the hear beat LOL

Next appointment is 11/30 and then I'll get to schedule the Anatomy Scan

9. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

I'm going to be that weirdo and go to the movies (without actually watching a movie) to get their cheese fries!!
    exactly one more week and I'll know the sex of baby!!

10. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@BandDmommy: adorable announcement!

@JennyLayneAZ: what is HFCs? Glad your appointment went well and that you like your doctor.

11. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: what is HFCs?

12. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: oh was thinking about it. Is it high fructose corn syrup?

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bloved: & @BandDmommy: high fructose corn syrup

14. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bloved: Yes LOL Sorry I had the window open too long before I posted! Work getting in the way of chatting and all.. lol

15. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@BandDmommy: I love the announcement. Happy to hear the scan and blood work are all good!

I should geta call about my blood work tomorrow or the beginning of next week.

@JennyLayneAZ: happy your appointment went well!

16. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@jh524: congratulations on the good results! So happy for you!

17. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Thanks everyone!
    @BandDmommy: your announcement is so cute!!! Love it! And congrats on your results!
    @JennyLayneAZ: @autumnleaves: thank you!!!

18. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@auggiefrog: how are you doing?

19. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@BandDmommy: Good, good. Just patiently waiting for the new test results. I've been finding the babies heartbeat on my home doppler though, so that has been reassuring. Your announcement is super cute! How exciting!

@JennyLayneAZ: It's great that your appointment went well! It seams like your doctor has an interesting approach, but hooray for sushi!

20. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

I started bleeding & cramping, it feels like when you start your period! I'm 14 weeks - Do I need to go get checked or wait until tomorrow morning when I have my reg OB appt. I'm worried. I didn't have any bleeding during my 1st pregnancy.

21. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: I would call your doctors off-hours line to see what they can recommend. I have had a lot of bleeding this pregnancy and it has been ok. But definitely call for peace of mind.

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: I would get checked now if it was me. I'm thinking of you.

23. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@jh524: call for sure! I had heavy bleeding early this pregnancy and all was ok, but better to talk to them ASAP and get guidance.

24. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@bloved, @Cherrybee, @mamabolt: I called L&D and the nurse told me to rest, lay on my side &hydrate. She said time will tell and if the bleeding or cramping get worse, to come in. I think I over did it yesterday, I was busy cleaning and moving things around for a party I had at my house. I didn't eat or drink near enough. But why would that cause bleeding and cramps?! luckily I have a appt tomorrow morning at 10. I'm wondering if I should cancel my exercise class tomorrow gosh I'm worried

25. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Is the bleeding heavy? Or is it spotting? What colour is it?

26. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@jh524: glad you called! Definitely put your feet up and rest. Sounds like you overdid it yesterday.

27. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: I would probably cancel exercise class depending on the bleeding. Even though mine had stopped before I went to the doctor, they still wanted me to take it easy for a few days.

28. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@jh524: when I had bleeding my OB said their standard advice is a week of no intense exercise/sex after bleeding. But I'm sure all docs are slightly different.

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@jh524: it all depends on your comfort level. Personally I'd skip it.

30. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@jh524: I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Sounds scary. I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. I wouldn't excersize until you talk to your doctor.

31. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: sorry you're dealing with this. Any bleeding in pregnancy is scary, regardless of how normal it is statistically.

If you're worried, I'd cancel the exercise class, if for nothing else than peace of mind. I'll be thinking of you

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: thinking of you. Hope everything is ok! I think I would cancel class personally.

33. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@BandDmommy: love your announcement! It reminds me of the Bernstein Bears- one of my favorites children's series.

@jh524: thinking of you & baby! Hope everything is alright!!

I'm still not 100% if I'm legit showing or not, but I just bought a bunch of maternity clothes for home and the weekend. The pants are so, so much more comfortable. I didn't find anything I liked for work, so I'll hit the online retailers for that. For the been there done that mamas, how many maternity items do you have in your aresenal? I may try to make a capsule wardrobe out of this. Did you have to buy larger sizes down the line? Some of the pants in Medium fit perfect, but I opted for Large in case I grow in other places besides my middle.

34. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I didn't buy much the first time around and was happy with two pairs casual pants, three work, and maybe a dozen work shirts and a few t-shirts. This time I have all my sister's clothes too so not so minimal! I did have to size up for pants but I always gain weight in the booty/thighs so not surprised my extra lbs went there.

35. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Thank you ladies. It's scary that for sure! The bleeding was a small gush of blood, enough to go change underwear. The cramping lasted a few hours but really felt like When I start my period. No more bleeding following but still mild cramps tonight. I'm anxious to see my dr tomorrow morning!

36. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@jh524: I'm thinking of you! I'd definitely skip the exercise class tomorrow. Please update us after your appointment!

@auggiefrog: I've been meaning to respond for days to your post from the other day. It was good to hear from someone else for whom MC has made this pregnancy more stressful. I was telling my husband yesterday, I feel like at every appointment, I take a breath, and then I hold it until the next appointment. Sigh. You were smart to buy the home doppler. I have my next appointment on Friday. It will have been a month since I've been in, which is the longest I've gone this pregnancy. I. CANNOT. WAIT. I'm sure you ladies are right and the aching I'm feeling is round ligament pain/my uterus shifting, but I will feel so much better if I can see my baby. That being said, I am beginning to build meditation into my morning routines. It's something I've known I should do for a while, but I really need it now!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: The first time, I borrowed clothes from my bff and then also bought a few pieces myself. For the pieces I bought myself, I bought XS because that's what I wear when I'm not pregnant. But, my bff wears smalls & mediums and many of her clothes fit me fine. I think maternity clothes are funky with sizes, so you just have to see. In terms of how many clothes I had, I didn't have much last time and I really regretted it. By my 8th month, I loathed everything I owned because I was just so bored with it! But, I didn't want to buy new clothes because I was so close to the end. This time, I realize that my mental health at the end is more important so I'm already planning on buying some new pieces when I enter month 8. :smile: Luckily, my bff had a second baby in between my first pregnancy and this one, so I already have more options because she bought more clothes! And, just because it drove me crazy last time, I'm splurging this time on things like a maternity sweatshirt & workout clothes - again, by month 9 last time, I realized it wasn't worth it to me to be squeezing into things just not to spend a few bucks. :smile: Gee...didn't realize I had that much to say about maternity clothes - hope it helped!

37. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Just thinking of you.... hope you're ok.

38. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: just checking in. I've been thinking of you and hope everything is ok.

39. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@jh524: hope your apt went well!

40. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

So is it finally a bump? It feels like it I guess.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee