Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

First day of school here in NYC!! My feet are killing me and dealing with all the new students at my school has me worn out!!!

Good news is I had a Dr appt this morning and baby has moved from breech at head down. I forgot to ask but I am hoping that means he won't move back to breech??? . Did the glucose test and it didn't taste so bad. 3rd trimester here we come? !?!

2. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: yay for being done with the move!!! FX you have a great appointment tomorrow

I have my GD test on Monday. I failed the first time my last pregnancy but passed the 3 hour. I do not want to do the 3 hour so I'm hoping I pass it the first try this time.

LO had her first day of her Montessori program this week. She'll be going 3 days a week for 3 hours. I am so excited bc I can get so much done while she's at school. I've been running errands like crazy and am getting excited about getting the house all organized.

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I was not aware, so it is def something I'm calling about this weekend!!!!!!

4. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@magnolia: Happy first day back! I'm a zombie every night, those kiddos wear me out

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

My GD test is not until the 19th..... is that late? I'll almost be 28 weeks

6. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@sandy: that is awesome!! I need to look for a program here STAT!

@FaithFertility: not late! It's done between 24-28 wks.

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee:

8. winniebee

@magnolia: awesome news about baby flipping!

9. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Miss Ariel: I remember mine being complicated like that too. It was hard to find a supplier that was on my insurance's list that actually sold breast pumps. And then I had to get a prescription from my doctor. It was such a hassle.

@magnolia: Oh my gosh, I would NOT want to be a teacher and be pregnant. Do you have to stand most of the day? I'd die!

@sandy: Fingers crossed that you pass the 1 hour glucose test!

@FaithFertility: My glucose test is also on the 19th. I'll be 28 weeks. That's the normal time to take it!

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: I know I'll have good company here! Knock on wood, but at this point I really just don't want to have to take the 3 hour test. It sounds miserable!!

@magnolia: Yuck - I bet you're just pooped at the end of the day. That's great about baby's position! I have no idea what it means at this point - do they still flip around? The hiccups I've been feeling have been super low right around my pelvis, so I'm hoping that means my little guy is head down as well.

@sandy: I really don't want to take the 3 hour either!! It sounds so horrible, particularly since I'd be doing it in the morning when I'm still feeling sick. Yuck. And that's great about your LO starting her program! Hopefully you can get lots done, and have some good time to yourself

@FaithFertility: Yeah, like others have said, I think my OB's office said they generally do it between 24-28 weeks, so that seems normal.

11. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

I can't believe we are all finally heading toward the third trimester!! Hurry up December!

@FaithFertility: I'm not having my test until 10-2 and I'll be 28 weeks + 3 days

Is anyone else feeling the shortness of breath? It feels like my breaths are not satisfying. Not fun!

12. Adira

@whenoceansrise: I definitely feel like I'm getting winded more easily. Started taking the elevator instead of the stairs at work...

13. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@cheert16: Ahh! That's it, I'm going to buy the stuff this weekend and I WILL have a bath!

@MISS ARIEL: Ugh how annoying though! At least there's plenty of time!

@MAGNOLIA: At my appt today (26+4) she is breech but the tech said there's def still plenty of time till they assume their final position

@MamaG: So I had an appt today and I am now prescribed meds since I can't get my fasting # to under 90 (it's been under 95). The good thing is I think I lost weight since my last appt haha!

14. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I've had that for a while now! I can barely completely a walk w/ the dog esp it's still humid here! I always feel like I can't breathe!

15. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: @snowjewelz: Man, I don't even have to be doing anything. I can just be sitting down and feel like breathing is a lot of work!

16. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: He must be high up! I felt like that for a little while like the whole placenta is pushing up against my lungs. I'd try to take a deep breath but couldn't!

17. Adira

@magnolia: @snowjewelz: I think my OB said they still have plenty of room to switch positions and go from breech to head down (and vice-versa) until ~32 weeks.

18. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: Yeah, that's what I thought. I feel his movement pretty high up

19. Adira

@whenoceansrise: My boy is low I think. He keeps kicking my bladder.

20. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yep she moved down and now I gotta peeeee alll day everyday!

21. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, welcome to my world!! I feel like I'm constantly rushing to the restroom!

22. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yeah I totally feel that now... I guess she had been kinda high up all along till the past week! It's like the feeling of you gotta go even if you JUST went...

23. Adira

@snowjewelz: Ugh, yes! And then you try going and there's basically nothing there because you JUST went but you still feel like you have to go!

24. winniebee

My ultrasound today went well - my cervix is still nice and long no signs of preterm labor. The baby is now breech but I guess there is plenty of time for him to flip back. He looks great though - on the smaller side which is no surprise! Ultrasound the also said my placenta is way in the back so it's no surprise I'm having crazy movement. I go back again in 3.5 wks for another ultrasound to check on cervix and baby's growth.

I gained 4 lbs in 3 weeks (14 lbs total just shy of 25w). I cut sweets on Monday (was having them absolutely every day) so hopefully that helps slow things down.

Oh and I just love my new OB practice!

25. snowjewelz

@winniebee: That's great that you love the practice! And you gained so little weight! I def gained like 20 by now, but since I'm on my GD diet I have lost some of that and hopefully will not gain much...!

26. Adira

@winniebee: Glad to hear your u/s went well!! Bummer he's breech, but it's still early, so not a big deal yet! And I'm impressed with your 14 lb total weight gain. I think I've gained around 25...

27. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Interesting that they are targeting 90, my fasting target is 95. Are you taking glyburide? How are you feeling about it? For me medicine has been a relief, I don't have to stress as much every morning and beat myself up

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: Yah, for a very positive appointment. It's got to be a relief to hear that you don't appear to be heading for pre-term labor.

29. snowjewelz

@MamaG: That sounds like whaty she prescribed! I have to pick it up tomorrow. I agree with you; since there's really nothing I can do to lower my fasting # and this will help, I'm all for it!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: I get winded easily; I think it's the combination of regular ol' asthma + intestines/stomach/baby pushing up against my lungs.

@Adira: @snowjewelz: Ha, my little guy is low too. He is constantly hanging out on my bladder, and punching super low!

@winniebee: Yay for a good ultrasound! So good to hear about your cervix; I'm (probably irrationally) worried about pre-term labor, so that's great to hear that there aren't signs of pre-term labor for you! And I'm so glad you love your new place; it must have been really stressful finding a new practice mid-pregnancy. I think your weight gain also sounds right about on track? 14 lb total gain so far is awesome. I have no idea where I'm at now in terms of weight gain!

31. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@magnolia: Happy first day back!

@FaithFertility: Mine is at 28 weeks

@whenoceansrise: I'm definitely more easily winded. I feel so out of shape huffing and puffing up the stairs (I'm exaggerating a little bit )

@winniebee: Sounds like a great ultrasound! So glad you loved the new practice.

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Couldn't hold out waiting any longer and called my doctor's office - my glucose results were normal. I'm very relieved, since my grandfather had diabetes and I was worried that made me predisposed to GD! I've been eating more sweets than normal the last few days, though, so I need to do better about cutting those out.

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend??

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

I've got shortness of breath too, baby's just taking up too much room. He's been moving a lot lately and it's so fun to feel.

My glucose test is next Monday, I'll be almost 28 wks. I should really cut back on the sweets, been doing really bad! 2 scotcheroos yesterday and 2 choc. chip cookies today for lunch.

I think I'm right around 14 lbs for total weight gain so far, but I feel like I'm eating a ton, so worried I may gain too much... Although I've been cleared to gain 30-35 lbs since I was underweight to start.

Baby shower invites going out Monday! My shower is October 4th, early in order to avoid my cousin's wedding October 25th, and didn't want to have it too late just in case.

Weekend plans - Garth Brooks tomorrow! One of hubbie's bucket list items. Hope this baby likes country music.

34. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: Yay! Glad your test results were normal!
    @josina: Ahh, I can't wait for our shower! I hope you get lots of things you need!

35. snowjewelz

@josina: I don't think it matters how your diet is before since they're testing if your body can break down that glucose from that drink in an hour. So actually, eat up?! lol

36. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: Have fun at the Garth concert. I saw him back in his prime circa 1993'ish? It was an amazing concert. I'm sure he'll be just as wonderful now.

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@josina: Fun!! Have an awesome time at the concert. And so exciting about your shower invites going out! Yay. My shower is actually next weekend - it's early because I am flying out to the West coast for it, and wanted to make sure I wasn't too huge and could comfortably fly.

@whenoceansrise: I know, I was pretty relieved! Mainly because I can't imagine going through the three hour test! Fasting beforehand sounds horrible.

@snowjewelz: Yeah, I'm actually sort of unclear on how it works, since some doctors tell you to not eat before the 1 hour, and some tell you that it's fine to eat. Very interesting!

38. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Mine told me not to eat but I've heard otherwise too. I think as long as you didn't inhale 6 donuts or had an XL sugary starbucks frap or something right before, OR you only ate dinner at like 7pm and never ate anything for the next 12 hours... You should be fine! I think the main thing they look for is how well your body is processing that bottle of glucose within the hour..

39. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

My dr. told me to eat normal as well; and my appt. is at 1 so I will be eating lunch prior! I'll still try and stay away from the Subway cookies right before.

I'm not a huge Garth fan anymore, but he was the first 'cassette tape' I ever owned! Craziness, lol.

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Mine told me to eat before, but to avoid sugary stuff. The drink itself was gross, but not as bad as I was expecting!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee