Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I’m going in for a non stress test a day early. I’m a little freaked out as I’ve experienced decreased fetal movement over the last day or so along with itchy hands and feet for several days which I’ve read can be a sign of choleostasis. Called the midwife on call who said I’ve probably read some “big, scary words” (i.e. stillbirth) and that I should come on in. I didn’t feel any movement this morning until very recently, after I had called in. I will keep you ladies posted.

2. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@dominobee: chiming in to say good luck and I hope everything goes well with your NST. I would recommend taking your hospital bag and everything else you planned to take to the hospital to your appointment in case you get admitted to have your babies. It’ll be one less thing to stress about not having to worry about someone bringing your hospital items.

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Boopers: We decided to leave all that stuff at home for now. I figure DH can go home and get it once my doula comes, if I end up being induced today. We live close to the hospital.

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Both babies have healthy heart rates. They took blood to check for choleostasis though bile acids take weeks to come back so that’s kind of irrelevant. Liver function will come back in an hour or so. Got another cervical check and I’m still high and closed. Midwife just wants to talk to MFM about inducing early but overall everything is okay.

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

MFM wants to induce today. This could take anywhere from 24-72 hours. I’d really wanted to labor at home, so I’m bummed this is how it’s going down. But the important thing is delivering two healthy babies. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to meet them.

6. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I know that this is not going according to your most ideal desires bUT yes, focus on welcoming those babies!!! Keep your eye on the ball, like your nursery theme soon it will be your boys birthday and you have been waiting so long for this day, regardless of details.

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: good luck with the induction. I'm sorry everything isn't going according to plan but in the end you will have two amazing little boys.

8. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: so exciting though I know it’s hard not having things go according to plan. Hopefully it will be a quick induction! Come on out boys!

9. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@dominobee: good luck, mama! We were on ttc boards together and I’m excited you are so close to meeting your sweet boys!

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: you’re so close to meeting your boys!! How are they starting the induction? Try to walk around as much as you can; I know it’s hard with all of the monitoring. Thinking about you!

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: Starting with cervidil. The monitoring is sooooo annoying!

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: I hope everything is progressing well!

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: how are you doing? hopefully the induction isnt too bad

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I’m tired but getting into the groove of things, I guess. Catching naps where I can. On my second dose of misoprostil and not dilated at all at last check. They’ll check me again soon. The monitoring sucks and makes me even more immobile than I was. They’re having a hard time distinguishing between the babies so they’re constantly adjusting them.

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: I'll keep thinking good thoughts that things move along quickly and you get to hold those adorable little boys soon.

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Continued good luck!!

So I finally heard back from HR. If I have a scheduled C on the 19th (the day my doctor originally suggested), I have enough leave to get me to the new fiscal year with ONE HOUR to spare.

I can't make this stuff up... I'm going to check with him tomorrow about maybe moving it back. I think I'd prefer to go on a Monday anyway. That way DH and I have one last weekend just the two of us, and neither of us has to work two last days right before the baby comes.

17. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@dominobee: thinking of you and can’t wait to see photos of those precious boys!!

18. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@dominobee: thread stalking to see how you’re doing. Thinking of you and your boys probably a weird amount.

19. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@knittylady: @dominobee: me too!!

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

48 hours in and this is the quick update:
    -cervidil Sunday
    -2 rounds of miso Monday
    -Foley bulb inserted Monday bc I was still high and closed. It was literally in for 5 seconds, I dilated to about 3cm that quickly.
    -pit started at 4pm Monday. Waves were 1-3 mins apart and not very uncomfortable until about 3am.
    -epidural placed and activated at 4am so I could rest. Hadn’t slept for more than an hour at a time at that point and have slept probably 8 hours off and on since then.
    -waves slowed to about every 3 mins while sleeping so put was increased.
    -cervical check showed little progress around 3pm so we broke Baby A’s water in the hopes of things picking up.
    -Pit is now at 18 with long, fairly strong waves

That’s the update. Feeling a wee bit frustrated that things aren’t progressing faster and that I can’t get out of bed. Really hoping these boys come soon.

Oh and BTW I don’t know dilation #s bc I’m trying not to play mind games with myself and get discouraged.

21. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: damn, those boys are really comfy in there! Hopefully things will pick up soon! We’re all thinking of you and can’t wait for you to meet those babes!

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: they sound super comfy, hopefully they get the message soon and you can hold your boys on the outside. GO MAMA

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Mikey & Charlie born 10:16 and 10:17pm respectively. Via c-section as I’d developed fever and their heart rates were elevated and I was not progressing or even contracting anymore. All three of us are doing well and I’m about to get to spend some time with them. More info and pics coming tomorrow.

24. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: happy that they’re here! I know that wasn’t the birth you had planned for but I hope you’re doing well and can enjoy their arrival!

25. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@dominobee: congratulations!!!! I’m sorry for the marathon delivery but happy you’re all well. ❤

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Welcome to the world little guys. Congrats Mom and Dad

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: congratulations!!!

28. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@dominobee: congratulations!!!!

29. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: congratulations!

Hope you’re all able to get some rest - I know easier said than done! I found the hardest part of recovering from laboring + eventual c-section was my fatigue.

30. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@dominobee: congrats!!

31. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: So glad they're finally here! Hope you all are doing well recovering ♥

32. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@dominobee: congratulations! Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Can’t wait to see pictures!

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Introducing Michael Jeremiah (left) and Charles Thomas (right)! Mikey is 6 lb 15 oz and 18.5” long, Charlie is 5 lb 9 oz and 18” long. Mom is exhausted after 2 1/2 day long induction ending in a near emergent but technically elective c-section. Eating my first real meal in 48 hours and looking forward to some real sleep tonight. Will type up a more narrative version of our birth story later, when I’m on my laptop. In the meantime, enjoy this photo of our two beautiful boys!

34. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: they look ADORABLE and so much chubbier than their stats! seriously so cute. enjoy your meal and I hope the hospital nurses are SUPERB

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: they are adorable enjoy your meal and I hope they let you rest and recover

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: So glad to see them! They're so cute ♥ Hope you're able to finally get some rest

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: such cuties!! Congratulations again I hope you can get some rest!!

38. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@dominobee: oh my goodness! They’re gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

39. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

congrats @dominobee ! those are adorable babies!! so glad they've arrived safe and sound!

40. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@dominobee: Delurking to say CONGRATS! I'm sorry the birth didn't go as planned, but your boys are adorable! 💙💙

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee