Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Oh, and they told me the NIPT would by Myriad Prequel which I saw from your other post is what you're getting too. So I'll be interested in hearing your experience. They told me that the results would be available in their portal before my office even has them, but it could take 1-2 weeks.

2. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

I had my appointment at the MFM today which was pretty uneventful, but I got a sneak peek at my blob 😍 heart rate is 173. Next week is my size and date scan and then I can schedule my NIPT.

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay! So glad your appointment went well today too! I feel like that first ultrasound is always the scariest.

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: it really is, and I wasnt expecting it, they just wanted to get the hb. And, I have a tilted uterus, so the early scans are nerve wrecking because the baby is so far away it's hard to find 🤦‍♀️

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Checking in - how's everyone doing?

My nausea and fatigue have ramped up hard core the last few days. I feel absolutely miserable. I'm supposed to go on a beach vacation this weekend and I really hope it subsides enough that I can enjoy it.

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: aw, man, I hope it gets better for you soon! A beach vacation sounds lovely though, its been far too many years since I've been!

My m/s seems to ebb and flow. Some days its really bad, some days (like today, thankfully) it's not so bad. I've been eating a lot of carbs lately though; if I start of the day with a carb heavy breakfast, I am less nauseous. So....along with the extra carbs = +4 lbs so far Hopefully 2nd tri will be better and I can cut down on the carbs again!

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Yeah, mine seems to stay at bay WHILE eating, which has led to some insane snacking behavior. I was working on losing a few lbs at the start and lost 2, but have now gained back 3 so I'm only +1 total but I feel like its starting to show a bit...

8. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Yeah, I was on WW when we got the so, I've been "dieting" since January. I had lot 35 lbs. It was really tough the first few weeks because I was trying to maintain my eating habits, but, once I finally gave in to the carbs, it really seems to help the m/s. So, its a catch 22. I'm trying not to worry about the weight gain, but I used some pregnancy weight calculator and it told me I've gained too much lol so that is lingering in my mind.

Although I've only gained 4 lbs, I can tell you, my pants are acting like I've gained 20. my "skinny" pants have been retired for a couple weeks now, and my middle sized pants are becoming uncomfortable. I'm in my "fat" pants, but I don't know how long these are going to last. The only thing that makes me feel somewhat ok about it, is that the legs/butt area are still baggy, so it's all tummy bloat, but dang!

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Wow! 35 lbs! That's really impressive!

I mostly wear dresses and skirts this time of year and the skirts are pretty uncomfortable already but some of the dresses really emphasize the blump. I think I was in maternity pants around 12/13 weeks last time so I suspect I'm not too far away from that.

10. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: thanks! It took a lot of patience lol I wasn't done, but I will restart next summer.

I tried on some of my maternity jeans this weekend... not quite there yet. Comfy on the tummy, but they slide down so easily without a hard bump to hold them up lol

11. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Found out today baby is another girl! (Our third) No chromosomal abnormalities!

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: congratulations! That’s fantastic news! And it seems like you got your results pretty quickly too

13. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyPenny: yes! Blood draw was Wednesday and results were in today!

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Nice! And did they do an email and you checked a portal? That's how my practice said it would work.

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for no chromosomal abnormalities. I saw your post on the gender. I just want to offer hugs. I am totally prepared for this one to be another girl but I know I'll have a little bit of disappointment in me if it is, since this is our last baby as well. So, just sending you huge hugs lady!

16. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Is this your third baby as well?

17. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: second, but our last. First is a girl, so of course we'd love to even it out with a boy. We both had some disappointment last time as well, and I know how badly DH wants a boy, though he is convinced we'll have another girl. We'll see. Hopefully pretty quickly!

18. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies! Had my u/s today measuring 9wks 5days at one measurement and 9wks 6days at another, so they're keeping my due date the same (counting me as 10 weeks today). Strong heart beat of 169. And I got my paperwork for the NIPT. Mine is through Progenity. Hopefully I get my results quickly like @CatchAFallingStar: !! Hopefully the quality on my picture comes out ok, if not i'll try to repost from my phone later.

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay! Congrats on a good appointment! I don’t think I’ve seen a 3D ultrasound of a baby that early, so cool

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: me neither! I was happy she swapped it over for a second👍😁

21. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

So, this is how my luck goes ladies. I went this morning to get my blood drawn for the NIPT, and when she took the test kit out, noticed that the vile is expired. All her test kits are expired! So, I'm waiting to hear back from her when they'll have new ones in so I can go back. She was hoping to get new ones today, so we'll see. I'm pretty irritated.

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: oh man that’s a bummer! And also seems really weird that they expired. I’m jealous you get yours at 10 weeks. I have to wait till 11. Counting down the days...

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: that's what I thought, what in a test tube vile could possibly expire? But, I'm not in the med field so whatever. They haven't caked back yet. It's almost noon. I'm getting anxious 😐

So, as far as the weeks go, I'm going to guess it depends on the brand of test you're getting. I went to the Progenix website and even there it says it can be taken at any point 10 weeks or later. 🤷‍♀️

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Oh, and FYI I'm hanging out at baby center today trying to win a free graco car seat lol

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Nice, good luck!

I’m at the beach for the weekend and the weather is beautiful! I’ve also been feeling less fatigue and nausea too which has been a nice change.

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: thanks, I wasn't a lucky winner 🤷‍♀️ have a great time at the beach!

I did end up getting my blood drawn, so, yay! Lol

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Uh oh... this is not good. I feel like I am definitely showing now. I just got back from the beach where I overindulged so hopefully I go back down a little bit when I get back to my regular eating. But it’s going to be hard to hid much longer at this rate. I’m 10 weeks today. 😬

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I found a heartbeat on a home Doppler tonight! I’m so excited!!! I’m borrowing one from a friend and I tried last night and couldn’t find it. I was trying not to freak out since it’s pretty early still but I definitely struggled with it a bit today. Well, just now I was laying down and noticed a hard ball not at all in the place I was looking yesterday. And sure enough after just a few minutes I found a very faint heartbeat! I’m just so relieved!!

29. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: oh how exciting!! You look great by the way. I *feel* huge, but I did a comparison pic from before my bro, and I don't see too much difference. Picture on the left is current, right was July-ish.

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Interesting! Yeah, I agree, you look the same. I don't have any pre pictures so I guess I don't have much to compare it to. Hopefully everyone just assumes this is left overs from having 2 kids already - which honestly, it probably is for the most part.

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: yeah, the only reason I have anything like this from before is because I was taking weight loss progress pictures LOL

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Oh, and I'd also like to add a disclaimer that my current pic was taken first thing in the morning. I'm sure if I took a picture now, my stomach would look twice as big LOL Ugh the afternoon bloat is so uncomfortable! I'm pretty sure by this point in my first pregnancy I was already in maternity clothes. But, since I lost that weight this year, I had clothes to grow into...but, still, at the end of the day, I'm ready for my yoga pants or pajama shorts!

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

No genetic abnormalities!!! WOO HOO. And the sex of the baby is sitting in a sealed envelope in my purse so DH and I can open it together!!!! I'm so excited

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

#2 for us

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: congratulations!!! Yay for a healthy baby and for sisters!

I’ll have my blood draw on Tuesday so hopefully I’ll have good results soon too 🤞

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: thank you! Trying to figure out how we want to announce the results, as no one else knows we know already lol

Sending you all the love and good luck and positive vibes for quick, good results 🤞💜

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

How's everyone doing? I've been feeling so much better the past few days. Nausea is down, energy is up. I finally tackled a bunch of stuff around the house this weekend that had me feeling totally under water so that's adding to my good feelings too. I have my blood draw tomorrow and just hoping hoping hoping I get good news soon!

38. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

Hello all! I've been pretty quiet on the baby front my first appointment is finally coming up Wednesday at 10 weeks! Hoping to tell my boss if all goes well. Still haven't shared with family yet and will probably do so soon after this first ultrasound.

All day sickness still very much a part of my daily life I'm bloated but I ate lower carb today and did well (previous keto-er before pregnancy) I still have mad cravings for fruits and thai food though lol

39. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@JennyPenny: oh man I cant wait for the energy to come back. I spend most of my weekends on the couch and napping. I'm a teacher and the week wipes me out (and my 3 year old!)

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrschickpea: Good to hear from you! And I'm excited for you to finally have an appt. 10 weeks is an awful long time to wait. My cravings right now are just about anything I see a picture of, it's pretty dangerous. For the first time today I went to put on a skirt and it just plain didn't fit Hopefully I feel comfortable being out soon so I can switch to maternity clothes

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee