Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@BandDmommy: I am really lucky that my mom is an RN so she has been giving them to me. we visit them every weekend anyway so thats just part of our visit for now. If she wasn't I would be going to the Dr. office since my office doesn't offer visiting nurses.

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

We finally got the nursery emptied today, and now I'm in L&D.

Our little girl passed away about 10 days ago. Please pray for us.

I'm u subscribing so I can just check in when I feel able.

3. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@MaryM: Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you loving and healing thoughts your way.

4. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@MaryM: I'm so so sorry for your loss. You must be so heartbroken. I hope you can find a way to heal, with time.

5. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@MaryM: oh no! Oh no! I am so terribly, terribly sorry!! I'm so heartbroken for you!

6. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@MaryM: so very sorry for the loss of your little one, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. So heartbroken for you

7. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@MaryM: I'm so very sorry for your loss. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. Sending you lots of love.

8. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@MaryM: oh I am so terribly, terribly sorry. All the hugs in the world.

9. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@MaryM: I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Sending love and prayers to you and your husband. So heartbroken...

10. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@MaryM: I'm so so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

11. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@MaryM: I am so sorry. Thinking of you and your husband. Take care of yourself during this most difficult time. ❤

12. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: I am so very sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and I hope you find some peace in this difficult time.

13. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: I am so sorry - my heart is absolutely breaking for you and I am sending prayers to you and your family. I wish there was more I could say or do for you - I am so deeply sorry.

14. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@MaryM: I am so devastated for your loss. My heart is just breaking for you. I am thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

15. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@MaryM: I know you must be devastated by this loss. My heart and love is reaching out to your family.

16. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MaryM: I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for comfort and peace in the days ahead.

17. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@MaryM: how devastating. Thinking of you and your family

18. RsMom

cherry / 233 posts

@MaryM: I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

19. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@MaryM: Oh my gosh.. I am so sorry. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

20. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MaryM: I am so sorry for your loss.

21. travellingbee

I had my glucose screening this morning. I was so anxious about it all weekend, because I was terrified I'd throw up and have to start over. But I took Zofran and ate a high protein breakfast and it went OK. Glad it is over. Now fingers crossed I passed. I start going for checkups every 2 weeks now!

22. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: Yay for not getting sick from it! I have no idea when mine is.. I see the midwife today (I actually just bumped up my appt from 6pm to 4pm because I'm not feeling that well and he's not moving much..) so I'm anticipating getting that info today and if not, I'll ask!

23. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Is anyone doing any type of childbirth classes? FTM here so I'm going all out lol.. maybe overboard.. but thta's okay. My doula recommended The Bradley Method, as did a friend of mine, so we start this Saturday!! Due to being due around the holidays it was hard to find a class that fit into mine and DH's wonky schedules so the only one that works starts this weekend. It's a 6 week series instead of 12, so I'll be done two months before EDD but that's fine, I guess.

Also picked our pediatrician!

24. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: I think they usually do it between 26 and 28 weeks. Woo! We are close to third trimester! Home stretch!

25. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: Definitely recommend doing them. It made a huge difference for me, in just being calm, and knowing what to expect. I think we will do an infant cpr because we never got around to it last time and it has always freaked me out that we didn't.

26. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: Thank goodness. I feel like this pregnancy has been so long, but I think it's because I'm so nervous and am just praying everything is okay and stays okay, etc. I don't know how I'm going to get pregnant with a second one ... the anxiety is killer and I don't know if I can deal with it again.

27. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@kristinleigh: We did an online childbirth class with our first, but also did a class on the "happiest baby on the block" I wish we had done an in person childbirth class, mainly for my husband! I think he was surprised by the process- he clearly wasn't paying that much attention when we watching the videos!! I've heard great things about the Bradley method and I think it's good to get it done before you are too big and uncomfortable.

I definitely recommend the Happiest baby on the block. They have a book and video. My husband found it really useful and mastered the 5 S's techniques!!

28. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@brady80: I figure it will be most beneficial for DH! I'm a nurse so I feel like I know a lot of what to expect, etc., and I've done a lot of reading. But he hasn't been reading and stuff haha so I just figure it will at least benefit him!

My hospital does a happiest baby on the block class for $50 you get the video.. and my insurance gives $50 towards any class there so I will add that to the list to get done!

29. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: DH is a police officer and CPR instructor and I'm a nurse and I highly recommend infant/child CPR class!

30. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@kristinleigh: definitely do it if you can. I feel like it helped my husband be less scared of the baby when she was crying. Because I had a c-section, he had to be really hands on the first few weeks. He ended up swaddling her much better then I ever did! That's great that your insurance offers that!

31. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I am waiting to do birthing classes until Christmas break, bc that's what I think works best for DH's & I's schedule, but I'm a bit nervous because I'll be 36 weeks by then. I just read yesterday that women with PCOS have a 13% risk of preterm birth, vs. 7% in the general population But hey, that's still a 87% chance of a term birth, if things continue going well. We're doing a 7 hour Saturday class with a hospital tour included. We also might do a 2 hours breastfeeding class, but I don't know about that..... thoughts?

On a related note, I've got a "preparing for baby" calendar and it is filling up fast, and that's besides appointments!

October: Reorganizing our bedroom to accommodate baby rooming with us and creating an FMLA binder for my sub, purchasing breastfeeding supplies

November: Converting our office into the nursery, prepping cloth diapers and washing used baby clothes, purchasing necessary registry items on Black Friday (after baby showers)

December: Organizing house, birth classes, purchasing postpartum supplies & hospital bag stuff, celebrate holidays

January: Making meals and trying to rest? Weekly appointments by then, so.... yeah.

I am a schedule, calendar, list-making kind of gal.

32. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Oh for sure do a breastfeeding class!!

33. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

We never got to do out childbirth class but I wish we had, debating whether or not as a second time mom.

In other news, I spent most of Saturday night in L&D for contractions. I felt off all day and by the evening my back and abdomen were killing me so my Dr had me go in. I apparently have an irritable uterus, but they aren't sure whats causing it; could be my muscles are straining to support my belly weight, dehydration (I don't even know how this would be possible, I would have to live in the bathroom if I drank more water) or it could be that i Just wasn't feeling well and it was a one time thing. Either way, I ordered a belly support band and am taking it easy. I am trying not to pick up my 30 pound toddler too much (which I hate) and take frequent breaks if I am on my feet a lot. I have a follow up with my Dr. this week.

34. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

We did a breastfeeding class and birth class. The birth class was ok - the most helpful part for us was when they helped us figure out what relaxation techniques worked for me (most effective for me was facing Hubs, and leaning into him with my arms around his neck). Breastfeeding class was helpful to learn the various holds, plus they gave me informatoin on the New Mom Support Group, which the LC running the class also ran; I absolutely utilized that support group while I was home on maternity leave, and wouldn't have known about it had I not gone to that class.

As far as nursery progress is concerned, the furniture is purchased but not yet put together. Hubs just steam-cleaned the carpet last night, so we plan to put together the furniture this weekend.

I feel like Babygirl is SUPER low. Often when I feel her moving around, it's way down in my pelvis. My belly gets very heavy by the end of day, sometimes with a lot of pressure down low. I need to buy a support belt, because we are going to Florida in a few weeks and I'll need support for all the walking around Disney World we'll be doing. I had one for my last pregnancy but found it was REALLY uncomfortable. Hoping to find something better this time around.

35. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Baby weighing 305 grams. They want me to start monitoring my blood pressure at home as a precaution (it's totally normal and always has been). Also have a lovely bladder infection so got antibiotics for that. And have lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks, making my overall weight gain....2 lb.

Hmmm. That's about it. Slow and steady. Lol.

36. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

January 2016 moms!

January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: travellingbee (#2) , Karen (#2), worrywart (#2)
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1) , lauren0187 (#1)
    January 8: sera_87 (#3) , civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) , smith (#1)
    January 10: queensbee (#2) , Mrs.Grapefruit (#1), rsmom (#2)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2) , kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2) , ari123 (#1)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2) , nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) , cvwood (#2), , swoggette (#3) , desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 20: Oliviaoblivia (#3)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

marym (#1) passed at 24 weeks. RIP

37. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I took a lot of classes last pregnancy, because my hospital offered them free if you were delivering there. I also watched the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD, and read a lot of books in preparation. The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD was possibly the most useful thing, because neither of us had any experience soothing babies, and it gave us a lot of confidence when stuff actually worked.

The L&D class was okay, but the hospital tour was probably the most useful part. I was always planning on an epidural, though, and I ended up going to the hospital relatively early because my water broke, so I was supported by the nurses through labor. I got my epidural pretty early, so I never needed the relaxation techniques (I was 6 cm, but not in much pain).

Breastfeeding class was okay, but was probably more useful for DH than I. I took a pumping class (without DH) which was more useful. The lactation consultant in the hospital was by far the most helpful in learning to breastfeed, because it is much easier to learn when you have an actual baby.

The infant care class was not terribly useful, I found the nurses in the hospital were much more helpful in teaching us how to do stuff.

Infant CPR and safety was worthwhile.

38. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Saw midwife earlier yesterday than my scheduled appointment. Was having mild contractions and just felt off. Everything is fine but baby is head down which they say is causing some of my twinges/pains. Heart rate was good... 154. I just keep telling him to keep cooking!

Blood pressure has been very low.. was 82/54 yesterday. Checked it three times too and it was all about the same. I've always run lower but this is LOW.

Glucose test some time in the next two weeks.. I can just walk into the lab in the morning and do it. I get to do 18 jelly beans instead of the drink.. perks of having a midwife, but she said a lot of doctors are turning that way too so it doesn't hurt to ask!

39. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@DesertDreams88: You are so organized! That's one of my goals for 2016, is to be more organized. I buy a cute planner every year that hardly gets used then rely on my iPhone calendar which I don't record in detail like I should.

40. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@kristinleigh: Yes, keep cooking baby. Will staying off of your feet help to reduce the contractions?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee