Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Is it bad to have a high beta count?? I got my results, and for 14dpo, they were 176, and I saw that the range is somewhere around 17-119 with an average of 48. But then I looked at hcg for twins (...gulp...) and for 14dpo they were 56-313. But then everywhere online that I saw, people with twins had at least 220 for their 14dpo betas, and the people who posted in the 170s went on to have singletons... Nervous. Everything about this is so stressful!! And it's like sitting through the TWW a million times in a row! Hoping to get a referal call from my OB today though, so that's exciting.

2. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@missybear: A lot of people thing high betas mean multiples, but it doesn't always mean it. Several HBers thought they had multiples because of high betas but they were pregnant with singletons. Congrats on the good beta result!

3. littlek

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@missybear: Don't worry, be happy with the high #

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@missybear: As a few others have said, I don't think higher numbers necessarily mean multiples. YAY for such high numbers though! That is awesome news.

6. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Thanks ladies, I was super stressed for a minute. I mean, the ONE child was unplanned, but two?! We will be thankful for anything and feel so blessed that it was easy for us to conceive, even if it wasn't in our "ideal" timing. We are getting over the shock of it, and are getting excited! Now I'm really curious to get a dating scan... Maybe I O'd a day before my temp rise or something. We will see! Regardless, I am very thankful to have gotten such high numbers, because it has put me a lot more at peace about things. Now if I can only keep my lips zipped tonight while we hang out with the inlaws... haha

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@missybear: Were you charting? I think generally O happens the day before the temp rise. Either way, glad you have such good numbers I hear ya on keeping your lips zipped!! We aren't telling anyone until later this month, and I talk to my mom every single day on the phone. It's so hard not to say something!!

8. snowjewelz

Ugh totally agree about not be able to tell people!

I got to tell my parents, sister & best friend. reaaaallly want to tell my two friends from my old job that are both pregnant that I am too! The thought of waiting till June is torture! I think I might tell one more friend since she told me as soon as she got a BFP.

9. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@MsMini: congrats!!!

10. littlek

Once we see the heartbeat, we are going to schedule a photoshoot with LO in his Big Brother t-shirt. We won't officially announce until we get the results of the MaterniT21 test and confirm everything is okay.

11. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

Had my second beta and progesterone level check today. First beta was 10.9 at 8dpo so I was looking for at least an 88 for a 48 hour doubling time. It was 312.2 at 14dpo today! That's a 29 hour doubling rate!

And my progesterone was 16.2 at 8dpo, I stopped at 10 dpo and it was 22.98 today at 14 dpo! I'm very happy with the numbers! I go back next Tuesday to repeat and as long as my beta even just doubles until then I think it will be high enough to see something! So I think I may be able to go in next week or the week after

12. snowjewelz

@cram88: Woah there! Nice! Are you doing this out of your own prerogative or on doctor's orders?

13. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@snowjewelz: Doctor's orders! I had a miscarriage last year and I was doing infertility treatments.

14. snowjewelz

@cram88: Aww so this is even more exciting! Your lil bean is working hard! It's very nice that they monitor your progress so closely so you can have peace of mind as well!

15. littlek

@cram88: That's AWESOME!!!!

16. littlek

@cram88: Oh and super duper high beta... I wish my OB would do a blood test. But he won't... I'm glad to get the early US though..

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cram88: NICE betas!! Yay!! Glad things are looking good!

18. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@missybear: oh gosh, if you're having twins I'm definitely having twins too. Mine is uh double yours almost exactly at 14 dpo But I'm not because I refuse to entertain that idea! Congrats on the good number!!

19. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

So I set my appt finally. It'll be April 21st....just in time for DH's birthday Hopefully I can make it til then...these allergies are killing me.

20. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: Yay congrats on getting a date! So exciting

21. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@missybear: @cram88: popping in to say we did IF treatments for baby2, and my doublig time was around 25 hours. My blood was drawn 4x, and I did release two eggs.

We were prepared for twins (my RE thought we would have twins, too!) but were surprised to see one baby at my 6w scan!

22. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@cram88: great numbers!

@AngelicOne: So glad you have an appointment.

How's everyone feeling today? I'm definitely feeling bloated (pants are snug this morning) and my breasts are sore. I'm sleepy, but having a really hard time sleeping through the night (thank you coughing toddler!).

With my first I really didn't have mommy's intuition on gender. For some reason I'm feeling boy this time. There's a part of me that would enjoy a second girl (we already have all the clothes!). I find boy names challenging. Anyone else feeling some mommy intuition on gender?

23. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I kinda hope we have a girl b/c we have no boy names! I have no intuition whatsoever!

For the first time I'm not bloated today! I'm still wearing my sports bra from last night so I can't tell how my boobs feel haha. DH was like, "Are you never going to let your boobs free?!"

24. littlek

@MamaG: I'm sooo bloated too! My pants are so snug.

I threw up for the first time this morning. Which isn't surprising because I'm having such strong food aversions and negative response to smells. My boobs are okay, not sore but definitely heavy.

As for gender, I have no idea. With my first I was convinced we were having a boy and I was right. I keep going back and forth. This pregnancy, so far, is completely different than my last. DH really wants a girl.

25. snowjewelz

@littlek: Eek I'm sorry! I am so scared to get m/s. Did you have m/s with LO1?

26. littlek

@snowjewelz: Nope. I had a very easy pregnancy.

27. snowjewelz

@littlek: Nice! I hope this one doesn't treat you too badly!

It's weird, I finally feel normal today but then I don't feel pregnant! At least w/ all those horrible symptoms, they were reminding me every minute that there's a little seed in there!

28. littlek

@snowjewelz: I was pretty much symptom free with my pregnancy with LO. It's also SUPER early..

29. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@cram88: Yay on your fabulous numbers! That makes me feel much better, I did some more research and apparently high numbers don't really mean anything other than you may have just implanted earlier.

@angelicone: Yay for an appointment!! That is so exciting. I'm still waiting for my doctor to refer me to the OB I requested, so I can't even schedule an appt yet... very frustrating.

@mamag: I am so crazy bloated too!! I mena, it's worse at night, but it's still even bad in the morning!! Thankfully my office is casual, so I've been able to wear leggings with dresses, but man I think those maternity leggings (and likely pants too) will be coming sooner rather than later!

@littek: So sorry you aren't feeling well today This morning was the first time I woke up feeling really sick, and I know it will only get worse. Hang in there though, I'm sure I'll be joining you on the m/s front very soon.

As for me, I'm just feeling exhausted and sick to my stomach. I'm a little stressed out because my PCP said they would put in a referal for my OB, and that I would get a call from the OB yesterday to schedule my first appt, but I never got a call. I feel bad that I keep calling my doctor's office to ask questions, but now I'm not sure if I should call them, or call the OBs office... I'm just not sure what my best bet would be, but 8 weeks isn't that far away and I really want to get in for a u/s!

Also, I'm telling my momma tonight! So excited. And nervous. It's starting to get real... But I wonder when (if ever) it will fully hit me.

30. snowjewelz

@missybear: I would call everyone till you get that appointment!

I think when I do an u/s and hear/see a heartbeat, it will be real. And then again more real when we clear 1st tri and can announce it to others!

31. littlek

@snowjewelz: I know... I'm hoping the next few weeks go fast.. and sending LOTS and LOTS of sticky baby dust to all of us!!!

32. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MamaG: Been feeling pretty good for the most part. I have allergies & had to cut down on taking meds for it for the first trimester here. I've had some nausea, but not too terrible yet. Other than that, things are good.

@missybear: Yay for telling your mom tonight. So fun!

33. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@MamaG: I'm feeling tired and have had some morning sickness already. My boobs have been very sore and I'm living in a sports bra lately!

I'm thinking girl and these are my very scientific reasons why:
    - I didn't test positive until 11 dpo with both of my prior pregnancies and this one was 8dpo.
    - I didn't have betas with my son but I had two with my last pregnancy and they are MUCH higher this time. That probably has more to do with the first reason.
    - I'm fairly certain we conceived on O-3 and with Shettles that's a prime day for a girl!

I'm fine either way though! We are planning on having a third so I don't feel pressure to have a certain gender for this pregnancy!

34. littlek

@cram88: That's interesting! I had implantation bleeding at 9 DPO, so I thought that seemed late, so I'm going to guess boy then. My chinese calculator predictor says boy too.

35. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@littlek: I was charting and there's a clear dip on 7dpo so I think I implanted that day and I got my positive the next day! I was amazed by how early it was! The gender chart says boy for me too but it said girl with my son so who knows! Do you know if it was accurate for you last time?

36. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@AngelicOne: Yay for getting your appt! That's great.

@MamaG: I'm still bloated, and my boobs have been killing me. They hurt so badly. Tired, too, although that mainly hits in the later afternoon. I really haven't been sleeping well, too, so that's not helping.

Don't really have intuition yet! We'll see. I'm sort of wondering if it might be boy, but that might just be because we have a few boy names that we really like, and nothing for girls

@littlek: Ugh, sorry you threw up I haven't yet, although I'm still getting queasy in the morning, and this morning it seemed a little worse. We'll see.

@missybear: Sorry they haven't called yet - that sucks. I would just try calling the OB if you don't hear from them today. And YAY for telling your mom!! So exciting.

AFM, I had a few spots of super light brown in my pantyliner, so I'm freaking the eff out right now My PCP told me yesterday that spotting in the first tri is normal, but I'm feeling panicky. Trying to think positive thoughts.

37. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Hello ladies. Can't BELIEVE I am here! I sat and staked this thread last night as AF hadn't arrived and I just antes to dream for a little while so I read all 6 pages in one go and now I actually get to join in. Wow.

EDD: 11th December

When Did You Find Out?: hmmmm, about 30 minutes ago

38. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Oh, it just lost my whole post... Hold on

Child Number: 1

Where do you live?: London, England

What kind of provider will you see?: the midwives and doctors on the NHS I guess?!

When's Your First Appointment?: no idea! I'm going on holiday on Sunday to California so I will ring my doctors when I get back. I don't know how it works to be honest.

What kind of birth do you want?: natural water birth if possible.

What You're Most Excited For: holding my baby, the birth (I know, I'm crazy) and I can't wiAt to watch my DH be the most Incredible father.

What You're Most Scared About: being a little isolated. My family don't live near me and my friends here don't have babies yet so I will just have to make some new friends and find a good babysitter I guess!

Symptoms so far: nothing! Everyone kept saying my boobs looked bigger but I can't say I noticed it. I have had 3 people say that to me randomly!

39. littlek

@Mrs.Lilac: Congrats and welcome!!!!

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Congratulations!!! So exciting. Glad to see you here!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee