Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Ocean girl: on the freezing: YES! I'm 10 weeks and it has tapered off a bit in the last couple, but I still get moments where I'm huddled under a blanket on the sofa just waiting to stop shivering. Before that I would be cold at work constantly. It was actually one of my first symptoms.

2. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Mrs D: OMG! I'm totally doing this when I get home later tonight!

@Ocean girl: I'm normally "cold blooded" so I'm not sure if the cold I'm feeling now is extra or not. However, at work, I definitely keep on my scarf and jacket!!

3. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Ocean girl: @greenebee: Welcome ladies!!!!

Also! To those of you who are already researching car seats and strollers, I found an amazing website! I am super lazy at research so I love when other people do it for me, I found this website VERY informative!

http://www.lucieslist.com/1-car-seats-and-rtollers/

4. marissamakes

pea / 22 posts

Hi, ladies! This is my first board post on HB {after lurking on + off for quite a while}... kind of exciting + a little scary at the same time. :o)

Name: Marissa

Is this your first baby? Yes!

Any symptoms so far? Waves of mild nausea that kicked in a few days ago {I'm 8w5d}, fatigue, sore boobs, feeling chilled most of the time, tummy bloat, and acid reflux that comes and goes.

When & how did you find out? December 2nd, I tested 13dpIUI with a digital and prayed during the entire wait. I opened my eyes to see the good news! It was the best feeling ever, after two IUIs and nearly two years of trying.

What are you most excited for? Sharing the news with extended family + friends {sometime in the 2nd tri}, feeling the baby move, and holding him or her for the first time.

What are you least excited for? Honestly... labor. :o\

As far as cravings, grilled fish tacos + spicy Thai have been at the top of the list lately. Also, I've been snacking on lots of hummus + veggies, string cheese, and Starbucks Protein Bistro Boxes -- which is unusual considering my love of sweets! Glad to be here! :o)

5. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@lawbee11: what's your due date? I'm just about 8 weeks too. I think we're about the same timing wise. By my calculations, I'm due Aug. 17.

6. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@JamieLee: Yep, pretty close! Based on my LMP it's 8/16 and based on my O date it's 8/18.

7. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@marissamakes: welcome!!! I think our due dates might be super close! I'm due August 9!

8. marissamakes

pea / 22 posts

@.twist.: Thanks! Yup, I'm due just a few days later, 8/12!

9. Alivoo01

@marissamakes: Welcome!! Like .twist., my OB dated me Aug 9, but the tech dated the baby to be due Aug 12 so I'm just aiming in between there for delivery. haha!

@.twist.: Thanks for the link!!! I'm THE worst googler ever and haven't even begun researching baby/nursery items. Totally checking out your link!!

If other ladies want to post useful sites for various baby items, that'd be fantastic!!!!!!!

10. lawbee11

@marissamakes: Oops, missed your intro. Welcome & congrats!! I love Starbucks bistro boxes

11. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@marissamakes: haha funniest thing. I just had another doctors appointment and she said that I should actually be going with 8/12. So, what do you know, we're dead on!

@Alivoo01: haha don't worry, if I find any more links or sources I will be posting them. I have a girlfriend who's had two little girls, she is like the research QUEEN, I will be asking for all her advice and probably posting it here. I don't trust myself to do a thorough enough job! I'm SO lazy.

I just had my second doctors appointment. Everything went really well, she wasn't concerned about the spotting at all and said (as I already knew) red and cramping is bad and to get that checked out asap, but usually brown, old blood is nothing to be concerned about. I have so many forms for blood work, genetic testing, and something else that I don't even know what it's for, but all standard stuff. I was super excited that everything seemed on track. Oh and she bumped my due date back to the 12th. Which is a little frustrating! haha I was originally the 1st, then the 9th, now the 12th.

Next appointment as of today is January 23 for my lengthy prenatal appointment.

12. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

Hi Everyone! I just calculated my due date (haven't been to the Dr. yet) and it's showing as August 30th, so I'll join!

Is this your first baby? Yes!

Any symptoms so far? Light cramping, headaches, stuffy nose

When & how did you find out? I got my first faint BFP on a wondfo on Dec 15th (8dpo) and it was confirmed by the Dr. via blood test a few days later

What are you most excited for? Long term - being a mom (duh)
    Short term - finally 'coming out' to friends and family so I can stop all the pretending and secrecy!

What are you least excited for? The extra expenses and sleep deprivation

13. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Modern Daisy: Welcome! yay! I really hate the stuffy nose. Who knew that would be a pregnancy symptom. hmph.

14. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@.twist.: Thanks! Yes, the stuffy nose has been super-annoying. I know it could be much worse though, so I'm hesitant to complain about it but I sure would sleep a whooole lot better if my nose would just stop being stuffy!

15. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

@lawbee11 I'm also 8 weeks on Sunday! Woo hoo! Due date 8/18/2013?

16. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Modern Daisy: welcome! I'm also having the stuffy nose thing. Doesn't help that our house is super dry (we heat with wood which sucks all the moisture out of the air). I've actually been using those breathe right strips at night, which really helps me sleep.

17. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Modern Daisy: @JamieLee: If you girls are looking for any relief, I've been trying breathe right strips at night and that really clears me up so I can get a good nights sleep.

18. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@JamieLee: Thank you! Actually, the day I confirmed the pregnancy I felt so awful (I also had the flu) that I made DH go to the drugstore and buy every type of breathe right strips they sold! I find they are tough to keep on though, even if I get it to stick well right away I always wake up a few hours later and it's peeled off.

19. lawbee11

@.twist.: Glad everything went well at your appointment!

@Modern Daisy: Yay! Welcome & congrats!!

@greenebee: Yep--8/18! It may change once I have an u/s, but for now that's what it is!

20. Alivoo01

@Modern Daisy: Welcome to the boards!!

@.twist.: That site you posted was super helpful. I'm over here scribbling notes like crazy. haha! I love that she compares a variety!

21. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: Yep! I loved that too, she did all the grunt work and all I have to do is decide which one I like best. hahaha

22. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Modern Daisy: Welcome! We're almost due date twins, I'm the 29th!

23. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@Mrs D: Thanks! Hooray for DD twins!!

24. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

@ Mrs D and @ Modern Daisy...Due date triplets! I'm due August 31st! What if I get bumped into the September board!? Yikes!

25. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

so i had mu first u/s last friday, officially im due 8/15/13. however, im having a scheduled c-section(since i had one with my first, and it's unlikely i can deliver vaginally) so i will have LO anytime between 8/8/13 and 8/15/13. i'm leaning towards 8/8 since i went 6 days past my due date the first time, and was not pleasent! lol we saw/heard the heartbeat, which is always amazing!

hope you ladies are feeling/doing well. sorry i'm not on here much. DS has been sick since christmas with a fever and yet ANOTHER ear infection(3rd in 4 months) so it's been a little hectic.

@Mrs Bicycle: it can happen! haha. i went from an april 2012 mama to a May 2012 mama. i was due 4/26/12 and had him 5/2.

26. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Modern Daisy: I have the best luck with the strips if I wash my face right before I put one on and make sure my nose is really dry.

27. lawbee11

Y'all, I have a serious problem. I just POAS again for about the hundredth time!! I am 40 dpo and still peeing on sticks!! Someone needs to confiscate them from me.

28. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: lol!!! I think right now we're all a little crazy! The amount of times I grope myself in a day is probably dangerous!!

29. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@.twist.: @lawbee11: I'm right there with you...I frantically check all tp for any signs of blood bc I am am totally paranoid...even middle of the night I turn on the light to check that nothing is there...total issues...

30. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: haha if I roll over in the middle of the night and notice my boobs hurt I totally smile in my half sleep.

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Ocean girl: @marissamakes: @Modern Daisy: Welcome Ladies! Congratulations!

@Ocean girl: If I'm just sitting, then I get terribly cold. The second I move around, I get a hotflash. There's no winning!

@Mrs D: How big was the "hardened uterus"? I went looking for it, but didn't find anything and then it occurred to me that it might be much smaller than I expected.

@.twist.: That website - I love you. 'Nuff said. I'm glad your appointment went well. Did the spotting stop?

I think I'm not drinking enough. I'm getting massive headache and when it's combined with the gaggy nausea feeling, it's downright unpleasant. But I just went out for drinks and downed 3 diet cokes. I feel so much better. I work in a lab, and can't drink in there, but maybe I'll just have to chug a lot when I have breaks.

I also had my freakout moment this morning, where I felt no symptoms (and knew better than to freak out too). Didn't last long, this has been the worst day for nausea yet.

32. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@marissamakes: @Modern Daisy: welcome!!

@.twist.: so glad to hear everything went ok at your appointment :).

@Mrs Bicycle: I happened to me, I'm teetering between July and August, but I bet it'll be August since its my first.

Going to stop by target and home goods this morning and see if they have any good deals on baby gear.

33. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

So I haven't actually gotten sick yet but my nausea has been pretty bad, especially when I'm hungry. Today was the closest I've come to losing it...my hubby is a builder and he had a trailer of construction waste. I came with him to the dump because we're going to Home Depot after to look at screen doors. Well, the last time I went with him, it was a place that just took construction waste so it wasn't too bad. That place closed so he goes to a new place that is all kinds of garbage. It's a big enclosed building full of trash...I'm sitting here gagging! It's so stinky! Not to mention I haven't had breakfast yet and it's 10:30...this was a terrible idea!

I'm sure this will be funny looking back on it, as long as I don't lose it on the pavement!

34. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Been AWOL for a little while - look at all the new August mamas! How exciting!
    My nausea's in full swing, and I gag really frequently (no puking though). I'm also starving ALL THE TIME. For me, its mainly been savoury things - Mexican food, and anything with cheese (I'm lactose intolerant normally!).

Had my first appointment with the midwives on Wednesday, and she bumped my due date back a day (August 8). I go for my dating ultrasound next Friday, because my cycles were so wonky before this BFP. So who knows - it might be pushed even later!

I LOVE all of my symptoms though. They're horrible, but I'm thankful for the constant reminders that there's a baby in there.

35. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@JamieLee: oh no! Hopefully you got out of there without incident.... Although it is a dump so if you do have to barf just find a pile of junk to do it on! hehe

@redsmarties: I had a taco salad for lunch yesterday, it was so incredibly delicious and I can't stop thinking about how much I'd love another one right now. Starving ALL the time as well!!!

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Oh boy...I think my nausea is getting worse before it gets better...I hope I can survive this week of work.

Also, because I feel so bad that DH has suffered lately in the food department (my meals this weekend were grilled cheese, PBJ and pancakes) I prepared a pot roast in the crock pot this morning for him for dinner tonight...WOW...I literally was choking down air while making it - its safe to say meat totally grossed me out right now...ugh!

37. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Wahoo!! Yes I worry about getting bumped to Sept as well, but I guess it isn't something we can control (although we can hope for!!)

38. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

@ mrs d. I feel you! This morning was the first time I knelt next to the toilet...ready to surrender. Fortunately nothing happened! However, I've been queasy at work all morning. I keep thinking of this glorious everything bagel I ate yesterday. It was heavenly!

How's everyone else feeling? I'm just dying waiting for my first MD appointment. Is it common to hear a heart beat at 9 months?

39. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Ahh months! I mean weeks!

40. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: The spotting has stopped! Which is a TOTAL relief! Glad you like the website, I have found it soooooo useful in helping create a tentative registry list.

@Mrs D: I feel the same way about meals. We've been getting take out way more than we should. I made DH a nice dinner over the weekend (although... he did have to go get a few ingredients for me to make it! haha)

@Mrs Bicycle: I think they say 9 weeks you can hear the heart beat, just depends on where your placenta is.

AFM, I'm doing well, my morning sickness seems to be limited to the mornings and mostly while brushing my teeth. ugh! Has anyone else been finding it hard to get to sleep or stay asleep? Even though I was so tired last night I didn't get to sleep until after 11pm. Previous nights, I can get to sleep fine but then wake up and toss and turn! I'm usually a dead sleeper so this has been really frustrating!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee