Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 - Nurseries

1. IcebergMom

persimmon / 1295 posts

@erinpye: booo my nearest ikea is ... Probably a 40 hour drive.

@Honeygold89 - great job!

2. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@IcebergMom: thanks

3. indi

clementine / 984 posts

Finally got the desk out of the baby's room, and FIL dropped off the full size bed that will go in there (nursery doubles as a guest room for now, and it'll be so handy to have an extra bed for night feedings). Picked out the wall decals and bedding set for the full set, now I just have to wait for them to get here! At least I can share the stock photos until then.

I just can't wait to finish tidying it up and getting the baby furniture in there! It'll be tiny, but I prefer a cozy nursery over apartment shopping. LOL.

4. SweetMamaM

pear / 1743 posts

You ladies are doing such a fantastic job of putting the nurseries together! Ours is still a work in progress, although my MIL is currently sewing up the cushion covers for our rocking chair.

Still on the list:
    Paint shopping with my dad for paint for the rocker
    Delivery and assembly of the drawers (due mid-Dec)
    Purchase drawer organisers, blackout shades
    Get pictures framed to put on the walls
    Move hamper into the room
    Move all of the Christmas presents out of the room and downstairs (it's currently the easiest place for me to spread out on the floor and wrap them)

In saying that, we have some storage and a hammock for baby to sleep in, so that's the majors, right? Hoping to be completely done by mid Jan

5. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@indi: So pretty!

@SweetMamaM: What kind of hammock did you get? I'm seriously considering getting one instead of a bassinet or cradle.

6. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

We made a "house" list a few weeks ago and have been working through that. We just finished our Bedroom and will be painting/working on the upstairs Bathroom this week. We have an old house that needed some plaster repair, new paint, etc... THEN we can start on the Nursery!! Super excited.

Also, we decided to go a different way with the nursery. The style I had picked just never sat well with me. Thankfully DH didn't mind switching gears and likes the other inspiration images I showed him. Im feeling a lot better about it. Just trying to price some cheaper options to keep the budget for the room down. Now going for more of a light, airy, clean, neutral space.

7. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@indi: Nice!!

8. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: Can't wait to see what you go with! You have really great taste.

9. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@indi: Beautiful!

We haven't made much progress since last time I updated except that we finally hung up his letters! We were struggling with figuring out how to space them evenly and make sure they were level and centered so FIL finally came up and did it for us. He used to work in construction and can do those types of things in about 2 minutes. Looks really good!

10. SweetMamaM

pear / 1743 posts

@MrsKoala: we looked at the Miyo and the Hushamock but ultimately couldn't justify the price for what they were. We went with a Nature's Sway and we're really happy with it.

11. SweetMamaM

pear / 1743 posts

@citymouse: I know how you feel! A lot of our baby prep has actually been getting other areas of our house sorted. Just have our new desk to assemble and I think that will be that mostly done!

12. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@SweetMamaM: Thanks! This is the second time someone has recommended Nature's Sway! I'm looking more into it!

13. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

I finally got my fabric for his bedding. This stressed me out right up til the very end! Luckily my mom knew how much to get an we Facetimed my sister so she could help us match (she's amazing at that). My Mamaw is going to start on it next week!!

Not what I had in mind but I'm still pleased. I forgot to mention we decided on yellow and gray again instead of red and gray. Lol

14. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@indi: that's nice I love that can't wait to see your finish room.
    @citymouse: I'm sure whatever you end up with will be lovely.
    @Danizaur: that's going to look good together I like those patterns

15. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Danizaur: awesome!

@Honeygold89: @MrsKoala: thanks!! I hope so!

16. indi

clementine / 984 posts

@MrsKoala: @citymouse: @Danizaur: @Honeygold89: Thanks! We have most things put together and the bed is all made up. DH will be home Thursday and we'll get the decals applied to the wall. My mom comes this weekend and we'll finish up putting together the furniture (curses on Target…rawr) and sew the bed skirt and crib skirt and make a few crib sheets (Ma is so handy!). Can't wait to hopefully post photos this weekend!

@Danizaur: Beautiful fabrics! I love the owls, and I just want to snuggle the yellow fabric.

17. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

Confession: 10 weeks to go and I have nothing done for the nursery. Well, I picked out the paint color (a pale green) last month and the gallon of paint is sitting in the corner haha. I don't even have her crib or any furniture picked out either..

I feel bad for DD #2, already getting the shortend of the stick!

18. OldEnglandMama

cherry / 212 posts

@lavender: Haha, right there with you...only this is our first so I don't even have the excuse of another child taking my time and energy!

The room is already a nice duck-egg blue (first rental that actually has colour on the walls). So that's fine. We received a hammock thing at our shower that will work fine for the first few weeks sleeping (and have been offered a pack and play). There's plenty of storage built in (shelves in the closet). So I'm not toooo worried. I mean baby will never know - so long as they're warm and safe right?!

This is all because MIL insisted on buying all our furniture for the baby when we said we'd use Ikea (she disapproves of anything unfamiliar to her, particularly if it's "European", like me, gah). However, she is yet to buy *anything* furniture-wise. We're seeing her this weekend - if there's no improvement I'm going to Ikea to get essentials in the New Year (like a crib) and she can just get over it. I'm done!

19. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@lavender: @OldEnglandMama: I'm sure you ladies will have it together in time for baby

20. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

Got this gem up today! DH is a deer hunter so we are incorporating a lot of deer/hunting themed things in his nursery. So glad we picked yellow instead of red. The yellow looks awesome! It was annoying to install and part of the letters came off before we realized we weren't being careful enough. Took a long time to SLOOOOOOWLY peel off the backing. I'm pleased overall though!

21. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: that's cute.

We have everything done but I'm still waiting on my MIL to finish the cushion for the rocker she's taking her time and I'm so ready but now I wish we would have painted cause it looks a little plain and DH say we still can but I just don't feel like redoing everything so oh well I guess. I'm waiting on the baby shower now to put everything as far as clothes and whatever else we might get in place.

22. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

I'll upload the pictures when I get home

23. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Here's Noah's room

24. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Danizaur: Love the decal!!

@Honeygold89: SO cute!

We are finishing the nursery this weekend so I'll take pics of it and hopefully post them on Monday.

25. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Honeygold89: love it!!

26. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@MrsKoala: @Danizaur: thanks I like to just sit in there cause it's so calming and peaceful not too busy and MIL is finally working on my cushions for the glider and we'll probably get a tv in there in feb or march

27. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

Baby girl's room is just about done, we still have some things to hang and I want to steam her curtains. All my newborn and 0-3 month stuff is clean and in her drawers! I'll add more pics when it's 100% finished, but here's one with DD1 playing in the crib (I think at this point she thinks it's her second bedroom).

28. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@erinpye: Cute! Can I ask where you got those pictures? I have a star rug in the nursery and have tried to find pictures that would match.

29. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@erinpye: I love it!!

30. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@erinpye: LOVE IT!!!

31. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

We assembled the crib and dresser last week, and we moved them into our second bedroom yesterday. So, I guess it's officially a nursery rather than an office / guest room! We moved the desk into our bedroom but it's a little too big and bulky so we plan to replace it with a smaller one. There is an Ikea trip looming ahead this weekend!

We finally got our second kitten on 12/26, so we needed that room to acclimate him for a few days and couldn't finish the conversion til then.

I still need to buy some crib sheets and a few other items. I ordered a bunch of things from Amazon yesterday including a changing pad and covers. Here is the general look, though the room also has taupe/pale yellow walls. We are leaving the queen-sized bed in there for the time being, so I also tempted to buy this duvet cover:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91e5nRHscFL._SL1500_.jpg

32. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@raintreebee: at Target actually! They had some cute kids room canvases. Etsy also has really cute nursery art.
    @MrsKoala: @Danizaur: thank you!

33. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@ElbieKay: adore your style! the elephant hamper rocks

@erinpye: thanks! i really do love the pink and light blue combo. looks great!

34. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

Here's what I've got so far.

35. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

Nursery has been (finally) painted and the crib is assembled. We went with a pale green with grey and white accents. Crib is white. Heading out to Ikea this weekend to pick up a dresser/changing table. Will post pics when nursery is complete.

36. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

Ok besides one more picture to hang and waiting for the changing pad cover to get here, baby girl's room is ready.

37. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@ElbieKay: We have the same crib sheets! So cute! I like the very subtle elephants especially the hamper.. that's just adorable.

@raintreebee: I love the stars and the color combo of the white and gray. We're going for a similar color scheme with an addition of teal and the fact that our changing table is a natural wood color since it was secondhand.

38. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@raintreebee: Thanks! I love your grey & white combo too

@MrsKoala: Thanks! I think my MIL ordered the hamper, but it hasn't been delivered yet. My husband thought it was too expensive but I wanted at least one cute detail and added this to the registry.

39. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@erinpye: loving the color combo!

40. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@lavender: thank you! I can't wait to see your, and more of everyone's pics!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee