Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@theotherstark: I know it. The first weeks where you don't really feel pregnant are so strange and a little unsettling!

2. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@chicalgobee: I'm dumb and didn't even know I had a wall! I got your message and replied -- thanks

3. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@missybear: it took me a while to learn that too!! That's why I wanted to make sure you saw it:-).

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Just wanted to say that my boobs have been KILLING me the last few days!! I thought they were bad before, but man!!

Also, I was super constipated yesterday, and after I had a BM I had a swipe of slightly (very slightly!) pink-tinged CM It was only that once, and very very faint, nothing since. I'm hoping it was just because of the, erm, straining? Sorry for the tmi. It just freaked me out. Trying not to worry about it, though. I'm not cramping as much as I was a few days ago, so I guess that is good too??

How is everyone feeling? I'm hoping this thread will start to ramp up soon as more and more December mommas join!!

5. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

Cautiously joining but so excited to be pregnant! We've been trying since last January with one missed miscarriage in there. I just got my bfp on my first cycle of Napro treatments!

EDD: December 8th

When Did You Find Out?: Yesterday at 8 dpo! Positive digital this morning and I went in for a beta and progesterone level check last night. I'll get the results today!

Child Number: 2

Where do you live?: NH

What kind of provider will you see?: I go to a mixed OB and widwife practice. I will also see a high risk OB.

When's Your First Appointment?: First beta last night! I already had an appointment lined up for 4/4, we'll see if they want me to keep it. I'll go in a little earlier and often because I had a missed miscarriage last June and we were dealing with infertility since!

What kind of birth do you want?: Exactly like my first would be great!

What You're Most Excited For: my son being a big brother! A squishy newborn, being due 8 days after my best friend, everything really!

What You're Most Scared About: Another missed miscarriage! Another whole first trimester with a toddler!

Symptoms so far: I'm on progesterone supplements so my symptoms are mainly from those I think, but nausea and fatigue.

Post a picture... any picture!

6. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@theotherstark: my practice doesn't do blood confirmation either unless there's a reason. With my son I didn't have any confirmation until 11 weeks! It was so nerve racking!

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cram88: Yay, congratulations and welcome!! I am sorry to hear about your earlier mc, but I'm so glad you're here with your sticky BFP!!!

Yes, it's super nerve-wracking!! I'm glad that I can at least go to my PCP this next Tuesday, and she'll do a blood confirmation, etc. I'm hoping she can also maybe check my prog levels.

8. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@theotherstark: Oh my gosh my boobs are killing me too! I can't even imagine them getting any bigger either... I'm already a 32DDD to start with. And I have a smaller frame, so they are just going to be out of control. Or maybe my body will decide they're big enough and don't need to grow more? (pretty pretty please??)... Don't worry about your pink CM, I've heard that's very common after dealing with some constipation

@cram88: Yay, welcome!! So excited to see you here. I'm really sorry to hear about your MC, but it's so fantastic that you are here now! Your mixed midwife/OB practice sounds amazing! I was wanting something similar to that, but was so overwhelmed by my options that I just picked an OB who got great reviews and was within the same group as my PCP so I could easily get a referral.

As for me, this morning I had my Drs appt, which was so great! I mean, it was shorter, but I got my first batch of betas done, so fun! I was just glad I didn't pass out. Last time I had blood drawn, I definitely passed out. Which is weird, because that had never happened to me before. Thankfully, I was all good this time. I should hear back my results by Monday, and then I will get a referall to my OB! I'm a little nervous that they will tell me that my numbers aren't high enough or something, just based off when my LMP was. They didn't even ask when I ovulated. So my numbers will be much lower than they would be based off my LMP, since I didn't O until cd23... but at least I know and can tell them and take in my chart if I need to.

I am having crazy woman hot flashes as well! I just have been feeling really warm, and wasn't sure if it was due to nauseau or what, or maybe all in my head, but then when they took my temp at the doctor, it was 99.3!! Guess my little poppy seed is trying to stay nice and cozy... Glad I won't be my biggest during the summer, since this is how warm being a baby-maker makes you! Other than that, just some slight cramping every once in a while, I feel super out of it and wish I could sleep for all the days, and my stomach is a little funky. Really it's just thinking of warm cooked meat that creeps me out. I ate tuna last night, not even thinking, and am worried about my little poppy seed getting mercury poisoning now. and my face wash has salcylic acid, so I hope I'm not doing everything wrong. I'm a nervous wreck every time I go to the restroom that there will be blood, but my two lines keep getting darker so I think I just need to relax. I have to throw a bridal shower on Saturday, so I'm hoping I can get plenty of rest before then!

Looking forward to having some more December mommas join us!

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@missybear: Haha! Glad I'm not the only one. I hope neither of ours grow any more. I put my dress on before work today and realized it was fairly tight up top. Yikes! Other than that, I don't have too many other symptoms, I don't think. I've just been pretty exhausted, get hungry a lot more, have some on and off cramping, and some little bouts of queasiness.

I'm so glad your doctor's appt went well! I'm sure your numbers will be fine.

Now you've made me all paranoid about my facial products!! Will definitely have to check those when I get home Ha. I also get super paranoid about checking for blood when I go to the bathroom. I think we just need to take a chill pill and let our little beans cook in there They're doing fine.

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Just an updated list!

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2)

Appointments

April 4: cram88
    April 24: theotherstark (u/s)
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag

11. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Wow, congrats, December mamas! I had a December 2011 baby and it was awesome Enjoy!!

12. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@cram88: Congratulations and welcome! How old is your first LO?

13. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I can't believe it's only been 2 days since my ! It's all I can think about! I'm having trouble knowing that I'm pregnant but not feeling pregnant. I do have sort of a low-level queasiness going on, but it might just be nerves. I don't even have a Dr's appointment yet (I don't get my work schedule until this weekend so I'll just wait until monday to call my OB). I didn't have an ultrasound scheduled until 12 weeks last time, but I had some bleeding at 8 weeks so they did an ultrasound then. I'm already thinking of begging them for an early u/s. I can't wait!!

Is anyone else subscribed to this thread but not getting notifications? I'll have to just check it more frequently!

14. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I'm joining!

EDD: 12/3/14

When Did You Find Out?: Monday night (14dpo)

Where do you live?: Seattle area

What kind of provider will you see?: OB

When's Your First Appointment?: April 29th

What kind of birth do you want?: not sure. I ended up with an unplanned c-section with my first and my recovery was awesome but it did take awhile for my milk to come in which may or may not have been related to the c-section. I'll have to discuss with my OB

What You're Most Excited For: finding out my LO is getting a baby brother or baby sister

What You're Most Scared About: all day nausea and fatigue while trying to take care of a toddler

Symptoms so far: none but the nausea didn't hit until week 6 last time

15. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

I got my first beta back today and it was 10.9! I'm not worried that it's low because I was only 8dpo but I think it's crazy that a digital was positive this morning! They are usually way less sensitive.

The plan is to do another beta and progesterone level Tuesday and then once my beta is high enough to see something she'll bring me in for an ultrasound. So appointments are up in the air for now and I canceled my April 4th one!

@MrsF: my little guy is 22 months and will be 2 in May! How old is yours?

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@cram88: My DD is almost 18 months and going through some major teething today. She's so miserable and I'm wondering how I'll do this with two kids! It'll be an adventure for sure

@sandy: welcome and congratulations!

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsF: Oh man, I know - I feel like it's all I can think about now! There is a little person growing in there! I hope they can get you in for an u/s earlier than 12 weeks - that seems like so long!

Oh, and I actually hadn't subscribed to the thread! I'll do it now to see if I receive notifications.

@sandy: Yay, congratulations again!! I've been wondering when you'd hop on over here So happy that you got your BFP! I'm from Seattle originally, so it feels like I have a bit of "home" on this board

@cram88: That sounds great for 8dpo! I can't believe the digital picked that up! I wonder how early you implanted.

18. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@theotherstark: I think 7dpo based off a dip on my chart! This is my third bfp and I've never gotten a positive this early. I'm on pins and needles until I actually miss my period!

19. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cram88: Wow, so early. I know how you feel - I breathed a little sigh of relief when my expected AF day came and went I'm still nervous, but it did feel like the first small hurdle.

It looks like we'll have some new people joining in another day or two!! Can't wait to see the number of December moms grow For now, I'll update the list, and will post a calendar (thanks for the idea, @Mrs.Panda: !) once we have a few more members.

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 3: Sandy (#2)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2)

Appointments

April 24: theotherstark (u/s)
    April 29: Sandy
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag

20. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@sandy: Welcome!! So glad to have you here

Ahh it feels so good to finally have AF's due date come and go, with no blood in sight. I just keep feeling like I'm imagining this! Even my husband asked if there was a chance the tests were ever wrong, because it just seems so bizarre especially given our timing! I'm wondering when it will actually sink in... or if it ever even will? Also struggling to sort out our budget, just deciding where we will be moving. We were already planning on getting another year long lease at an apartment, just not at the one we are in. So now, we are trying to figure out whether its better to have two bedrooms ina pretty horrible apartment, or if it's better to have a larger one bedroom in a nicer apartment. I think we are leaning toward a one bedroom (Are we crazy?!) because with our current lease up in June, the baby will only be 6 months old by the time we were to move again, and I don't feel like 6 months is too old to not have your own room? Don't many people have their babies sleep in their rooms for at least the first few months? I mean, it's not IDEAL, but... it would save us $500 a month, which would really help with student loans (that we were supposed to pay off before TTC, oops.) since I will be a SAHM. Or possibly a WOHM, if I can find an at-home job to do.

Other than that, I'm still feeling like I got hit by a train of exhaustion, and am tossing and turning all night. Hope this settles down at least for a little while so I can get some rest for the last time in the rest of my life!

How are all of you ladies doing??

21. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@missybear: I think you'd be fine with a one bedroom at first! We kept our first in with us for the first 4 or 5 months and many people do much longer. We are in a 2 bedroom now and I'm not in a huge rush to get anything bigger for a while because I know the baby can room will room with us at first!

22. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

EDD: 12/8/2014

When Did You Find Out?: This morning!

Where do you live?: suburb of DC

What kind of provider will you see?: same OB that delivered LO

When's Your First Appointment?: 4/28/14

What kind of birth do you want?: Doesn't matter as long as I have a healthy baby!

What You're Most Excited For: LO being a big brother

What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage, pre term labor

Symptoms so far: Super sense of smell and bloating

23. littlek

@sandy: so excited to be here with you!!!! Cycle buddies now EDD buddies!!!

24. littlek

So funny story, I asked B my little boy (22 months) this morning if he wanted a big brother or a big sister, he looked at me and said "both." Someone is a little ambitious.

25. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: B is hilarious! My LO says baby brother 99% of the time. The Chinese gender chart predicts boy for me. I am SOOOOO excited we both got our BFPs this cycle!!!! YAY!!!!

26. littlek

@sandy: my chinese gender predictor says boy too.

27. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

@littlek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally missed your announcement. ::squee:: so happy to see you on a due date thread!

28. littlek

@Sprite: thank you!! I just got my BFP this morning.. still in shock.

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@missybear: I could have written this post myself; we're currently trying to decide if we should stay in our one bedroom or not, too I think it should be fine, at least for the first 5 or 6 months. As @cram88: said, I think a lot of people keep baby in their room for a few months, at least.

@littlek: Yayayay! So happy to see you here! Congratulations again.

Haha, awww. B sounds hilarious. I'm wondering if anyone on this thread will have twins ...

@sandy: Chinese gender chart predicts boy for me, too! I wonder if your LO will be right

30. littlek

@theotherstark: We kept B in our room for 4 months. He was a preemie so I was paranoid about his breathing and I wanted to be right near him all the time.

31. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@littlek: congratulations, we're due date twins!

32. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@sandy: @littlek: eeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Just popping in to say congratulations to you ladies, I am so so THRILLED for you!!!

And congrats to all the other December mama's, as well from an October mama

33. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

Chinese gender chart says boy for me as well but it was wrong last time! I wouldn't mind if it was wrong this time too

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: Oh man. I'm really scared of early labor! Glad little B's okay, though

@cram88: Hmm, lots of potential boys in December!

Is anyone going to be Team Green??

35. littlek

@theotherstark: No team green here. We found out super early with B, around 13 weeks at his NT scan. I'm type A so I like planning.

FYI, I am going to get NOTHING done today and it's busy season... oh well, I have to work tomorrow anyway.

How many pregnancy tests has everyone taken? I've taken 2 so far. I am saving my digital for tomorrow to take in front of DH.

36. littlek

@cmbknyc: thank you!!!!

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: Um, I haven't gotten much done since I found out, and that was 6 days ago. I feel like it's all I can think about!

Yeah, when we first started talking about our TTC timeline a while ago, I had wanted to be Team Green. But my husband really wants to find out ahead of time, and now I don't think I could hold out. I have to know! I'm too type A as well.

Annnnd, to answer your question, I've taken 5 FRERs, 2 defective crappy CVS tests that had neither control nor test line, 1 digi, and 1 digi with weeks estimator. I'll probably take another FRER or two before my blood confirmation next Tuesday... I'm slightly embarrassed, but whatever.

38. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

congrats ladies! I'm also hoping to join this board in April!

39. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@littlek: I've taken too many to count! The first ones were a bunch of wondfos I didn't believe. Since that 3 frers, one digital and now I'm using up my wondfos. And I've already had one beta! We tried for so long I just don't believe it!

@theotherstark: while I'd like to be this time it's a no go with dh so we compromised with #3 being team green. I'll likely be doing the materniti21 test so we'll get to find out really early!

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Not team green here either. I'm totally type A about all of this stuff, I was just whining to DH on the phone that I want an ultrasound like NOW just to get a peek (yes, I know that's stupid).

I've taken 5 test so far: 2 crappy blue dye target brands that were negative, 2 digis and finally the third from the 3 pack of target tests came back positive. It makes me wonder a little about my dates that it took so long to get a though.

As far as symptoms I'm exhausted, a little queasy and I all day I've been smelling things that aren't there! I also just teared up a little at a Pampers commercial.

@littlek: congratulations!! I've been an occasional POAS thread lurker so I'm so happy for you! (sorry, that's creepy!)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee