Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2014 Mamas!

1. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: update on you? How are you feeling today?

2. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@coopsmama: Well there is a reason they say babies are supposed to have a 40 week gestational period right? So I think that makes sense. I need to remind myself that if baby is doing well in there it's good for him to go the full amount!

But I am considering trying for a 3rd trimester winter baby next time, haha

3. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@princessandthebee: Ha! Good plan. The heat IS brutal.

4. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Outing myself to say GOOD LUCK, July mamas!!

5. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@princessandthebee: lol! If this wasn't my third, I'd do the same. 90's all week with no AC

@coopsmama: oh, nothing at all. Baby is just hanging out, super low. I'm always cramping despite drinking what feels like gallons of water per day. But thanks for asking!!

6. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: OK, I have to tell you that you were in my dream last night, SO random. But it was your screen name on HB that flashed in my head, and you were updating about having contractions like every few minutes. And then I dreamed I was having contractions, and my hubby was like maybe you were? I'm thinking no but it was a weird restless sleep for sure.

7. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@lauraeabel: sending more positive vibes your way!!

Well our little man is good to go still, so Sun induction is still the plan. No progress at all. I felt pretty emotional after the appt and might have shed a few tears since I'm deathly scared of a C-Section since I've never had surgery. I get the vibe from my doc that she really wants me to be prepared that it may turn into a c/s. I keep having to remind myself that there's a medical reason we are inducing, not just for the fun of it.

8. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@princessandthebee: hahaha!! That's too funny! HB people pop up in my dreams sometimes too, it's okay!

@runnerd: hugs I know it's scary. It was even scary for me last time. There's been a lot of successful induction stories, even on HB where mom's haven't been dilated before (I wasn't). Pitocin is strong stuff and as soon as my water broke, things moved along fine! Hoping it goes smoothly! I can't wait to "meet" baby F!

9. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@lauraeabel: thinking of you!!!!!

10. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

Thanks for all the thoughts and positivity guys! Currently hanging out, had an epidural and man. That's awesome. When it works anyway- the first time they put it in it didn't work, which was horrifying. They redid it and now I feel great. When they checked me to put the epidural in I was at 7cm, completely effaced, and my water isn't broken yet. They also JUST realized I'm gbs positive so we are hoping she waits until seven before coming so we can get both doses of penicillin in. Really irritated the doctor didn't tell us this information two weeks ago, but it is what it is.

11. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

@runnerd: hopefully the induction goes smoothly and you don't have to have a csection, but even if you do just remember you're doing what's best for you and for baby F!

12. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: I'm sorry girl. But I'm also still hoping for a very smooth induction, I think it's very possible! OB's tend to be/speak overly cautious just in case!

@lauraeabel: That's annoying you guys just found out about the gbs, hope she waits and gets her meds! Can't wait for the next update, thanks for thinking of us!

13. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@lauraeabel: yay!!! Cheering you on!!! Epidurals are amazing! Hahaha. Good luck with delivery!!!

14. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@HLK208: @princessandthebee: @lauraeabel: thanks for the encouragement guys - I got to just be go with the flow when I head to hospital

@lauraeabel: wow can't believe the GBS message wasn't passed along! ahhh not much longer now!!

15. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@runnerd: So sorry to hear that! I'm hoping that the induction is surprisingly easy. I understand your fears about c-section - it's not my favorite thought either! But little baby F will be worth it regardless of how he arrives! And that day is SO soon!

@lauraeabel: Glad that epidural finally took for you! 7cm is awesome! I'm hoping you're holding LO by now or soon. The GBS mistake sounds annoying, sheesh!

16. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

Guys!!! The 12th is not only a full moon but a supermoon. It's when the moon is closest to the earth all year. It's said that if a woman is close to her due date that the gravitational pull will make her water break! it's probably a silly myth but my mom has worked in hospitals for 30+ years and has said every night when there's a full moon, it's nuts. They get super busy and L&D is under staffed on supermoon nights!

17. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

My appt today went well - 3cm, 80% effaced, bulging bag of waters. Hooray for progress! I went ahead and had a membrane sweep but haven't felt any effects from it - was an hour and a half ago.

I scheduled a non stress test for Monday and then a BPP ultrasound for Wednesday in case baby decides to keep hanging in there. The good new is she looked great and my numbers do, too, so no worries on that front. I've only gained 35 lbs and I gained 55 with C! The midwife also said she thinks little miss will be about 7ish lbs so a good 2lbs less than C! I'll take it.

18. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: Maybe we'll all just give birth that night and wrap up the July thread a bit early? That'd be crazy if several of us delivered then! Interesting. I have never heard of a supermoon before!

19. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: yay!!! All of that is great news!!! Keep us posted!

20. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: Oh, and even better - I forgot to add that baby was not posterior at this appt so my uncomfortable inversion must have worked at the chiropractor! Thank God.

21. LemonLong

pear / 1698 posts

So baby has officially been diagnosed as IUGR. I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow for monitoring and an induction scheduled on Monday at 8 am. Looks like I'm line jumping, my original due date was 7/30. Glad we are getting her out and safe.

@lauraeabel: good luck! 7cm is awesome!

@runnerd: I had an induction with my first and I wasn't dilated at all. It was about 12 hours start to finish and went really smooth- hope yours is the same!

22. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@LemonLong: So glad they are on top of things and that she will be healthy because of it! I hope your induction goes smoothly for a second time!

23. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@LemonLong: oh wow. Good luck with the induction!!!

24. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: yay!!! That's so awesome. I hope labor is quick for you (um, but not as quick as the video we saw this morning).

25. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@HLK208: oh lady, I've been thinking about that too!!! Come on super moon haha

@coopsmama: woo!! Love that news! I'm gonna guess you won't need that Monday appt!

@LemonLong: will be thinking positive thoughts for you! I'll be a few hours into my induction when you get started - maybe our wee ones will be born on the same day!! And I'm glad to hear your first induction went well!!

26. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@hlk208: Just jumping over from September to say that I totally went into labor with LO #1 during a full moon. I delivered her at 40 +3 after having no progress at all at my 40w appt. I absolutely believe the full moon had something to do with it! So...fx that it works for you all!

27. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: That is crazy! I wonder if it will be true for some of us!
    What video are you talking about? The GoPro Dad in the car with the wife who delivered right as they arrived to the hospital? So intense! I cried, haha, because I was happy and freaked out by it.

@coopsmama: Wow, you're on your way! Hoping this weekend is it!! Yay for not posterior!

@LemonLong: Well glad you have the weekend to prep! Hoping for a smooth induction like your last one it sounds like!

28. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@princessandthebee: yes!!! The GoPro video. Omg.

29. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@Pancakes: good to know!!! Thanks for popping in

30. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: OK not to freak you out, but that was her third kid! Do you think you'll have plenty of time or do you have fast labors?!?

31. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@princessandthebee: hahaha! I think I'll have time! The hospital is 15 minutes away and I plan on going in sort of early (right after my water breaks or when contractions become so intense that I can't talk through them). I have no desire for DH to catch this baby!!!

32. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

I'm exhausted so I haven't caught up with everyone's news yet- I promise tomorrow! But wanted to let everyone know Eliza Delaney showed up at 8:26 tonight. She's 8lbs 3oz, 20 inches, and has a ridiculous head of hair she got straight from her dad. We're all doing great!

33. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@lauraeabel: I commented on FB, but CONGRATS!!! So, so beautiful!!!

34. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: That video was seriously traumatizing to me. I don't know why but it shook me up! I will definitely be heading to the hospital with plenty of time to spare this go around!

@lauraeabel: So sweet!! Congratulations mama! I'm so thrilled that everything went well for you and that you're all healthy following delivery! Get some rest! Welcome baby Eliza!

35. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@lauraeabel: Yayy!! Congrats!! she is beautiful

36. Mrs. Cookie

@lauraeabel: I saw on Facebook too! So many congrats, she's beautiful!

37. Mrs. Cookie

@coopsmama: That video! I think it was just a bad thing to watch so close to our due dates. Too intense but happy. I cried when I watched it alone and with DH.

38. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@princessandthebee: Yes, definitely too close to our due dates but also for me...I had to transport to the hospital with my first while in transition. It was awful. I do not recommend it! It was easily the worst and most painful part of the entire labor and delivery. My husband even broke down and about started sobbing during that car ride apparently - he told me afterwards. I was completely out of it and had no clue! I really felt that woman's fear and pain. She was incredibly brave!

Eta - I, however, did not just safely sit in the car seat like she did. This is so dangerous but for the entire car ride I would sit in the seat, I remember, and then during each contraction (every minute at that point) would turn around and perch on the seat (while we were driving!!!) and lean my head over the seat. Hands and knees was the only position that worked for me during labor so I was trying to replicate that while in the car. Back labor is so intense! But seriously, super dangerous!

39. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@lauraeabel: adorable!! Rest up mama!

@princessandthebee: @coopsmama: finally watched that video - it made bawl both from fear and joy haha

@coopsmama: I couldn't imagine that car ride! You are doing hospital this time right?

40. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@LovelyPlum: thanks lady!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee