Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I had my NIPT draw this morning. Hopefully I'll have (good) results in 7-10 days! I'm feeling super nervous though because they said they'd email with good results and call with bad. It just makes me feel like I'll be tethered to my phone and panicked every time it rings. I get a ton of spam calls from my zip code so there could be a lot of false terrifying moments in my future

2. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

I'm late to this but....

EDD: 04/27/20
    How far along: 10w 1d
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: 09/16, next is 10/17
    Any symptoms so far? Terrible daily, all day nausea
    Who have you told? My parents and DH's parents and step parents. (And my dad has since told every living, breathing human being)

I'm excited to be here and get to know you all ♡

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Congratulations and welcome! It’s so exciting that this is your first! Is it the first grandchild for any of your parents?

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@mrschickpea: @GalaxyMoth: Yay, welcome ladies! We're up to five April mommies now!!

@JennyPenny: I'll send you positive and calming thoughts until you receive your GOOD results!!

I just scheduled my "level 2 Anatomy Scan" for 11/18. So, that should be a nice long ultrasound. Of course, once I got off the phone with scheduling, I thought maybe I should've made the appointment for the end of the day instead of the beginning (8 am). I'll speak to dh tonight and see what his thoughts are (I'm questioning the time because I assume he'll want to be there, and 8 am on Monday morning may be tough for him, so, we'll see).

5. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you! And yeah, their first grandchild but only for like 5 minutes. My sister in law is due about a week after me 😂

@JennyLaneAZ: thank you! And wow, that sounds like it's a really cool ultrasound to have done. (But to be fair, all other ultrasounds have sounded much cooler than the one I've already had )

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: haha, well that’s fun! Cousins close in age will be awesome. Do you live close to one another?

7. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyPenny: We do, but only for now which is kind of a bummer. A small chunk of my family is moving to Idaho and we're fairly set on following. It will be fun for them to come and visit in different seasons though, since we don't really get any real seasons here in SoCal

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Wow, going from SoCal to Idaho sounds like a pretty big shift. Do you have a plan for when that'll be relative to baby's arrival?

9. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyPenny: My husband finishes school in December and we plan to go sometime fairly early in the new year. I'm nervous about switching states and providers, but I'm sure itll work out just fine

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: I think that'll be great timing for the move though. It should hopefully give you enough time to get settled in your new home and ready for baby's arrival. My goal for moving my 2 kids rooms around to make room for baby have me hopefully finishing up early next year too.

11. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

10 week appointment went well! Little gummy bear was facing down just like my first child was at 10 weeks lol. HB was 175 and squirming around

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@mrschickpea: aww hi gummy bear!

13. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyPenny: have you gotten your NIPT results yet?

14. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: did you get your NIPT result?

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: not yet! I’m hoping to get results early next week. I’ve been a hot mess the past few days as the time gets closer so I really hope I don’t have to wait too much longer 😬

16. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: yes ma'am! Genetically healthy baby girl on the way!

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

All clear for chromosomal abnormalities! I'm so excited, relieved, every emotion really. My heart is beating so fast still. I haven't clicked through to find out sex yet because I'll wait until DH and I are together tonight to do that. But this huge anxiety has been lifted.

18. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Such wonderful news!!!! Congratulations

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Looks like April 2020 is an excellent time to be having a !!!

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: yay, congratulations!!!

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Thanks! I'll probably have lots of girl questions for you and @CatchAFallingStar since I've been deep in boy mom world so far!

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I thought I'd get this started so we can keep better track. Let me know if I got anything wrong!

April 2020 Mamas

April 7: CatchAFallingStar (#3 ) - 14w1d
    April 17: JennyLayneAZ (#2 ) - 12w5d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#3 ) - 12w1d
    April 27: GalaxyMoth (#1) - 11w2d
    April 29: mrschickpea (#2) - 11w0d

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: thanks for the list, I was thinking about doing that today too! My due date is 4/15 now, I guess I never updated that here. Ask all the girl questions you want! I'd be doing the same to you if DD2 were a boy lol

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I submitted my application for daycare today! And DH and I started making plans for the bedroom shuffle of our two boys so we can set the nursery up for our new little girl. We've pretty much held off on actually doing anything the prepare until we had these results so it feels nice to finally get going. We also told DS he's getting a baby sister and he is over the moon about it

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: aww cute about your DS!

We haven't done anything to prepare for this one yet either. I have no idea when we will. I'd like to at least discuss names and get that settled...then I'll feel better. The only other things I feel any sort of pressure about are getting a new infant car seat and something for the baby to sleep in in our room. With DD1, she slept in a rock n play, and well, that's not going to work now after the recalls. Plus, we got rid of most everything baby related. So we'll need a new high chair, swing, stroller...we have the crib and will buy dd some sort of new bed, and then we'll need new bedroom furniture - dresser, monitor, etc. I guess I could get new batteries for the monitor we have already lol that would be a lot cheaper, huh?

sorry, that turned into a novel!!!

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: wow, that's a lot of things you need still! My DS2 is still in our "nursery" in the crib so'll just be moving him out. But we'll need some big boy furniture so probably some bunk beds, shelves, closet organization. And then for baby we'll need girl clothes (eee!) and just some replacements on things that have gotten worn out with time.

27. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: yeah. It didn't seem that bad until I wrote it all out lol I am set on clothes though! I didn't get rid of any of DD1's clothes or shoes (I'm starting to get rid of shoes now that she's active and wears them out, but the first year or two the shoes are fine). I have to check if I got rid of the bottles, I don't remember honestly. So, yeah.

28. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

Blood drawn for NIPT last Wednesday! We waited until birth last time to find out gender but are going to find out this time figured we'd try it both ways!

29. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@mrschickpea: yay!! I don't know how anyone can wait till birth, I am not patient enough for that lol

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrschickpea: fun! I found out at the anatomy scan with my 2 boys and now I feel so weird knowing the sex this early. I have 6 months to plan and buy clothes!! I can only imagine how different it'll feel for you. Hoping you get good results quickly

I've decided I need to come out to work this week. I'm definitely showing at this point and a lot of my clothes are getting uncomfortable. I'd like to just be okay with a visible bump. I feel like I need to tell my director before I tell the rest of my team though and she can be hard to get a hold of. Hopefully I can fill her in soon

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I feel weird knowing its a girl so early this time too lol everyone keeps asking me what we're naming her, I'm like, you guys, I'm 13 weeks! I don't know yet! lol Good luck telling work! I told pretty early (around 8 weeks I think) because DH wanted to tell the world (aka facebook) and I have work friends on there, so, I just told everyone as I saw them.

32. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: haha, whereas I've had a girl name picked out since DS1 but now all the sudden DH is wanting to take some time and think about it. So I guess we can't say for sure we have a name. But I don't plan on sharing regardless

And I did manage to catch my director before lunch. She was excited, and also seemed excited that I'm having a girl this time. It was a little weird because in my previous pregnancies my director was also a close personal friend so it felt very different to tell him. Now I just have to figure out how to tell the rest of the team - about 20 or so people.

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: we discussed names when we stated trying, but didn't settle on anything...and it feels different now knowing that it's a girl and a reality lol

Yeah...i work in a small office, only 16 people in the office, so it was easy to just tell everyone as the day went on lol the supers and what not found out later, and my co-workers in Las Vegas found out later too, but I wasn't as concerned with telling them.

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I think one of the things I have always struggled with is a casual "by the way I'm pregnant" I don't know why, but it feels so odd to go from keeping it a secret to casually letting it out there vs having more of an announcement. I almost wish someone would just say "hey, looking fat there...."

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

According to my app I'm now in the 2nd trimester, and it definitely feels like it. Starting to get my energy back and there's a definite bump starting to show. I've started casually looking at baby girl clothes so now I get ads EVERYWHERE and it's fun but overwhelming!

How's everyone else doing?

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I am definitely in the second tri now too, all my apps agree LOL Some of them said week 13 was the start of the 2nd tri, and now they all agree at 14 weeks I'm solidly in the 2nd. My m/s is gone. I'm starving pretty much all the time. The bump is still small in the morning and larger at night, so, I still feel like I just look fat lol oh well, it'll be here soon enough! I'll post my 14 week pic in a minute.
    ETA my pic

37. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

All these girl results are starting to look like a trend haha! I'm having my NIPT draw tomorrow morning. I should have done it already but DH and I had to figure out what would be the most bang for our buck since my insurance decided they couldn't care less about anything other than money 🙃 But now that we've decided and had appointment #2 to talk to the OB about it, I couldnt be more excited to get the results! I wonder if I'll join the ranks of baby girls or turn the tide with a little boy! I'm really happy to hear that some of the ickier symptoms are going away for you guys as well! Fingers crossed that starts to happen for me soon as well, I'm tired of throwing up a few times a day every day

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: looking good! I don’t see an obvious baby bump, but I guess since you’re out anyway it wouldn’t matter.

Here’s mine. DH isn’t ready to tell work yet (we work together) so I’m still trying to hide. Hopefully I don’t have to much longer. We plan on telling siblings this weekend, so hopefully we can do everyone else after that

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: It'll be so fun if you join the girl club! I don't think I've ever seen a month group that's all one sex before. I hope you get your results quickly and some relief from symptoms too!

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: you're looking great too! Yeah, I don't think I look pregnant, I think I look chubby lol

@GalaxyMoth: Good luck with your draw! I got my EOB for my NIPT and I about freaking died. I had received a letter from my insurance that I apparently didn't read very well, stating they'd cover the test. However, what I didn't read/understand (apparently) is that the test was out of network So, I get my EOB, find out the test was $7500, insurance covered $3375 and I may owe $4125. So, now I'm waiting to see what they're going to charge me. There isn't anything I can do about it now until I have the bill. From what I've found online (hopefully the info I've found is accurate ) it doesn't look like they'll bill me the actual balance. But, I have no idea and I can't undo the test. I'm actually really upset about it and wish I'd opted for the NT scan and waited for the Anatomy scan to find out the sex.

I agree with @JennyPenny: though, an all girl birth month would be fun! The April 2016 board was heavily boy. I can think of mine and one other baby girl off the top of my head, but I think the rest were boys!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee