Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 - Nurseries

1. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: That's beautiful!!! You did win Craigslist.

2. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

SOoooo.. I think we are going to go for it and combine the two little rooms into one big Master. Pray for my sanity.

3. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@MrsKoala: I will be! How long do you think it'll take?

4. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Danizaur: Luckily, it's minor stuff. I told DH it had to be done by Christmas or he is in BIG TROUBLE.

5. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@MrsKoala: Oooo good luck!!

6. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Springtime: I don't actually know, I just searched for mint paint (or combo of words like that) on pinterest and saved one that I liked without checking. Sorry thats not more helpful!! Probably a Benjamin Moore color if that helps!

7. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@MrsKoala: Yes! BIG BIG trouble! I bet you will be much happier with the bigger room!

8. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: @Danizaur: Thanks! If everything goes as it should, it's going to be soooo much nicer and we'll finally be able to get a King bed!

9. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@MrsKoala: We have a king and love it. We actually spent some of our wedding budget on one, haha!

10. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@citymouse: that is nice I need yo start looking for a dresser maybe I'll get lucky on Craigslist too and I need to look at gliders but not on CL of course

11. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Honeygold89: I had to look everyday for about a week to find the one. Hope you find something!!

12. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

I think we have settled on a color for the walls...

Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore!!

Very dark, but the room gets a lot of light, and the Crib, Glider, and Rug are all white/cream so it should break it up a bit. This is the rug:

13. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: Oooh that sounds lovely!!

DH changed his mind again about combining the rooms to make a master. I scheduled a friend to come in and paint the nursery in two weeks. Once that is done, we are not going back.

14. IcebergMom

persimmon / 1295 posts

@MrsKoala: I think you'll be happy with separate spaces!

15. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@citymouse: that's nice I was thinking about looking for a rug or something too but right now DH want to completely clear the room first and put the crib together before buying anymore furniture which I think he'll have done by the weekend so then we'll start looking for a dresser n glider and whatever else we're adding in there.

16. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

Alright! We got our dresser and crib in yesterday and got it all put together. I'm pretty pleased! Makes the room much smaller, but we still have room to function. Next is crib mattress and bedding.
    After that is just the small finishing touches! I already ordered the letters for above his bed. They're still being made.
    Here's all angles of the room:

17. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

We just picked out paint for baby's room over the weekend, and are going to start on it this week. We also made DD #1's room into a big girl room, so we could move the crib into the new nursery. So, it's not a nursery anymore, (even though it feels like DH was *just* painting the lavender stripes and putting the crib together in there) but here's a pic of my first baby's new toddler room! I'll share pics of my Feb. baby's nursery once it's done!

18. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@erinpye: I love the colors of that room. How did you transition to the big girl bed? We plan on doing the same thing- crib goes to the new baby and dd gets a big girl bed.

We kinda picked out the paint color for the new nursery, we are doing a light pale green, however the green I picked out was way to green for me, so I've gotta keep looking.

19. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: yay that's nice I wish we had that much done but we're getting there

@erinpye: aw that's cute hope she likes it

As for our nursery DH has his shed all put up and cleared the room almost completely out with the exception of a few small things but I didn't want to change the color of the walls so we're sticking with white so he has been touching up the walls and say he want to redo a few spots that he missed which don't take long but he also had to replace the Cellini fan in there yesterday but that's done and I want to clean the carpet before we put the crib together. I found the glider I want but DH doesn't like the color cause it's really light but I keep telling him that's the one I like and want so we are going to try to find some type of cover for it and we haven't found a dresser yet I will take picks once we clean the carpet and put the crib together

20. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@erinpye: I just saw that elephant at Ikea a few weeks ago!!

21. indi

clementine / 984 posts

@Danizaur: @erinpye: Great job, ladies!
    @Danizaur: What nursery set is that, if you don't mind me asking? It looks pretty similar to one we're considering, the other has the dresser with a changing table add-on to the top. My hesitation is that it's a permanent addition to the dresser, then. Does your crib convert to toddler/full size later?

22. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@erinpye: I love the big girl room! It's adorable!

@Danizaur: Looks great! I love the wall color and I think you've used your space really well!

23. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@indi: The crib: http://criboutlet.com/catalog/details/?prodid=1345&col=46&man=20&parent=1345&gclid=CPS9uf6lqLoCFc-Y4AodLXIAXA
    We bought it at Buy Buy Baby in espresso. Yup! It converts to a toddler and a full. The changing attachment becomes a nightstand. I considered choosing a dresser with a changer top but it wouldn't fit in the tiny room. So I opted for a tall dresser instead.

For the dresser we picked one from a random set from Buy Buy Baby in espresso as well. The crib in that set didn't have a changing station attached. I'm not sure which set it was. We walked up on it and said "Looks good! We will take it!" Lol

24. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@MrsKoala: Thank you!! It's super small but we are definitely still able to function in it and I'm pleased with the arrangement.

25. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@lavender: thanks! We took her crib out of her room 2 nights ago and let her sleep on just the mattress on the floor as a test, and she did great, so we took the plunge yesterday and got her a bed. She slept great and didn't get out if bed until she was up for the day this AM!

@Honeygold89: @indi: @MrsKoala: thank you!

@Danizaur: I'm pretty sure that's the same crib we have, and we've loved it so far!

26. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

This is the crib we got I can't wait until we put it together

27. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Baby's room is painted! We got curtains from Target yesterday. Now we just need to steam clean the carpet, get a dresser, and put everything together!

28. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Honeygold89: Love that crib!!

@MrsKoala: I love the color!

29. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@citymouse: love the rug, it would be perfect in our nursery. Where is it from?

30. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: thanks

So DH got the crib and bassinet put together Tuesday and I put all the bedding and wall stickers up plus DH found a gliders exactly like the one I wanted but 3 times cheaper and we're getting his mom to redo the cushions in a chocolate color fabric so it really works out and she's more than happy she say she's going looking this week for the fabric. So here's a few pics of what we have so far but we still have to find a dresser and we plan on getting a flat screen to hang in the wall too.

Oh and excuse the closet full of DH clothes we're leaving DH clothes in there and just letting Noah share a closet with his sister since she's only there on the weekend and has a bigger closet anyways.

31. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Here's he swing that I put together all by myself last night now I'm waiting on his dresser and we're pretty much done! Yay

32. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Honeygold89: Love all of the Lion King baby gear! That was one of my favorite movies growing up!

33. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Last night, we got all the prints that we need for baby's room. Looks like all that is left is to get a dresser and some baby/kid hangers for the closet. Once we steam clean the carpets later this month, we just have to put everything together and the nursery is set!

For prints, we got the animal alphabet print that @CityMouse posted and a print from Rifle Paper: http://riflepaperco.com/item/Animal_Parade_Print/90/c2 along with some baby animal photos from The Animal Print Shop: http://www.theanimalprintshop.com/baby-kangaroo-close-up/

34. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

We are at a standstill. His letters for above his crib are on their way. I'm extremely disappointed in the lady I ordered them from. She was super behind on her already ridiculously long processing time on getting them done. I hope they turn out good. They should come ready to hang!

35. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@MrsKoala: thanks me too and I love your print and pictures too

@Danizaur: I hope they hurry up and are everything you wanted

36. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Honeygold89: Well they came in today! About 20 minutes after I wrote that post. Lol. I had some issues with them but I guess its resolved now. Aggravated but I'm excited to hang them! Here's my post about my issues I had:

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/would-you-be-aggravated

37. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: I read your post and yes I would have been aggravated because since I've been pregnant I have not had any patients for something not going right I guess cause this is my first I just want everything ready and perfect for his arrival but I hope it works out and is easy for you to hang up and btw me, DH and MIL were in Walmart picking the fabric for her to redo my glider and I seen a good bit of deer print fabric and we seen lettering and DH want to put them up for Noah's room plus my stepdaughters room since we've been redoing her room in princess since she turned 6 in sept but I thought of you I didn't look at the fabric price but the wood letters were $2 a piece and of course you would have to decorate them yourself but now I'm thinking about doing that it might be fun.

38. IcebergMom

persimmon / 1295 posts

@erinpye: hi where'd you find your elephant print? I love it. The room is sweet.

39. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@IcebergMom: oh thanks! We got it at Ikea

40. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

So I seen this in walmart the other night and DH wanted to get them so I painted Noah's name and plan on putting a few lion king stickers on it maybe if it doesn't look too tacky and hang it outside of his room and as for Jas ( short for Jasmine my stepdaughter, which like I said before is DH adopted daughter) I'm going to let her decorate hers when she comes over this weekend and we'll put it up in front of her room

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee