Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Hi ladies! I wanted to pop back in and let you all know that I am pregnant again and due in June! So far so good, but I've found it difficult to get excited about this pregnancy (not surprising). I"m hoping I'll be able to relax and celebrate once I get the NIPT results back and am firmly in the 2nd tri. I hope you all are feeling great!

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@BUNBUN: Congratulations! I hope this is a healthy baby for you and you have an uneventful time until June. I totally understand the struggle for connection. I had 2 losses before this pregnancy that shook me super hard and connection has happened slowly. The clear NIPT helped a lot, but I'm still nervously awaiting the anatomy scan. *Fingers crossed* that this time next year we're all happily holding new little babies and the struggles of the past feel less poignant.

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BUNBUN: CONGRATULATIONS I've been silently rooting you on and following the June board 💜 good luck on your nipt

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Oh, update on me: I have marginal placenta previa and am on pelvic rest until further notice. My follow up ultrasound for this is 1/22/20, when I'm 28 weeks. They'll check on baby girls growth and placement of the placenta and we'll reassess.

I was reading online about it and 70-80% of women with previa will have bleeding (!?!!!) due to it. I haven't had any at all, thankfully, and hope to stay that way. Some risk factors that could be a cause of placenta previa are being an older mom (check) and prior C-section(s) (also check) (there were others but those checked out for me - or it can be unknown!). So, yay me lol I'm hopeful that since it is marginal (so, adjacent to, but not covering, the cervical opening) that it will correct itself, but we'll see.

I'm already having a repeat C-section, but it can cause issues other than not being able to have a vaginal delivery.

Blood Pressure was good, good fetal heart beat. My weight gain is annoying me lol but they haven't said anything about it. I'm not going nuts on eating and I've been going on (mostly) daily walks, so, it is what it is, but, ugh.

In other news, I'm receiving a promotion at work!!!! I've been here for 8 1/2 years in the same position, so I'm super excited. We/they'll start looking for someone to replace my position in December, hoping to have them start in January, and I'll get them trained and start training in my new position as soon as I can. Hopefully when I get back from maternity leave I will just jump right into the new position and everything will be a (somewhat) smooth transition.

How are you all doing? Anyone else want to ramble with me? LOL

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ooh, nice update! Congratulations on your promotion, that’s fantastic! What kind of maternity leave do you get? Also, I know a few people who had previa at some point in their pregnancy and it resolved for all of them, so fingers crossed it does for you too.

I don’t have any updates on the baby front until our next appointment. I’m doing pretty well with weight gain so far, up about 8lbs. I feel a weird mix of awful and great though. On one hand I took an hour long walk with a friend today and felt fantastic the whole time. On the other hand I was hanging out on the couch after dinner with DH and my veins in my leg were painful, I had heartburn and then struggled to get off the couch. It’s going to be a long 20 more weeks if I’m already struggling!

One thing I’m also worried about now is my oldest sons behavior has gotten absolutely awful lately and I feel like I have to get a handle on it quickly before the baby comes. I know I struggle to stay consistent with him (mostly due to lack of time and patience on my part) and that is definitely part of the problem. Again, if I’m already struggling now, I’m going to be in even bigger trouble soon...

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: oh, I hear you on the big kid problems. I don't remember how old your son is, but my dd is 3 and, man, threenager is so accurate lol and my patience since becoming pregnant has been really thin. It's not her fault, she's adjusting to big changes too, and I feel bad but sometimes her behaviour is ridiculous lol ugh. So, vent away. My only plan of attack at this point is trying to include her as much as I can, because it feels like she's already feeling left out in a way.

Also, sorry to hear about your veins and heartburn!! That sounds awful!

ETA fixed typos

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@BUNBUN: hey! I saw your update on the June thread (but felt creepy posting over there) Congratulations on your healthy baby girl! I'm so glad everything turned out low risk

8. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

Happy Thanksgiving ladies! I hope this holiday season is filled with warmth, health, and happiness for you and yours (and good deals if any of you are Black Friday shopping )

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I hope everyone is having a nice holiday. I’ve just bought a bunch of girl clothes with Black Friday deals and hope to have most of my Christmas shopping wrapped up soon as well

10. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@JennyPenny: @JennyLayneAZ: Thank you! We are very relieved by the low risk NIPT results and a little shocked to be having a girl

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

My anatomy scan was this morning and while it did not go smoothly, everything looks okay so far. We got there and they told us the ultrasound machine was broken so we wouldn't be able to do the anatomy scan. They said they'd do a quick check with the basic US but it wouldn't be detailed enough to see anything really. But then they tried the the broken machine and got most of the measurements. She said spine, brain and kidneys looked good. She got a quick view of the heart and said it has 4 chambers but didn't get any measurements. Also didn't get to check the placenta, cervix, cord, etc. Right now I'm waiting for the doctor to decide if they should redo it in 1 week or 4. But I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I didn't get any cute shots either since it was super rushed but hopefully next time.

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Happy Thanksgiving to you too (uh, a few days late lol)

@BUNBUN: Girls are fun, you'll love it!

@JennyPenny: well that is super frustrating!! I'd hope for the earlier ultrasound, but, that's just me lol

So, we're getting ready for a long camping trip. Had a very busy weekend getting everything ready. Hoping not to freeze to death lol (I've lived in the desert for 30 years, I get cold easily. And its snowing where we're going. ) Wish me luck!!

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Oh wow, have fun! and stay warm

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Oh dear, Thanksgiving was not kind to me. I'm 20 weeks today and up 12 lbs. My goal is 25 total so I need to be careful the rest of the holiday season I think. One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that all of the measurements they got on baby girl yesterday were right on track for gestational age which sounds good. My DS1 was measuring exactly right at this point and was born at a nice 7lb 8 oz. My DS2 was measuring 2 weeks ahead at the anatomy scan and was 8lbs 14 oz at birth - with a 99.8% head circumference!! I'll be quite happy with an average sized baby in there, especially since my work BFF just dropped off a bunch of tiny girl clothes that a 9ish lb baby would never fit in

15. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Hope no one has become an icicle on the trip!

@JennyPenny: A big baby isnt a terrible thing, but I do hope you get to use all those clothes!

Anatomy scan today went well! My little girl was super cooperative for all the measurements but was camera shy when they tried to see her face After moving around some, the tech finally got the views of her face. One thing we know already is that she has long legs! (I'm 5'10 and my husband is 6'4) Boy does she use them, too! She kicks a lot and hard enough dad can feel

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Aww, so sweet! I’m glad you got a nice face picture and everything went well

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I meant to capture a bump picture at the halfway point, but I’m 21 weeks today so this’ll have to do. Hopefully if I can schedule my c-section right at 39 weeks I only have 18 weeks left!

18. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyPenny: Your bump is so cute! (And so is that shirt )

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

All the lovely girl clothes I bought on Black Friday finally arrived this weekend! It's starting to feel more real and exciting. 4 more months!

Whats going on with you all?

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies! We're back from our camping trip. DD had a ton of fun in the snow, she was quite sad when we were driving home and the snow disappeared lol

@GalaxyMoth: yay for a good anatomy scan! DH was finally able to feel baby move while we were gone, so that was fun

@JennyPenny: your bump is adorable

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Yay! I'm glad you had fun and survived the cold I still can't get DH to feel a kick. I swear he's being intentionally obtuse though because it is very easy to feel now from the outside.

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: yeah, DH said "wow, its so light" I was like, well keep your hand there because she definitely gets tougher lol like, she's not going to kick you on demand and not every movement is super strong dude. Sometimes her movements make me feel nauseous too. I'm not sure what the hell she's doing in there lol (I assume she's still flipping back and forth at this point, but maybe she's just kicking some internal organs, I have no clue lol)

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (or are having a wonderful Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or anything you may be celebrating right now).

I just realized I never updated after my last appointment last week. I finally got to meet my doctor! And she is absolutely awesome. I'm so glad I trusted my gut and the online reviews and stuck it out to meet her. I told DH that she's someone we could hang out with and go to happy hour lol So, I'm super happy about that. I also talked to her about tying my tubes during my C-section, so she'll have that paperwork all ready for me at my next appointment in January. She said that she cuts, ties, and burns, so there is no chance of the tie reversing itself. It'll be nice not to have to worry about birth control finally! I have to say though, I have a good history with it doing its job, so at least there's that lol

Oh, I will also learn my C-section date at my next appointment!! I'm so excited to know her birthday (unless she decides to come earlier, but we're just going to act like that's not going to happen lol).

And, last but not least, I just scheduled my 1 hour glucose test. She said I could take it a couple days before my next appointment so they could go over the results with me, so I scheduled it for 1/14. Hopefully 2 days is enough, if not they can call me with the results, no big deal. I'm totally not looking forward to it, but I'm optimistic that I'll pass it this time, knowing what I know now (not to eat a carb heavy meal the night before lol).

Any updates from anyone else?

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: wow, big update! It must be nice to have plans falling into place. I’m desperate to schedule my repeat C but I don’t know when they’ll do it. I guess I should ask at my next appointment (Monday). If you end up going into labor early will you still do a C and tubal or would you go for a VBAC in that case? I plan on doing VBAC if I go early, but don’t feel super strong either way. Right now I’m already feeling ready to just have this baby already because the spider and varicose in my leg are driving me mad. 16 more weeks of this sounds daunting.

Otherwise we had a great Christmas and will start potty training my youngest tomorrow! Wish us luck 😬

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: If I go early, we'll still do the c and a tubal. I asked her about that, since DD1 came at 39+1 and she said we'd just end up doing the c section on whatever day I went into labor. I was hoping to schedule it a few days early (sometime in week 38) but oh well. At least I'll have an ultimate end date lol I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling a little "over it" too. Mostly when I wake up in the middle of the night to turn over and, I keep waking up on my back which is annoying and makes me feel sore in my abs and my boobs.

Good luck with potty training! Not something I'm looking forward to a second time LOL

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

And some pics from yesterday ♥

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Had a great rest of my anatomy scan this morning. Everything looks perfect! Baby girl is measuring 56% and I apparently have an anterior placenta. I was surprised because I feel plenty of movement. I’m amazed at how relieved I feel. I guess I must have still been holding onto some tension that they’d find something wrong but I feel incredible today. Could also be the 70 degree weather but either way, life feels good

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Yay for a good anatomy scan I think I get nervous before any scan or test, no matter what. I don't think that ever goes away.

I am jealous of your 70 degree weather. It's normally warm here and I'm freezing my butt off at 50 degrees lol

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Happy New Year everyone! Yay to the year we'll get to meet our babies! Anyone got any resolutions for this year?

I definitely need to start eating healthier. I put on 5 lbs in the week between Christmas and New Year so I feel like I need to gain nothing for the next month to keep with the expected 1lb/week gain. So I'm going to eat healthier and aim for 30 minutes of walking every day from now until delivery. I also want to start doing some light strength training but I haven't figured out how to work that in yet.

30. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Happy New Year! I sort of have some half assed resolutions lol

#1 = be more patient with my daughter

Other than that: eat healthier, walk a little more. I plan on rejoining WW as soon as birth #2 happens and don't plan on waiting almost 3 years to get back in shape this time

31. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

Happy New Year!

Is it setting in that we all meet our little ones this year for everyone else?

My only resolution is to try my best to be the very best parent I can be. Being new to having my own kids, I feel like I have a lot left to learn and I'm trying to get in the habit of being more patient with myself now because I know shortcomings are going to be inevitable and hindsight is always 20/20 (no pun intended)!

32. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@GalaxyMoth: We had a belated holiday with my ILs today and when my FIL said "wow, only 3 months left!" I started to correct him, but he's not really wrong. For me it's 3 months + a week! Eeek can't believe it.

We made decent progress on getting DH's office cleaned out this weekend. I wanted it 100% but we're not quite there yet. If I'm able to paint next weekend though it'll be a win. The plan is to move DS1 there, then DS2 goes into DS1's room to free up the nursery. It's a pretty crazy transition but the nursery room is perfect babies and DS1's current room is set up for a toddler, so it just seems easier in the long run.

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I've reached the point where I find myself thinking "really? I'm going to keep getting bigger?" I know I'm nowhere close to as big as I'll get but I feel so huge already!!

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: ugh me too lol in the past 2 weeks or so there has been a shift in my comfort level lol and there is still so much time left!!

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: looking good! And that’s such a cute top! I’m feeling pretty over my maternity wardrobe already too. I might buy myself a new dress or 2 that’ll work postpartum as well to help me feel good getting dressed again.

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: thank you, I just bought a bunch of stuff from Kohls while they were having their sales, so I'm set for the rest of this preganacy. I was so annoyed at my lack of jeans, so now I have plenty, and I bought them a size larger than I really need right now, but I'd rather have a baggy leg then have nothing that fits the last month lol 🤷‍♀️

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I had a very productive weekend which included getting my DH's office cleared out and painted in prep for it becoming DS1's room. My goal is to have him in there by the end of January, move DS2 out of the nursery by end of Feb, and have everything set up for DD by mid March - so a month in advance! The one downside is this weekend took a toll on my veins so I ended up making an appt with a vascular doctor because I'm worried about how much worse they keep getting.

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Third trimester today!! Woohoo! I'm definitely feeling like it's crunch time to get everything ready. We're making good progress on DS1's new room and I've also been working on a baby quilt for baby girl. I also set a new years goal for myself to walk 30 min every day from Jan 1 through delivery and so far I've made that happen. *fingers crossed* I can keep it up!

39. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: nice! DH is making good progress on DD1's room as well, so I'm hopeful we'll get that finished up and her moved by mid-February at the latest.

I have a follow up ultrasound tomorrow to see if my placenta previa has resolved or not, fingers crossed!!

Also, I took my glucose screening and passed, thankfully! Next up I have to get the Tdap and pre-register with the hospital. And also schedule a tour since I'm delivering at a new hospital this time.

Good job on the walking, I've been trying to walk at least 5 days a week, and I've been hitting 3-4 lol today it's raining, so I don't see a walk happening. (its a light rain, but, I don't own an umbrella, so....)

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Ultrasound went really well My placenta is high (5cm above the cervix opening - Dr wants it at 2cm or better, so, yay!!) so I'm expecting a phone call to relieve me of my pelvic rest. Bonnie is doing really well, she's practice breathing a ton. She weighs (estimate of course) 2 lbs 14 oz. Her head circumference is 1 1/2 ahead of schedule (DD1 had a big head too - 90something percentile when she was born) and overall she's growing at 72% on the growth chart, so, that's really good My fluid levels are great, cervix is long and closed. And, she's head down, not that it matters much since I'm having a repeat c anyway lol

I'll have growth scans every 4 weeks and possibly an extra one after 36 weeks, depends on what the dr orders. So, I get to see her again at 32 weeks I'll take a picture of one of my 3D images and post at some point today lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee