Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Uggghhhh you guys I’m so ready to have these babies! I think this might even be tougher than the TWW. Currently 37+3 with no real signs of impending birth. As far as I can tell 60% of twins are born before 37 weeks so I’m already in the minority. And they’re measuring around the 80th percentile for all babies - including singletons - so they’re HEAVY and likely to be good size boys. I’ve gained my 45 lb and boy can I sure feel it in my pelvis and lower back. I’m wearing myself out with activity and DTD but they’re not budging!! Back to the midwife tomorrow for a cervical check... hoping I will be a candidate for a membrane sweep too!

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I hope you get some good news about progression tomorrow and you can get the sweep!! It’s so awesome that you’ve been able to keep them in for so long but I can only imagine how hard it is on your body! Hang in there mama!

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: OMG who cares about me, what’s YOUR news?!

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: still nothing. Contractions are somewhat painful but not progressing. Will probably need to be induced in the morning to get things going. DH and I are checked into a hotel and hoping to catch a little sleep if we can!

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Oof, good luck!

6. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@bushelandapeck: good luck!!!

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

It's so exciting that babies are arriving!!

Earlier this week, work threw me a shower and my gift included a $100 target GC. So the other night I finished up that registry.

We ended up returning about $100 worth of stuff to our Amazon registry and that just went through so I used the completion discount and just finished that one off too. And only had to spend about $30 out of pocket to fulfill the $1,000 amount to get the $100 credit for diapers.

The few things that are left (nothing we really "need", but things that'd be nice to have) have been moved into the remaining Buy Buy Baby registry (since they have the best coupons).

Last night I got the letter from the hospital confirming my C section is scheduled. It's crazy we're getting so close!

In other news...DH called me at work today to see if I thought maybe I should meet with my therapist to discuss my insomnia. Um...I think it's something that just happens...not that I'm ignoring some mental health concern! It's sweet that he's concerned (and probably good that he'd say something if PPD/A becomes a concern)...but he couldn't seem to grasp the idea that insomnia is sometimes something that just happens...not necessarily for any reason (especially during pregnancy!).

8. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: yeah, the insomnia sucks! I usually take a Unisom here or there every couple of days to get solid sleep. I'm so tired all the time, but I know it will get worse soon! But then it will be for baby cuddles sooooo that makes it a bit more worth it

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

He’s here!! Baby E came at 8:06am after another fast and furious entrance into the world! 8lb4oz and 20.5” long. He’s a sweetie and we are so glad he’s here!

10. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bushelandapeck: Congrats, he is precious

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

No sweep today, cervix still high and closed. The midwife said not to lose hope though as things can change in an instant. 5 days to induction... we’ll see what happens.

12. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I was never dilated enough to get a sweep with my first and he still ended up coming 5 days after that appt. So there’s still time!!

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: congratulations again!! Hope you guys are enjoying the snuggles

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: keeping my fingers crossed for you! Don’t get too discouraged - things really can ramp up quickly. I’m not a huge fan of cervical checks, just because they really can’t tell you much. Hang in there!

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: insomnia here, too, although I have a nasty cold right now so that isn’t helping It’s just so hard to get comfortable sleeping at this point! Ha.

16. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@bushelandapeck: yay, welcome baby E! He’s adorable! Hope everyone is recovering nicely.

17. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: insomnia over here too, very normal. I feel like trash today from working all week and not getting nearly enough sleep. @DesertDreams88: thanks for reminding me about unisom , I have some from the first tri that I’m going to use tonight! I really think newborn baby sleep will be better than the sleep I’m getting now and at least you’re waking up for a purpose!

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@bushelandapeck: congratulations!!! an adorable baby.

19. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@bushelandapeck: Wow, congratulations!!! He is so cute.

20. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

Theodore David arrived this morning at 8:53! 7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 inches. He took it easy on us today and has spent most of the day snoozing. I’m so happy he’s here and relieved to no longer be pregnant

21. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: It’s sometimes strange what DHs will get concerned about, though it’s nice that he’s thinking about you and recognizing your struggle. I’ve got insomnia too and I NEVER did before this. I think it’s just my size and pressure on my bladder!

22. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@LadyDi: Congrats! DS1 looks stoked to be a big brother! Such a special job he has!

23. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@theotherstark: i also have a cold! i left work early today. it seems we've been passing a cold around our house since Christmas! I hope it goes away before the baby arrives!

Congrats @LadyDi and @BUSHELANDAPECK on the arrivals! so exciting!!

24. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@theotherstark: Born on 01/17/2018.

25. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@LadyDi: Congratulations!!!

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@LadyDi: aww so precious. Congratulations!

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Ergggg: boo, I hope you get better soon! I know, it’s such crummy timing!

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Here is the updated list! so fun to see all of these little peanuts

February Mamas

2/5: Honeydew (#2 scheduled c), dominobee (#1 & 2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1 ), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2 ), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2 )
    2/28: Ergggg (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )

February Babies!

1/17: Tosun (#3 )
    1/26: skate13 (#1 )
    2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3 ), Ladydi (#2 )

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I was so hopeful yesterday evening when I started having sporadic pressure waves. Every time I woke up in the night I was having a wave and I started feeling confident that they’d pick up in the morning. But now it’s 11am and I haven’t had one since 6:30. Going to try to be active and do some nipple stimulation today to see if I can jump start things. Sorry I keep coming on here to complain, I’m just so frustrated! Everyone makes it seem like twins always come early so I definitely thought they’d be here by now. And I’m bummed to be spending maternity leave waiting for them instead of being with them.

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: I'm sorry. I don't have anything to offer but good thoughts that your boys get the message

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I’m sorry you don’t have your boys in your arms yet. I hope they get the message soon and you don’t have to wait for induction to meet them.

32. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@LadyDi: Congrats! He is precious and love his name! Hope you're having a great day 2 with your little boy.

33. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: I'm sorry they're not here yet. The waiting game is so so hard. You have done a great job keeping those boys in there for so long and no matter what happens they will be here very very soon!

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: I hope things get going soon!! Keeping active is good. Drinking third tri tea also tends to give me contractions, so maybe that could help?

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@theotherstark: I agree on the tea. That’s the only thing that really brought on contractions for me. I drank a couple of cups per day during the last week or so of each pregnancy.

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: I’ve been drinking red raspberry leaf tea but I’ll look for the third trimester tea

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: I know it must be so hard at the end to be waiting for your boys and to be going "overdue" in a sense, at least for twins.... your body must be doing an incredible job housing two tiny humans!! Both of my OBs have said that nipple stim is the only truly research-based way to bring on labor, and both times it's been the only natural thing to give me contractions - when pregnant with LO1 I used a manual breast pump, and this time around I'm nursing my toddler (eye roll!!!) a couple times a day and it gets me all crampy. There is some concern out there about overstimulation of the uterus without monitoring but that's up to you. In the end, even if you have to get induced, maybe it will just be the little "kick" that your body needs to get into gear and take it naturally from there. Best wishes!

38. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@theotherstark: just FYI my due date got moved to 2/23 way back

@LadyDi: love the name and agree with PP, your DS looks sooo proud!

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: got it! Must have missed it previously.

@dominobee: I think it’s probably the same thing!

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

2/5: Honeydew (#2 scheduled c), dominobee (#1 & 2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1 ), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2 ), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2), DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2 )
    2/28: Ergggg (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )

February Babies!

1/17: Tosun (#3 )
    1/26: skate13 (#1 )
    2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3 ), Ladydi (#2 )

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee