Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@mamainthesun: Glad to hear ti went well! I've never been any good at the nub theory but I think some women on here are versed in it

2. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: good idea, I'll have a look at old threads!
    Has any thought of names yet?!

3. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@mamainthesun: Was also hoping to get a guess at the gender at my 12 week appointment, but no such luck! Six weeks to go till my anatomy scan...What was baby's heart rate? Supposedly a fast heart rate means a girl. Although not so sure how accurate any of this is.

4. winniebee

@mamainthesun: we haven't gone there yet! I have a few in mind (we have named 3 boys so lots of practice) but I don't think we will really talk about it until after my anatomy scan.

5. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mamainthesun: We have a few front runners. Amelia Lynn if it's a girl and Andrew William if it's a boy. I really like Andrew, but my son's name is Jackson and I'm not sure if its too weird to have that. Like when I have to yell at them for fighting, Andrew! Jackson! We'll see. We are thinking we will be team green for this one so we have lots of time to think about it.

6. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

I'm pretty sure DH and I will never agree on a boy name. We'll end up calling him "baby" or "hey, you." lol. I was initially glad we found out early from the NIPT results but the extra time hasn't really made our decision any easier. I'm hoping one day it just comes to us

7. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@mamainthesun: Names are a definite work in progress. We're pretty set on a girl name, but I don't know what we're going to do if it's a boy. We can't seem to agree on anything and neither of us has a boy name that we love.

@BeatlesFan629: Boy names are so hard!

8. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Calibee: six weeks is not that long! Mine is still 8!! As for the heart rate theory I read that above 160 it was a girl, but looking at my son's 3 month scan I saw his heart rate was at 168!! So not very accurate !

9. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: we' ll probably wait to really talk about it after the next scan too. It's easy to get wrapped up in the name game but Ill be happy when we know if everything is looking good with the next scan..When is yours?

10. winniebee

@mamainthesun: Tomorrow, I have an "early" anatomy scan to look for the same abnormalities we had last time. Then my real deal anatomy scan is February 9 -- 4 weeks!

11. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@JennyG: nice names! I really like Amelia and Andrew! Good luck with team green! I'm too curious!!
    @BeatlesFan629: @Calibee: same here, we hve a girl name we've like since before our first son but boys names are harder to agree on.. Especially because I suggest, he says no but he never makes any suggestions !!
    @winniebee: you'll have to help us with boy names!!

12. winniebee

@mamainthesun: I definitely have a few in my head already for this baby. I already have Tyler, Ryan, and our angel is Dylan. Names are a lot of fun

13. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: you have great taste in names! All three of those names are on my list. We already have a Ryan and Dylan in our family though and my husband vetoed Tyler (because he has a friend named Tyler )

14. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: Thanks! My husband vetoes names of people he knows too. Like "oh no I knew a kid with that name in high school and he was a loser" - therefore we can't use that name.

15. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: My husband does the same thing. Or he'll come up with far stretched ways kids could tease the kid about their name. We're also both in education so there are lots of names that a no-go due to former students.

16. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Ha! My husband does this too! And I do too of course. You never realize how many people you dislike until it's time to name a baby.

17. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: lovely names! I love that all the names have a y!! Good luck tomorrow !
    @JennyG: @Calibee: mine does it too! Especially finding silly nicknames that kids would use to tease with. I sometimes wonder if kids are that mean and creative !

18. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

@mamainthesun: I think we have narrowed down our names. Luca for a boy and Isabella (pronounced Eesabella) for a girl. Haven't thought about middle names. Our first two kids are named Charlotte Elizabeth and Mateo Alexander.

19. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

Saw my little jelly bean today!! Worried myself at the appointment because I have only gained 3lbs so far and have no bump at all. But all is good, and the doctor isn't worriedI have to keep remembering this pregnancy will be nothing like the twins.

20. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@HawaiianGirl: nice names, I've always like Luca or Lucas, but my sister named her son that before I was even pregnant with lo1!! I also love Mateo but it's been really popular here and I don't like the French pronunciation !
    Great that your appointment went well and that all is looking good!

21. winniebee

@HawaiianGirl: 3 lbs is completely normal first trimester gain! Glad all is well

22. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

How is everyone feeling, mood wise? I have been such a moody witch these past few months. I feel like I'm in a constant state of PMS. With my first, I feel like I was the total opposite...very calm and zen but this time I feel like it doesn't take much to annoy me or make me upset. I'm really hoping this passes and I'm not like this the next 6 months (my poor husband)!

23. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I don't feel any different..I just got tired faster, and then get cranky and loose my patience easier ! I'm so much fun these days!

24. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: how did the scan go?

25. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I think I definitely had a shorter fuse for a while. Especially when I wasn't feeling well. But I like to think I'm pretty much back to normal. Although as certain clothes start to not fit right anymore it makes me grumpy.

26. winniebee

Early anatomy scan went really well today! No signs of a neural tube defect!

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I have such a short fuse with my toddler right now! And then I get upset that I have a short fuse.

@winniebee: yay!!!! I'm so happy for you

Madeleine is our girl name, and we currently like Nolan for a boy, but not set on it.

28. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Woo hoo! Awesome news!

@Mrs. J: Such nice name choices!

29. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: great news!!
    @Mrs. J: I love Madeleine, but sadly enough it's been vetoed !

30. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: we picked it back with my first! It's a family name.

@Calibee: thank you! Boys names are so hard for us, especially because we already have two!

31. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: how is Mateo different in French?? I like Lucas/Luke, but DH vetoed it. I'd love to do the French/Swiss pronunciation of Madeleine, but our last name is a very French Swiss name, so it's too much, especially because neither boy has a first name like that.

32. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@HawaiianGirl: Charlotte is my other girl favorite! I would love Charlotte Magdalena (Magdalena is my grandma's name).

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Who is TG and who found out/is finding out??

34. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: Very happy to hear!

@mamainthesun: @Mrs. J: @Calibee: Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had/has a short fuse. I'm honestly not THAT bad and it does seem to be getting better with time but its just surprising to me how different my mood was last pregnancy vs. this one.

@Mrs. J: I wish I could be team green...I just don't have it in me but it seems like it would be fun!
    ETA - we found out through NIPT that we are having a boy

35. winniebee

@Mrs. J: we found out through the Materni21 test and it was confirmed on ultrasound yesterday!

36. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: We will find out in six weeks at my anatomy scan. Although I really think this is a girl, so I'll be pretty surprised if it's a boy. My husband and I even both keep calling the baby "she" and "her." Although admittedly that's kind of our default because we already have a girl.

Anyone else have a feeling/intuition one way or the other?

37. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@BeatlesFan629: For me, the difference this time is zero down time with a toddler, which just makes it so much harder. Last pregnancy, I could close my door at work or come home from work and just lay on the couch when I was tired. My toddler does not approve! So instead I have to power through and it's exhausting and can make me cranky! At least my energy is coming back so it's becoming way less of an issue.

38. winniebee

Yes hang in there re: mood and energy LOL - I feel basically normal (except very hungry) at 15.5 weeks. I have my moments of exhaustion, but with 2 kids and working have taken exactly 1 nap this whole pregnancy. I don't have boundless energy but I definitely feel much more normal.

39. winniebee

@Calibee: I didn't have strong intuition about it either way, but after having 3 boys (our angel pregnancy was also a boy) I would have been surprised if it was a boy!

40. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: the pronunciation..I like the Spanish pronunciation where you really hear the Ma-te-o and in French I find the vowel sounds less pronounced..If that makes sense! I've been trying to say it in my head to be able to explain what I mean but I've said it too much and nothing makes sense! Ha!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee