Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: the pronunciation..I like the Spanish pronunciation where you really hear the Ma-te-o and in French I find the bowels sounds less pronounced..If that makes sense! I've been trying to say it in my head to be able to explain what I mean but I've said it too much and nothing makes sense! Ha!

2. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: @BeatlesFan629: we're not going to be team green, but I'd like to, maybe when we have a third one! I'm just too curious!!
    Congrats on having a boy!

3. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Calibee: intuition mixed with hope of it being it girl..I know these are no real signs, but the fact that I feel nauseous and have loads of spots this time make me think it might be a girl. I also looked up the nub theory and it looked more like a girl...But all in all I know there is a 50-50 chance!

4. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Mrs. J: We are Team Green. We found out with our first two and have one of each. If I had to guess, I'd say girl, but I really don't have a strong feeling either way yet. I'd be completely happy with either.

15 weeks today and the little bud is the size of an avocado!!

What are some of your favorite pregnancy apps?

5. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

12 weeks yesterday and I got to hear the heartbeat today for the first time. 152bpm!

6. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@JennyG: I like the Ovia Pregnancy app!

@Mrs. J: Yay for hearing the hearbeat!

7. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@JennyG: I'll be 15 weeks Monday! Yeah for avocados!!

@Mrs. J: I love hearing the heart beat! Makes it so real!!

8. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Mrs. J: exciting!!

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: I totally thought DS2 was a girl. I threw up every day and I had lots of zits.

10. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: haha exactly what Im telling myself, it doesn't mean anything !

Does anyone still feel nauseous ? It doesn't seem to get any better for me.

11. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: if I don't eat or eat too much, I do. I generally feel hungover all the time. With my first two, the morning sickness didn't go away until 16ish weeks

12. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: me too when I don't eat or too much! Ill keep my fingers crossed it's over soon!

13. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

Third pregnancy has stricken over here an a I officially in maternity clothes at 16 weeks. I've been trying to embrace the bellaband for the last week, today I got less lazy and fetched the box from the attic. So much better.

I am also dealing with yet another cold (thanks kids!) and this is the roughest one yet. I have a ton of Sinus pressure. Any out of the box ideas for relief?

14. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@purplelilac: Have you tried any saline spray? That helped me SOOOOO much with my last cold a few weeks ago.

15. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@purplelilac: will your doc let you take sudafed? I think my midwives ok it in the second tri

16. winniebee

@purplelilac: I've never tried it but people swear by Neti pot. Feel better soon!

17. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@purplelilac: I always drink hot water with lemon and honey. Maybe worth a try! Hope you feel better soon

18. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

A late joiner after much hesitation

EDD: 7/15
    How far along: 14 weeks, 3 days
    First child? yes but not first pregnancy
    First doctor appointment: have had several. Next one is feb 6th and then anatomy scan is feb 14th
    Any symptoms so far? Well now that second trimester is here symptoms are mellowing out. I'm showing and exhausted!
    Who have you told? Husband, family and a few coworkers. Will announce in the next week or so to my students (I teach HS and am showing, many already know but have been good about not asking just batting around the bush haha) .
    Current mindset/fears/thoughts? Just general disattachment towards this pregnancy. Too afraid to really get comfortable with the idea of being a momma finally. Praying that after knowing the gender and hitting 20 weeks I'll start to feel less anxious about it

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Makingbabyw: welcome! Lots of sticky baby dust to you. What do you teach? Before becoming a SAH mom this year, I taught HS English.

20. winniebee

@Makingbabyw: gentle congratulations to you. I've been very cautious and anxious this pregnancy after losing our last pregnancy pretty late. It's tough. Welcome

21. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Makingbabyw: welcome and congratulations!

22. winniebee

Had my 16 week OB appt today - nothing crazy to report...have gained 5 lbs total and my uterus measures on track We are skipping AFP bloodwork this time since I'm already being monitored closely by ultrasound. Feels weird not to do it but it was the high risk doctor's recommendation as well as my OB's.

23. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: yeah no news good news!!
    How are you feeling??

24. honey786

grape / 81 posts

Hi ladies! I have been following this board and finally decided to join in on the fun.

EDD: July 1, 2017

First child? Yes!

Any symptoms? A lot of symptoms! I feel like my bump is starting to pop out a little. Right now just trying to get over a pesky cold.

Who have you told? Family, some close friends

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I still feel its surreal. My husband and I are very excited. We are first-timers, so there is a lot we don't know, but we are not in a place of fear or worry about it.

25. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@honey786: Congratulations and welome! Exciting times ahead!

26. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Makingbabyw: @honey786: Welcome!! And congratulations

@winniebee: Sounds like everything is looking good!!

27. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Just chiming back in to whine that I'm still waiting on the results from my first trimester genetic screening. The doctor said I'd get results in 10-14 days, but three weeks later, I'm still waiting. They said they're just waiting to hear from the lab, but the waiting is no fun.

For those who did the NT ultrasound and related blood work, do you remember about how long you had to wait for results?

28. winniebee

@mamainthesun: I feel good despite a little cold! You??

29. winniebee

@honey786: welcome!

30. winniebee

@Nutella: hey what's your due date? I'll add you to the list

31. winniebee

July 2017 Mamas

Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Jaypegs: 7/27 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Nutella: (#2)

32. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@Makingbabyw: @honey786: Welcome!

@Calibee: Ugh that stinks! With mine, I was told 7-10 business days but I ended up finding out in less than 5. I hope you get some answers soon!

33. winniebee

@Calibee: Exactly what testing did you have done? I honestly can't remember receiving first trimester results for my first two pregnancies - I did the Series Sequential Testing which takes first trimester blood, NT scan, and then second trimester blood to give you your numbers. So we didn't find out until maybe 16 weeks? With my last two pregnancies we did the NIPT testing - the first time it took 10 days and this time just 6.

34. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Anyone else starving all time all of a sudden? Last night I was so hungry just a hour after dinner. Of course I had a snack, but still work up a little hungry. And today here I am sitting at work having eaten my normal breakfast counting down the minutes to lunch.

35. winniebee

@JennyG: I am hungry all of pregnancy! Like blinding hunger LOL. I had to stop my workout at the gym last week and eat a granola bar I have to eat lunch at 11:00 every day too.

36. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@JennyG: I feel like I'm always hungry but nothing ever seems appealing to me. Except cookies. And fruit roll-ups I basically have to force myself to eat normal food

37. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

Thanks for all the well wishes folks. I finally gave in and went to the Dr yesterday and today I got an antibiotic prescription. I am hoping it kicks in fast and the pain is gone. I can deal with another few days of congestion, but please no more pain! Seriously my birthing my second child almost didn't seem as bad as this.

Welcome to the new mommas to the group! @honey786: we are due date twins!
    @Makingbabyw: I hope your nerves can settle soon and you can enjoy the wild ride that is pregnancy.
    @JennyG: I"ve found my hunger to be completely unpredictable. Some days I am starving and others I barely want to eat (which is not like me at all).

38. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@BeatlesFan629: Yes! I got my results so fast with my first pregnancy. This time is taking forever for some reason.

@winniebee: It's the Sequential Integrated Screening. I get the results after my first trimester ultrasound and blood draw. Then those results are revised after the second trimester blood draw.

39. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

And my doctor literally just called with results. Of course

Everything came back negative!

40. winniebee

@Calibee: good news! I don't remember ever getting first tri results but maybe I did!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee