Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: They are beautiful! Congrats again!!

2. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

Hello! For those not on fb here’s a brief update. I tripped and fell on my own feet while walking my dog Tuesday night. Came in for monitoring expecting to be released but baby’s heart rate was a little all over the place. Seems likely she just has a higher rate while moving and was moving a ton that night...but they don’t really know of course so I was admitted to be induced Wednesday morning. Started Pitocin at 9 am...almost 12 hours later I was only 3 cm so we tried a foley which unfortunately only added another cm. About 70% effaced. Had a good nights sleep and just had waters broken so hoping labor picks up soon!

3. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@skiierchck99: hope everything is going well! when was/is your due date?

4. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@dominobee: Congratulations!! They are the cutest!

5. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@DesertDreams88: Feb 13th so I came in at 39+0. Apparently it’s common that if you fall at that point you end up induced...they can’t tell what your body was already doing in terms of contractions etc and what was a change so since baby is full term they’d rather just bring them out. Different story when it happens earlier it sounds like.

6. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@skiierchck99: Good luck! Hope things speed up

7. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: exciting!! I hope things speed up and you get to meet your little one soon!

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: I hope things are speeding up!! Thinking of you

9. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Had my 38 week appt today (tomorrow is officially 38 wks). No dilation or effacement. About 10% disappointed just because I am excited to meet baby girl but 90% glad because we're not "ready" personally or professionally.

This weekend DH has to work on the pool, and I'm unpacking 6 big storage totes of baby stuff - carriers, bottles, pacis, pump, pump parts, activity mat, boppy, etc. I also have to wash all the bottles and pump parts, and maybe the car seat cover too. Lastly I really need another week to finish my last grades and my last teaching unit. As of yesterday I have all my plans ready for my sub for 13 weeks of teaching! Two binder's worth.

My last platelet count was stable so that's good, but I'm going in for more bloodwork tomorrow to get an update. We talked about induction date & methods & we're on the same page with that, so that's good. 14 days left now!

How is everyone else doing, especially those due towards the end of the month like me?

10. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

Due date is today and it’s almost 6pm so pretty safe to say baby is not coming today! Had an OB appt today and she swept my membranes but I’m only 1cm dilated so she didn’t really think much would happen. We scheduled an induction for 2/15 when I’ll be 41 weeks but I really want this baby to come on it’s own! Might push the induction a bit if things are ok next week but we’ll see. Please send any tips and tricks for starting labor my way!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

11. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@DesertDreams88: I am 37 weeks 1 day and had an appt this AM. I am 1cm dilated and she guessed 70% effaced. that's pretty much where I was with my first LO when I walked in to my induction at 42 weeks so I'm feeling pretty good today!

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead! I bet you'll get all that prep stuff done and all the activity will help speed things along next week!

12. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: Congrats on getting all your lessons done, that is intense! I have been preparing documents for my sub but I don't have to do actual day to day plans. I teach 4 sections of one class that are pretty straightforward, and then 1 of another upper level class where hopefully she will do a good job bc then next year I have those kids for AP! But I think I'm pretty set for what I'm planning to have prepped for her.

Good luck getting everything done this weekend! I washed all the newborn clothes last weekend and couldn't believe how tiny they were! My first was 6lb7oz at birth and was in newborn stuff for a while but my OB thinks this baby is probably bigger. I hope she gets to wear the clothes for at least a week or two bc I have a few outfits that are sooo adorable. Hope to install the car seat base this weekend and start packing a hospital bag/write a list out for what we need to bring since most of that will be packed last minute.

38 weeks next Tuesday and definitely feeling it. I have next week of work, then a week of vacation and then I go back just for the Monday afterwards if I haven't had the baby. I had the exact same timing with my first and went into labor the Tuesday night after vacation so hopefully similar this time! But I will be ok if I go a few days overdue because I will get paid sick time that doesn't count towards my maternity leave time so overdue = less unpaid time off.

@JJ2626: Hope the baby comes before the induction! Come on out baby!

13. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@JJ2626: Yay for making it to your due date, you must be so close then! I don't really believe in natural labor induction techniques except for nipple stim & DTD, and castor oil but I hear that can go pretty negatively. However, while you wait, definitely get a mani/pedi and/or a massage! Your nails will look nice in postpartum pics even if you look like a train wreck, there are acupressure points in the feet that supposedly induce labor, andddd your body is about to do a lot of difficult work so it deserves some pampering!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Ergggg: that's awesome for 37 weeks, congrats!

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I'm 38 weeks as of yesterday. I'm so done!

I was supposed to go to work for the last time today, but I slept all of about an hour and a half last night so I decided I probably should NOT drive!

I got super congested last Thursday/Friday and it lasted through the whole weekend. Thankfully I think it was just pregnancy induced, but I was worried maybe I was exposed to something at the minute clinic last week when I went for the TDAP. I didn't get a fever though, and I *think* it's getting better.

OB appointment tomorrow. I wonder if he'll bother checking my cervix or not. He hasn't so far, I think because the baby's breach anyway. Crazy to think I could be going into surgery in only a week! But now that I've wrapped my head around that, I have this fear that baby will suddenly flip and I'll have to wait to go into labor naturally.

I had a friend visit this weekend and we got pedicures, went out to a great dinner, and went to another friend's baby shower. Everything was so exhausting (especially with the congestion thrown on top of it), but it was good to spend time with people. My friend lives in PR and with all the storm damage, hasn't made it home as much as she'd like to. I hadn't seen her since last May.

16. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: Isn't the uncertainty of these last few weeks the worst!? I totally understand how you're like ok it would ostensibly be good for the baby to flip and not need a c-section but then that also creates uncertainty around the situation. I'm going for a VBAC but lately I feel like I'd be relieved to just be told I can't do it and to have to have a scheduled c-section. But that's just me being anxious about everything and I know I still want to try for the VBAC.

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow - though I've been bad and by last Friday I was already thinking of myself as into the next week. I really wish I had a definitive end date (though not 42 weeks!) - I was much better my first pregnancy about not expecting to go early but some work/leave-related things are stressing me out about the idea of going very late.

My sister threw a "baby brunch" this weekend with my side of the family but also surprised us with my out of town-best friends and my brother-in-law being there too. So that was very nice but tiring!

How's everyone else doing?

17. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: I think work is playing into my anxiety too! I'm SO ready to be done with it. We're short two other people...so I'd so much rather just leave and not have to deal with that!

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: Does your OB feel your abdomen to make sure they still think baby is breech? I think it's crazy how they can figure that out just by touch! I have no idea what part is what.

And I hear you on the last-minute uncertainty.... As of 36 weeks the plan was to start prednisone at 38 weeks and induce at 40 weeks, Feb 22; due to low platelets. BUT, my platelets have stabilized! I'm super excited about that lowering my risk, buttttt, it does create a bit of uncertainty with the "need" for induction..... but, at any point my platelet levels could start dropping again, so, I'm pretty sure my OB will stick with the original plan minus the prednisone. I will honestly be SO bummed if my induction gets canceled. I went to 41+2 with LO1 and having a clear "end date" in my head is/was so helpful.

19. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@petitenoisette: I can't remember, will you start your leave by your due date at least, even if baby hasn't arrived? That's what I did last time and this time, so my sub would have a clear start date. I know there are some $$$ factors for you but my district wanted me to at least pick a date. In fact, I just moved it up by two days My last day of work is next Wednesday, a half day, and then I'll probably be induced on Thursday night... knock on wood. Also my sub just got changed as of last week

20. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: I've had weekly ultrasounds since 36 weeks. I can certainly tell my touch (all my BH are at his head, and it's right below my ribs!), and all "kicking" is way down in my pelvis.

The OB was doing full biophysical profiles at first, but last week he just confirmed he was still breach. I'm hoping he might do the measurements again tomorrow (I'm going earlier in the day, so I'm hoping he won't be rushed at all). It could be the last appointment before surgery, so I'm hoping he's assuming it'll take some time!

He'll do one last US the morning of the C section just in case the baby moves really late.

21. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: Great new about your platelets but I totally get you and hope your induction isn't canceled! Have you been able to meet the sub? Mine did a lesson for one of my classes so I'm feeling pretty good about her - she's a retired teacher and had way more energy than I do these days!

Yes, my last day is the day before my due date - basically sort of same situation in that I wanted my sub to have a definitive start date plus I should be able to be paid sick time before I have the baby. However, depending on how late I go I will need a dr's note to keep being paid and I just have this irrational fear that my dr won't write me one. I should just bring this up at my next appointment but this type of stuff just gets me all anxious. Plus I sent in my FMLA paperwork which indicated 12 weeks of disability and HR responded to me that maternity leave is 8 weeks and beyond that I will need further justification for my "disability." I got paid 12 weeks last time without any issues so I don't know where this is coming from (I'm guessing new HR lady, trying to be stricter and save money) but now the amount of paid leave I will have is up in the air. I do know plenty of people at my school only get paid the 8 weeks so it's not something I can really fight, I just have to hope my Dr. will be willing to stick to the 12 weeks if my school gets pushy about it.

It will stink if I get paid less but it's more just the uncertainty of everything and feeling like this is something I have to take care of that stresses me out even more. But I know once I have the baby I just will be concentrated on her and will be more resigned to whatever happens monetarily so I think that's why I'm just feeling pretty anxious for her to be here! Argh sorry for the novel about all this!

22. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: Not sure if it will help or not, but our HR person said that we were limited to using 8 weeks of sick pay unless we got a note saying we were "under the care of" a doctor. She said doctors usually don't have any issue stating that (what do they have to lose?)

Not that I had more than 8 weeks of sick leave saved up in the first place...but hopefully that wording will help you!

23. MRSHONEYBEAR

grape / 99 posts

@petitenoisette @MARYM total lurker here. I’m due 3/1 but have an induction set for 2/22 due to gestational diabetes so jumping on the February board. Anyhow, the “doctor care” thing has been top of my mind bc I had it in my head I could just ask my doc to extend my disability for a couple weeks to be allowed to use about two weeks worth of disability I have saved/owed to me. I asked my doctor casually at my last appt if i can have my note extended beyond 6 weeks vaginal/8 week csection doctors care, and she (a truly Earth-mother, easy going, jovial person) got really serious and said, “that’s not something I could do. That would cause me to lose my license.” And shut it down real quick. I’ve NEVER seen her be that serious. Anyhow, curious if anyone has had a different experience. I certainly don’t want her to lie I was just under the impression it wasn’t a big deal and I had to ask in order to have it changed. Maybe I’ll try asking in the terms that @MARYM stated as it doesn’t reference a disability. I just want to use days I have!

24. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MRSHONEYBEAR: both of my obs have been very 100% clear about the 6-8 weeks timeframe. They won't even fill out my FMLA paperwork for the 12 weeks they know I'm allowed - they fill it out for the 6 weeks and then my district has to "add on" the other 6.

25. MRSHONEYBEAR

grape / 99 posts

@DesertDreams88: Wow, yeah, that sounds about right! The more research I do it seems 6-8 weeks is very firm without much discussion. Then I hear people say they’ll just talk to their doctor and I wonder what I’m missing. Navigating maternity care in the U.S. is just one rude awakening after another! I feel super lucky to be able to use a handful of partially paid disability days rather than none so I shouldn’t complain!

26. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Hi all!! Because of my age (39) my doctor has given me the option to induce at 39 weeks. After a lot of online research, it seems like maybe it’s the best option. I guess there’s an increased risk of stillbirth after 39 weeks for women in my age group. That’s terrifying!! I was induced with DD at 40+3 and it went fine. I just can’t seem to make up my mind. Is anyone else being induced? Any other older moms here? Congratulations to all the new mommies!! Love seeing all the Facebook posts.

ETA: I’m 38 weeks tomorrow

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@MRSHONEYBEAR: For me, there might be a difference in that it's not for "disability" coverage...but just the right to use the sick leave that a person has accrued. Maybe there's an ethical difference there? I don't know...

@CatchAFallingStar: I'm 37. I have to say I'm also hoping baby stays breach so that I know I'll have him at 39w1d. I definitely don't want to go past 40 (and now that my head is wrapped around next Monday...I'm so ready!)

28. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: Good to know on that wording, hopefully what they require is something fairly vague.

@MRSHONEYBEAR: Yes, I have definitely heard of this being the case and why I know many people at my school only get paid 8 weeks. And why it makes me feel really uncomfortable about having to push it with my Dr. (like to the point that I probably won't if it comes to that bc I am terrible about those types of convos). I was so surprised my first pregnancy when I gave my OB office the FMLA paperwork and the receptionist was just point blank how long can you get paid for and they filled it out for 12 weeks- it was like I won the lottery!

Either way, the state of maternity leave in this country is so dumb and it's sad that compared to many people getting paid 8 weeks is a ton

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I’m 37 and just delivered at 40w. My OB didn’t really push induction at all, citing a heathy pregnancy and no history of complications from my other births. She would’ve let me go until 42w so long as I was being monitored closely. Personally I would not want to be induced (having been through it with PROM before) but that’s because I want as little intervention as possible (and I’m afraid of having a cesarean).

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

It’s been a minute since I updated. Long story short they can not pinpoint the cause of my fever. I’ve had ultrasounds, X-rays, a PET scan, flu tests, strep test, blood cultures, blood panels, urine cultures, serious “big gun” antibiotics and countless physical examinations by at least two dozen doctors and nurses. Basically everything is negative or inconclusive. We’re beginning to think it’s actually a viral infection that I’m just working through. Today is my first day without a fever and they’re talking about discharge on Thursday or Friday as long as the fever doesn’t come back. In the meantime we’ve fully gotten the hang of caring for two newborns in a tiny hospital room and DH and my mom have been tag teaming on overnights. And my milk has come in and both boys have latched, though we’re still supplementing with formula because I’m not yet producing enough for both of them.

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I’m 34 , almost 35, and delivered at 41+1 with no complications.

@dominobee: ugh I hope you feel better soon but amazing you have help at nights. I don’t think I’ve slept more than three hours max since delivering and ugh... will your mom be sticking around for awhile to help with the babies and your recovery?

32. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

I’ve noticed reduced movement today. I’m doing an hour kick count right now. Getting kind of nervous. She’s definitely usually very active. I’m 38 weeks today.

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I've been doing more kick counts lately too (I'm 38+2).

I think in general, he's just running out of room. And his kicks aren't as big so they're harder to notice. Chewing ice usually gets him going though!

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: She’ll go home once I’m out of the hospital since DH is officially done working and a SAHD now. Caring for them at home will be so much more manageable than the hospital! This has been quite a crash course.

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: wow that sounds rough not How you imagined your first week I'm sure. Sending good thoughts your way

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: I hated the hospital, our room was right by the medvac landing pad and so loud, ugh. I hope you are home soon! Congratulations again!!!

37. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@dominobee: Ugh, I am sure you are so frustrated. Hoping you get to go home soon and that your fever is just a distant memory. Glad to hear you have a supportive mom and DH!

38. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: @CatchAFallingStar: I've noticed the movements are smaller, too. A week ago I got nervous and tried doing a kick count, drinking ice water which usually works, and she wasn't moving. I didn't want to try soda bc I already had one earlier that day. So DH talked to her up close right next to her head and she went crazy! Hopefully you can get baby to be moving.

39. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@DesertDreams88: @MaryM: she started moving around much more after I posted this.. not worried now. I’ve been having weird twinges and period cramps on and off, along with tons of Braxton-Hicks. I hope I’ll go into labor naturally before 40 weeks and won’t have to make the induction decision!

40. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I think the frequency of my BH is also affecting how I feel movement! By the end of the day, my uterus is is nearly constantly hard

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee