Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

We had a busy weekend working on the house. Busy was good. I felt very tired and a little nauseated Saturday - definitely felt "pregnant." Then I started spotting last night. Still just spotting this morning, but ugghhhhh...I'm pessimistic about our odds, but still hopeful? IDK what to think, but the idea of waiting 10 more days to know more is brutal

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@BUNBUN: Ugh, I'm so sorry. I spent some time last week googling what could even be seen on an US to decide if I wanted to figure out a way I could get an earlier US and everything I read suggested that there could be nothing and it wouldn't mean anything was wrong, but then I'd have to wait 2 weeks for more info anyway. I know you were at the end of the range when that could be expected so there is still some hope. And I think symptoms are a good sign! I just hope you get some answers soon. The waiting is the worst

3. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@JennyPenny: thank you. Even that confirmation that it was within the range of "early" is helpful to hear

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BUNBUN: I'd be inclined to call the doctor and see if they can scan you this week, that wait would drive me crazy!

I've also been nauseated for at least a week now. If I'm sleeping or actively eating, I'm fine. Pretty much the rest of the time I feel slightly sick to my stomach. I didn't have this last time, and I am NOT enjoying it lol

@JennyPenny: My face was broken out my entire first pregnancy! It really is annoying. Within like a week of having DD, my face cleared up!

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

6 weeks today and symptoms hit in full force. The nausea and fatigue are ridiculous. I'm supposed to take DS1 to mommy and me yoga after work and I think it's gonna be rough...

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: sorry momma. I'm right there with you, I feel like I can barely make it through the work day, let alone do anything else.😐🤢

7. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Has anyone switched OBs between babies? I did between my first two and am considering doing so again. I guess I just find things I don’t love about them and it inspires me to find someone I like more. But maybe that’s silly and I should stick to someone who knows me.

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: No, I haven't switched. I've been pretty happy with their care. But if you have a lot of options in your area I think it makes sense to explore to see if you might be happier elsewhere.

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I'll be seeing a brand new (to me) OBGYN this time....out of necessity though. My old OB closed his practice and the new doc I saw last year....well, I didn't jive with him so I did some research and I'm hoping I like the new doc. Although, I just got my confirmation recording for my appointment on Friday and I'm scheduled to see the NP, which I was unaware of when I made the appointment . I get it, they have you see the NP the first appointment and then at some point I guess I'll get to meet her, but I'd rather know early on if I need to look somewhere else or not!

In case I haven't shared this story before, I had quite the roller coaster of doctors in my first pregnancy. I called the office I'd been going to for 6/7 years at that point to make my 1st appointment and found out that my doctor wasn't delivering babies anymore. So, they switched me to the other doctors care. I saw him until 28ish weeks (completed my glucose testing with him) and he decided to stop delivering babies too. So, I went to the doc he recommended. At that point I was like whatever, but I ended up liking that doctor and his small practice. It was very friendly/family like. THEN. I went into labor and he was out of town volunteering at another hospital a few hours away. So I delivered (by non planned C-section) with the on call doctor whom I'd never met before. Everything worked out, but, damn! lol

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Wow, that's crazy! Hopefully you don't have to go through anything similar this time.

I use a practice of about 6 doctors so I rotate throughout them for my prenatal care and then could deliver with any of them. Luckily with my first I had my specific OB/GYN (who is also my favorite) and then I had a scheduled C-section for my 2nd so I was able to schedule with her too I'd love to have her again this time around

11. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: nice. Yeah, I'm planning on scheduling a repeat c section this time (unless Dr convinces me otherwise, but most likely) so hopefully everything will go as planned. And she seems a little younger and the feel of her website is very baby focused, so I think I'll be ok lol My fist obgyn office went in the direction of, like, vaginal reconstruction, skin care, stuff like that 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: hmm...interesting. Certainly less stressful than delivering babies I’m sure. I haven’t decided between repeat C or VBAC. I’m torn between the convenience of being able to pick a date (and guarantee it’s different from DS2’s birthday) and wanting to avoid another surgery since we’re not sure this will be our last.

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: totally understand. I've thought about asking for an induction. But this is our last (cause we're old lol) and I may ask for her to tie my tubes. 🤷‍♀️I don't know I'm all over the place I guess lol

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Interesting. Do you know if your doctor will induce after a previous C-section? I don't know the policy at my practice, but I feel like I've heard mostly that they don't. I'd also love to be able to have this baby like 2-3 weeks early to be really far away from DS2's birthday but I'm pretty sure that's going to be a 'no' for scheduling anything. So my best bet is early labor

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Um, no I don't actually know the answer to that lol maybe it would depend on the reasoning for the previous C-section? Mine was due to DD heart rate dropping and taking a long time to recover. She was all wrapped up in her cord. That's why I'm strongly leaning toward a repeat C-section. I was so exhausted from laboring for so long that I didn't really understand how scary it was until after the fact.

16. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@BUNBUN: have you tried to see if maybe they can get you in sooner to check on baby?

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Ugh, yeah that's super scary. My C-section was because DS2 was breech so it was pretty uneventful and obviously something we could know in advance if it happened again. I think the rules are because there's a slight increase in uterine ruptures when vbac labors are induced medically, but there may be evidence they're less likely to be successful too - I'm not sure.

18. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Hello ladies. Sad update from me. It was indeed a miscarriage. I just had it confirmed this afternoon, but the process over the last few days was unmistakable.
    I'm grateful that is was fast and relatively painless and that I had no complications.

I wish you all happy, healthy, uneventful pregnancies and deliveries. I don't know how much checking in I will do, but thank you so very much for your support! It's been a comfort to be part of such a supportive group.

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@BUNBUN: oh, I’m so sorry I’m grateful that at least it took care of itself relatively quickly and without complications or intervention. I wish you a quick and sticky pregnancy if that’s what you plan to pursue

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BUNBUN: I am so sorry for your loss 🙁💚

21. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@BUNBUN: I’m so sorry

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Hi everyone, how was your long weekend? Ours was pretty uneventful except that DH told his parents we were pregnant. He didn't ask me in advance and I wasn't there when he did it which had me kind of frustrated. They were very supportive during the TFMR (and every aspect of our lives) so I don't mind them knowing. I just wish we had been on the same page about it...

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: sorry hun. That's annoying.

My weekend was good overall. I had my dr appointment on Friday, which was super uneventful. No u/s yet I'll go on 9/18 for a "size & date" scan, I should be around 10 weeks then. They did a pap and urine test, and then basically told me about all the extra monitoring I get since I'm AMA. I'll also be seeing an MFM a few times (or more, depending on how things go obvi). Towards the end I'll have extra monitoring and u/s to make sure all is on track.

We ended up announcing to our friends & extended families (I think DH would've burst if I said no lol He's not great at keeping secrets...) I still haven't told work yet though. For some reason I am super nervous about that this time! I think mostly its because there is another girl here who is due in January, so our leaves will be close to each other and our jobs kind of overlap in some ways. I'm mostly nervous to tell one lady who's job will be mostly impacted by both our mat leaves. Once I get the nerve to tell her, everyone else will be a breeze LOL I also feel bad because I know she wants to retire soon, and this is just going to stress her out even more. But, I don't think she's retiring next year, so it'll all be fine.

OMG sorry for the novel!

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: oh man, that’s so long to wait. I should have an ultrasound at my 8 week appointment on 9/11 and that still feels like forever. I hear you about worrying about maternity leave timing and stress for other coworkers, but I feel like it always works out. My work BFF and I have similar roles and she’s had 2 maternity leaves at literally the worst possible time, but it all turned out fine. Though I am soooooo excited for her to be back at the end of this month.

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Oh, and a funny story from today. I found out my coworker’s two kids share the same birthday. I wanted to ask so many questions since I’ve got the same due date as with DS2 but I guess it’ll have to wait...

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I got it over with and told my coworkers. The one I was worried about is really happy for me and took it well lol so, it's all good

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Ah, that's great. And it's so nice to be able to stop hiding. I've noticed my bloat is starting to look suspicious but I don't think there's anything I can do about it at this point...

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: oh yeah, my bloat is noticeable too, at least to me it is lol. The scale hasn't moved yet though, so that's good. We'll see how weigh in is this week though because I feel more and more bloated everyday!

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

DH scheduled a massage for me for my birthday today (birthday was last week) but when I went they turned me away for being in the 1st trimester I had called in advance to check and they told me it was fine. Oh well, rescheduled for 2nd trimester now...

30. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: oh that sucks 😕 at least you can go back in a few weeks though!

31. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Has anyone else had ultrasounds yet? Anyone having an NIPT? My blood draw is Tuesday (at 10 weeks exactly) and I’ll have the results within a week.

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: My first U/S is 9/18, I'll be 10 weeks (ish...according to the doc I'll be 10 weeks but according to my calcs I'll be just shy of 10 weeks). I have an appointment on Wednesday this week with the MFM so I'm hoping they'll schedule my NIPT. When I discussed with my primary OBGYN they said that the testing will go through the MFM, so, fingers crossed. I'm anxious to get that testing going!

Good luck, I'm sure everything will turn out great! And, its good to hear from you I hope you're doing ok.

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: My first US will be this Wednesday and I am so full of nerves about it. I'll be doing the NIPT as soon as they'll let me, which they've said is 10.5 weeks. Since we terminated our last pregnancy because of T21 and other defects that were a result of that I'm super super nervous about that.

34. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I've already had two scans .. but I'm 41 and also went through an RE. So, there's just more monitoring. It's nice but also makes me nervous.

35. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyPenny: Did you find out about T21 through NIPT last time? How old are you, if you don't mind me asking. I'm 41, so my risk is very high in general. Do you know which NIPT you'll be having?

36. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: And, thank you... I'm doing better. Still a struggle every day, but not nearly as bad as it was.

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: No, we saw all the defects first at the NT scan and did a CVS because they told me that set of defects was most likely due to a chromosomal abnormality. I just turned 33, was 32 at the time and my insurance didn't cover NIPT since I wasn't high risk then. I will be now though. I'm not sure which version of the test they do though, since it'll be new to me.

38. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: glad to hear things are a little better for you. I'll have extra monitoring too, but from what I can tell, most of it will be toward the end. Weekly U/S the last few weeks. (I'm 36, will be 37 at EDD).

@JennyPenny: I'm sorry about your TFMR, that must've been tough. And I understand your nervousness I also don't know anything about the different type of tests??? I'll take whatever they offer though!

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

First appointment went well! 1 baby with a heatbeat and measuring exactly the right size. I’m so relieved. Especially because our tfmr pregnancy was measuring 4 days ahead at this point even though I was 100% sure of my dates. The NT scan revealed large pockets of fluid between the bones and skin which made him measure quite large and so if this one measures any larger than it ought to have I’d be full of anxiety.

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: that's wonderful news!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee