Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: @DesertDreams88: @oliviaoblivia: @brady80: It's so crazy how a few days difference can mean a cost or savings of thousands of dollars!

I also get more paid leave if I have a c-section instead of a VBAC. I'm trying not to let that influence my decision but it's hard!

@sera_87: Such awesome news!

@mdf106: Hope you can hold out until January then!! I think I'd also prefer to labor at hospital now that I have a LO at home. Laboring and caring for a toddler does not seem compatible to me!

2. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@mdf106: when is your induction date set for?

3. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@travellingbee: January 11.

4. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Ok weird question: would you go for the convertible car seat right away or get an infant seat? The two I've picked out both start at about 4-5lbs, and going to convertible right away saves us about 250$. But......somehow the infant seems "safer"? Which I know is irrational since the convertible is a diono.

WWYD?

ETA: if he was normal sized I would go to the convertible right away.

5. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@sera_87: Hmmm, as long as you think Theo will be 4-5 lbs by his first ride, I think I'd go with the convertible. Or, is there any way you could use an older infant seat from a previous kid for a month or so? I didn't buy a new infant seat for our LO#2 (reusing our old one until we upgrade to the Diono convertible) so my vote is to find a way to avoid it.

It's looking like this baby is going to be a 2016 birthday. With six hours left to the year and no signs of labor...ah, well. Anyone else getting closer?

6. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@sera_87: Good question - why are infant car seats SO much more expensive than convertibles?!! I can't really help because we just bought a Chicco Key Fit 30 for our first and didn't even think about a convertible car seat at the time.

Eeeeee! It's January! Let's see all the babies!

7. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

Dropping in to update. I am at labor and delivery waiting on a plan to deliver tonight or tomorrow due To a sudden onset of preeclampsia.
    Happy New Year mamas!

8. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@Swoggette: ah welcome to the "sudden onset" pre e club! Good luck!!! Wishing you and baby a healthy delivery!

9. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Swoggette: exciting! Hoping everything goes well!

10. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Swoggette: How exciting! Sudden onset of pre-e sounds a bit scary but glad they caught it and that you are in good hands at the hospital! Good luck, thinking of you!

11. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Swoggette: oh no about the pre-e, oh yay about baby! All the best wishes for a smooth delivery and healthy LO & mama

12. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

Thanks mamas! So my BP is somewhat stable. They medicated me and sent me home for the night. Back there tomorrow for updating. I am only 37 weeks today and they want to keep her in for a bit longer if possible. Fingers crossed.

13. travellingbee

@Swoggette: glad to hear your BO is stable! FXed for baby cooking a bit longer!

And now I have a sinus infection and need antibiotics. I'm so miserable.

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

So sorry to hear, @travellingbee:! That induction and baby is coming so soon!

15. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: the antibiotics seem to be helping. I'm not 100% but I'm getting better. I think this guy is holding off til I'm well. 1 more day!

16. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: omg!!!! So exciting. Glad to hear you are on the mend!

17. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@travellingbee: Glad you're feeling better. One more day, you're almost there!!!

18. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@sera_87: That's so awesome that your little guy is making so much progress! He looks great. I think my only argument for the infant carseat is that you're able to keep them asleep when you take them out of the car. For us, that was a priority with our first because he was impossible to get back to sleep. But if you've had two already and don't care, then I say go for the convertible.

@travellingbee: Ugh, I'm on my second round of sickness in the last month, too. I'm glad you're feeling better in time for the big day! I know you're so ready to get this pregnancy over with.

@Swoggette: Glad they got you stabilized to wait a little longer, I hope you and the baby are still doing well!

19. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@Worrywart: Congrats! Naming is so hard, we didn't have one ready when our first was born. I hope you're making progress on that

20. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: Ah! I'm so afraid of my water breaking while I'm out and about, I hope it wasn't too dramatic. Congrats on your boy!

21. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

No dilation, effacement, or even Braxton Hicks contractions over here at 38 weeks.... Kind of a bummer, but I have some work things I want to wrap up anyway. On the upside, my OB is less concerned about baby's size and so no ultrasound / scheduled induction / C-section, for now. He also mentioned that the baby's head is definitely dropping in my pelvis, so maybe -2 or -1 station? He said something along the lines of,"wow, his head is right there, isn't it?" during the cervical check.

22. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm in the same boat. Nada happening over here, either - didn't have my first BH until 39.5ish weeks - but from what the doctor says, all of this can change in the matter of a few days or hours. Crossing my fingers for you ... after you get your work stuff finished up, of course.

23. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@DesertDreams88: @smith: With my first, I did not have any Braxton Hicks contractions or significant dilation until my water broke, which triggered labor. He also never dropped before labor. I did have some effacement, although my OB never said how much.

24. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: that's great that baby is down low as that is what gets everything going! I wasnt really dilating ahead of time with my first either. I think that's pretty common. I went 3 days past my due date. So not terribly late. This guy would've gone over too and I was almost 3 cm and 75% effaced! So, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

25. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

Ugh, i have been having false labor since Tuesday, lasting 4-5 hours at a time. Time-able contractions about 10-15 minutes apart and super uncomfortable but not very painful.Totally gets my hopes up and so frustrating.

Had an appointment on Tuesday and an 75% effaced, 1 cm dilated, lost my mucus plug this morning but no contractions since.

26. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

It's my due date! Crazy to think i instead have a 2 month old. He's up to 3.1 as of yesterday

27. travellingbee

@sera_87: oh wow! That is crazy! He's getting so big!

28. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@sera_87: He's such a cutie! What an amazing baby boy.

29. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@sera_87: He is getting so big.

30. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: he looks great

31. Mermaidri

pea / 19 posts

Hi ladies! it looks like the group has been busy, i can’t wait to see all the announcements!!
    I delivered early too at exactly 38 weeks! we have a healthy baby boy!
    Declan Lee - December 23rd at 7:15 pm - 8lbs 4oz 20 1/2 inches long! we were discharged from the hospital on christmas!

32. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@Mermaidri: Congratulations!

33. travellingbee

@Mermaidri: Congrats!

34. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@sera_87: Wow!! Baby Theo looks fantastic. I'm just so thrilled for your family that he has made so much progress!!

@Mermaidri: congratulations!!

35. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: Congratulations!

36. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@sera_87: He's incredible! So happy to hear the good updates!

@SwanSong: Any updates? If labor hasn't started, I hope you'v been able to stay comfortable through all those false contractions.

@Mermaidri: Congratulations! What a fantastic Christmas memory!

We were discharged from the hospital yesterday and are enjoying our time as a family of four. So far, everything is going well. Grace is eating and sleeping like a champ, for a newborn. I'm definitely still recovering from labor but hoping to wean off some of the pain meds today or tomorrow.

37. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@QueensBee: No update, still false labor almost nightly. I have an appointment tomorrow and hope to hear something! Luckily the contractions are mild to moderate at worst so a light heating pad works wonders (unless I am having hot flash, which is happening with increased frequency)

38. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

So awesome! Congrats to all the mamas and babies who are thriving.

I haven't checked in for a while but have been keeping up. The last trimester really flew. I am 39w3d as of today. No real signs of baby yet. Have been having Braxton hicks and lightening crotch for weeks, so that's nothing new. Increased discharge noted as of the last few days though, but no mucous plug or bloody show. My practice doesn't check for dilation, just baby's heart rate and my blood pressure so nothing to report on that front.

Waiting game is on! I was in labor at this point in my last pregnancy so this seems like an eternity, but I'm trying to be patient for baby boy. So much more anxious this time around for some reason, even though this is baby #2. Good luck everyone! I'll update with baby news hopefully in the next few days. Sending lots of labor vibes to the mommas who are still waiting.

39. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Baby boy was born just a few hours ago at 12:37am on Tuesday morning, Jan 12. He's doing great. More detailed update on the other thread!

40. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@SupernovaJ: congrats!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee