Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 symptoms

1. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Navy_Mommy: lol that is a miracle

@MrsH: Nothing yet. I feel like baby is getting right down in there but no plug, no show, a little bit of BH but that's about it.

2. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MrsH: is this your first? I didn't have ANY Braxton Hicks with my first and I have TONS with this pregnancy, which is apparently normal.

I just ate my first date ever ( dates apparently decrease a need to be induced) and it was NASTY! Ugh.

3. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Lindsay05: baby has dropped but aside from that I've got nothing.

@Navy_Mommy: yup, my first. I put dates in my oatmeal sometimes.

4. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MrsH: supposedly I have to eat 6 a day, lol. I just had #4 and the taste didn't bother me, but the texture did. I have to choke them down

5. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MrsH: @Navy_Mommy: there are dates in LARABARS-that's the main ingredient in most of them. Does that count??

I'm so excited that January babies are almost here!

6. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MrsH: No signs here either! No BH, no plug, nothing. I'm 36 weeks today and I definitely felt it when we went grocery shopping today. It was a quick trip too! Ugh. My belly just felt so heavy and I was walking super slow. Poor DH had to walk at a snails pace to not leave me in the dust.

7. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@MrsH: No real signs here either. At my weekly checks, zero dilation. no BH (unless it's lightening crotch which has happened only twice).

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Shopping for groceries have been a pain for me too. My DH hates shopping and we usually zip right on through. But my waddling has slowed us down considerably and the constant urge to go to pee.

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I never lost my plug with my first.

I feel like the baby is giving me a papsmear. From the inside. And iconstantly FEEL like I need to pee but can't. Which started exactly one week before my son was born.

I have so much to do. It isn't supposed to be baby time yet, lol.

9. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

I don't have much either. Some BH if I've been at work (so on my feet) all day, but that's about it. Baby has dropped for sure, but I still feel like he can drop further. A co-worker today said "you're doing amazing considering you're about to give birth" which I originally thought was nice but then thought, oh, that means I'm probably not close! Haha. Now I know what another co-worker meant when she was 37 weeks and said "I don't feel much different, but I want to, because then I'll feel like something's happening!"

10. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Anyone else having tailbone pain? I have this weird fear (maybe it's a real thing) that my tailbone is going to break when the baby is coming through the birth canal.

11. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Vegmama: I don't know if you just planted a seed in my head or what, but I'm having CRAZY tailbone pain tonight. I was in downward dog/child's pose for a good half hour (switching between the two) trying to relieve the pressure on my tailbone.

This kid is ticking me off tonight, lol. I feel like he's clawing at my cervix. I'm peeing every 10 minutes. I'm not a happy camper. And I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow...still got a few weeks AT LEAST!

12. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I am feeling you on the peeing! I think she has definitely made we way down and its constantly feeling like I'm about to pee myself a little every 10 min! Painful!

I've lost my plug over the past 3-4 days. It's been interesting lol. I'm not feeling anymore contractions (bh or otherwise) but feeling lots of pressure.

I put a pad on because I'm officially afraid I'm going to pee my pants! Haha

I also have gone into full nesting mode. It's no joke, I wake up in the middle of the night wanting to cook more freezer meals or re organize her diapers (???)

13. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Ugh. Pregnancy insomnia. Woke up an hour ago and can't go back to sleep. Everyone tells me that I need to sleep while I can, but I can't! So frustrating.

In other news, I have my last shower tomorrow (well, later today) and then I can officially start nesting! Hooray!

14. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm right here with you!! Insomnia is the lamest thing when you're exhausted! Why won't the sleep come?!

Have fun at your shower!!

15. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Oh the insomnia is awful! I wake up at 3 every night and cannot get back to sleep.

Today is my due date! Absolutely no signs of anything happening

16. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @wahine08: @Lindsay05: ugh, me too. I'm up for at least two hours at 3 am

17. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@wahine08: @Lindsay05: @MrsH: I was up for 2.5 hours last night between 2 and 430 am! It was the worst! I was able to get alittle organizing done that's a plus I guess.

Had our last shower today! We got 3 boxes of newborn/0-3 month clothes from our friends, so I'm really excited about not having to do as much laundry in the early days, lol. I can finally take tags of things and wash sheets and blankets tomorrow.

18. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Sounds like you had a great shower!

I woke up this morning (well was up since 4) and around 6 I started to get low back pain and some cramping. I got up and was getting some small contractions about 15 minutes apart. I got all my stuff ready to go because we live 45 mins from hospital and not taking any chances. Well, the contractions are gone now Still at home. I have a dr's appointment today so we will see if anything is progressing.

19. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lindsay05: Be prepared for that to happen a lot, unfortunately. It's just your body getting ready!

One of the many reasons I love that I'm about 90 seconds from my hospital, lol.

20. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Navy_Mommy: yeah its crazy! This didn't happen last time, that I am aware of!

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so excited to be doing laundry! Haha. I can't wait to put all the clothes and blankets away and finally have stuff done. I also discovered that the boxes of second-hand clothes that our friends got us included a swaddle and a halo sleep sack! I was going to buy those but now we get to test drive it and see if LO likes them.

22. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lindsay05: you probably just didn't feel it last time.

23. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Navy_Mommy: thats what I am thinking!

Just had my 40 wk check up and I am 2 cm dilated! We ended up doing a stretch and sweep (omg I forgot how much that hurts!).

24. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lindsay05: How far were you when you delivered your first?

25. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Navy_Mommy: like weeks? I had her at 41 + 3.

I had contractions last night 5 minutes apart. Just as we decided to go get checked, they slowed down and I haven't had one since 2 am. Tick tock.

26. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lindsay05: yes, weeks, lol.

False labor sucks

Last night I was able to get some REALLY strong BHs going while briskly walking (practically jogging, lol). Little Man didn't appreciate it and tried to punch out my belly button, hahahaha.

I have an appointment today. Not really looking forward to it since I have to bring DS1. I don't think she'll check me anyway since she did last time. We'll see. I want her to try and strip my membranes next week but I don't think she will yet, lol (I'm only 37w3d right now). So for now I'll just keep walking, drinking my tea, eating dates, and having sex!

27. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Had my first check today and I'm 0 dialated, so Dr's orders are walking and more sex! DH was happy to hear that since we haven't gotten busy in a loooong time, lol.

28. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: with my first i didn't dilate at all till I was in active labor. My water actually broke at 2 CM. So, no worries!

29. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Yeah I'm not too worried about it either. My Mom said she didn't really dialate until she was in active labor, plus she and my sister were both close to their due dates or past them when they had their babies. I'm fine with no baby right now because I have a massage/pedi appt at 38.5 weeks that I want to take full advantage of!

30. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

Ugh! Totally went in today with a false alarm! I was very sure that my waters were breaking, I was having consistent 'trickling' from midnight til about 7.. Anddddd nothing. Sent home and they said it was discharge! I didn't know you could have discharge like this, it's completely new to me. Clear and so watery. Wearing pads and still having the watery sensation.

No consistent ontractions though and I'm still a little over 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced. They keep telling me she is 'very low' though which I don't know if it makes a difference.

Anyone else experience this discharge?

31. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@wahine08: i had that with DD. Same thing, I went in and they said it was just discharge. However I ended up going into labour just a few days later!

32. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

I am 39 weeks today and so ready to have this baby. This PUPPS rash is so overwhelmingly itchy, and the heartburn is so bad I can't lay down at night. I haven't seen any promising signs that he is coming. Ugh. I'm so over working, I am so tired and sore by the end of the day. Sorry for the vent, I just had to get that out. I just want to meet my little man!!!

33. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Lindsay05: glad to know I'm not alone in assuming it might've been water breaking! I hope I get to meet her in a few days that would be awesome!

@Emsmems: I am so sorry you have to go through these terrible symptoms! Being itchy is the worst sensation to me, I can't imagine PUPPS. More power to you for working through it and I hope you get to meet your little guy soon!!!

34. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@wahine08: thank you. The rash is really annoying, but it's a combination of everything that I'm just over! I hope @Lindsay05: is right and your little girl is coming soon!

35. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Thinking of you ladies!!!!! I thought my water was breaking allllll the time, and when it finally did (during labor), it was so rewarding!

Again, thinking of you during these last days & weeks.

36. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Ugh. I'm achey all over. Pain radiating from my back around my middle. Which COULD be a sign labor is coming, or could just be my back hurting, lol.

I had tons of false labor yesterday; while I was up walking around I'd have contractions, they'd stop when I'd sit down. Not even 38 weeks till Sunday... I can't handle 2+ weeks of this! Lol.

37. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

I had what I thought was bloody show yesterday morning and this morning. It was followed by period like cramps on and off today. I had my 39 week cervical check today and zero effacement and barely 1 cm dilation.

I'm going out of my mind thinking today is the day.... I have another appointment with my OB next week. Hopefully I wont have to go then.

38. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

My back has been hurting way more lately and my pelvis hurts! I hope this means my body is preparing to get this baby outta here! @Honeydew: wow, sounds promising! Fingers crossed!

39. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

LO has discovered my sciatic nerve. My left hip and leg are hurting like crazy! I've got 2 days until my due date, and I hope she comes soon because I AM READY.

40. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Lots of progress going on here ladies! I hope everyone is feeling well

I am now 4 days past my due date. I have had steady contractions for 24 hours now but still about 8 mins apart. I lost my plug and also had some bloody show as of this morning. I have an induction scheduled for a week from today but hopefully something happens before that. This is both frustrating and exhausting.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee