Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Kids

1. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@QueensBee: That sounds like good progress. DS2 also prefers to sleep alone in his crib and will not be nursed or rocked to sleep. He has two teeth and is working on two more.

DS2 is very active, he crawls, pulls up, and cruises. He learned to sit, get to sitting position, crawl on all fours, and pull up all within a few days, about a month ago, and cruising soon followed. He also climbs stairs.

He was quite big at his 6 month appointment, but I think his growth has slowed, he has been in his 12 month clothes for a few months.

2. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

I've missed hearing about your LOs!
    A is awesome. She hit a really rough patch of sleep a few weeks ago but seems to be getting back to normal - thank goodness! She's taken a few steps here but mostly to catch herself from faking and she is getting pretty good at standing unassisted. She's quite the climber. She's onto the couch easily now and loves to climb the bookcases.
    She's about 22lbs now. Her chart now has her at 99.5% for weight, 100% for height, and 91% for head. Pinhead!
    She eats a ton and isn't nursing as much which makes me sad but I'm OK with her doing things as she's ready for them.

3. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

A seems to have FINALLY turned a corner and is more pleasant in the evenings. We moved up her bath/bedtime and that seems to be helping. It makes my evenings super hectic, but I just keep reminding myself that it's temporary and eventually she'll be able to stay up a little bit later. And that she's actually happy and a pleasure to be around, whereas before I dreaded coming home after work because she was SO miserable!

Girlfriend looooves to eat, but hasn't quite figured out true solids yet, so other than teething biscuits and sticks of roasted sweet potato, she's mostly getting purees; she'll easily eat 5oz of purees in one sitting, usually plus a biscuit or sweet potato "fry."

She has just one lonely little tooth that just cut through last weekend when she was with my parents (so we missed the night of every 30-45 minute wakeups). I think it's neighbor is working it's way through, too, now.

She's sitting like a champ, and does really well with reaching for toys and pulling herself back up. No crawling yet, but it's coming. And she seems interested in pulling herself up on stuff (mostly the edge of the tub when she's in the bath) but doesn't have the strength for that quite yet.

D is still an amazing big brother, and she thinks he's just about the funniest thing in the world. I love watching them interact!

4. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Climbing!! Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I don't have a climber!
    New development though! He can stand without holding on to anything for about 5-7 seconds! He can walk with a push toy and has taken 2 steps and fallen. He doesn't seem remotely ready to walk as he isn't super stable but I guess he is determined.
    @littlebug: WOW! LUCKY you to have missed the teething! We've had a rough few nights as he is cutting his 5th dang tooth. ugh.

5. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@QueensBee: that's awesome that the therapists are pleased with her progress!
    @travellingbee: @oliviaoblivia: your babies have some strong legs! Standing unassisted and climbing?! They're going to be on American Ninja Warrior someday!!
    @littlebug: C is also a pouch devourer, she sucks them down so fast! She likes regular food but doesn't actually eat much. I wish she would, we'd love to stop buying so much baby food.

I have no clue what she weighs, her 9 month check up isn't for a few weeks. I'd guess she's 16-17lbs? She seems so small to me. She can scoot around by leaning onto her hands & knees, angling herself, and plopping her tush down in a new spot. My son only rolled and then went straight to crawling, so this new kind of movement cracks us up! I hope she'll figure out crawling soon; she seems so frustrated lately. Also, NO TEETH! Where are those suckers? But she's learned how to play peekaboo by covering her face with objects and can wave/point really well

6. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: L too with the pouches!

7. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

Hi mommies and babies! Happy 1st birthday to all the January babies. How are y'all doing? My 1 year old is soooo feisty and a hot mess. We call her hurricane baby!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee