Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: oh my gosh. I would panic if I were in your shoes! I hope things work out without the hefty bill! Which company did your NIPT? Natera is doing mine and they made it extremely clear that they have both a cash price that works with the insurance and a cash price if insurance declines and neither are above $450. Hopefully yours has something similar and the full bill just seems scary until they adjust it 🤞
    An all girl month would be pretty adorable! I'm happy either way, but I'm definitely curious to see which family members' guess turns out to be correct

2. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Progenity. When I read on their website, they even say don't panic when you see your EOB, they'll resubmit with the insurance and send a final bill after haggling with them (basically lol). Most patients out of pocket is $189 or something like that. I can handle that. Hell, I can handle a grand, but 4 grand is more than I'll pay for delivery, so I think its absolutely ridiculous!

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Has anyone started building a registry yet? I did today, mostly to keep track of cute girl clothes that I've found (eeek) and remember all the stuff I need to replace and get more of this time around. Looking at all the stuff a newborn needs again feels so surreal though.

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I started on one yesterday. I don't think I'll have a baby shower this time, but I'd like the completion discount lol and really, its a good way for me to "shop" and make a list without shopping all at once....and the registry guides are helpful to remember what all I need!

5. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyPenny: I haven't yet, but mostly because I'm lost on the best place to register now that there's no Babies R Us. I suppose also now that I've done the NIPT draw, I might as well hold out on starting until we find out the gender anyway

Do you all have any suggestions for registries? I don't exactly want to register with an online only retailer like Amazon (but I'm open to doing so if that's the best bet) and I feel like the Targets in my area have a limited in store selection of baby stuff and that's made slimmer because stock has definitely been well picked over

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I didn't have a shower for my 2nd either but it was so nice to have a list all in one place and then once I qualified for the completion discount to just buy it all at once in one big order.

@GalaxyMoth: With my first I did Buy Buy Baby and Amazon. If I had to do it again, I'd add Target too. I would check every item I wanted to see where it was cheaper and it'd often be cheaper at Target than Amazon, and Buy Buy Baby has the 20% off coupons all the time which can bring stuff there way down. Do you have a Buy Buy Baby in your area?

7. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyPenny: I do have a couple locally! None where we plan on moving to though I'm so glad you mentioned the 20% off coupons! My mom and I went and looked around the closest location and I felt like a lot of their items were way overpriced. Is it just maternity/baby related stuff? Like, you need it, we have it, so we're going to charge more? Haha! I saw little cardigan at a Destination Maternity store in the mall that was over $100 and the sticker shock hit me like a brick wall!

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Lol! I do think BBB and Babies R' Us were both super guilty of upcharging their products because of the sales and coupons they offer. Very similar to Kohls and Bed Bath and Beyond. And maternity clothing retailers are also super $$$ from what I've seen. Most of my maternity clothes have come from Target and Old Navy. After multiple pregnancies, they're starting to show some wear, but I think for the money, and amount of time you'll be in them, they're great.

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: @JennyPenny: I always forget about Buy Buy Baby! I don't think I've ever purchased anything from there lol My registry is Target, but I might make one on Amazon too. Last time I made a registry on Baby List, which I loved, but...no one used it lol and since it was on baby list instead of each individual store, there were no completion discounts (that I remember anyway).

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: There's a BBB real close to our house so with our first that's where all our last minute gear purchases were made. It was quite convenient. I made a Baby List registry for myself to keep track of the girl clothes I'm finding since you can't easily add to amazon anymore

In other news I'm finally out at work! Yay! Everyone was very excited and it feels good to know I can let my belly hang out to my heart's content now

11. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Yay, so exciting when everyone knows

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: It is such a relief. I'm rocking a full on maternity outfit today and loving it. So comfy!

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: it's amazing what maternity clothes do to enhance the bump lol I wore mat clothes yesterday and looked super pregnant and today I'm in regular clothes and look chubby lol here's yesterday

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2020 Mamas

April 7: CatchAFallingStar (#3 ) - 17w0d
    April 17: JennyLayneAZ (#2 ) - 15w4d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#3 ) - 15w0d
    April 27: GalaxyMoth (#1 ) - 14w1d
    April 29: mrschickpea (#2) - 13w6d

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

15 weeks today! I'm up 5 lbs already and have a goal to not gain more that 25. Only gaining 20 lbs in the remaining 25 weeks sounds totally reasonable, but my body just seems to love to pack it on. *fingers crossed*

@GalaxyMoth: have you gotten NIPT results back yet?

16. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyPenny: I literally just got the results a few minutes ago! April is definitely a good time to be having a ! (And a genetically healthy one at that )

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Aww, yay! Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear everything came back good. I can't believe the trend we're on.... @mrschickpea - any news from you?

18. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: congrats!!

@JennyPenny: can you update my EDD to 4/15? I'm up 12 lbs already 🤦‍♀️😐 I'm hoping not to gain more than 25-30, but we'll see.

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: will do. It’s too late to edit that post but I’ll update it in the next one. And I have been working pretty hard to only gain 5 lbs. Right now that just means tracking my calories (but not restricting) and making sure I get 30 min of exercise per day. But it is tough! I gained 40 lbs with my first and 30 lbs with my 2nd and the difference in how I felt was night and day. I was up 5 lbs already to start this pregnancy so a gain of 25 puts me at the same ending weight as DS2.

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Man, old wives tales about girls stealing mom's beauty are turning out to be true in my case I've found two large patches of spider veins on my legs, my varicose veins are insane and I'm still breaking out like crazy. I thought it might go away in the 2nd tri like the nausea and fatigue did, but so far that hasn't panned out...

21. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: sorry hun I have been dealing with a little bit of face acne, but, nothing like my first pregnancy. It was so bad last time! It lasted until a couple of weeks after I gave birth, and then finally cleared up.

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

We officially have a name😊
    DD2 is Bonnie Rae (which didn't get a lot of love on my poll, but that's ok).

23. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: aww, how beautiful! And amazing you have a name this early! I thought we would since we had a girl name picked out for during our other pregnancies but of course, now that it’s a reality, DH isn’t sure he likes it anymore

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: thank you 💜 we had another name for dd1 that dh wanted to use, but it didn't feel right to me anymore. The name was Savannah Victoria, which I still think is beautiful, but a little bit too much next to big sister Piper. It feels good to have one "thing" checked off the to do list lol

25. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: aw! I know outside opinions shouldn't matter, but I think Bonnie Rae is adorable!

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: thank you 💜

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 7: CatchAFallingStar (#3 ) - 18w0d
    April 15: JennyLayneAZ (#2 ) - 16w6d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#3 ) - 16w0d
    April 27: GalaxyMoth (#1 ) - 15w1d
    April 29: mrschickpea (#2) - 14w6d

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I had my 16 week appointment today, which included a blood draw for AFP screening and scheduling my anatomy scan (Dec 2) I'm so anxious to pass the final screening milestones with hopefully good results so I can relax and start enjoying this pregnancy more. I also asked the doctor about these awful spider veins that have been cropping up and she said I should get some compression socks because if they're starting this early it's likely they just keep getting worse over the next 5 1/2 months. Yikes!

29. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: oh, you poor thing, sorry about the spider veins! Interesting about the AFP test....my office hasn't said anything to me about that my next appointment with them is on 11/22, so maybe they'll schedule it then, but that seems a little late? My A/S is 11/18, so I'm excited about that

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Well, it was interesting because I feel like in the past it was "ok today is the day for your AFP screening, unless you want to decline it" whereas today it almost seemed like an afterthought and was "today would be the day for AFP screening if you want it, though they do a good job checking for those things at the anatomy scan so this would just be if you want all the screening possible" So maybe it's not as standard as it used to be and I was just offered it because of my history?

31. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

Hello all! Sorry, this pregnancy is kicking my arse this time around! So tired and my immune system is picking up all the junk. I'm also a teacher and get to be face to face with germs all day

We found out we're having another girl! Guess that makes the whole April 2020 group all ladies! Everything was very low risk on the NIPT and doppler last week had little lady kicking at the wand with a strong heartbeat.

32. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrschickpea: Yay! Congratulations on a clear scan and another baby girl! I can't believe we're a fully female month - crazy! But I'm sorry you're still so tired and I can't imagine having to stand up and teach all day plus all the germs on top of that. I feel like every cold is just the worst while pregnant and schools are such terrible breeding grounds. Hopefully you can stay somewhat healthy for most of the winter.

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@mrschickpea: Yay, that is so awesome!! Sorry about all the germs, that's no fun!

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

April 7: CatchAFallingStar (#3 ) - 18w2d
    April 15: JennyLayneAZ (#2 ) - 17w1d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#3 ) - 16w2d
    April 27: GalaxyMoth (#1 ) - 15w3d
    April 29: mrschickpea (#2 ) - 15w1d

how cool is that!!

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Love it!

I did some baby girl clothes shopping yesterday and got sucked down a rabbit hole of absolute adorableness. But now all the ads I see everywhere are for more cute baby girl clothes! It is incredibly distracting!!!

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: it's easy to go overboard lol I think this time I'll buy her a new going home outfit, but mostly everything else will be hand me downs. I need to go through and organize all of it though!

37. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

Dang y'all! Pretty amazing to have an all girl month! How fun and exciting!

@MrsChickpea: Congrats on the news but I'm so sorry you're feeling icky. I'm in the same boat but with nausea/vomiting instead of germy illness, but I couldnt imagine teaching on top of it! I work in a lab by myself and I thought that was hard enough

@JennyPenny: I definitely know what you mean about going overboard on girl clothes. I buy more clothes for someone who doesn't need them yet than I actually do for myself right now

38. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies! How are you all doing?

My anatomy scan was this morning, Bonnie is growing perfectly and everything looks good. Nothing concerning for her heart, brain, no down syndrome markers, etc. The only issue us that my placenta is low, so the MFM warned me my Dr may put me on pelvic rest, so we'll see. My appointment with them is on Friday.

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay! Congratulations on a good scan. She looks so cute peeking out of that US photo

My scan is 2 weeks from today and I’m just counting down the days. I think I’ll feel much better once/if I get an all clear. I’m starting to feel movement now which is nice. Right now I really need to start clearing out DHs office to make room for baby girl.

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I've been feeling a lot of movement too lately, I love it She was flopping all around in there during the ultrasound lol It took a while to get all the images of her heart that they wanted/needed. It was nice having it done at the MFM though, she sat down with us after going over the images so we didn't have to wait to hear from my dr

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee