Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: Looks great! I think the white crib really complements the wall nicely!

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yay, that's great!! I totally see us having the same issue, but DS1 falls asleep in our room at 8pm while DS2 goes straight into the crib at 7:30 (blessing and a curse, I guess haha. One day he'll be able to fall asleep on his own...). So we just move the oldest when he's asleep and they're fine until morning. Is your DS2 still on two naps? I think they're about the same age (mine will be 17 months tomorrow). DS1 took two naps until I basically forced him to drop to one at 20 months. DS2 will nap 1.5-2 hours twice a day, but only an hour if he takes one nap 🙄 So we're just going with two for now, I guess!

@MissLace: Love!! And I totally have that problem, too! I'm 5' so I feel like I have to drop them a little when the crib is lowered.

3. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MapleMoose: My doc basically said that since this is LO #2, my body is stretching out a lot more and a lot faster. Hooray! haha.... I'm glad to know its "normal" if not uncomfortable. I just have to let the anxiety go sometimes.

@ValentineMommy: I'm definitely way worse about eating and drinking water on Saturdays. And of course I'm chasing my toddler much more. I need to take it easier on the weekends but it's hard as a working mama not to go go go on the weekends to catch up on life!

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: looks so great!! I am so behind the 8 ball!

5. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Had the re-evaluation ultrasound for my little wiggle worm. Everything looked great. Couldn't get any good 3D pictures of her face because she was hiding behind her hands. I have lab work for my glucose test and have to complete it before Jan 31st then we start bi-weekly appointments. It is just flying by now!

Here is a profile picture and the only 3D one I got. If you look closely on the right side of the 3D one you can see a little bit of her face hiding behind that hand

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yes! He still desperately needs two naps. He's 17m too! He usually takes 2-hour naps each time, approx. We usually put him in the crib at 7:15 or so to give him time to either calm down or fall asleep, then DS1 goes to bed at 8.

@psw27: It's SO hard to take it easy with little ones running around!

@littleblessings: Hi cutie!

This little girl craves chocolate ALL the time!!! Anyone else's cravings ramping up?? I didn't have much of any with my boys!

7. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

We had another ultrasound today! Baby girl was mid flip and in a weird position, but the tech was able to get the last arm and hand measurements and she also confirmed that she's still a girl for my husband, lol. We also got a better profile pic! Her nose looks completely different from DD1,so I think she got DHs. His family has big noses, lol. This one is definitely a mover and a shaker though, so different from DD1.

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Hey cutie! We have a growth ultrasound next week and I can't wait to see her again!

@ValentineMommy: Haha yes on the chocolate! It's bad!! Sweets are definitely my weakness this time around!

9. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Oh, we also scheduled my glucose test on Jan 31. I'm going to go straight for the 3 hr test since I failed the 1 hr last time. Ugh. But the good news is, it's after a wedding I'm a bridesmaid in. More cake for me.

10. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

I have my glucose test on Friday. I'm dreading the drink-primarily because I heard it's sickening after-not necessarily the taste!

Okay second time a beyond moms: I have gone from a 36B to a 38DDD (possibly larger) bra size and I I'm struggling to fit in my current bras. Should I:
    A) buy nursing bras (any suggestions appreciated?)
    B) buy sport bras

If not nursing bras when?! I'm just at a loss!

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: buy these: https://shopcoobie.com/ You can get the nursing kind or not-nursing kind, your preference. They're stretchy and comfy yet somehow supportive for being 1 size fits many. I went from a 36C to a 38H by the time DS1 was born so I feel your pain. I got the nursing kind of these and it worked well for the end of pregnancy and then throughout my nursing journey.

12. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MissLace: That is a great nursery! Excellent job! Now I'm debating asking my Dad to shorten the crib legs too. Genius!

@ValentineMommy: I'm totally craving sour foods this time.

@littleblessings: @abbydabbydoodlebug: Hi babies!

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: So cute! We have a squirmy little one over here too. She never stops moving!

@lilteacherbee: I've never had much of a sweet tooth, but now it's non-stop! It's crazy!

@mrsmacSLP: @JennyPenny: I second the coobie! Although, unlike you ladies, my 36B's stayed 36B's waaaah Lol!

14. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: thanks ladies! Do you happen to know how sizing works? I've seen mixed reviews but I'm assuming at this point I'd be "full figure" just size wise 😳

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Since I stayed small in the boob department, I don't know how they'd run for women who have actual boobs lol!

16. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@ValentineMommy: count your blessings! My whole center of gravity is off with the belly AND boobs! I've fallen twice each day all week! It is icy out, but now I can't even balance out. My 15 years of ballerina training failed 😂

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I feel like when I ordered last pregnancy their sizing info was more informative, but I looked up my order from last time and I got "full size". They still fit well this pregnancy too even though my boobs haven't become nearly as giant as they did last time. So I think that would be best for you too.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: @ValentineMommy: Seriously. Big boobs sounds great and all but at those sizes its ridiculous. I was insanely happy when DS started on solids and my nursing boobs went back to a normal size. It was like "yay! I can fit in normal clothes again!!!"

19. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA! I took a break from
    pretty much all social media for a bit

We found out this baby is a girl! (I also have a 14mo son)

The first and most of the second tri was super hard with exhaustion. I usually am fine with little sleep but I was going to bed at 8 every night and waking up tired. It was so hard and I didn't feel like "myself" at all. Thankfully, the last week has taken a turn. I've been able to stay up till 10. Progress! My DH and I really value our time together after E is asleep so it's nice to have that back. We've been watching The Crown and OJ Made in America.

20. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

I officially scheduled my c-section! It'll be April 18th. I said to DH I bet the baby comes early just to spite me lol

21. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: So I went from a 30C to right now being a 32G (and I hate it! so heavy!) Everyone recommends the Coobies but I never felt like they could support the gals enough so let me know how they work for you! I've been wanting to order one.

Last pregnancy I went through 2 different sizes/sets of bras and also bought nursing bras. I didn't buy the nursing bras until my milk came in/LO had arrived because things get a little crazy/engorged in the beginning and then the boobs figure out how much milk they need, etc. I wore nursing tanks for the first week or two until they calmed down. I wouldn't buy nursing bras until you know how they will react to your milk coming in.

Regardless, I've spent way too much money on bras because of pregnancy, but I was too uncomfortable to suffer through without support! I've had good luck at Nordstrom if you decide to go the traditional bra route - they carry a lot of larger cup sizes to manage the beasts but the bras are not cheap. Luckily I've gotten a lot of use out of them between this pregnancy and last.

22. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: woohoo! So exciting to have a date, pending cooperation of course

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: YES!! I'm super excited. It would be super helpful if she cooks until then because then I can set up DS before hand.

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Ugh, just got back from my ob appt and got the "talk" about my weight gain. I've already gained 20 pounds, 10 in the last month (!!!)...though I'm not surprised because I gained close to 50 with my boys. Just feeling pretty crappy about it

25. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: eeek so exciting!! I'll probably schedule mine in the next few weeks! Pretty sure it's gonna be sometime between May 3-5.

@ValentineMommy: Ugh! I'm sorry. I kinda feel like your body knows what you need to gain. With my two, I gained more the second time but I ended at the exact same weight as the first because I started lower. I'm trying not to worry about it because, for me, I lose it all within 4-5 months. I did have that talk both times, though (and it was when I gained a lot one month, but it evened out the next).

26. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Awww don't feel bad! Especially if it's normal for you. Cheer up mama!

27. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: Boo. I'm sorry. Try not to think about it! I'm over 200 lbs and my doctor doesn't say anything about my weight. I have this insurance program lady that calls me every month or so and she's always harping on me to find out how much weight I have gained, even though I've told her repeatedly that my doctor doesn't mention it unless it's a problem. But i guess that's not good enough for her. It's annoying.

28. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Whoot whoot! May is a good month too! I can't believe it's already that time for us. It's going by too fast!

29. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: I just ordered a two pack off amazon with a gift card I had. Hoping they work out! I'll let you know psw27!

I have glucose testing (1-hour no fasting) in an hour. I'm dreading the drink-it's been in my 20 degree car all day hoping that helps out!

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: ugh. I'm sorry. Don't beat yourself up. I'm up quite a bit too but I try not to think about it! Especially since you've done this before so you know how your body handles pregnancy!

@mrsmacSLP: ugh good luck! I have mine at my next appointment and I'm dreading it... but freezing cold temps will help!! When it got warm last time it made me gag so drink it as cold as possible. Wild Friday night you are having!! hahaha

31. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@psw27: haha well bedtime is 9pm 😂 And it's cold out so I don't spend much time bar hopping!

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I was definitely asleep by 9 pm! Nothing wild going on here 😋

33. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

The glucose drink wasn't that bad! I had the lemon lime and it tasted like a melted otter pop. The jitters after we're tough and little man flipped like crazy! I'll have results Monday afternoon. Until then I'm painting trim for the whole house!

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Glad the test wasn't too bad! I've had the orange before (which wasn't bad) and the fruit punch (which I hated). Hoping they have the orange again this time! I go next month for mine though, so I have awhile.

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I'm glad it wasn't so bad!

As for me, I'm dreading the glucose test. I don't drink soda or sugared drinks at all so it just feels so gross to me. And last time I had the jitters for a while followed by a major sugar crash. Oh well, has to be done I guess...

36. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@justjules: Congratulations! I'm glad your fatigue is lessening. I had it so bad with my daughters too.

@bubblegum: I'm slightly jealous that you have a set date you know baby will be here by!

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Glad it wasn't too bad! Hope you passed!

I had GD with my first, but not my second, so I'm a little nervous. I think I'll schedule mine for my next appointment after the one I have Friday. Overall, I wasn't happy about the diagnosis when it happened, but it wasn't so bad once I got used to it. However, I'm seriously craving sugar with this pregnancy, so I'm reallyyyyy hoping I don't have it again!

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: Aww if it makes your feel any better my son was over a week late lol

39. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: I know how that feels. My first was almost 2 weeks late before they induced. I was swollen and contracting and miserable but she wouldn't budge! My second came a few days early in a crazy fast birth so I'm a bit worried what's in store for #3!

40. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Oh man!! TWO WEEKS!! You're a trooper. I can imagine how much of a pain that was. Maybe number 3 will be the one to come super early but super healthy! We all want healthy babies even if we have to wait!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee