Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2012 Babies!

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@aMohror: @MissBBC: Wow! That's great that you both got in so quickly! I can't wait to hear how the first appointment goes! I'm going to call next week to try to see if I can come in before x-mas too. I would feel sooo much better if I could.

2. MissBBC

pea / 6 posts

@Orvis18: I see a RE because I had to have fibroid surgery prior to TTC, so that's why my appt is so early. 6 weeks may be too early to even see the heartbeat, but if we don't, we'll go back at 7 weeks. She is just super careful with all her patients that conceive. Will definitely let the group know how it goes! I can't wait, esp since I feel NO symptoms and of course that worries me.

3. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

I couldn't get in before Christmas. My first appointment is on Dec. 27 for an ultrasound and my first OB appointment is on Dec. 28. The ultrasound tech isn't available on the same day for some reason because of the holiday. It's ok but I wish it could happen at the same time as the OB appointment. I'll just be happy to get to that point

4. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@MissBBC: Here they are! Make sure you look at the front and back views so you can see the picture AND what they say!

Here is the one we will be giving to my Grandma!

http://www.zazzle.com/175273538490504803?side_front=front&side_back=back&style=circle&context=indiv&view=angle180

And this one is for my Mother and Father in Law, they like to joke a lot so that's why when I saw this one it was perfect!

http://www.zazzle.com/pregnancy_christmas_ornament_brunette_jelly-175927449734019086

Obviously when we wrap them, they will see the picture side first!

5. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@Orvis18: I will definitely let you ladies know how it goes! I will only be about 6 1/2 weeks along. I'm not sure all what they will be doing if they are going to do an ultrasound or what not. I know it's a pretty long appointment. I will let you know!

6. VanessaC15

coffee bean / 35 posts

So excited to ask I can join... I got my BFP yesterday! My EDD is Aug. 5 according to the online calculators. I am still in the shock/surreal stage and can't wait to make my first appt. to confirm.

Like many of you, I am really anxious to share the news with family during the holidays. This is so exciting

7. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@vanessac15: yay! congrats! so exciting! here's to wishing a healthy 12 weeks for all of us!!!

8. eeh

persimmon / 1341 posts

Add me to the list! Just got my BFP today. I 'should' be due on August 8th!

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@VanessaC15: Congrats and welcome!

@eeh: Congrats on your BFP! It's so nice to see so many people joining this board

10. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

Hi everyone!

I got my BFP on December 1st, and my EDD is August 10th.

This is my second pregnancy, but first child. I had a miscarriage in September. I'm super nervous right now, but trying my best to relax. I figure...I'm doing everything I can do, and everything else is out of my hands.

My symptoms so far:

*Super tired, like all the time. I slept until noon yesterday, curled up and vegged on the couch, and struggled to stay awake when DH and I went to see The Muppets last night.

*My boobs are starting to feel swollen. They, and especially my nipples, are sore to the touch

*Gassy like nobody's business. I think I've farted more in the past 4 days than I have in the past 4 years. DH (the renowned farter in our family), is super amused by it

*Thirsty, mostly for water or OJ

*Super sensitive sense of smell

*I have bouts of nausea. I haven't thrown up, but I've definitely gagged or dry-heaved a lot

*A cramping/pulling sensation on one side or the other of my lower abdomen

*I'm hungry all the time, but no food is appealing.

I'm feeling this pregnancy a lot more than the last, so I'm hopeful it's a good sign. It hadn't really set in yet, though. I keep expecting to see bleeding anytime I go to the bathroom (which is like once an hour).

11. VanessaC15

coffee bean / 35 posts

@banana: @Orvis18: Thanks ladies!

I scheduled my first appt. for 12/14 So glad they could get me in so soon.

12. VanessaC15

coffee bean / 35 posts

@FutureMrsMcK: Ugghh the gas and fatigue! I've had major headaches too.

13. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@VanessaC15: That's fantastic! I can't wait to hear about it.

How's everyone feeling so far this week? I'm feeling pretty good-still tired early each night (like 7pm), thirsty/hungry, gassy, minor cramping, and bloated. Nothing too exciting

14. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@Orvis18: Through in headaches, and that's about exactly where I am. The gas is unbelievable. I barely slept last night despite my exhaustion because I was having gas pains. This effing baby better stick!

15. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

Wow - there are a lot of us. This is awesome!

I'm now at 5w3d and feeling pretty good most of the time. My biggest symptoms are fatigue, dizziness, having to pee A LOT, and hungry/thirsty all day long.

@VanessaC15: You are lucky to have gotten in so quickly...I can't wait for our u/s on Dec. 27!

16. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

This week I'm a little crampy, tired, very gassy, and congested (i think it's my allergies). I took a blood test last week and they told me my HCG levels were fine but my progesterone levels were a little low. So I have to start taking Prometrium (progesterone supplements). I had the same thing with my 1st and the worse thing about it is that it causes major nausea (on top of the morninig sickness you would normally get). Sigh....If that's what it takes, that's what I'll do.

17. MissBBC

pea / 6 posts

Just had my first ultrasound this morning at 6 weeks (so early because I see an RE)! The ultrasound photo really just looks like a big blur but apparently there is one baby and a heartbeat (I kind of saw it blip a few times).

Anyhow, it was super quick and after one more appt with my RE at 8 weeks, I need to find a normal OB.

One thing that was helpful was that she said that I should exercise as much as I want to without trying anything new. This is a relief to me because I use to work out a lot but my acupunturist told me not to once I became prego.

I still have minimal symptoms - sore boobs and bathroom "problems".

18. Kkuru

coffee bean / 31 posts

Hi everyone! I can't believe it, but I got a BFP Monday and my due date is August 15. So far, all I really feel is super bloated and gassy. Occasionally, my boobs are sore but not all the time. I also feel like I wish I felt more! My first appt with my midwife practice is January 12-so far away! I've let it slip to a few close friends and my sister, but we're trying to wait until Christmas to tell our families.

19. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@Kkuru: Congratulations! Are you having trouble keeping a secret?! That's exciting you have your first appointment scheduled, it will probably feel like it's forever away but at least you have a date to look forward to! We are also waiting until Christmas to tell our families. I'm so excited because we got little ornaments for them A few close friends of ours know also, I don't know how people can keep it completely secret from EVERYONE!

20. Kkuru

coffee bean / 31 posts

@AMOHROR- I am having a hard time keeping it secret! I also told a few close friends and some co-worker friends, but we're telling my immediate family this weekend (have to celebrate Christmas early) and then my husband's family on Christmas. I bought copies of the Mercer Mayer books, Grandpa and Me and Grandma and Me (I loved these books when I was little) and we'll wrap them for them to open.

21. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

Anyone getting hit with major NAUSEA??? I'm nauseous all day and night! The only thing that is helping me so far is Ginger Tea from Whole Foods.

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@banana: Nausea started hitting me a few days ago and yesterday was by far the worst. I thought I was going to lose it before I even made it to the shower in the morning. I've been drinking tons of water and trying to make sure I don't eat too much at one time but never get hungry. That seems to be helping a bit but it is certainly no fun! Hope you feel better!

23. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@orvis18: Hope you feel better soon too! I've been having mad craving for spicy foods. But then once I gorge on it, I feel sick. It's like a vicious cycle. With my first, my MS started decreasing at around 13-14 weeks so I'm just counting the days now! 7 more weeks to go. Oh my!

24. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

No nausea for me but extreme exhaustion. I'm lucky because I work at home so I can sneak in naps during the day so I can't imagine if you are fighting fatigue in an office.

Otherwise, there are times when I don't feel pregnant at all. I still am - I've taken a couple of tests LOL but after a loss, I need to reassure myself!

25. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@alittlep: Lucky that you don't have nausea. It's the worse!!! Other than nausesa and fatigue, I don't really have any other symptoms either.

Have any of you August mamas gotten an ultrasound yet? I'm scheduled for my 2nd one on Friday and I'm nervous!

26. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

I have my first u/s on Dec. 27 - I'm excited and nervous!

@banana: how did you already get one u/s?

27. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@alittlep: I had my first one last week because I had a previous ectopic pregnancy which required surgery. So they're extra careful whenever that happens and they'll do early ultrasounds to rule out another ectopic. They found a sac in my uterus (woohoo!) and a possible yolk sac but they said it was too early to tell. So I have a follow up u/s on Friday.

28. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

Hi ladies! Just came back from my 6 week ultrasound and they saw a heartbeat! So excited. I'm just waiting for the next 6 weeks to pass so that I can be officially in my 2nd trimester! The baby measured exactly where it should be and the heart rate was strong.They did see a small dark area next to the sac (which they think could be some sort of fluid buildup) so they want me to come back in next week for another ultrasound to rule out anything bad. Kinda nervous but hopeful at the same time.

Anyone else get their ultrasounds yet?

29. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

@banana: Yay for seeing a heartbeat!. Fingers crossed that the dark area is gone next week.

I'm anxious for mine on the 27th.

30. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Just found out we're expecting last week on 12/06/11. Tentative due date is August 10th! We haven't told anyone yet. My first OB appointment is scheduled for the first week of January. I'm nervous (about miscarriage) and excited otherwise!!

31. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Hi,ladies! Had an ultrasound yesterday and found out we are about 5 wks along. We got our BFP on November 30, due August 13. We will go back for another ultrasound in 2weeks to check on everything. Hope everyone is doing well!

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

For those who have not had an ultrasound and or/seen the heartbeat, are you going to tell family on Christmas? I am so torn about this because I had an appointment today but they didn't do an ultrasound (and won't until 18 weeks-that's a whole different story) so I wasn't able to see the heartbeat. She said everything seems fine but that really means nothing right? I am still optimistic that is the case but I'm less confident about telling anyone until I have some confirmation. They did do a blood test to check my levels and I will have that by tomorrow. Any thoughts? My next appointment is 1/6 and they will do an ultrasound if they can't find a heartbeat.

33. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Orvis18: We're still super early with a BFP last week, so we're not going to tell at Christmas. So, no ultrasound yet here. My first appointment is January 12th. I'm planning on telling about a month after that if all goes well.

34. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

Oh my. Nausea is in full force! So far I've tried ginger candy, ginger gum, crackers, ginger ale, toast, seabands...nothing is helping! I have a small prescription bottle of Zofran in my purse juuuuuust in case I ever get to the point of ultimate sickness. I hate taking medication (even when I'm not pregnant) so I'm hesitant to take it. But I swear, sometimes it just calls my name!

35. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

@banana: I hope you're feeling better. I've been doing fertility acupuncture to help me get PG and I've continued. She's helped me with the nausea through acupuncture and it's been fantastic (knock on wood). She taught me about an acupressure point to help reduce the nausea and you can Google it and try...

36. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

Sad that I didn't see this group until just now! I got my BFP on December 2nd and FF sets my DD for August 10th - but obviously that may change!
    I haven't had too, too many symptoms yet. I had quite a bit of cramping the first couple of weeks but that's mostly subsided. I've been so hungry some days (definitely cravings for spicy foods!). Other days I've had some very mild nausea, but nothing too bad. My boobs are tender, but only to the touch - don't know if that counts!

I actually have my 1st OB appt. tomorrow (22nd)!! I'm so, so nervous and excited. I'm SO hoping everything looks good and we can move forward with telling everyone for Christmas. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

37. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@alittlep: Did acupuncture really help with the nausea? I had heard about it from other moms but wasn't sure if it would really work. How much did it help?

@keppa: Welcome! Hope your appt goes well tomorrow!

38. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@ Orvis18: We are going to tell my parents a few days after Christmas (and swear them to secrecy), but we don't have our first OB appointment until January 6th. I will be exactly 9 weeks at that date and was told that we should be able to see the baby, heartbeat, etc. then, so I can only assume we get an ultrasound. I'm surprised that some of you have seen your OB already. I was told that I can't come in until 8-9 weeks, unless there's some sort of problem. I want to tell me parents because I'm super close with my mom and want her support if things are not going well. Also, we are staying with some friends around NYE and might have to tell them depending on how I'm feeling.

39. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@ChelseaRose: We decided to tell our parents/siblings on Christmas and I'm really glad we did. We let them know that it is still not public information (ie: do not post on Facebook people!) and they were beyond excited. I also have an OB appointment on 1/6 and will be 9w3d so I hope to hear the heartbeat then. If all seems good, I will need to tell my work the following Wed because of scheduling issues with my maternity leave. It's earlier than I wanted to tell them but I really can't wait much longer than that. Fingers crossed that the next 4 weeks go well for all of us!

40. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Orvis18: My mom guessed that I was pregnant. She said it was her intuition. She's the only one in our family who knows that I definitely am pregnant. It didn't stop them from making me walk a lot and move presents, etc.

I had a spot of blood like no bigger than a pin last night, probably from too much movement this weekend, needing to pee really bad, and making my cervix angry at me. After 3 LaCroix's and resting a bit, cramping went down and no blood whatsoever. Someone said that my cervix might be friable with the pregnancy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee