Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2014 Mamas!

1. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

Hi guys,

Just a quick one to let you know our son Andrew Thomas Flynn was born this morning at 7.40am local time. We have spent the day together becoming a family of three, and it has been awesome

Labour was fast, woke up to waters breaking at about 1.30am and contractions got strong pretty quick after that. Arrived at the hospital fully dilated - the car journey was a BI**H! About 40 mins pushing (and no tears for Mommy - thank goodness!).

Wishing everyone else delivering in July all the best in the world.

MrsCDH x

2. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@HLK208: Congrats!

3. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@MrsCDH: what a sweet family! Sounds like a whirlwind few hours, congrats!

4. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

So much to catch up on!!

@NorCalWayfarer: Yay for being in labor but boo to minimal progress. Hoping things have changed since your last update! Glad nothing is too painful yet though!

5. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: GIRL, that is awesome and fast! So happy for you!! All those early contractions must have helped with something. Can't wait for a pic!!

@MrsCDH: Wow, sounds nice and fast too! Congrats on baby Andrew! Thanks for the update!!

6. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: Sorry little Finn is still in NICU. That FB pic is so adorable though! Hope you get to take him home tomorrow!!

7. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@runnerd: he is so lovely! Congrats!!!

8. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@ HLK208: Yay, congrats!!!!! Great job, Mama!!

@runnerd: F is so perfect!

NorCalWayfarer: news???????

9. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MrsCDH: congratulations to you, too!

10. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@MrsCDH: congratulations!!!

Thinking of all of you! And so thank you for all the well wishes!!

Right now, N isn't getting enough colostrum so her blood sugar has been low and we'll have to supplement according to the nurses. Waiting to hear back from the ped first. The charge nurse said if we don't give her formula, she'll go to the NICU.

As far as the labor details, DH and I DTD yesterday and wham - contractions hit and I knew we had to leave for the hospital right away. I went to triage at 7cm's, then got the epidural at 9, pushed 4 times and she was out! But the epidural was super weak and I felt the ring of fire. Ouch.

Otherwise, N is doing great and so am I! We're so lucky she came when she did since DH's schedule wouldn't have allowed him to get off work had I gone into labor today, tomorrow and the next two nights!! I feel so.much.better. now that she's out!!

11. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: Yay for DTD, haha!

Wow, so fast, great job mama! Sorry N is low blood sugar, hoping that improves soon!

12. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@MrsCDH: Congrats to you and yours!!

@HLK208: Sounds like you could not have had a better delivery experience despite the ring of fire! The picture on IG was so sweet! Sorry about N's blood sugar - I'm hoping you don't have to supplement too much!

13. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: how is baby F doing??? I've been thinking about you especially since we were close to being in a similar situation with N's low blood sugar.

We're home now...marathon nursing all night but I have to top her off with formula to get her blood sugar up. She's not responding great to formula. Lots of spit up. We're going back to the ped this morning.

@princessandthebee: @coopsmama: how are you guys feeling?!

14. LemonLong

pear / 1698 posts

We were discharged from the hospital yesterday, so I can finally update!

Juniper Evelyn was born at 10:49 pm 7/14/14. I was induced at 37+5 for IUGR. Luckily, she came out bigger than expected at 5 lbs 6 oz. by the time we left the hospital, she had dropped to 5 lbs.

Labor was so scary. My first was a super easy induction. This time they had issues with keeping my blood pressure under control. At one point they stopped labor completely to let us recover before trying it again. I was on oxygen most of the time. My blood pressure got down to 74/46 and baby's heart beat was at 80 some from the 140's. My epidural was a fail, only half of me got numb but the anestolgist didn't believe me but it worked out okay, because the pain seemed yo increase my blood pressure. (After the labor, I could feel my left side perfectly, but my right side took six hours to unfreeze!). Last time they had checked me they had said I was a three, so the nurse was reluctant to check when I asked her to. The doctor came in and was like, "uh, I can feel the baby's ears!" Two pushes and she was out! No tearing!

Baby is doing great, her bilirubin was just borderline so we go in tomorrow for another test and weight check.

With no tearing, my recover has been good....but man, any other 2+ moms notice the cramps are soooo much worse? Especially when breastfeeding

Congratulations to the other July moms, love reading all the birth announcements!

15. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@MrsCDH: congratulations! he is adorable

@LemonLong: congrats!! love the name too! sorry to hear about the labor issues my epidural didn't work either and by the end I was on all kinds of stuff to help with the pain. no fun! can't wait to see a picture!

@runnerd: how are you and F?

today is A's due date and she turned 9 weeks yesterday doing great and getting bigger and bigger! still EPing, but glad she's getting my milk. just makes me feel better to be able to know exactly how much she's getting with each feed, especially since she's a preemie.

16. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@LemonLong: congratulations!!! I'm so sorry labor was so scary so glad you're both healthy now though. And omg, the cramping is killing me. They say it gets worse with each child but these are worse than contractions even. They last a lot longer! I literally shake in pain from them.

17. Mrs. Cookie

@LemonLong: Sorry about the scary labor, thanks for sharing your story!
    @HLK208: People rarely talk about these post labor cramps/contractions, my mom said hers were terrible with me (her first child) too! Scary!

18. Mrs. Cookie

@littleredhairedgrl: yay happy 9 weeks to A!!

19. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: I'm 38 and 6 today. Appointment this afternoon. Would LOVE to know there's been some progress, anything, but I'm assuming she'll tell me she'll see me at my 40 week appt as well. Been having more BH and some aches/pains in my vagina area, and lots of discharge but nothing pointing to labor just yet.

20. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: Oh, still just hanging out! I'm not going to lie, this thread has gotten a bit depressing since the majority of people in here with babies were due well after me so I'm just kinda over it. I'm glad you guys are home! I hope you can get everything straightened out with her nursing and feeds and formula - that early stress is NO fun!

@LemonLong: I LOVE your DD's name - so cute! Labor does sound really scary, but I'm glad you both made it through safe and sound!

@princessandthebee: What did I tell ya? I told you we'd be the lay ones standing a few weeks ago, I think! So basically you can go into labor any time now so that I have a shot at going before my induction. Kidding. But only kinda! I hope you'll find out about some progress at your appt today!

21. Mrs. Cookie

@coopsmama: Seriously girl, what gives? I'm over it for you! I'm thinking you will definitely go before me, due date on the 25th and it's my first baby.

You have been so patient, so now you can just be annoyed! But everyday gets you closer to meeting her. Just hoping it's before Saturday too!!

22. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@princessandthebee: let us know how it goes!!!

@coopsmama: thanks! Just hoping my milk comes in soon...I never had to supplement this early with my first and not at all with my second so it's new to me. I can totally understand feeling down...I was the same way except I wasn't past due!! Just think, you'll probably have a great sleeper and eater if that fact about babies going past 40 weeks is true!

23. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@HLK208: he's still in NICU and it's been exhausting going back and forth since we live hour away from hospital, and are trying to be there for the daytime feedings every 3 hours, so we have to just kill time all day inbetween. And I miss him terribly when leave him. Today his feedings and blood sugar have gotten better and better and they are weaning him off glucose through IV. I'm so happy!!!!!! Starting to feel like he'll be home soon! He's getting some jaundice treatment too so hopeful that's worked out soon too.

N is so adorable in coming home outfit!!!!! Hope the supplementing is getting better!

@coopsmama: thinking about you!! you have been so positive, frustrated for you but hope little M is here soon!

@LemonLong: man hate that you had some scary moments during L&D but glad it all ended well - your little lady is precious!!

@princessandthebee: ready to hear about your appt!

24. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: Hoping your milk comes in soon! That must be so frustrating!!

@runnerd: Oh man you poor things! What a stressful time! I really hope he gets to go home soon.

25. Mrs. Cookie

I'm not in a good mood but I feel dumb complaining because nothing is really wrong, I'm just frustrated. Baby is measuring big and we have an ultrasound scheduled for next week to see exactly how big he will. She is basically trying to warn me that this could affect birth and induction and could potentially lead to a c-section if he gets stuck.

and I'm sad because I want the birth I've been preparing for. I know a healthy baby is most important but I've been prepping for this for so long. Just wondering if my body will kick in and be able to deliver him on it's own or not!

Plus my feet are constantly in pain and I am just so done with the swelling.

26. Mrs. Cookie

@coopsmama: Thinking about you!!

27. night cheese

apricot / 453 posts

Checking in for the first time in a while - congrats to all the new mamas!

Nothing much to report here. I'm still scheduled for my c-section on Tuesday morning. I had a measuring u/s yesterday and it looks like we've got a nice, average-sized baby, between 7 and 8 lbs.

I took this week off of work to run errands, prep freezer meals, and clean, but I was super-lazy today and spent most of the day napping on the couch.

28. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@coopsmama: good luck with your induction!!

@princessandthebee: it's hard not to worry about the birth plans, but I promise you will be more concerned with baby's arrival than how in the moment! Also, I know lots of women who have vaginally birthed 10lb+ babies, so a big baby does not automatically mean c-section!

@night cheese: enjoy your last week! the big day is getting so close for you!

29. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@princessandthebee: I hope the u/s will show good news!! But I'm sorry that baby's size is stressing you out

30. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: @HLK208: Thanks ladies, feeling a lot better today! Getting at peace with baby coming when he wants to and not when I want him to.

Anyone have updates on their LO's?

@coopsmama: How are you today? What time do you have to be at the hospital tomorrow am?

31. LemonLong

pear / 1698 posts

LO is 4 days old, we had a pediatrician appt today to check her weight and bilirubin. Her bilirubin is still borderline so we have to bring her to the hospital lab on Sunday to get her poor little heel pricked again. Her weight was at 5 lbs 3 oz, so she is only a few oz away from her birth weight. My milk came in yesterday, so hopefully that will help.

Forgot how uncomfortable it is to be so engorged and leaky! Yuck!

32. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@LemonLong: hopefully quick trip to hospital and will be good.

Man!!! I'm not BF, and my milk started coming in yesterday, I'm so miserable right now.

33. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@LemonLong: @runnerd: ouch! Being engorged is so, so painful. It's affecting N's latch which makes me wither in pain every time she feeds.

34. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@princessandthebee: @runnerd: Thanks ladies! The induction is this morning at 6am! I would appreciate prayers and good thoughts. I am much more anxious than I thought I would be. It is SO different going into labor naturally than being induced I've decided. I didn't have time to get nervous last time.

I will update when I can!

35. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Just wanted to check in real quick with an update of my own-- sorry I havent had time to read everyone's updates!

After being at the max pitocin of 30 ml/hr w no progress it was turned off for an hour. Midwife suggested an epidural to see if it would relax me and allow me to dilate. So we did the epidural and 40 ml/hr of pitocin (levels above the "max"), but no progress. We then turned off the pit completely for the evening. Restarted in the morning but still nothing. By then my water had been broken over 24 hours, baby's hearrt rate was starting to creep up and I was starting to get a fever, which indicated a uterine infection. Baby Matthew was born via c-section on Wednesday morning and weighed in at 9lbs, 2 oz and 22" long. He spent most of the first day in the NICU receiving antibiotics but then joined me in my room (cultures came back negative so he never had the infection, just me). He's really trying to nurse but my milk isn't in yet so there's some concern about too much weight loss. Talking to a ped about that today. Surgeons had to be pretty aggressive to get my "lazy uterus" to contract after the birth. Two separate OBs have told me that had this been another time when surgery wasn't available (eg the 1700s) , that neither one of us would have made it. Very thankful for our hospital staff. Hoping to head home today or tomorrow. Pics of Baby M to follow!

36. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: good luck and I'm definitely sending prayers!!!

37. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: oh wow - I'm so glad you're both healthy! Congratulations!!!

38. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@coopsmama: good luck today momma-- thinking about you!

39. LemonLong

pear / 1698 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: wow, that's a ton of pitocin! Glad everything worked out and you are both okay.

@coopsmama: thinking of you today! Hope your induction goes smoothly!

40. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

Boy am I awful at keeping up with this thread lately! My amazing MIL has been staying with us to help out and I've been trying to limit phone time just so I don't seem rude. She leaves tonight (which is kind of scary!) so hopefully I can be better from now on.

Super jealous of everyone with milk that came in. My supply hasn't gone past 10ml in one sitting so she's basically only getting formula. I'm still pumping every three hours but no progress is happening so that's frustrating. I've been aware this
    could happen since I was a teenager, because I had to have surgery on my breasts, but I never expected to be this disappointed in myself.

@norcalwayfarer that sounds really terrifying, but I'm glad you and M made it out okay!!

@princessandthebee I totally understand being disappointed that your birth plan won't happen as you imagined, but just try and keep an open mind. In the end whatever gets baby here the safest way possible is going to be the best birth experience for both of you!

@runnerd sorry to see F is still in the nicu, but the Instagram picture today was adorable. Seems like he's a total champ about everything!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee