Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@travellingbee: Ughh...bronchitis sounds like misery this late in the game! I just started with a sore, scratchy throat yesterday, so I look forward to that developing into something. Blergh.

Does everyone have names picked out? We have several that we keep waffling back and forth on. Her middle name will be Kay, which is my MIL's middle name. D's middle name is my dad's first name, and we wanted to use something from Hubs' family. I'm not in love with Kay, but whatever. Our top choices are Liviana, Ruby, and Ainsley. If it were up to me, she'd be named Lennon, but Hubs pretty much hates it, sooo...unless I play the "I pushed this kid out of my hoo-hah" card, I think it's pretty well off the table.

2. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@littlebug: we're still back and forth on names. I have my favorite, he has his. I really want this sorted soon.

@travellingbee: I'm sorry you're so sick. We've been sick every say except four since thanksgiving. It's so so hard. I should go to the doctor but after what happened last time I just don't feel comfortable taking any drugs.

3. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Worrywart: good luck today!!

4. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@littlebug: love Ainsley.

5. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Major milestone achieved yesterday. This makes my heart so happy.

6. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@sera_87: Me, too! From that list, Liviana was my top favorite until a few days ago when Ainsley popped back on my radar. Now I'm leaning heavily towards that name!

ETA: Yay!!! What a little fighter you have.

7. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@littlebug: we have a boy name picked out, but can't decide on a girl name. Hopefully it's a boy!

@sera_87: yea for milestones! He is adorable.

8. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

Just had my 38 week appointment and I'm 4 cm dialated. Doctor offered to induce me today, but I'm trying to hold out for next week so my parents can come take care of LO1.

9. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Well despite the bronchitis my doctor thought it was fine to proceed with the membrane sweep. She was quite vigorous... We'll see. I'm spotting now, which I think is normal. Not much cervixal change. First she said it's about the same, then when she was sweeping she said I stretched to more like 2 1/2 cm. still about 75% effaced. Head "well applied" to cervix. Cervix moved forward a bit more though. So now we wait and see what happens.

10. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: wow!! 4cm!!

11. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: yeah, I wasn't even 1 cm when they started the induction with LO1. I need to make it to at least tomorrow though - my dad had surgery yesterday and will be released from the hospital today, so the earliest my parents can come is tomorrow.

12. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@littlebug: We are not sure on the name. We only have one name we are really considering, but are not sure.

@sera_87: Fantastic!

@travellingbee: I might have spoken too soon, I feel like I am coming down with something.

13. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@sera_87: yay, what a beautiful baby and picture. Keep em coming! (Cute baby pix).

14. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

And I jinxed it. after my cervical check I went to lunch with a friend and my water broke while we were eating. Less than 4 hrs later, we welcomed our little BOY to the world.

Introducing Lucas. Born today at 5:08 pm. 9 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long.

15. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: holy cow!!! Huge congrats!!! What a cutie- and great name!!

16. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: oh boy! Congratulations! He's gorgeous!

17. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: congrats!!!!

DS arrived today as well! The induction went great and 12 hrs later, our 6 lb 15 oz baby BOY was born. Still working on a name......

18. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@Worrywart: congratulations! He's beautiful.

19. travellingbee

@Worrywart: yay congrats! He's beautiful!

Wow! 2 babies!! Mine appears to want to stay put for now. Nothing happening!

20. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: @Worrywart: congratulations!!! Two beautiful boys! 💙💙

21. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Worrywart: congratulations on your son!!! Can't wait to hear his name.

22. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: congratulations!!! What a big healthy looking boy!

23. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@Worrywart: congratulations! So glad you had a good induction. Hope you can get some rest before leaving the hospital!

24. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

Babies! Congratulations mamas on your beautiful little bundles.

25. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

Wow! Busy day in the January group yesterday - and it's not even January yet!!

@Worrywart: @mrs.shinerbock: Congrats to you both on your beautiful baby boys!!

I was getting a little nervous last night. My stomach felt VERY tight, and I was having waves of nausea. I told my husband that if the tightness developed a pattern, we were going to need to put his parents on stand-by. In the end, I think I just needed to "make some room," if you know what I mean. After I went to the bathroom, I felt MUCH better.

26. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: @Worrywart: Congrats to you both for your sweet little boys!

27. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

@sera_87: adorable!

28. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Worrywart: congrats

29. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: wow that's a big baby! Congrats!

30. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: @Worrywart: yay!!! Congrats!!!!!

31. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@sera_87: So happy to hear about new milestones! What a fighter!

@Worrywart: @mrs.shinerbock: Congratulations on two beautiful boys! Hope you are feeling good!

Okay, I'm officially ready to get the show on the road here. Holidays are over and I'd love to have this baby in 2015 to get the tax deduction!

32. travellingbee

@QueensBee: me too! DH is gettin anxious because if he wait until induction on Monday, we lose the tax deduction and he has to take a week off of work.

33. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Congratulations @worrywart: and @mrs.shinerbock:!

@sera_87: Is the milestone that he rolled over on his side / belly? Regardless, he looks much bigger and cozy! Can't wait until you get to bring him home

@QueensBee: & @travellingbee: it's not just the tax deduction, but also the health care deductible! I have a high deductible HSA plan, and I finally surpassed my deductible like 2 weeks ago.... just in time for it to start over in 1 day

34. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@DesertDreams88: no, the milestone is that he's out of the isolette and into an open air bed. Basically it means he can regulate his own temperature

He's up to 2.6 lbs.

35. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@QueensBee: @DesertDreams88: @travellingbee: DD2 was due on Jan.1st but came on Dec. 29th. Those three days will save us about $20,000 in day care payments because the school cutoff is Dec. 31st.

36. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sera_87: 2.6 is amazing! He's doing so well!

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

37 weeks yesterday! I was hoping to make it through without stretch marks on my belly (I started with stretch marks up top at about 20 weeks); but in the last week or so they've all appeared, radiating outwards from my belly button.

My weight gain has slowed a bit, though, which is good since my OB is concerned about my & baby's size. He said that based on my cervical check next week, he'll decide whether or not to send me for a measurement ultrasound (which I know are very unreliable at this point). But by that appt I'll be 38w1d, and the ultrasound won't happen until most likely 38w3d which will be a Friday, so hopefully that will delay any decision making until Monday / 38w6d.... giving baby more time to come on his own. I'm not opposed to an induction, but I really don't want a planned CS for my first; based on how it would impact future TTC.

38. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: wonderful!! Thanks for the clarification

39. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@QueensBee: @travellingbee: us too!! Also my maternity leave starts on Monday, so I'd love to have the baby before. I was originally scheduled to have a RCS at the end of the month due to placenta previa, but it moved, so now I'm scheduled for the 8th. I REALLY want to have this baby in 2015! Just went for a long walk and am drinking raspberry leaf tea. I had my fingers crossed that my doctor would send me to the hospital after my appointment yesterday but no such luck. My BP has been borderline high, but not worrisome. Fingers crossed our babies make their appearances soon!

40. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: @Worrywart: Congratulations!

@sera_87: That is great growth.

I am apparently the only one who would be financially better off waiting for January. I have a high deductible plan, but the deductible is $2000 more per person in December 2015. If I make it to January, my OB is only billing me for ultrasounds and blood work in 2015, everything else will go to the new deductible. I also have some work stuff I want to wrap up, I am working through the end of next week, unless I go into labor sooner.

My OB thinks I will make it to my induction date, but I should be favorable for the induction. I am still only dilated to 1, but soft, and the head is very very low. I am also strep b+. I am not worried about needing an IV or laboring in the hospital, because I did not mind laboring in the hospital last time, and plan on getting an epidural again, but I am somewhat worried about not having enough time for the antibiotics, which is probably not reasonable.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee