Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2020 moms!

1. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@honey786: Congrats!!!! Yay for a quick birth (and for getting there on time!)

2. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@honey786: WONDERFUL news. Congratulations gorgeous!!!

Well my boob engorgement may *finally* be starting to calm down.. I need to go get Amelia weighed and make sure she is gaining appropriately. In other news, her umbilical stump fell off (thank goodness, they always gross me out) and she's so alert and adorable, I could eat her!

3. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

I'M HAVING A BABY TOMORROW! 39w and an incredibly favorable Bishop score mean I get to head to L&D at 8am. 😁

I made it through the majority of the day without crying and then broke down when I asked DH to take a pic with me and our two girls. Ugh, it's the last night that my youngest is going to be my youngest and I just have alllllll the feelings. 😍😭😭😭

4. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@helloperidot: Yaaaaaaaaas you got this mumma!!!!

5. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@helloperidot: Sending you the best thoughts; can't wait!

6. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@honey786: congrats momma! Hope you and baby are doing great!

@jaguar: I’m glad your boobs are under control! She is pretty adorable. How are your girls doing?

My DS loves the babies but is always in their face. It’s like he can’t interact without breathing into their mouths. It doesn’t help he’s been sick, so I’m paranoid about them catching his virus. I’m hoping this personal space issue improves! Otherwise we are doing well. Both babes are gaining weight and sleeping awesome!

7. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

I had a baby! Aurora Paige was born Friday January 10th and, like her namesake, arrived with the dawn after 14 wild hours of labor. Baby Rory weighed 7lbs 3oz at birth and is 20.5 inches long. She is my longest, slimmest baby! She's also absolutely perfect. 😍😍😍

8. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@helloperidot: awww! So happy to read your update! Congrats momma! Love her name 💗

9. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@helloperidot: Congratulations!!

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@helloperidot: Congratulations on baby Rory!!!!

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Jessiemuller88: My girls are pretty good! Claire (3) has no concept of personal space either.

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@helloperidot: Congrats!!! Love the name!

@Jessiemuller88: This is my biggest worry. I got an email from DS's daycare that an unusually large number of children were out yesterday, many with the flu. He's really good about just kissing the top of baby's head, because they taught him at daycare that this is how you have to interact with babies, but still all the crud going around is super contagious

When do babies' immune systems get stronger? By 2-3 months?

13. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@periwinklebee: 6 months on the immune systems. Sorry.

14. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: Just keep nursing! I had 2 winter babies, I was def worried about DD2 since DD1 was in daycare when she was born too but we were fine! Maybe babywear more to keep baby close to you instead of out in the open for him to kiss/breathe next to?

15. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: I hope it is helping! Baby wearing more is a great idea.

16. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: DD2, during the super early newborn days was usually in the boppy lounger but def was more accessible. I'm thinking maybe I'll try to keep baby in bassinet more this time so it's not so easy to get so close

17. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

How are you guys doing? Pregnant mummas hanging in there? New babies doing ok?

Amelia is 3 weeks old tomorrow. Can't even deal!

18. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@jaguar: Can't believe it!

I'll be 36 weeks on Sat, I think my mucus plug is coming out, so at least all is going in the right direction. Would really love to give birth at 37 weeks! Seeing OB tomorrow and trying to get induced the earliest possible too lol.

For once I feel "in control" since I was extremely unprepared for DD2 to arrive at 37 weeks! Now I just gotta wash baby clothes, finish packing my bag and I am ready for DS3!

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: aw, our babies are growing up so fast! My little one is nearly a month, and will be outgrowing her newborn clothes and diapers sooner rather than later. 😢

@graceandjoy: So close!!!! For me losing my plug much earlier this time than last was a good indication that labor was going to be earlier (ended up being like a week and a half between starting to lose the plug and labor...)

20. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: I realllly hope so too! I have no recollection of when/if I lost it the last 2 births so I have nothing really to go on with. It's also just trickling out, haven't lost a huge chunk or anything. But I'll take week and a half! That would put me right around 37 weeks!

I can't believe she's almost a month!

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@graceandjoy: Not long now!!!

22. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

Have been having so much anxiety! Had growth scan yesterday and seeing my OB today; they might put me on insulin, and they are concerned baby will be too big. Really fearing a c-section

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: I'm so sorry, keeping all my fingers crossed that a c section will not be necessary - even if he's big, having had two previous vaginal births should help

My son got sent home with a fever today (looks like he's going to be sick for his birthday again this year ) and the baby definitely seems congested. I hate winter illness season, ugh. Besides that though I'm loving the newborn days, definitely getting to the really tired phase, where I've been sleep deprived for awhile and there's not an end in sight, but so worth it! Can't believe how fast the time is flying....

24. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: Uggh yeah this season has been bad! My oldest I think had the flu, or she was just sick for a whole week. Everyone's just congested in general too. I hope you & baby stay healthy! And yes it goes by sooo fast! But I also felt like I was able to enjoy it more the 2nd time around.

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: ugggh, fingers crossed that your kiddos have all their winter bugs out of the way before baby boy comes soon!

Definitely easier to savor the newborn days this time around rather than being anxious about whether I'm doing everything wrong!

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Oh you poor things, we are sweltering in 42o celcius here and you guys are sick in winter!

@graceandjoy: Hang in there mumma! What size are they estimating -and how far are you now?

27. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

Well I fully dilated, also baby boy turned back to transverse at the LAST SEC so I had a csection but he is here! Will update more later!

28. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: congrats!!!!! So sorry about the c section but so happy he’s here!!!

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: ugh summer can’t come soon enough (though I don’t want my baby to grow up! Ds was up most of the night with a fever between 101 and 103 even layering Motrin and Tylenol, poor guy and I’m super nervous about the baby...

I hope the weather cools down soon, that’s seriously hot!!!

30. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: You know, it wasn’t as scary and bad as I feared! I know everyone reactS to anesthesia and surgery differently so I was scared. But I can say it probably went as well as it could have! I was having horrendous contractions fully dilated so the relief of feeling nothing was great

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: Ugh contractions at the end are awful....sounds rough but so glad the c section was not as bad as expected. Sending lots of positive vibes for a speedy recovery and enjoy all the newborn snuggles!!!

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@graceandjoy: Congratulations!!!!!

33. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Nearly a month old!!!

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: awwwww

It’s my son’s second birthday today and I’ve barely seen him because ped says to keep the baby quarantined from him. Feeling really guilty about how much less attention he’s gotten from me over the past month

35. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: I’m so sorry your son is sick and you are feeling guilty. I know these feelings all too well 😢 I hope he gets better soon!

We are hanging in there! I feel like I don’t have any spare time for anything and can’t wait for more than 3 hour stretches of sleep. The twins are sweet and doing great though!

36. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@jaguar: she’s a doll!!

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: this is me, I’m super lucky if I get three hours, but I just have one baby. You are a rock star for coping so well with two and an older kid, I would be a total wreck..,Things have generally been good, treasuring little e, and the only thing I really desperately want in life is to get 4 consecutive hours of sleep, which hasn’t happened since the baby came! I know I will always look fondly on the time I had with ds as my only kid but we will adjust and it will be so sweet to see the sibling relationship grow...

@graceandjoy: how’s recovery?

38. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: I do notice it gets a little easier everyday, but it’s been tough! I’ve just felt so useless most of the day! It’s also been tough at night since DH is with the girls so I solo baby but it’s still so painful to move around. I know it will get better so I’m just waiting for that day! But the no lifting/driving is tough too! I’m totally being a baby about this too lol.

39. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

Here is baby Kylan!

Btw, if anyone wants to be IG friends, wall me!

40. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@graceandjoy: stop he’s so cute!! I walled you

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee