Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2020 moms!

1. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Sams Mom: she’s beautiful! Congratulations on your new little one.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Thank you everyone!

Her first few minutes was a little scary. When my doctor pulled her out she was very flaccid and not crying. Her heart rate was great but her O2 was super low. NICU team came in, suctioned her lungs (enough came out to make it the canister, when usually it's just in the line to the canister), and did some CPAP. So in the minutes between first and second apgar assessment she went from a 3 to a 8 thankfully.

@yellowbeach: yes it does! I was so scared of not feeling the same with her as I did my son (I know everyone tells you you can love 2 just as much, but it's hard to perceive until it happens)

3. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@Sams Mom: Congratulations ❤❤

4. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Sams Mom: Ahhhh been missing a few days and look who arrived. Congratulations!!!

5. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: she is so beautiful!!!! I’m so happy all I well now! Congrats momma 💗

6. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@Sams Mom: HI mama ! I don't come on here anymore but I did want to check on you and baby! Hazel is so precious! and BIG wow!!! Hope all is well. Now the fun begins!

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@graceandjoy: @jaguar: @Jessiemuller88: @pachamama:

Thanks ladies! Everything is going well with us; she's back up to get birth weight at her 2 week appointment today. She has a bit of thrush which I've never dealt with before... But it seems straightforward enough.

Question though: will I automatically get it too? Do I need to get ahold of my OB?

8. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@Sams Mom: I never experienced it, but I know you def don’t want to get it!

9. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

I haven’t been on HB for almost a month since this craziness started. Just want to check in with everyone here; hope all is well

While it sucks that I’m most likely furloughed in 2 weeks when my mat leave ends, this will mark the first and only baby I get to stay home with for over 12 weeks! It is nice to not have to worry about him in daycare and also no pumping!

10. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@graceandjoy: same! I haven’t had the time since all the crazy started to log on! I’m glad you are doing well and it is nice to get extra time with the baby, despite the circumstances. I was supposed to start work April 15th, but it looks like schools will be out the rest of the year, so I get extended time too!

They are growing fast!

11. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@Jessiemuller88: look at them!! Ahh how precious! This is mine! This early little peanut grew a ton!

12. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@graceandjoy: he has grown so much!! He is too cute and I love his outfit!!!

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Look at those beautiful babies! I've missed you guys. We've been in isolation with everyone at home down here for several weeks, and I don't even have time to breathe!

Amelia is 15 weeks old - she's gorgeous, but a bit of a challenging bubba girl! She was officially diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 10 weeks old (after being picked up on a 7 week ultrasound) so she wears a rhino brace at nighttimes. We don't get a lot of sleep in this house!

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: @graceandjoy: @Jessiemuller88: awwww, so sweet 🥰 all the babies are growing up soooo fast....

We are doing well here, given the circumstances. It's now been over a month since daycare has closed. I'm trying to catch up on work now after a very long week (my husband's job means I mostly have the kids during the day) and after spending day in and day out talking to a toddler, my utterly dead brain is struggling to respond to work emails in adult speak and not toddler speak 😂

The baby is so, so good, so far so much chiller and a better sleeper than her brother was. I feel a bit bad that her chill personality means she gets overly neglected with the toddler constantly wailing for my attention. I'm bracing myself for the four month sleep regression which is presumably coming up soon, though...

Will you guys be doing in-person four month wellness checks? I hate for her to get behind on the shots, but it also makes me nervous to be in a medical building at this point... we have quite a lot of local cases, and it will probably be peaking right around the time for her appointment.

15. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: We have 100+ cases in our town and I’m in the epicenter state... We went to our 2 month and will go to our 3 month as well. Our office has it down to a science. They won’t take sick visits till throughly checked via telemed first; and sick/well visit rooms won’t change. We call from the parking lot so we know which room to charge straight into.l; the only people we see are nurse & doctor and head right back out. So I feel comfortable as I don’t want to be late on shots. So far I know 3 mo they have a follow up hep b or something. For 4 mo I’ll ask if there are shots; if not I’ll skip.

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: We have about 6,000 confirmed cases in our county - growing by the hundreds each day - and have had 13 deaths in our relatively small suburb, last time I saw the numbers. The office is in a large medical building with lots of people in and out, so not an ideal place to be. At the same time, I really don't want to run a risk, however small, of getting measles or any other horrible diseases once things open up, and presumably she'd then be behind on her shots for awhile. I wish they'd have some sort of drive through clinic for vaccinations...

The three month appointment we actually did by phone, as there were no vaccines required then. They were going to have us come in but I asked for a phone appointment and it went great...

17. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: Would they meet you at the car?! Drive by sounds like a great idea really!

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@jaguar: DD and I were scrolling through and she saw Amelia with her bunny (we have the same one) and she screamed “Dat pretty baby has a BunBun too!” 💜

19. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@yellowbeach: Nawww that is just the sweetest!!!

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

We ended up taking LO in for her four month checkup, I just really wanted her to have her shots. Hopefully we don't get sick!

In other news, there's been a run on famotidine (for treating reflux) based on the unproven hypothesis that it can treat coronavirus. The rational part of me knows it is not an essential drug for us by any means, so there's no comparison to what some others have been through with drug hoarding. But the bone tired part of me that's exhausted by working full-time and taking care of the kids full-time is like WHY, OF ALL DRUGS... The baby will be so uncomfortable and sleep poorly without it. The form for infants is only good for a month after being mixed and then has to be discarded. We just got our renewal at the check up, which can't be filled now...

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Everyone babies are beautiful, I've been MIA with the crazy. I went back to work to find they didn't have hours for me in surgery, so now I'm in medical oncology. It's nice to see some of our old patients, but it's so sad too. Then an officer in my husband's department was murdered in the line of duty.

So it's been a shitty month... BUT my sister had her twine on the 30th, they perfect, and I can't wait to meet them.

Hazel is almost 10 weeks old now, she was 13lbs 3oz at her 2 month appointment 😱 she is doing fantastic, and is really just a happy baby.

22. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: she is just precious!!!

23. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@Sams Mom: loving those big bows! I def miss dressing up girls.

We keep saying K is soooo lucky this time around. I’ve never spent more than 12 weeks with the girls and he is getting mama all day everyday! And still hasn’t had a bottle, nor have I pumped Still don’t know when I would go back to work! Now that NY closed school for the rest of the school year, even if I go back to work it would have to be WFH.

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Sams Mom: so sweet

@graceandjoy: Baby girl is nearly 5 months, has never had a bottle, and I'm going to have to dump several hundred frozen ounces of bm soon as at a minimum the no childcare order in our state is another two months....I was so proud of the freezer stash because last time I tried and tried but couldn't build up enough supply to have a stash and had to supplement (but obviously now tossing hard-earned breast milk is the least of worries...) Hope you and the littles are doing well despite everything...

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

We have a crawler now! She's 6 months !?!? old, and she is sitting up, eating, jabbering... Where has the time gone?

How's all the other early 2020 babes doing?

26. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: oh my goodness! She is too cute! We are busy, busy, busy! The twins are crawling and cruising! They are babbling like crazy too. I ended up quitting my job to stay home with all 3 kiddos and I’m loving it... most days! So good to hear from you!

27. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

We celebrated my two little love’s first birthday today. Time flies! They were not having any part of their smash cake! 😂 how is everyone else doing? I can’t believe our babes are a year old!

28. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: OMG Adorable overload! Can't believe our babies are 1 !!!!

29. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

How are our babies all 1 already? INSANE.

Amelia is a character, she makes us laugh constantly.

30. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@jaguar: oh my word! She is so precious 😍

It is definitely hard to believe they are ONE!!!!

DH had a vasectomy on Friday, so the twins are our last babies! It’s crazy to close that chapter of our lives. How is everyone doing?

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Wow, so sweet and so big!!! I saw your other post, no idea on this but so awesome and exciting that you all are going for #4!

@Jessiemuller88: this must feel like such a milestone, I feel like TTC has definitely been a defining feature of my 30s, I'm sure it will feel weird when/if we decide to definitely leave that behind. I hope your husband is recovering well from his biking injury, and things are a bit less nuts for you all.

In an ideal world, I would love another, but the past year has been really challenging in a lot of ways (acknowledging of course that we are very fortunate given the state of the world). I'm feeling pretty worn down, a little bit more so everyday, and definitely could not handle more at this point. Given my age, not sure I'll feel differently before I reach the point where nature will make the decision to leave the baby years behind 😂

My littles are doing well. The youngest is a little dare devil (god help me), her favorite thing in life is climbing on all the furniture and then trying to literally dive off. She's super sweet and super fun, though... And soooo big already!

32. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

Happy birthday everyone!! We made it! I've logged onto here maybe like twice in the past year, I'm glad we are all kinda still here!

This year has been crazy to say the least. 3 kids and living in a pandemic is no joke, but we're here, we're healthy and we have each other

33. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@Jessiemuller88: happy birthday to these cuties!!

@jaguar: She is adorable!

@periwinklebee: I so feel you. Feel like I've aged 3x as fast this past year lol. He was our surprise, so we're definitely done, done donnnnneeeee!

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: your kids look so sweet together!!! Love your summary, so true... And yes on aging, hah hah, it's a good thing I don't have time to look in the mirror 😭

35. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: They look sweet because they are not moving in a picture, hah! My 6 year old has the emotions of a 16 year old lately, my 4 year old is the crazy don't listen instigator of all things, and the 1 year old is practically just running towards danger

36. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: thank you! Last week, DH finally got the green light to start “trying to walk” in a boot. It has been a very exhausting couple of months, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hear ya on being worn down. That’s part of the reason DH got the vasectomy. There is no way I could handle a 4th without my body giving out and/or losing my mind 😂 I’m so happy to hear your kiddos are doing well though!

@graceandjoy: oh my! They are all so precious!! 😍 my four year old sounds just like yours!! We are definitely in a “not listening” phase right now too.

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: Getting a picture where they're not mortally endangering each other is a win in my book, hah hah.... I have very few of those

@Jessiemuller88: I am so glad he is starting to heal and you finally feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel, that sounded like such a tough situation. I'm hoping all of us have some calmer, more relaxing times sometime in the not too distant future, pregnancy followed by a newborn(s:-) followed by a pandemic and all the challenges that came along with that give us a good excuse to fantasize about some future solo beach getaway (that is definitely not happening in my case, like ever, but I will settle for fantasizing about a couple of child and work free hours to go get a hair cut, lol)

38. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: thank you, and I’m hoping the same thing for you too. I hope you can find those few hours and treat yourself to something or even just relax!

I have a girl’s beach trip planned for mid July! Our big plans are to day drink, read books, and nap. There are 15 kids between myself and the other ladies going, so we are all super duper excited. I am already counting the days!

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: That sounds sooooo amazing, and so well-deserved!

40. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Look at these cuties!

Not really going for #4. We are too infertile for that, haha. Just not preventing. But pigs will fly!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee