Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Labor & Deliveries!

1. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yaaay! Hope it goes well!

2. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: So exciting! Wishing you a fast and easy labor!!!

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yay!!!!!! Good luck, can't wait to hear about it

4. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Good luck girl!!! You got this! Can't wait to hear all about baby!

5. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@OhCaptain: they don't like 140/90 or higher. I am bouncing around 138/90 to 160/100. But no protein in the urine and blood is fine, so it's just hypertension and not pre-eclampsia.

I ate some late lunch, and got my first dose of cytotec. I had dilated maybe a smidgen more to 1.5cm between my appointment and now, so that's good. New dose every 4 hours through the night, fingers crossed it works!

6. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: congrats!!!
    @Mrs. Microscope: good luck!!!

7. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: thanks! Good luck with the cytotec! Maybe you'll be able to skip pitocin all together!

8. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: good luck! Glad you got some food in your tummy too!

9. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: Yay, congratulations!

@Mrs. Microscope: Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear your update with good news!

10. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Good luck!

11. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: good luck!!!

12. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Still just chilling... But I'm in labor now, so that's progress! Hopefully baby will be here tonight or tomorrow morning early, but who knows!

12 babies were born here last night, and I checked in before all of them. I feel like Rachel in the episode of Friends when she has Emma and feels like it's never her turn to have a baby. But no shared room, and no janice!

13. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: glad things going well so far! Inductions can be marathon-like (at least mine felt that way). You got this! Baby will be here before you know it!

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: thank god for no Janice!!!! OH MYYYYY GAAAWWD!

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Your turn is coming!! Wishing you luck

16. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Had my turn! Baby girl arrived August 1st at 11:02pm. Finalized name and birth story to be posted tomorrow. We are so in love with our tiny nugget

17. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congratulations! Can't wait to read your birth story! Enjoy the snuggles!

18. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: congrats!!! Can't wait to hear more!

19. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congratulations!!!

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congrats!!! Enjoy those newborn snuggles!

21. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: congrats!!

22. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: hooray! Congrats

23. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Hooray! Can't wait to read!

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: congratulations!!!! soooo happy for you!

25. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

26. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: congrats congrats!!!!

27. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yay! Congrats!!

28. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: YAYYYYY!! Can't wait to hear!

29. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

30. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Thrilled for you!! Congratulations, can't wait to hear all about her!

31. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congratulations!!

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Thanks everyone! Penelope Danielle arrived August 1, 11:02pm after 30.5 hours of labor.

Friday at my 38 week appointment I got diagnosed with gestational hypertension and was shipped across the street to the hospital for monitoring. 3 hours later, no change so I was admitted. DH left work and grabbed our gear and once he arrived we started cytotec. It worked right away and I only needed 2 of 4 doses to contract enough to start pitocin. Stalled out at 4cm after 24 hours of labor, broke my water, and BAM! Contractions went from pain 5 to 9-11 within minutes! Called our doula, and resumed walking. 1 hour of torture later still 4cm, I got my epidural and was able to relax. Got to a 10 only 4 hours later, labored down an hour then pushed maybe 10 sets? Baby was born in great position, except for her hand on her face, which came out with her head! 6lbs, 3.6oz 20inches long, much smaller than we expected! Minimal tearing, feeling great today, and enjoying our family of 3!

I can't seem to add a photo from my phone, but I will post some when we get home! Trust me, she's gorgeous! But I am biased...

33. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Ahh! Amazing! As I was reading along, it sounded similar to the trajectory my labour took and I was hoping the end wasn't a c-section for you. So glad it all came together!! Adorable name! Welcome baby Penelope!!

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: yay! What a great birth story!!

35. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congrats! Reminds me of DD's birth story as well. Hope you are resting/recovering from such a long labor and can't wait to see pictures when you are home and settled.

36. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures

37. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Hi ladies! Isla Brooke arrived this morning at 4.43am August 3rd (only 4.5 hours past her due date) labor started at midnight, was 8cm when my midwife arrived and had to go by ambulance because the car ride would have taken too long. Isla is 8lbs 15oz (much bigger then the 7lbs 3oz I was predicting!) and only a first degree tear which didn't require stitching. We're currently at the birth center where we'll stay 48 hours before going home. Dd1 met her sister but didn't seem overly fussed but gave plenty of kisses

38. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsStar: congrats!!

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsStar: Wow! Congrats!

40. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsStar: Wow!!! Very fast and wonderful sounding labour and delivery. Congrats!! Love her name

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee