Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@oliviaoblivia: yeah same here, my girl was 8 pounds at birth at 38 weeks and if I had just waited until naturally going into labor she could've ended up 10 pounds at 43 weeks like my first LO. It's weird now having a normal size baby hehe. Although everyone keeps saying how big she is (by Japanese standards).

2. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@gracecat: my first was ten pounds and born in her due date. I'm not waiting around to vaginally birth an eleven pounder at 42 weeks.

3. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@oliviaoblivia: that's crazy! And I thought I made big babies!

4. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

What's everyone up to this week for the holidays? I dreamt that I had flown back to CT and my parents had planned big trips/events for us every day .... I almost started crying of stress. Then I woke up and remembered that this year DH and I are staying home and have NO commitments Which is exactly what I need this year!

5. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm home alone with DS today and tomorrow and then DH will be home on Wednesday. In laws are coming on wed. But they kindly booked a hotel to give me less stress. Christmas Eve will be casual and at our house and Christmas Day at my brothers house. Overall, I'm excited for Christmas and ready for it to be here so I can get on with having this baby. 38 week appt. is tomorrow.

6. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@DesertDreams88: boys are home from daycare the 24th and 25th. My immediate family is coming for Christmas itself since we can't travel.

7. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@DesertDreams88: DH is home with LO this week because our nanny is off all week, but I am working. My parents are coming to stay with us and we will do Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my sister's house.

Tomorrow is my last day! We've scheduled my induction for Jan 5th, so I don't want to go back for 1 day after a week and a half off. Can't wait to meet our LO!

8. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@DesertDreams88: We are hosting DH's family (parents and siblings.) They are staying with us, and DH and MIL are cooking. I am working most of this week.

9. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: Are you still planning on delivering at Memorial? We are switching to Methodist West based on my OB's recommendation.

10. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: why the change? Yes I'll still be at MH, my doctor doesn't have privileges elsewhere.

11. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: my OB pushed pretty hard for Methodist. Partly because she is at that one 5 days a week and only at Memorial 2 days a week and partly because she has had some issues with Memorial - patients waiting 2 hrs for epidural because the lab wasn't working, having to wait a long time to get blood for a patient. I don't know if it's just annoyance on her part, but they are both pretty convenient to us, so it wasn't a huge deal for us to go to Methodist and it really ups the chances that she would be the one to deliver.

12. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@DesertDreams88: Big bonus of being far from family over the holidays when pregnant - fail-proof excuse to lay low!

This year, we are not so lucky, as we moved back home last summer, but actually that pregnant Christmas kind of set a precedent that we won't be traveling over the holiday. So Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we'll spend just as a family. Saturday my dad will come over for brunch/lunch, then we'll go to my sister's Christmas party that evening. Sunday we'll go to my IL's.

13. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: ahhhh! I better not have to wait for an epidural!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: How is baby Theo doing? I hope you will get lots of time with him over the holidays. I know things must change in the NICU all the time, but what are the targets they are looking for him to hit in order to come home?

@travellingbee: and @mrs.shinerbock: I must admit, I'm pretty jealous you both don't have to go back to school after break!! Since I'm not due until Jan 19, I have to go back for two weeks. The first Monday & Tuesday, I will have my FMLA substitute visiting, which is a load off my mind - they didn't know who it would be until about a week before break. Then each Wednesday the school counselor is coming in to do a social skills lesson in each of my classes. So, I only have a total of 6 days without any "help" / other adult in the room.

15. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Had my 36 week appt today & I'm a bit bummed.... I thought cervical checks started at 36 weeks, but nope, remembered wrong, he prefers to wait until 38 weeks. On the upside, LO's heart arrhythmia was barely noticeable and the OB said we could start off with just intermittent monitoring during labor. Also, I'm GBS-; so one less thing to think about?

And my fundal height is still measuring right on track and I didn't gain any weight since last week, so that's good - holding steady at 34lbs of weight gain and trying to avoid a CS due to suspected big baby.

16. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: it's probably a bit of a blessing to not have cervical checks before 38 weeks. They are stressful since they give you information that tells you almost nothing. But you WANT it to mean something. So you read into it and stress. I'm currently sitting here with no pants on waiting to be checked LOL

17. travellingbee

I'm 2cm now and still 70% effaced. Head is low. Like -1 or 2 she said. Induction is set for Jan 4. She said it won't take much because my cervix is ready to go. I hope he comes before then. We are supposed to do a sweep next week.

18. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@DesertDreams88: My son my will be home with me during the day on Christmas Eve and we will make cookies for Santa and dessert for Christmas dinner. Christmas itself will be a low key holiday for us this year, just my husband, son and I doing Christmas morning together and then to my parents in the afternoon for dinner. So happy not a lot of traveling/driving nor are we hosting.

I wont lie, I am a little paranoid about the full moon being on Christmas Eve. I have had contractions here and there (a few random ones a night) and I would hate to not have Christmas with my almost three year old, since this is the first year he is really excited about it.

19. travellingbee

@SwanSong: I'm worried about the same thing...

20. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@travellingbee: glad to know I am not the only one since i feel a little crazy about feeling that way. Fingers crossed they stay put until at least the weekend.

21. travellingbee

@SwanSong: yup. Actually he can come Christmas night so long as I get Christmas Eve and morning

22. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

With dd1 I went into labor at 5 am Xmas morning! My poor doula... Her Xmas was kind of ruined.

We are home now, I was sad to leave the hospital and its nursery. Luckily DH is home until New Years passes, so I've got someone to split night wakings with.

So excited to see who is next though!

23. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I had my first cervical check, and I am dilated to maybe 1, and the OB thought I would likely not go into labor in the next two weeks. The baby is measuring big (7 lb 9 oz at 36+3), still in the 92nd percentile. I have an induction planned for January 11, and my OB thought I would probably make it to then. Last pregnancy I was really upset when scheduling an induction, but I went into labor three days before. I am much less nervous about an induction this time, though.

24. travellingbee

@mdf106: I am too (less nervous). Partly because I feel my cervix is much more ready this time and partly because I feel like my body will know what to do, having delivered vaginally before. We'll see

Merry Christmas all. I'm so frustrated because I just woke up at 430 am with a stupid sore throat and a cough I was awakened by a painful contraction. I woke fully up once I realized why I was in pain and then of course I had adrenaline thinking oh god is this it?? On Christmas eve? But then nothing. I'm just stuck awake early on Christmas Eve and with a cold. Ugh.

25. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@travellingbee: ugh, I have a cold too! DD literally sneezed in my mouth last week, so I knew I was doomed! Her cold was mild and only lasted a few days. Each day I stay pregnant I'm so happy because I definitely don't want to deliver feeling like this! Here's hoping your cold passes quickly!

26. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Wow so everyone made it through Christmas morning without going into labor?? Yay!

27. travellingbee

@gracecat: yup! Still cooking!!

28. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Had a bit of cramping off and on this morning but it was so minor.... only 36w4d here so, wishful thinking My friend who was due early Jan (not sure of exact date) just had her baby 4 days ago, so I'm a bit jealous! haha.

29. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Eeeeee! Getting close to January! I know we've had births already, but still getting excited for our due date moms. Can't wait to hear all your birth stories.

30. travellingbee

Had a bunch of cramping this morning so thought maybe things might get going but nope. Even took LO to the museum hoping to walk him out but nada. I might cough him out though. This cold is terrible and I'm afraid of how much labor and postpartum is going to suck with a bad head cold 39 weeks tomorrow.

31. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: you have one more week before your induction? Hope you get over your cold by then!

32. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Ugh sorry you have a cold! Hopefully you can recover before LO2 arrives! Only one more week!

I have my 38 week appointment this morning. LO came at 38 weeks/ 4 days, so I know it could be any day now... or not!

My right leg was really tingly this weekend- felt like a pinched nerve and wasn't pleasant. Whether i was walking, sitting, or laying, I just couldn't get comfortable! It's gone this morning and I'm so relieved!

33. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@travellingbee: glad to see you made it through Christmas, same here. After Christmas dinner I told my husband, "okay, this kid can come now." No luck.

I will be 38 weeks on Wednesday and am just so done. Barely sleeping at night since I cant get comfortable, plus my almost 3-year old has been having nightmares, I swear my stomach has stretched to its limits to the point i can hurt just to touch. Ugh. Had a cervical check last week at 37 weeks and nothing, no dilation, no effacement. Little guy seems to staying put (which after having a preemie I am happy about, but like I said, so done...)

34. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

Looks like a lot of us are getting close! I'll get the ball rolling on our January babies. My induction is officially scheduled for tomorrow AM! Now I'm really getting nervous about giving birth again. Hoping all goes well. Thinking of you all!

35. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Worrywart: Eeep, how exciting! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

36. travellingbee

@Worrywart: very exciting!

Afm, I went to urgent care and have bronchitis but it's not bacterial. So no antibiotics.

37. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Ugh, bronchitis sounds horrible! You can't seem to catch a break this pregnancy! Hope you can feel better before labor starts.

38. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Worrywart: Good luck.

@travellingbee: I thought I was about to catch a cold from DS, but somehow I managed to avoid it, even though he sneezed in my face.

39. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Worrywart: Good luck! Excited to hear how everything goes!

@travellingbee: How miserable I've had a stuffy nose + dry throat + hourly night wakings for about a week now, and I've been a big baby about it. Bronchitis is much worse! on recovering quickly before baby comes!

40. travellingbee

Was supposed to have a sweep done tomorrow but now don't knuw what to do as I'm so sick. No fever just this horrid cough/sore throat/exhaustion. Why did this have to happen now? I'm so so so tired of being pregnant and then this!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee