Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

mine told me to make an appointment first thing in the morning and to come in fasting- so nothing to eat or drink after midnight. weird how so many doctors are different!

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Great apt! I'm glad all isl looking great!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: My doctor said I could eat, but stay away from sugar, No OJ was her big stress! So I'm thinking a few eggs and water

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Oh as far as my GD test there were no fasting restrictions. I had it at 945 and had just eaten a banana. Couldn't drink anything but water during the fasting hour though. Same as last time.

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: My lady is low too, I feel little punches right in my bladdert sometimes to the side!

6. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MamaG: THANK YOU!!!! That link is exactly what I needed. I knew there had to be something like that, but hadn't been able to find it. Thanks so much for pointing the way!!

7. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: Me too! I remember buying his In Pieces album in 4th grade so I could listen to it on a place flight for our summer vacation.

8. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: While cleaning out a closet today, I found my ticket stub, it was 1996! Now how or why I've been carrying that around for 18 years is beyond me.

@Miss Ariel: I'm glad it was helpful, I had seen that link somewhere on HB previously, but really couldn't say for certain who had posted it.

I did get a very quick call from Aeroflow letting me know that I qualify but not until 30 days before delivery. Since I have a scheduled c-section they will call me again at 30 days prior and go over my options with me.

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm so overwhelmed going through C's old clothes. Even though they will be different seasons, I'm pretty sure we need virtually nothing for the first year. There are so many clothes that I found that I can't recall C ever wearing. Clearly there is a shopping problem in our family. Now I just need to stay away from Carters, Gymboree, Kohls, etc. Sale or not, we really don't need anything!

10. winniebee

@MamaG: i hear you! We just took Ts clothes out of storage when we moved and I can't recall this many bins of stuff! We are completely off season but I'm just going to try to get by for a few months. Oh and between my mom and I the new baby has at least 10 new one pieces and sleepers....so definitely need to stop with that.

11. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Hi ladies. I'm 27 weeks - does that mean I'm tri 3 now? So exciting. My house sale fell through which sucks but we have found another now, I'm really hoping we have enough time to get in before baby come!!! I went on a quilting course yesterday and have started a quilt for baby's room. I'm Impressed with myself as I am not a confident sewer!

12. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Me too! High Five! My Ovia app still says I'm in 2nd... I think 3rd is next week?? I just can't believe it's pretty much here

That looks so nice!! I have ZERO DIY/arts & crafts skills in me lol I can't wait to see the finished product!

Weekend is always hard for me to control GD esp if we're out all day and busy... Two of my #s were kinda high, but oh well. I hope I don't get yelled at my the dietician today!

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: Yeah, mine stressed the no-juice ahead of time, also.

@MamaG: I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed with all the clothes, but that's great you won't need to buy much, if any!

@winniebee: But baby clothes are so much fun to buy! Hopefully even though you're off seasons, you still have plenty to get through. Sounds like you're pretty set too, though! I need to get more sleepers, I think. It's so hard to know in terms of how big they'll be and how fast they'll grow!

@Mrs.Lilac: That sucks about the house, but it's great you found another one! And that quilt is looking beautiful I can't wait to see the finished version!!

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Just FYI.. I changed my name from littlek.. Is anyone else getting weird sensations.. I'm trying to tell if it's my muscles stretching or BH.. they don't hurt and I don't think my stomach is tightening. just weird little pings every once in awhile...

15. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Also, did anyone else fail the 1 hour test? I have to go back for 3 hour test at the end of the month?

16. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@BandDmommy: so happy to see you back here friend

I just did my glucose test this morning so I'll let you know - I failed the 1 hour my first pregnancy but passed the 3 hour so hopefully that's the case for you...FX!

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sandy: I'm so bummed I past when I was pregnant with B.

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: So good to see you back!! I've been wondering how you've been. Hmm, I have stomach tightening/some stretching, but I think it is BH? I have no idea, actually. The only kind of pinging-like sensation that I've had is the hiccups, although that isn't exactly pinging.

Sorry about the test, too I'm sure it will go fine at the three hour, but it's annoying that you have to do it.

19. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Sorry to hear about the house stress! That quilt looks beautiful so far! I've been on a major knitting spree (mostly to help me relax) and I really wish I had a sewing machine so I could sew some things too. I'd love to see the quilt when it is done!

@BandDmommy: Welcome back! I've been getting strange pains and stretching feelings in my belly lately, but I'm guessing it is mostly due to a growth spurt or something as I feel like my belly exploded over the past couple of days. Sorry about your 1 hour test too! I hope the 3 hour one goes well! I don't have my test for a couple weeks still and I'm terrified I won't pass like last time.

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: omg amazing quilt!!!!! My app says 3rd tri @28weeks but Sunday I'm 27 weeks and it is Sept 14th, baby is due Dec 14th to me that is 3 months...so I say yes!!!!

@BandDmommy: Glad to see you back Yes, I have tight little pings/pressure but it comes and goes so quickly and is not painful, I also at times think the pressure is her flipping/moving low?.....
    Sorry about your 1hr test, I pray you pass the 3hr!!!!

21. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Yay you're back! I definitely feel pressure/pings/tightening/cramps and I'm pretty sure they're BH! And I failed my 1 hour test so badly that I just got diagnosed w/ GD right away. I hope you pass the 3 hour one!

Had my 2nd GD appt yesterday and the dietician was very nice! She said my #s were pretty good, and I knew exactly what I ate wrong the few times my #s were too high. I still have to test 4x a day for now tho, and go back again in 2 weeks... So now I literally have doctor's appt every week!

In happier news, invitations for my baby shower were sent out! I'm a little OCD so I've been inserting myself in the planning, stressing out about everything lol!

22. winniebee

@Mrs.Lilac: wow I'm impressed the quilt is so pretty!

@BandDmommy: glad to see you back. I have we rods twinges and pulls and sensations (as well as tons of bh contractions). I think it's all normal unless you are getting them very consistently and they are painful. good luck with the 3 hr!

23. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: Welcome back! Sorry you have to take the 3 hour test, but I'm hoping you pass it!

@Mrs.Lilac: I love that quilt!

24. winniebee

@snowjewelz: I'm glad you like the counselor. It sounds like you are getting great care.

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I'm a few days shy of 3rd trimester (27 weeks, 5 days) but man am I tired. My days of energy are GONE.

26. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Thanks for the nice comments. I know GD isn't the end of the world and for many people it's a blessing in disguise. Silver lining!!!

27. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I'm 28 weeks today - hello 3rd trimester! I'm kind of freaking out how fast the time flying this pregnancy. I'm now in full on nesting mode and trying to get the entire house organized before baby gets here.

So far I have reorganized our office and the whole document storage system we had - it's so much more organized. And LO's closet is pretty much reorganized with all her fall clothes out in the next size but I'm anxious to pack away all the summer stuff (we're still having 80 degree days which is pretty rare for Seattle in September). Next I'm going to redo LO's playroom and clear out the junk she's accumulated (freebies, party favors, etc) and reorganize everything in her bins/cubbies - I will be so excited when it's all done!

28. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sandy: you go girl!!!

29. winniebee

@sandy: sounds awesome! Way to go!

30. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Yes... I def have to look at the silver lining ever since I was diagnoised! It's only been like, a week and it feels like forever. But it has opened my eyes to nutrition; I realized that even when I thought I was eating healthy, I really wasn't! There is so much sugar in everything And I realized I def eat too much carbs. I do love eating super healthy & I've lost weight since! Hopefully this will really control my weight gain till the end. But of course, I hope you pass still b/c it's a pain in the butt to record everything & poke yourself daily and have extra appts!

31. snowjewelz

@sandy: Yay congrats!! I'm 27 so it's def daunting on me that it's inching closer!

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Yay for your shower invites going out! And that's great you had a good meeting with your nutritionist. It sounds like a pain, but you're in good hands, and hopefully you can get down to pricks just 2x a day soon.

@BandDmommy: I'm 27w5d too, and exhausted! Although I think it has more to do with the fact that I've consistently been waking up around 3am and not falling asleep again for another hour or so. Not fun.

@sandy: Nice!! Sounds like you've been super productive. Go you!! (And what the heck?! My mom did not tell me it's been so nice in Seattle recently! That's crazy-nice weather. I'm from Seattle originally ).

33. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@theotherstark: sleep has been so bad lately!!! DH has been working till midnight or later lately and he wakes me up when he gets home. So, that plus my normal pee breaks have lead to awful sleep.

34. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Love the quilt! It looks great!

@BandDmommy: Glad to see you back! I've been having a lot of BH, so different than you're describing. It's hard not to stress out over all the different sensations. Sorry about the 1 hour test I did mine yesterday and I'm a little nervous! Hope the next one goes well for you. It sounds like it's pretty common not to pass the first one.

@snowjewelz: Yay for baby shower invites! So much fun and it makes all of this seem so real!

35. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@theotherstark: @BandDmommy: Ugh, I'm having a hard time with sleep too! I sleep ok until 3 or so and then I feel like I'm waking up every 20 minutes to look at the clock and roll over (not at easy task). All of that plus the bathroom breaks and I feel worse when I wake up than I did when I went to sleep. Lots of back pain too, I think partially not from sleeping well. Hope you guys have some more restful nights ahead!

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Yesterday was a big day for me and baby boy! Passed the 28 week mark and had three appointments (glucose test, ultrasound and OB). I'm still waiting on the results from my glucose test (fingers crossed!) but my ultrasound was great, which was such a relief. We've been worried about baby's kidneys since my anatomy scan and gone back for a few follow ups but at this scan they looked totally normal! The tech called them "tiny tiny - perfect kidneys" They said I don't even need another scan unless something else comes up. We're thrilled!

My OB appointment went well too. I told her how huge I'm feeling, but she said I weigh less now than I did at this point in my last pregnancy, so that made me smile. She wants to see me every two weeks because of my prior history (delivered early because of pre-e and hellp syndrome). The extra appointments are tough with juggling a toddler, but obviously I'm happy to keep a close eye on baby boy!

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: Are we the same person?! Haha. (My husband has been working long hours lately, and getting home around that time too.) Sorry you haven't been sleeping well, though. Thankfully I haven't been getting up to pee a lot; it's just the random few wake-ups a night that I can't get back to sleep afterwards that are killer.

@MrsF: Bah, I'm sorry. And yes, the turning over at this point is getting trickier!!

I am lucky I just sit at a desk all day though. I can't imagine running around after a toddler when I'm this exhausted, like both of you!

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsF: that's great news about LOs kidneys!!!

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsF: Oh, I'm so glad to hear that your ultrasound went well, and that the little guy's kidneys look great!! Yay, good news

40. winniebee

@MrsF: what a great appt!!!!

@BandDmommy: I'm 2 weeks behind you but moving and unpacking and chasing T have been kicking my ass. Knock on wood but I've been sleeping better (one pee break minimal tossing and turining without unisom!) Bc I think I'm just so spent come 930 pm! Afternoons around 330-5 are pretty tiring too. That's when I usually go for a diet coke

Passed my GD test! But have low iron. Doctor told me to up dietary iron intake and see if that helps and they will recheck in 2 wks. If not better then then will go on a supplement. Might account for my fatigue.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee