Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@AngelicOne: congrats and welcome!!!

2. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Welcome everyone! I stepped away for a few days and this group grew quickly. I'm glad to see some more second time mom's join in.

I've been doing okay so far. Some mild cramping all weekend and my chest is getting sore. I got my results from my first blood draw and my progesterone and hcg levels were both good. I did a second draw for hcg to make sure it's rising appropriately, will have those results Monday.

I'm still feeling overwhelmed and fearful for life with a newborn again. Our LO, really doesn't understand. She says she wants a brother and then names a specific younger sibling from her school.

We had announcement photos done yesterday for our families and informed them all today. I wanted to wait longer but 5 days was as long as I could get DH to wait.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

So glad to see all these December mamas joining!

@MamaG: I'm definitely scared about having a newborn again too! M was such a colicky baby and it's hard to imagine doing that all again with a toddler as well. I'm so excited but there's a little anxiety mixed in there with it for sure!

I'm working overnights this weekend, so I'm exhausted for more than one reason . I've also been incredibly itchy for the last few days. I have no idea if it's pregnancy-related (it's so easy to imagine that everything is!). Has anyone else heard of / experienced this? I don't remember being itchy last time and it seems so early for that kind of a symptom!

4. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: that's great that your DH is so excited to announce!

Everyone else - who have you told? We haven't told anyone yet because I'd rather tell them in person. I'm sure we'll see my parents and my sister in the next week or so and we'll tell them then. We'll hold off on telling others though. Some members of my DH's side of the family are a little ... excitable.

5. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Hi all, since I outed myself on another thread, I thought I would join in! I am a previous IF sufferer, with my first pregnancy, this time around, we threw caution to the wind after I should have ovulated by normal cycle length/LP ... But here we are, with an unplanned but very wanted little bean. I am an NICU nurse, and have a 23 month old boy at home.

EDD: will need to wait for the dating scan (since this was a late O/oops baby), I assume around dec 11 though.

When Did You Find Out?: March 27

Child Number: 2

Where do you live?: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

What kind of provider will you see?: Family doctor, then OB

When's Your First Appointment?: Will call Monday for an appointment.

What kind of birth do you want?: ERC

What You're Most Excited For: feeling those tiny kicks and flutters

What You're Most Scared About: The possibility of another very complicated pregnancy/modified bed rest

Symptoms so far: Tired, sensitive smell (so different from last time, when I was barfing my guts out by now )

Eta: I had a read through, and I thought I would respond to a couple posts, I have POAS 2 additional times since the initial BFP, the first tine was no darker, I waited 2 days and it is darker again. I ordered 10 cheapies, I might do a couple more, but I can usually get into my PCP within a day of calling, so I am hoping for serial betas to be ordered.

I told a good friend of mine, and that's it for now. We will see both our immediate families Easter weekend, and we will probably let them know then, but ask them to keep it on the DL.

Big bro to be:

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MsMini: congrats and welcome! Nice to see another nurse mama

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@AngelicOne: Congratulations!! so good to have you here. My EDD based on my LMP is Dec 6, and the 4th based on when i ovulated, so I will be interested to see what my doctor says once they measure! We could be due date twins

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MsMini: congratulations!! Your little one is adorable

This thread is on fire!! Woohoo, so happy to see all these December mommas!!

@MrsF: We haven't told anyone yet. It's tough because we live on the east coast and our families live on the west coast so it will basically all need to be done by phone. My husband wants to wait until our first u/s to tell them. I will call my mom and tell her, and my dad and step-mom, but I am going to see my in-laws in early may for a friends' bach, so I will be able to tell them in person. I am excited about that

9. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MrsF: We haven't told anyone yet. We're going to see my family in 2 months so *trying* to wait until then to tell them & we'll have to call his family & tell them around the same time. (No one lives near us, so we can hide it until around 12 weeks)

@theotherstark: Thanks and yay for due date twins.

Congrats to everyone else in this thread

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 3: Sandy (#2), luv2beamom (#1)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1)
    December 7: snowjewelz (#1)
    December 6: AngelicOne (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2), littlek (#2)
    December 11: MsMini (#2)

Appointments

April 14: luv2beamom
    April 24: theotherstark (u/s)
    April 28: littlek
    April 29: Sandy
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag

Let me know if I missed anyone! So happy that this thread is adding more and more mommas! Anyone else know if they're going Team Green?

11. littlek

@MsMini: congrats and welcome!!!

12. littlek

@MrsF: we told my mom and dad. We were about to start fertility treatments so since I shared our struggle to get pregnant, I wanted to share our joy.

13. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@MsMini: yay, you're here

So far my mom, dad, and sister in law know. My best friend does too because she actually found out she was pregnant a few days before me so we're due 8 days apart! And a bunch of girls on here that I'm in a facebook group with. Basically we told anyone that knew we were doing treatments. I'm thinking we may tell more family on Easter if I have an ultrasound by then!

14. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Just told my parents tonight! As expected they didn't have much reaction (happy of course but they are not super expressive haha). Feel so good that they know! I need to tell my sister next ASAP, and maybe I'll tell my best friend as well. Will prob tell DH's family after 1st appointment.

Here is the thing. I have a good friend that told me as soon as she got a BFP. I feel like I need to return the favor? Would she be mad if I don't tell her till later?

15. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MsMini: popping in to say congratulations

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@littlek: your parents must have been so thrilled for you!

@cram88: that's so great that you'll be pregnant at the same time as your best friend! I always thought that would be so neat to go through pregnancy and all the baby stages together.

17. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsF: we've told everyone close to us - parents, siblings, and several close friends. Most everyone knew we were trying for baby #2 so it was nice to be able to share the good news with them. It's been a fun few days telling everyone

18. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Our immediate families know. We live several states away from all of our family. We took photos of LO holding signs and shared them. I'm trying to hold out sharing with friends and work until after my appt at 10 weeks. It's challenging.

We will not be team green. I'm too type A to not have the ability to plan. We are also trying to warm LO up to it. That's not going well. She's just confused.

19. littlek

@MrsF: They are! My mom was a little afraid that I would end up with multiples if I was put on clomid.

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@littlek: multiples! My DH keeps asking me what we will do if we have twins. I'm not at all prepared for that sort of reality. I'm 39, that might push me to insanity.

21. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

It will be interesting to see if anyone on here has twins! I know I don't want them but my husband seems to want them. I conceived on Femara but the rate of multiples is much lower than Clomid, only 2-4%!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cram88: @MamaG: Yep, I've been wondering if anyone on this thread would end up with twins!! We'll see, I guess.

23. littlek

I don't think my body could handle a twin pregnancy. I ended up going into preterm labor and having DS at 34 weeks.

24. snowjewelz

I jokingly say to DH I wouldn't mind to have twins so I can be done w/ 1 birth! Realistically it would be very scary; I'm like 5 feet so I might topple over haha.

25. littlek

@snowjewelz: I'm a shortie too. I'm 5 feet tall too.

26. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: @snowjewelz: is this the short girls due date thread bc I'm 5 feet as well.

My really good friend has twin girls (it was an oops pregnancy when her LO was 9 months so she had 3 under 2 at one point). She said the first words out of her mouth when the image came on the u/s machine were "oh f*ck"

27. snowjewelz

@littlek: @sandy: Woo go fun sized women! How did you guys feel with your first towards the end? Did you look extra big b/c you are tiny to begin with?

Wow, I can't imagine 3 under 2 A blessing none the less but crazy!

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Aww, man. Am I in the wrong thread? I'm 5'8.

My appt with my PCP to confirm the pregnancy is tomorrow, and since it's April Fool's Day, I had considered calling my husband afterwards and telling him she did a very early u/s (he has no idea how that stuff works), and that we're having twins!! Haha. But then I figured that it would be a mean joke, and also that it would jinx us and we probably would end up having twins, so ...

29. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@theotherstark: hahahahaha! If you do have twins in there I'm sure your husband would be like "stop joking around". So excited for your appointment tomorrow!

30. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@snowjewelz: ummm, I was HUGE at the end of my pregnancy. I usually eat a lot of meat and veggies but when I was pregnant I couldn't stand meat. I ate a ton of carbs (bagels, BLT sandwiches, cereal, and pasta). I gained over 50 lbs. I do not advise gaining so much weight bc my body is so damaged from carrying around that extra weight - my feet and my back are not the same. But my LO was so cute and chubby and the easiest baby so my theory is carbs = happy baby

31. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@theotherstark: haha that would be funny but maybe cruel! I have a beta and progesterone level tomorrow so maybe I'll tell my husband that she suspects multiples You must be excited for your appointment! Hope it goes well!

I'm kind of sad I don't have a set appointment and we're playing it by ear. Even though I know I'll get to go in earlier than normal either way, I just want to know when and to see my name on the appointment list!

32. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Oo nice! So exciting. I had wanted to go into my car to call my OB, but it's snowing outside. Now I gotta find a secret spot to call my OB! O man, that would be so funny haha. Does he know enough to know that it's impossible to tell this early?! lol

@sandy: I know, I'm so afraid I'll gain too much weight and I'll just be a giant ball at the end of this! Maybe I will have an aversion to carbs? lol

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@sandy: @cram88: I know, I think it would just be too mean I'm excited for the appt, but it is really just a blood draw to confirm the pregnancy with my Primary Care Physician (not an OB). I think I'll ask if she can check my progesterone levels, too. She wanted to meet with me, rather than just getting my blood done, so who knows what we'll talk about. Hopefully she can help me get past my nervousness; every time I go to the bathroom, I check to see if there's blood! Will I be doing that the entire pregnancy??

I can't believe my first appt/ultrasound isn't until April 24!! Argh, it seems so far away

34. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@snowjewelz: my friend is 5 feet and she barely gained 30...so you just never know. Her LO was around 7lbs but at almost 2 years he's always been on the small side. My LO was 8lbs 8oz and at 2.5 years old she looks like a 3 year old and has always been on the bigger side (80+ percentile for height/weight).

35. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: He definitely wouldn't know that it's too early Ha. Yeah, I went outside last week in the freezing cold to call to schedule an appt. So awkward!

36. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Oh my word. Does anyone else feel like they're boobs are going to explode? I am in so much pain I can hardly sleep because if I'm on my side, the bottom one hurts, on my back, they both hurt, and stomach is out of the question... I was hoping for at least a little bit of sleep while pregnant before I never get a good light of sleep for the rest of my life!! Haha this is ridiculous.

Is anyone else having major fear of miscarriage? I just hear about so many that happen between weeks 6 and 8 and it terrifies me..

Today I'm supposed to hear back from my doctor regarding my betas from my blood draw, so that's exciting/nerve-wracking! I really hope they don't say anything about what my betas should be at this point based off my LMP (Feb 19), since I O'd late at CD 23 so I was really 14dpo at my betas, though it will lok like I was more based off LMP only. I just don't want to explain all that while I'm at work. I'm a receptionist in a very echo-y lobby with all of the executives in a corporate office, so I don't really want all of them to hear me talking about my fertility hahaha. Hoping they call when it's calm in here so I can just step out for a moment!

Other than that, DH and I have just been looking for a larger 1bedroom apartment so we can save some more money to buy a house, and it's really hard because we currently live in a really nice place, but since I won't be working anymore, and we still need to save, we are going to be seriously downgrading, and it just... bums me out a bit. I guess that's silly and I should just be thankful for baby, I just never realized how NICE our current place is until we started looking at others. I guess that's why ours costs $500 more a month than these though haha. We are just so relieved that we are going to be able to double our saving, while still making extra payments on my student loans, while I am pregnant, and then we will be able to still save while living solely off DH's pay after the baby is born. He made up a budget for us, and while it isn't exactly a FUN budget, it will be so beneficial and has really taken away a lot of our worries. Now we are just getting excited!

Also, we are going to Maui this summer, and are so glad we splurged and got a week trip, since now it can be our babymoon!! Even though I'll only be 24 weeks haha

37. snowjewelz

@missybear: my boobs are not too bad. Cramps had been killing me the past few days (and make me so fearful of m/c). Today is major bloat! I'm so uncomfortable sitting here at work and barely feel like eating!

I'm really just trying to relax and not think about m/c that much... When I told my mom I'm KU last night, she told me that she almost miscarried both me AND my sister! She encouraged me by saying that if it's meant to be, it will be. I'll just try to take care of myself!

Maui! How exciting! We just came back from Mexico from a belated honeymoon/birthday trip for DH. And now it just also became a babymoon lol. I want another trip as a real babymoon though haha!

38. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I'm following along in this thread hoping I can join you December-ers in a week or so. Very excited for you all.

39. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@missybear: My boobs just started really hurting yesterday! I had a hard time sleeping with them and they've been terrible today! I'm very scared of having a miscarriage since this is my first pregnancy after having one back in June. I made it to 11 weeks then though so it will be quite a while before I can relax! I'm just now feeling confident that it's at least not am chemical!

40. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Ugh! Morning sickness has struck, I haven't thrown up yet, but I feel like I could at any moment. I got in with my family doctor today, I had hyper emesis last time around, so I am hoping we can get all the meds and stuff set up right away, save me some suffering. I am going to request bloodwork, and a dating scan as well, since my edd is basically a complete mystery at this point.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee