Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I just had a Kit Kat and four chocolate biscuits. Devine!

2. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@travelgirl1: I want donuts!!!!!!

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: DO it. You've been sick for so long!

4. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@mrsjyw: Go get those donuts! What is January for if not for carbs and sugar?

@simplyfelicity: sugar totally helps the sickness, lol. How are you feeling? Do you still feel sick? I get nausea through the day then it gets bad at dinner time but eating yoghurt really helps, strangely.

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I just stumbled across the site and it tells you what you should gain minimum, average and maximum based on your BMI. I have no clue what I weigh or how much I have gained but maybe some of you might find it helpful.
    http://www.indiacurry.com/women/pregcalc.htm

6. mrsjyw

@travelgirl1: february! true story, the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because my window panel is broken and i'm too lazy to walk in. No lie, I've imagined driving in backwards and picturing a passenger ordering for me. Many fast food stops have been avoided thanks to said broken window.

7. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: I am doing ok! Took the day off because I started to feel like I was getting sick and wanted to nip it in the bud. I get sick when I eat too much or if I eat something spicy with acid.

8. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@travelgirl1: i may have to try yogurt! my nausea has mostly subsided but i still get mild queasiness in the late afternoons/evenings. can it be a flavored yogurt or do you usually eat plain yogurt?

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: I am sorry for your loss.

10. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@mrsjyw: February!ha ha, I need to get with the times

@simplyfelicity: overeating is a killer! Glad you are generally doing better though.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I registered at Target and BRU. Hopefully I put enough items on there but I tend to be a minimalist.

12. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@edelweiss: It honestly really helps. I have it when I get up and before bed, I always have flavoured, don't think I could stomach plain right now. Strawberry and lemon flavours have worked really well.

13. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@fuzzypeaches: how do you like that diaper bag? I've been looking at it and considering a purchase

14. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Tidybee: I'm so sorry about your grandmother

15. mrsjyw

@Tidybee: eat and be well!!! my condolences to you and your family!!

16. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@travelgirl1: is it Greek yogurt?? Could be the protein in it that helps. Someone told me i think an old wives tale said that mornjng sickness and nausea is about a Protein deficiency. Every time I've eaten eggs, yogurt or peanut butter, I felt so much better.
    @simplyfelicity: id be happy to send you some thoughts on the registry if you need!

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: That would be great! Do I just wall you my info?

18. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Tidybee: No just regular full of sugar yoghurt But I do agree about the protein, it helps a lot. I used to buy smoothies with yoghurt and added protein powder in them when I was at my worst for that very reason.

19. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@travelgirl1: @mrsjyw: thanks!
    @simplyfelicity: yeah sure!

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I love the BePrepared too!!

@Tidybee: So sorry for your loss

21. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Tidybee: i'm sorry about your grandmother.

22. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I LOVE it! It's my favourite of all that I've purchased. It's more on the pricey side, and more "diaper-bag" looking than I would generally go for. However, all my other more stylish/purse-looking purchases have always ended up being too small and disorganized.

I'm a super big fan of it My one complaint is that it's a bit hard to fit underneath my stroller.

23. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Tidybee: sorry for your loss! comfort food is sometimes the way to go with grieving.

@travelgirl1: @mrsjyw: Donuts and chocolate pretty much sound like heaven

24. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: I wouldn't even think twice about soft serve!! But honestly I'm not one who follows any pregnancy "rule (except not drinking alcohol). Hope you ate your blizzard!!

Did you get your biopsy results back? Thinking of you!!

@fuzzypeaches: my MW doesn't weigh me but I weighed myself a few days ago and I'm up 7 lbs at 18 weeks. Now I wish I didn't weight myself! Last time I was only up a couple by that point and I gained 29 overall. Honestly I believe your body will gain what it need to, so don't worry!

We have a Danzo diaper bag that I first saw on here. I used it a lot at first but as babe got older I paired down everything I would bring. Now I just bring a couple diapers and wipes and snacks. I'm thinking I want something different this time.

25. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Thought I'd share this photo to make everyone jealous Aloha!!!

26. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@QBbride: Sooooo jealous! I love Maui!

27. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@QBbride: ahhhh gorgeous! Definitely jealous, it's like torrentially pouring rain while you guys are gone!!

28. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@QBbride: Sooo gorgeous! Enjoy!

29. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Tidybee: I'm sorry about your grandmother. My family has the comfort food thing too, such a good way to gather and share memories!

@QBbride: woooow, gorgeous!

Anyone else getting all forgetful? I've caught myself putting the teapot in the fridge way too many times.

30. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Tidybee: Im so sorry to hear about your grandmother

@QBbride: Yes! I ate it and it was magical Thank you for asking. They said 5 days at the earliest (which would be tomorrow) so I will call the office tomorrow...AND I am SO jealous of your view!!

@Mama Bird: YES. I found the baby carrots that I took for lunch today in the pantry as I was prepping dinner (this evening) Arghhhh

31. mrsjyw

@QBbride: omg. So jealous!!

32. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@QBbride: Oh my goodness...so jealous! Thank you for sharing that image though! I love Hawaii! Enjoy your trip!

@Mama Bird: I've been leaving things out of the fridge. Things I've purchased from the store that require refrigeration. And LO's milk cups full of milk. YAY! I'll blame baby brain The teapot in the fridge puzzles me...

33. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Tidybee: I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

34. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Has everyone told their bosses? I still haven't told mine. I work from home, so it's easy to hide it But I do feel like with my due date being almost 5 months from now (WHAT?!) that I should let him know. I should probably do it in person, but I don't really want to. I think I'll put it off until after my OB appt next week. Anyone have a great way to lead in to the conversation? I remember I told him in person last time and the belly did the talking.

35. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@fuzzypeaches: not really sure what my weight is, guess I'll find out Monday at my appt. But I feel like I'm definitely gaining! If that's my trade-off for finally feeling better, guess I'll take it!

@Tidybee: sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing.

@simplyfelicity: I hear you on the acid. It took me like 3 times to realize I threw up every time I drank OJ, and had bad indigestion with the nightly tangerine eating I was doing with DH.

@QBbride: omg, I hate you! lol j/k. But do see my post about having a breakdown because of the winter! I am trying to convince DH we need to move to someplace like Hawaii after the baby is born! Enjoy your time there!

@sweetooth: I told my clients that once May comes I'm done. They're going to have to watch and walk their own dogs! Or find someone else.

36. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

OH! And you guys remember the big azz pregnancy pillow I ordered. Well it's not the life-saver I thought it would be. My hips still ache! Finally going swimming tomorrow, and I can't wait to feel weightless!

37. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sweetooth: I'm sure if you request a meeting, he'll know something is up, if you usually work from home and don't see him face to face! So the conversation won't be totally out of the blue

@TheSwissWifeStyle: swimming is great, it helps a lot! I did it for most of my first pregnancy. DH had to make me go because I hate cold water, but now I miss it! We can't go any more because there's no one to watch the kid on weekends, unless we do it one at a time

38. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Tidybee: so sorry to hear about your loss!

@QBbride: what a great photo! enjoy the vacation!

@simplyfelicity: hope you are feeling better today!

@Reese: hoping for good news from your biopsy today! fingers crossed for you!

@sweetooth: just tell him! I waited until after my 13 week/out of the first tri appt and told my immediate supervisor and our director. The director was happy and gave me a hug, which was awkward, but whatever. She knew we were trying (everyone knew) since everyone knew about our previous m/c. I think if you are just matter of fact about it, it won't be a big deal. Let us know how it goes!

39. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

As for me, had the 16 wk appt yesterday and heard the hb again. Pretty uneventful appointment but they did take blood for AFPI testing I think they called it? And we scheduled my sono for a time that DH can come, even though it won't be until 22 weeks the doc was fine with it. Still thinking about whether or not LO should come, so thanks for all your feedback on that.

40. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@sweetooth: I told mine, but I kind of had too since I'm the administrative staff supervisor... and I have to hire new staffers by May... and then I'm leaving for two months so I felt better to let him know..
    @QBbride: ALOHA!!!!! awesome
    @Tidybee; hope you're doing ok sending some

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee