Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh that's great!! That's a long life span.

2. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: You ladies are the best! Thank you

3. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum:

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

"Are you having a hard time finding things to wear now that you're sticking way out there?" - my admin, mother of four, insensitive human.

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: People suck. On the first day back at work after Christmas I got "Looks like you got a bump for Christmas!".... In what world is that a nice thing to say?

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 28w3d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 28w0d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 27w5d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 27w2d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 26w6d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 26w6d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 26w4d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 26w2d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 26w1d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 26w0d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 25w5d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 25w4d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 25w2d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 25w1d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 25w0d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 25w0d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 24w6d
    April 28: justjules (#2 ) - 24w5d
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 23w0d

: 8 : 6 : 1

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: mmm.... just going to leave this right here for the world...

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: lol!! so true

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Ew! How rude!

10. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: PERFECT!

11. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: Oh she's full of comments like this. She's one of those "when I had kids I didn't even need maternity clothes" people... eye roll. (which is probably because they didn't make maternity clothes as often back in the late 70s/early 80s but whatever.)

12. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@psw27: ha! yesss to that pic

13. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: bahahaha I wish you would've said that!! I can't stand those types of comments! HELLO I'M CREATING A HUMAN HERE! It's a beautiful thing don't be negative.

14. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Not sick anymore. Did my glucose test today. 8 have a horrible headache from it.

Anybody else have painful BH?

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: People are so rude! That pic is amazing (and true) though!!!

@littleblessings: I've been having some uncomfortable BH for the last week or so now. Admittedly, the kicks to the cervix are more painful than anything!

I'm starting to have nausea in the mornings again! Noooo!

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: yeah, every now and then. They go away if I lay down though.

I'm traveling for work in Florida today and the weather is absolutely amazing! It's getting me really excited for the Spring when our babes will be here. What a great time for maternity leave! I plan on taking the full 10 weeks offered by my employer so if this baby comes on his due date I'd be out from the end of April through the first of week of July. Perfection!! How about everyone else?

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I work for the government, and they offer 0 paid leave (other than using your accumulated sick/vacation time). I'll be taking 4 months of leave, and I think only 6-7 weeks of it will be paid from what I have accumulated. The rest I'll be taking unpaid. I took 3 months with DS1 and suffered horribly with PPA. I took an extra month with DS2 and it significantly helped me. I'm hoping it's worth it to do so again.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: ugh! I hate that government employees get nothing. It just seems so wrong that private employers can figure it out but the government can't...

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I know. And I'm pretty sure it's about to get much much worse for us..... Apparently, if I worked for the state, instead of the fed, I could qualify for short term disability. But fed doesn't, for some reason. It's going to be really hard, because I'm the breadwinner (by far).

20. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hey mamas! I need your help! I'm going to begin making my checklist for the baby but ALSO for my son. I want to get things ready for the both of them. Help me out. I haven't done a baby checklist in a long time and I wanna be sure I don't leave anything out.

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: I've been a SAHM since DS2 was born, but with DS1, I only had 8 weeks off (all unpaid). I was a pre-k teacher, had him mid-November and went back after Christmas break. It was really hard and I don't know how I would've handled it if my mom wasn't the one keeping him!

22. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@psw27: You asked about the coobie nursing bras and here's my response: they don't fit the same! I ordered a black and beige and the black fits snugger (which I prefer) but the beige feels looser and doesn't hold the ladies in as well! I ordered "Full Size" and I don't think they could go for any boobs larger than mine (band size yes-not cup).

I'm okay with them but I probably will go get fitted once babe is here and my supply comes in.

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: thanks for the review!! I ordered one yesterday but I'm not confident it'll contain the beasts! We shall see. I definitely recommend getting fitted once your supply is in and settled down. I mostly just wore nursing tanks at first.

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm a government employee too - state though. No STD here in Massachusetts so I'll be unpaid as well but probably also try to take 6 weeks of maternity and 12 weeks of FMLA. Hoping to hoard as much time as I can in the next few months to pay as much as possible.

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Can any of our more experienced moms this month provide some reassurance? I'm starting to get nervous about things. This week, I've met two women who delivered earlier than I am now. I can't even imagine. Statistically I know things are likely to be fine, but I just worry what would happen with work, the nursery (or lack there of), her health... I'm having dreams about this each night that are a little disruptive to good sleep. The rational side of me knows this is useless worry, but still, it's clearly creeping into my subconscious.

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: First off, you're right that most likely you won't have to worry about baby coming super early. But even if she does, things have a way of working themselves out. I have 3 coworkers who have delivered b/w 28 and 33 weeks. Each of their LOs is perfectly healthy now though they obviously spent time in the NICU. Each of the moms had mentioned that it was scary to not be ready but they learned so much from NICU nurses that they felt incredibly well prepared by the time they got to take them home. Assuming you don't work at a terrible place, people will jump in to help make sure you're covered. In my experience most everyone understands that sometimes crazy stuff happens.

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm 23.5 weeks and I've had several friends who had micro-preemies between 24-26 weeks, so I always get nervous around this point. Each of their babies obviously spent a lot of time in the NICU, but they are healthy kids now! I have other friends who have had babies a month or two early and while it's not ideal, I think things just have a way of working out and people usually jump in to help. I'm an anxious person in general, so I completely get it. I try to remind myself that I haven't gone into labor before either of my scheduled c-sections at 39 weeks and if I do have complications or early labor this time, 1) I really have little to no control over it and 2) My hospital has a wonderful NICU and things would likely be okay.

28. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I had both a growth/follow up scan at MFM and a regular OB visit on Friday. The scan went well and her kidney issue apparently resolved itself because the measurements are perfect now! (I got clarification that it was the opening to the kidneys that measured a little large, but it was very borderline). I have another scan in 5 weeks just to check on her and make sure the antibody I have isn't causing any issues.

I scheduled my glucose test for my next OB visit on Feb 10th. I had GD with my first baby, but not my second, so I'm hoping it stays away this time too! She is measuring about 4-8 days ahead on ultrasounds, but DS1 always measured 2-3 weeks ahead and he was huge 😳

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: Glad the kidney issue resolved! I have my next US at the end of Feb to check on little man's kidney issue, so *fx* I get the same news

Now that we're all rounding the corner to the third trimester - how's everyone feeling? I'm definitely feeling pretty big at this point. I can tell baby is pushing into lungs, bladder, stomach, etc. Its getting a bit harder to get a full breath and if I eat a reasonable sized meal I feel just stuffed! My belly is also pretty much constantly contracted any time I'm not laying down, which is weird and kind of uncomfortable. Otherwise I'm feeling much better physically than I did this time with my first DS. I'm attributing that to 1) gaining less weight, 2) a new mattress and 3) a wonderful pregnancy pillow

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: I had LO at 34 weeks. It was completely random and they can't explain why it happened. (That part is probably not comforting! Sorry!) but everything worked out just fine. LO is a big, healthy, 100% caught up 2 year old. Work figured itself out and he didn't really need a nursery until he was a few months old. It really did all work out! Also, the statistics are in your favor that you will have a nice, big, full term baby! That's what I keep telling myself to reassure my worries that crop up

31. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: great news!

@JennyPenny: my ribs feel so squished by the end of the day. I feel good otherwise but if I eat too much my ribs feel like they are splitting apart.

32. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm in the third trimester now at 29 weeks and although I'm moving slightly slower the only thing that's hurting is my rib cage! I feel like my ribs are cracking-I know they're not! I think some muscles may have popped out from under my rib cage though, I have an extra weird bump. Going to ask the midwives Thursday.

We did our hospital tour on Saturday and it was so weird to know within the next 12 weeks we'll be there and Baby W will make his big entrance!

Did anyone not do a birth plan? There are only certain things I want and want control over but other than those (and Hubby being adamant he does not want to catch baby) I'm kind of the "it'll go how it'll go" frame of mind.

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: My birth plan with DS was "aim for natural, but since I've never done this before, an epidural and other meds are okay if needed" and boy did I need them My plan is actually the same this time around. I think it'd be cool to experience a natural birth at some point and since the 2nd time around is supposed to be shorter, maybe it'll be now. But I don't think I'd have had a positive experience the first time without the epi - and I did have a very positive experience - so I'm keeping it as an option

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: As an after thought - realize that the one decision I had to make while in labor (that kind of stressed me out not having thought of before) was whether or not to donate LOs cord blood. I just asked if it changed my care at all and since they said it didn't I chose to donate.

Other decision that had to be made while laboring were:
    1) break your water to speed up labor? sure - it worked but that's when the pain got real
    2) you've asked for an epidural but it'll take the anesthesiologist an hour to get here - do you want this thing that feels like you had 3 margaritas to take the edge off until then? - yes, please!!

35. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

I'm generally feeling good. Today I had to take a break on my bed for a few minutes because I had some painful tightening in my stomach. (Are those BH? I don't think I ever had them that bad with LO1)

@mrsmacSLP: for my last labor, I was very "go with the flow" (mostly due to my personality) didn't write any sort of birth plan, and ended up with a c section that I sometimes debate if it was needed. I really want a vbac so I'm probably going to put together a loose birth plan to communicate to the nurses some of the bigger things I'm hoping for.

36. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

With DD1 and DS my main birth plan was epidural. It worked really well for my mom. With DS it didn't take. It only numbed like from my knees down. I did use the ball with DS like I planned. With this one I am thinking about trying to go without the epidural and just utilizing the shower, walking and birthing ball. Whatever happens will happen though. I'm not too concerned and I'm not adamant on anything.

I'm over here doing a happy dance.
    1. I passed my glucose test
    2. I will be receiving a cloth diaper tomorrow in the mail. I got a decently pricey one for cheap.
    3. Mine and SOs anniversary is 3 days before Valentine's Day so he's getting me all the makeup that I want! Score!!!!! *

*the kids have ruined all my makeup and I've been feeling very huge lately. He knows make up will help me feel a little more myself. Lol

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: I just did the math of how much I'll accrue over the next couple months....the best I'll get is 7.5 weeks paid. It's going to be really hard!

@bubblegum: What kind of checklist are you looking for for your son? How old is he? Who will he be staying with while you're in the hospital?

@yellowbeach: Everything will be ok! I totally worried about this, with both my pregnancies, and everything was fine. For me, it just helped motivate me to get the nursery done sooner.....but even if it didn't get done, you'll have time after the baby gets here!

@lilteacherbee: Yay! So glad the kidney issue is resolved! My GD test is my next appt too....so not looking forward to it. Did you notice a difference in how you felt between your pregnancy with GD vs without it? How big was your DS? I didn't have GD with either of my pregnancies, but all I crave is sweets this time, and I feel huuuuuuge, so it's been on my mind.

@JennyPenny: I feel huge. Lol And between the SPD pain and pregnancy carpal tunnel (somehow I got this every single pregnancy), I just feel achy and tired. The last week or so I've been finding it harder to take deep breaths, and sometimes I feel full for no reason.

@mrsmacSLP: I didn't have any plan, but then again, I had scheduled csections. My plan was "get this baby out". Lol Actually, going in to have DS2, the only thing I had "planned" was that I wanted skin to skin as soon as possible after being born.

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: Did you CD your other 2? We cd-ed DS1, but DS2 (tmi warning) has the worst poops in the world, and I just couldn't do it with him. Not sure if I should sell all our CDs or not now....cause I can't see using disposables on DS2 and cd-ing DD.

39. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: I didn't fully cloth either child. I didn't know about the simplicity of cloth until my daughter was almost potty trained and then I kept having allergic reactions with my son. He was allergic to almost every soap. so he was half disposable and half cloth. Hoping for 100% cloth for this little.

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: DS1 had reactions, but only when wearing the cloth at night. He was a super heavy wetter, so I think it was just too much on his skin. I keep going back and forth about doing it this time. It would save so much money, especially since I have so many already, but it's so much work....especially with another kid in diapers. I want to....I just.....don't know if I can handle it lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee