Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2014 Mamas!

1. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@coopsmama: Thanks I needed to hear that! I'm the person who way over-analyzes things but my hubby is like you. I definitely have felt enough movement in the course of an hour, it's just my OB is all like 5-10 movements in 10 minutes is more of what you aim for. Anyway I think all is OK. It's hard to differentiate between gut feeling and forced panic sometimes for me.... haha

And regarding crunchy friends not responding to your induction kindly, umm that is not cool! I have the opposite situation, I'm the crunchiest of my friends. I took birthing classes, want to go med-free, plan to CD, and BF past 3 months, etc. and I feel like I don't have any support on a lot of those things because my friends are so different.

I will definitely be thinking induction if my due date comes and goes for sure!

2. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: Good luck today!! Can't believe it's finally here!

3. Mrs. Cookie

@avivoca: Thank you! He just went a bit crazy movement-wise and I'm feeling a lot better now. I will watch closely today to see how he does.

4. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@princessandthebee: i had a few days over the past few weeks were i started freaking out that i hadn't felt movement in several hours, and my usual trick of vitamin water didn't work. usually just when i had worked myself into a tizzy, he would start going crazy. glad you felt some good movement to reassure yourself now though!

5. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

Thanks everyone for the well wishes today!!!!! I have been reading and keeping up with everyone's posts the past day or two, but not responding much cause my hands are SO NUMB!!! I think the heat has caused some more swelling, and making my carpal tunnel worse

I'm starting to get nervous!!!! I've spent so much time the past few days accepting the c-section possibility, that I think I kinda forgot that there's still a good chance I have to push a baby out tomorrow LOL.

6. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@coopsmama: man, i just am so ready for little girl to come on out... why does she have to be so cozy in there??? lol

7. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: Wow, sorry to hear about your hands! I bet it so hard to prepare for both options at the same time. But either way, you get to meet baby F soon, so happy for you guys!

Why is your OB preparing you for a c-section?

8. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@princessandthebee: since they think I may have had placenta abruption in 2nd tri, and now he's measuring small, she thinks higher risk that my placenta may not be strong enough to support him through delivery, which would mean c/s

9. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: OK gotcha! Well, we'll be thinking about you guys!!

10. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: thinking of you!! And your poor hands, ugh ouch.

@princessandthebee: I'm glad he started to move again! I've noticed that DD isn't moving as much but she's definitely cramped in there. I also remember reading that movement slows down before labor starts.

Well, no supermoon baby. I woke up at 3am to PAINFUL contractions and they lasted until 5. I was sure today would be the day but then they stopped. Oh well. I worked hard to get labor started yesterday so I'm relaxing today. I got a pedicure, then went out to lunch with DH (sans LO's) and now we're lounging, watching the World Cup. I'm glad we're able to do this though (my feet look and feel better)!

11. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@HLK208: sounds like a great - jealous of your pedicure! And so annoyed for you about the disappearing contractions!

Well I'm all set in hospital for past 45min and I'm already bored, uncomfortable, and annoyed with hospital rules LOL it's gonna be a long night

12. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: eeek! Good luck, mama!!!

13. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@princessandthebee: Oh psh, I hate when OBs give such specifics like that. Not all babies are the same! That sounds like an awful lot to expect in ten minutes. Neither of my midwife/OB practices have ever mentioned kick counts to me - they always just ask if I'm feeling consistent movement and if anything seems off to call them! I'm glad he went on a kicking spree to make you feel better though!

You do sound moderately crunchy but also like you have a good balance! I try to be the same. For example, I think there is absolutely nothing wrong about having your child in your living room in a birthing pool surrounded by candles and great ambiance -- but that is NOT right for everyone!! And I have friends who act like it's the only way. It's annoying.

@runnerd: I know! I'm ready for her, too, but it would seem that I was right and your baby will get here first! have they started the induction yet or are you still waiting?! If you're able, update us as you go! We are all cheering for you. I will no doubt be checking this thread all day/night!

@HLK208: Relaxing sounds like the best plan for your day outside of having N. I need a pedicure SO bad, so I'm jealous, but right now the money is just not there - meh. Especially since I just bought an Ergo and a new swing for M this month - kinda eats up extra cash! (Maybe next month before my sister's wedding I'll treat myself!) I'm just over trying to get contractions going. I wish yours would actually progress because multiple rounds of painful contractions is no doubt far more annoying and emotionally draining than none at all.

I lost more bloody mucus today. And still, nothing! Oh well.

14. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: Yea, so happy he's moving but definitely it seems like he's running out of space!
    Sorry about those painful contractions!

@runnerd: Glad you are settled, sorry you are frustrated, hopefully time goes by quickly/you able to sleep! What have they done so far?

@coopsmama: Right, everyone is different! I would definitely say I'm moderately crunchy, haha.

More mucous plug??? And nothing? come on baby tonight!!

15. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@LemonLong: Good luck today! Hoping your induction goes well! Can't wait to hear an update and find out the good news that baby is safely here!

@runnerd: Still thinking of you!

16. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: hoping the induction is going well!!

17. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@LemonLong: good luck today!!!!

18. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

I lost the plug last night and then had a big contraction. That's as exciting as my update is lol. Going into my appointment today and requesting a cervical check and ultrasound (if I have GD, which they've said I do, they should be monitoring it closer - especially if the baby is on the big side).

19. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

Thanks guys! Last check I'm 1cm dilated, 60% effaced (nothing before coming to hospital). Hopefully just got last round of medicine before starting pitocin.

I'm freaking out cause I'm already having a lot of pain in my back that I can barely stand - am I really this big of a baby? Lol

20. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: you're not a baby!!! I don't even know if I'm dilated and while having contractions the other night, I started to cry! You're doing great!!!

21. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: Well that all sounds positive to me and sounds like you're moving in the right direction! I hope they finally allow you to get a cervical check. I'd have to think your dilated at least a little with all of the contraction action (okay, I typed that and realized how lame it sounds but I'm leaving it haha!) and can't wait to hear what you find out.

@runnerd: You're not a baby! Labor really, really freakin' hurts. For the rare woman who tells you differently - they are just incredibly lucky! I hope things continue to progress!

I have my NST this afternoon. That's about it as far as an update from me. 8 days late today.

22. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@LemonLong: good luck today!!!

23. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: glad things are progressing! I'm sure it's painful already! Thanks for the update!

@LemonLong: thinking of you today!

@HLK208: yay about your plug and I hope they check you and you are getting closer! It doesn't seem fair to have contractions for so many weeks prior. you poor thing!

@coopsmama: I bet you are so ready to meet your LO! I feel like every day we say this could be THE day, then it's not, so I'll just say, have a good NST and happy Monday!

24. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: I seriously admire your patience !! Hoping the NST goes well!

25. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@princessandthebee: @HLK208: You guys are sweet! I'm honestly doing really quite well despite the length of this pregnancy.

I actually keep forgetting that I could go into labor at any time. Between DH's audit that he's managing this week and wedding plans I'm super busy. I am trying to track down hair and makeup for my sister today and it's not proving easy at all. And tomorrow is bridesmaids' dress shopping and my sister really wants me there for input for the girls (they will be mismatched) despite the fact I can't try on yet. So lots to keep me distracted!

26. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@runnerd: eek! Good luck today!! Hoping for a swift and awesome labor, and you getting to meet F and getting your hands back!!!

27. Mrs. Cookie

@coopsmama: Yea, all that will definitely keep you busy! Have fun bridesmaid dress shopping!

28. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

Quick check in: Went from 1 to 7cm in about 6 hours, got epidural and feel like a new person lol.

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@runnerd: I keep checking in on this-so exciting! You're almost there!!

30. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: Oh I'm so excited for you!!!!

31. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@runnerd: ahhhh!! GOOD LUCK!!! glad you were able to get some help for the pain too!

32. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@runnerd: That's awesome! It sounds like the induction is moving along really well!

33. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: oh my gosh!!!! Yay!!! I am SO happy that it's going well for you!!!

34. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

I've been reading along but the exhaustion has stopped me replying, sorry guys. Really hope the inductions are going well for runnerd and lemonlong, and that everyone else is at least comfortable waiting for baby.
    We are currently driving back to the hospital, because Ellie's liver hasn't kicked in the way it needs to so they have to keep her overnight. I'm currently panicking, even though everyone keeps saying it will be fine. The poor things lost almost a full pound in four days- apparently feeding wasn't going as well as I initially thought. This is kind of a nightmare.

35. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@lauraeabel: oh gosh I am so sorry. I'm sending positive thoughts and keeping your little girl in my prayers. How scary. Keep us updated, if you can.

36. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@lauraeabel: Oh man, that's scary! Thinking of you guys and hoping everything will be just fine! I'm sorry! Hang in there mama!

37. Mrs. Cookie

@lauraeabel: oh no, I'm so sorry! Sending you hugs and prayers!

38. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@runnerd: I hope you're holding F soon! Go, Mama, go!!

39. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

So as an update, the NST went well! There were no concerns. I'm really hoping this baby will come before Friday am because I have had to schedule an induction for then if not!

40. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

@coopsmama: glad your nst went well, and i hope baby makes an appearance befor Friday.

We are all checked in and she's settled under the lights. They are planning to put an I'V in her to increase fluids, which even typing out makes me want to vomit a little. My poor baby has been through so much since Thursday, I feel so so terrible.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee