Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: So far still no gain! I have no idea what's going on but I'm not complaining. I gained 50 pounds with DS so I'm happy to have not gained weight. But let's see after this holiday feasting I've been doing.

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: I straight up don't keep track of it. I tell my doctor not to tell me a number, and to just let me know if I'm on-track or gaining the appropriate amount. I gained 50 with my first son (lost it all but 5), and 40 (lost it all but another 5) with my second, so I'm expecting around the same. After I give birth, I try not to look for a month pp either. It's just not good for my psyche to worry or think about it, unless there is a problem or need to.

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: I started using a site called TrendWeight for my weight loss goals the first half of 2016, so I just keep checking that now. It hooks up to the data from my Aria WIFI scale but then generates a trend line so you can see the trend even if your weight varies a pound or two each day. According to mine, I'm up 14 lbs, and am on track for a 30 lb weight gain. That's definitely better than the 40 lbs I gained with DS, plus I'm starting out 5 lbs lighter than my prepregnancy weight with him.

4. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm up about 14lbs at 21 weeks. I ended at the same weight with both DS1 and DS2, but started 10lbs lighter with DS2 (gained 25 with my first and 35 with my second). I think I'll probably end up around the same weight again this time. I try not to think too much about it because I always end up losing most of it by 3-4 months pp.

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Had an easy peasy appt today. Nothing interesting though I did get an Rx for antibiotics to try and kick this sinus infection. *fingers crossed* it works. Also scheduled my glucose test. Can't believe it's already that time!!

6. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: I just write it down in a notebook at work when I think to. Mostly just trying to remember here and there but I'm not worried about it. I'm was pretty small when I got pregnant (120ish) and I've gained about 20 pounds but I always gain a lot in the beginning because my chest gets massive. Last time I stopped gaining so MFM wants me to watch it this time. We shall see where I'm at when I go back on the 4th!

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I also have a sinus infection right now - it's freaking awful!!!! How long have you been dealing with it? Have you found anything that gives you relief?

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Is anyone into prenatal yoga at all? Since I've popped, I really feel less mobile as my center of gravity has shifted. I think I could benefit from some good stretching to regain some flexibility. I'm hoping to find something available on Netflix/Hulu/AmazonePrime/iTunes that I could do at home.

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I got mine two days before Christmas. The neti pot seemed to be the best relief but still barely touched it. The antibiotics seem to be helping a lot though.

@yellowbeach: I love prenatal yoga. I took some formal classes when I was pregnant with DS and they helped a ton. I haven't signed up for any in-person classes this time around, but have continued doing my regular yoga at work (we're crazy lucky and have an on-site fitness center) but I have to make a lot of modifications since its not prenatal specifically. I've yet to find any DVDs or anything I love so I'd be happy to know if you find any you like!

10. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

hey ladies. I'm getting anxious about names. We're having a boy this time around and boy names are SO much harder for us. We have a daughter named Sienna Rosalie and we're looking for a boy name that sounds good with Sienna. we DO have 1 name in mind (Grant) which is what Sienna would have been named if she were a boy, but even when she was born we weren't in love with it, it was just the only name we both liked enough to agree on.

Do you guys have any thoughts on boy names that would "go"? For what its worth i'm 100% portuguese, but my husband is Irish, therefore my married last name is Murphy so i don't want anything super irish.

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: I have no ideas, just commiseration. We were so sure with DS's name, we never had any 2nd choices. And now nothing is feels as right as it did with DS. We have plenty of girl names, but none for boys.

12. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Ladies! We had our follow up ultrasound and only came out with good news!
    1: Baby Boy is now in the 24th percentile (last ultrasound revealed less than 10th). He's small but the doctor said as long as he stays out of the 10th we're golden.
    2: the umbilical cord moved from 3.4 to 3.9mm away from the opening of my cervix so he isn't putting AS much pressure on it causing him to lose nutrients. This also means we're set for a vaginal delivery-as long as it doesn't move again. We have one more ultrasound at 32 weeks.
    3: I still have a bi-lobed, or what I refer to as a double placenta, but this just means we have to double check everything comes out after babe.

Whew, were releived and now finishing the nursery! We've picked his name, he'll be baby W unless the name Completely doesn't fit when he comes.

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: yay!! So glad you got news. I hope everything continues to go smoothly!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: so glad you got good news!! @yellowbeach: I'm still going to my regular yoga classes but modifying as need be. I definitely feel like stretching helps! I get really bad rib pain if I sit for too long.

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Yay, that's great news!! So happy for you!

16. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Congratulations! What great news to start off 2017 right!

Happy New Year ladies! This is the year we meet our babies!

17. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MissLace: I know what you mean! We are having so much trouble with a boy name too.

@yellowbeach: Let me know if you find a good prenatal yoga video. I have a gift certificate for yoga classes at my local studio but I'm not sure if I can handle it yet until this sciatic nerve pain stops. It'd be great to attempt a few videos at home first to see if I can bear the pain.

@JennyPenny: How are you feeling with the antibiotics?

18. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Happy new year mamas to be!

How is everyone feeling? I had a lot of cramping/Braxton Hicks last night - does anyone else feel like they get them one day a week? This happened last Saturday night too! It's like that is the day the baby grows that day and things are stretching. I never know if I should call the doctor or just drink water and see how it goes. Ah! Anxiety!

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: Much, much better, thanks! Just in time for work tomorrow

@psw27: I'm getting them every day after dinner. I asked my OB and she said "totally normal, especially since this is your second pregnancy." I guess a lot of things just happen earlier this time around.

Happy new year everyone! Anyone got any resolutions? I'm going to bump up my healthy efforts once I've finally kicked these illnesses. I have a goal of being back to pre-pregnancy weight by the end of the year which I think should be quite doable. Otherwise, just need to stop being lazy and get a move on prepping for this LO!!

20. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@MapleMoose: Happy New Year! I had a lot of the sciatic nerve pain with my first. Yoga really helped

@psw27: Happy New Year! I haven't been having that many Braxton Hicks lately but I have been having hot flashes and dizzy spells due to my equilibrium being off.

@JennyPenny: my resolution is to prep for this LO and write the correct year on papers that I have to date. Last week pregnancy brain got to me and I dated something 2015.

Anybody else have cervix happy babies? This baby beats the crud out of my cervix daily.

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: yes! Baby loves hanging out down there with some very uncomfortable kicks...

22. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: the cervix is pretty much the only place she punches/kicks. SO was home for the weekend and he wanted to feel her kick. Needless to say I think he felt her butt or head move around my belly button but no real kicks or punches.

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I ended up at my doctor 's urgent care today and basically got the same answer. It was reassuring though to know my cervix is closed and some swab test with a long name came back negative. I had LO so early I'm paranoid this time!

@littleblessings: oof. I've had a few of those moments too! I threw up the other morning (ugh) and saw stars!

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 27w1d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 26w5d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 26w3d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 26w0d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 25w4d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 25w4d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 25w2d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 25w0d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 24w6d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 24w5d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 24w3d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 24w2d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 24w0d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 23w6d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 23w5d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 23w5d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 23w4d
    April 28: justjules (#2) - 23w3d
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 21w5d

: 7 : 6 : 1

Looks like we've got our first entry into the 3rd trimester @mrsmacSLP!!! Can't believe how fast this is going!

25. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@psw27: I get lots of painful BH and cramps with all my pregnancies. I usually have to sit because I've been running around or deep cleaning or something to trigger them. So annoying but my OB told me it's very common, especially with 2+ pregnancies.

@JennyPenny: Glad to hear it! Being sick while pregnant is so tough. My resolution is to be a clutter buster this year. Which is mostly bugging my husband to get organized and throw out or donate his unused stuff. He holds on to everything. Clutter drives me absolutely nuts. I have to go through my closet and donate the items I just don't wear. That's my goal this week. Next week I'll tackle my crafting space in the office. I just don't have time for crafts/scrapbooking these days so I want to store it away for now. We are converting our home office to the kids playroom and moving our office to another (smaller) room so I have good motivation to get my stuff organized and into storage.

@littleblessings: Good to know, thanks! I think I'll follow a session on YouTube at home and see how I feel. Any recommendations?

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: I bookmarked this though I haven't actually tried any yet: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/any-good-pre-natal-yoga-youtube-videos-to-follow#post-2513637

27. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: Yikes! I still can't believe we're this far already!

28. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you!!

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: I have a DVD from a previous pregnancy, but I haven't done it this time yet. I really need to start though. Like you, I feel like I've really popped in the past few weeks and it's becoming uncomfortable.

@JennyPenny: How are you feeling now? I didn't take the antibiotics and just rode it out. My nose isn't as runny anymore, thankfully, but now I have a little bit of a cough. Blech! I have all sorts of resolutions, but the main one is to get my body back and healthy after I have the baby. We are probably done with kids after this third one, so I want to regain control of myself!

@MissLace: No particular ideas, but I can totally commiserate. Picking boy names was hard for us too, the first two times around!

@mrsmacSLP: Yay, that's great news!!!!!

@psw27: If you're getting them on Saturdays.....are you doing a lot of stuff that you don't normally on other days? Cleaning? Errands? Etc? Drinking enough water?

We put together the crib, and I started on painting the nursery last night! (I'll post a pic in the nursery thread). DS1 moved into DS2's room as well, and it went better than expected. I'm so excited to get this moving!

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@ValentineMommy: what's the nursery thread?

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: There's a thread of nursery stuff in the April board! Here's a link:

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/april-2017-nurseries#post-2673098

32. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

I just painted an accent wall with mountains where the crib is going to go. I must say it came out better than I thought it would! 👍

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MissLace: Looks amazing!!!!

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I still have a headache, slight runny nose and slight cough but nothing that's keeping me down during the day anymore. If your cough is productive I think that's a good sign that your body is clearing stuff out.

@MissLace: @ValentineMommy: You guys make me feel like such a slacker. I swear I will start working one stuff once I'm healthy again...if that ever happens...

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh yea - it's a super gooey cough lol! Don't feel like a slacker - if you look over at the nursery thread, you'll know why I wanted/had to start now! I have a lot of taping/painting/stenciling to do before I get REALLY big and uncomfortable!

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MissLace: IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! So jelly of how far ahead of the game you are! lol you go girl

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: That looks awesome!!

@ValentineMommy: How are the boys doing since they moved in together?!

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: The first night was ROUGH. DS2 wouldn't go down and kept screaming, and DS1 was getting frustrated and yelling as DS2 (which clearly wasn't helping). Night 2 was better, no crying/screaming, but DS2 was giggling and trying to engage DS1. Night 3 was fine and we haven't had issues since!!! Fingers crossed! The only downside, which we anticipated, was that whoever wakes up first will wake the other. So, DS2 is getting up earlier than usual. But, we've just bumped his morning nap up, and it's worked out! Thanks for asking, I was really nervous about it!

39. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

And because I'm working from home today, I also just built the crib myself and threw in the mattress and crib skirt for good measure!

Side note - I had my dad saw off 3 inches of the crib legs so now I can actually reach over it at the lowest setting. Genius idea for short people (I'm only 5'1" and it's an issue with my current daughters crib, I basically have to drop her the last few inches because I can't reach haha) 😂

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MissLace: Gorgeous!!!!! Oddly, I have trouble reaching over DS2's crib now that it's on the lowest setting - and I'm 5'9"!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee