Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2014 mamas!

1. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@spaniellove: I LOVE the nursery! Its simple and beautiful and boy without being BOY

Got my negative from the GBS back this week. HOORAY!!! (after failing the glucose test, I'm not going into any of these remaining tests too confident, so I was very relieved)

And on to the questions...
    1) how far along are you? 37 weeks 2 days

2) is there a first activity or event you are looking forward to doing with the baby? Settling down at home and figuring each other out.

3) any labor action? Are you doing anything to get labor going? Nothing yet. I get a little crampy every now and again but mostly I contribute that to having to pee.

4) anything else? Hoping the little dude isn't hoping for any early surprises so I can get a lot of final things done this weekend!

2. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

@MsBadger: I thought I would get GBS too with my luck, but I'm clear! Wasn't it nice to get a good phone call for once?

I had a really good appointment this morning. My MFM doctor said he doesn't need to see me anymore and my blood pressure was good in the office, which never happens. My stress test was fast and good, my fluid is good. They think he is about 6lbs 1oz. BUT I am still high, closed and thick cervix. My OB wants me to go sooner rather than later so she gave the green light to try all the old wives' tales. There is a famous salad at a restaurant by my friend's house that is supposed to put women into labor so we have a lunch date next week to try it out. Apparently the secret is in the dressing. I will also be buying a bottle to bring home.
    I'm not really anxious to have the baby, but I am okay with him coming whenever. We definitely don't have everything done and I kind of have sort of an idea of what we are going to do with J, but we are just so close to the end, that I'm cool with it happening now.

3. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Thanks guys! We've been working on that room for so long now. You should have seen what it looked like before - no sunlight, dingy carpet and walls, closet doors that didn't open, boob light on the ceiling.

@BabyBruins: @MsBadger: It's so awesome being told you actually don't have something! I'm so used to having everything.

Since tomorrow is 37w I'm all for this kid coming out! I feel like things have slowly picked up over the past week. I knew none of it was actually labor but it added up to enough that something must be going on in there.

4. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

@spaniellove: I know you've been our list keeper, so I hope it's ok that I am reposting our list - I am just getting so excited for babies!

I also added a new list below with planned baby dates. Does anyone else have a scheduled date we should add?

June Due Dates
    1st – Owlmom (#2)
    1st – Sunshine710 (#2-Girl)
    1st – Tundra Daisy (#1-Boy)
    2nd – Meesker (#1-Girl)
    2nd – STP (#2-Boy)
    2nd - Mrsrain (#1-Girl)
    3rd – Beachbee (#2-Green)
    4th – KentuckyGirl (#1-Boy)
    5th – Calsmom (#2-Girl)
    6th – Chastenet (#2-Green)
    8th – MsBadger (#1-Boy)
    10th – Duckling (#1-Boy)
    10th – BabyBruins (#2-Boy)
    11th – Alexandra603 (#1-Girl)
    11th – Lollipop (#2)
    13th – SpanielLove (#1-Boy)
    14th – Leelee (#2-Girl)
    15th – Peacockblue (#2)
    17th – Lilibillie (#1-Girl)
    18th – Matcha Latte (#1-Boy)
    19th – Kimbed (#2-Girl)
    20th – Lilyann (#2-Boy)
    20th – MKP17 (#2-Boy)
    23rd – CakeLady (#1-Green)
    26th – Mrs.Ham (#1)
    26th – LaurelMae (#2-Girl)
    27th – Shortcake (#2-Green)
    28th – Mrs Ranunculus (#2)
    29th – LittleVeesMommy (#2-Girl)

Planned Baby Dates
    2nd - CakeLady

5. Duckling

olive / 65 posts

1) How far along are you? 37 wks 2dy

2) Is there a first activity or event you are looking forward to doing with the baby? Naming him! (We still haven't settled on a name.) To be frank, I've just been focusing on seeing him. I can't wait for that.

3) Any labor action? Are you doing anything to get labor going? I've had many contractions (quite long ones), and they actually caught a long, strong one on the NST the other day--both the nurse and doctor asked me if I was counting/timing them yet. But I haven't been. I've had so many BHs that I've just been ignoring contractions. I figure that I'll find the motivation to pay attention when they really, really get painful, right? Plus, I'm trying to work right up until birth and my DH was out of town until last night on his last trip before baby. So I've been "willing" this baby to stay put until at least Week 38! Hearing this plan, the doctor said that I should give up my 2-mile evening walk until my DH returns just to be safe.

4) Anything else? My appetite has grown enormously but my stomach has shrunk! I've got to stop being stubborn and eat 12 times a day rather than 4 or this will end badly.

@spaniellove Lovely nursery--what great work you've done!

6. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Duckling: Are you losing weight (which I've heard happens at the end) or has your belly dropped? Or both? I can't even imagine doing a 2-mile walk at this point!

@CakeLady: Thank you for reposting the list! I have no motivation to do anything at this point.

I thought today was supposed to be our last MFM visit but they want me to keep coming back for NSTs because his abdominal circumference is still at the 3rd percentile and they're having a hard time getting movement and accels out of him. But wow does he have a lot of hair!

7. Duckling

olive / 65 posts

@spaniellove Not yet. I gained a half-pound in the past week, I think. (I've not gained a lot with my pregnancy, which has resulted in frequent scoldings no matter how much I tell them that there is NO ROOM for food in there.)

However, I have about twenty contractions daily and have been unusually moody, which is a first for me as this pregnancy has generally made me mellow and peaceful. Tonight I'm going to make myself sit down and time those suckers.

Other possible symptoms? Groin muscle cramps. General menstrual-like cramping. Lower back pain.

Also, does anyone else have a hard time sitting down? My ribs can't take more than an hour. I have to stand or walk or I feel like my ribcage might just explode. Sheesh! We're getting close...I can feel it.

8. Sunshine710

cherry / 206 posts

My baby girl was born today weighing 5 lbs 13 oz and 18 inches tall (takes after her mommy!) Braxton hicks finally turned into the real deal around 7pm last night, got to hospital at 10, admitted at 2, epidural at 2:30, 10 centimeters at 6 am. Rocked a vbac with 14 minutes of pushing and she was born at 6:25, 6 days early! Very relieved and so so happy! Good luck to the rest of the June mamas!

9. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Sunshine710: yay!!! Congratulations!!!! So happy for our first "June" mama!!!

10. beachbee

kiwi / 673 posts

@Sunshine710: congratulations!!! So happy mommy and baby are doing well!! Enjoy your snuggles!!

11. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

@Sunshine710: Congrats! Wonderful news!

I'm getting so excited for more June babies

12. leelee

persimmon / 1194 posts

@Sunshine710: eek congrats!!!

13. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Sunshine710: Congrats!!!

Add another one to the list! Baby Badger (who so far is nameless) was born today at 9:11am at the hospital thank goodness because I think he almost made his debut in the car

14. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

15. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

@MsBadger: Congratulations mama! What a handsome guy! Look at all that hair. Glad to hear you made it to the hospital in time, that must have been a pretty nerve wracking car ride.

16. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

Here's an updated list with birthdays!

June (and May) Birthdays!
    May 26th - Sunshine710
    May 27th - Ms. Badger

June Due Dates
    1st – Owlmom (#2)
    2nd – Meesker (#1-Girl)
    2nd – STP (#2-Boy)
    2nd - Mrsrain (#1-Girl)
    3rd – Beachbee (#2-Green)
    5th – Calsmom (#2-Girl)
    6th – Chastenet (#2-Green)
    10th – Duckling (#1-Boy)
    10th – BabyBruins (#2-Boy)
    11th – Alexandra603 (#1-Girl)
    11th – Lollipop (#2)
    13th – SpanielLove (#1-Boy)
    14th – Leelee (#2-Girl)
    15th – Peacockblue (#2)
    17th – Lilibillie (#1-Girl)
    18th – Matcha Latte (#1-Boy)
    19th – Kimbed (#2-Girl)
    20th – Lilyann (#2-Boy)
    20th – MKP17 (#2-Boy)
    23rd – CakeLady (#1-Green)
    26th – Mrs.Ham (#1)
    26th – LaurelMae (#2-Girl)
    27th – Shortcake (#2-Green)
    28th – Mrs Ranunculus (#2)
    29th – LittleVeesMommy (#2-Girl)

Planned Baby Dates
    2nd - CakeLady

17. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@CakeLady: Thanks! My contractions were all waunky so I was convinced they were going to tell me I was only a couple centimeters! And if that was the case I was getting the epidural STAT! I was not expecting to hear, "fully dilated, don't push until the doctor comes!"

18. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

@MsBadger: Wow! That's awesome, sounds like your experience was pretty quick and not too painful. Nice!

19. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

@Sunshine710: @MsBadger: congratulations mommies!

I can't believe we have our first June (May) babies! Would live to hear your birth stories when you have the chance.

20. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

@MsBadger: have you had a treat yet? I almost bought some of my favorite candy yesterday to pack in my hospital bag.

21. Matcha Latte

olive / 70 posts

@Sunshine710: @MsBadger: congratulations on your LOs!!!!! I can't wait to hear your birth stories!! I can't wait to see who's LO will be the next to arrive!

22. leelee

persimmon / 1194 posts

@MsBadger: congrats! So handsome

Can't believe it's baby time for the June mamas... Time has flown by!

23. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@sunshine710: congrats! so excited to here about a successful vbac as I just confirmed I am attempting one also!

@msbadger: congrats, gorgeous picture!

24. beachbee

kiwi / 673 posts

@MsBadger: congratulations!! so happy to hear that baby boy is here and healthy (and that you made it to the hospital!!!).

25. Duckling

olive / 65 posts

@Sunshine710 and @MsBadger: Congratulations! I am so excited for you both!

@BabyBruins: I totally have a treat in my hospital bag. Ha. Guilty.

BH contractions disappear around midnight every night for me. So no baby yet. He's just not convinced he's ready for the outside world. My doctors made me keep my feet up this past weekend and that slowed things down quite a bit. They offered to do a "progress" check but I turned it down since it doesn't really make a difference unless I've dilated to...like...a 6. As I told the nurse, "I take it I would know if I'm at a 6." She nodded vigorously. So...hopefully, I won't regret that.

26. Tundra Daisy

cherry / 150 posts

@MsBadger: @Sunshine710: Wow!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!! Congrats you guys - I'm jealous you have your baby's already Names names?

@MsBadger: What a gorgeous little guy, he's sooo sweet!! what a amazing head of hair too

@Sunshine710: How was your epidural? I'm totally having one haha!!! It's helped me feel at ease with the birth that it's part of my plan It's really the only part of my plan lol! Hope you had a great experience!

I'm due on Sunday and saw my Ob today who said baby is all ready to rock and roll it's just a matter of time! Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer to meet our little boy

27. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@MsBadger: congratulations!!! He is adorable!!!

28. Chastenet

kiwi / 614 posts

@Sunshine710: Congratulations! I'm glad everything went smoothly and can't wait to hear the full story and see some pictures
    @MsBadger: Congratulations! It sounds like you had a relatively easy time of things - I'm definitely hoping I get to the hospital pretty much ready to push. He's beautiful!
    @Duckling: I refused a "progress" check last week at my appointment...My midwife said she didn't think it was necessary either, but offered since some people want to know if their starting to dilate. But seeing as you can be a 3 for weeks - I wouldn't want to get excited for nothing. Plus I've done this before, and I'm sure I'll know when I'm in labor.

29. Chastenet

kiwi / 614 posts

I can tell baby is pretty low, I'm having lots of bh and discharge, so I think I'm definitely gearing up. But I also don't want to go into labor until after Saturday, DH is still traveling for work this week, through Fri, and I have a longstanding date with my sister for her bday Saturday. Anytime after that though

30. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

@Chastenet: I would rather it not happen this week either. My BIL is coming for the weekend and I know hubs wants to hang out with his brother, who lives cross country. Hubs would obviuously be with me, but I know he would be torn. And BIL would help out with J, but he doesn't have kids and isn't around kids much so I would wonder how he would do.

Is anyone planning on bringing snacks/gifts for their L&D nurses? I was going to after another yoga mom delivering at my hospital said she did, but I talked to my sister who is an ER nurse and she talked me out of it, saying its a little suspect, like I'm trying to compensate for something. I was going to for J but didn't with the early delivery and we ended up giving boxes of candy the day before we left. My sister said that gesture is better received. What have you all heard?

31. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@BabyBruins: Ha! I ordered a pizza and a chocolate malt as soon as the hospital game me the menu It was probably terrible, but in that moment it was the best. Food. Ever.

32. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

@BabyBruins: I was thinking about asking my mom or in-laws to bring some cookies or treats for the nurses on the postpartum floor as a thank you. Though I've also heard that since the nurses will likely change shifts so many times while I'm there (3-4 days) it might not really work...

33. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

Shall we do a final check-in for the month of May?

1) How far along are you?
    2) How many days until your due date?
    3) Any signs of impending labor?
    4) How are you feeling about LO's arrival?
    5) Do you have a going home outfit picked out for LO?
    6) Anything else?

34. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

@MsBadger: my hospital has these AMAZING chocolate chip cookies that I can't wait to order.
    Pizza and a malt sounds like a great choice.

35. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

1) How far along are you? 36w+2

2) How many days until your due date? C-section is scheduled for Monday - so 5 days to go!!!

3) Any signs of impending labor? DH and a random neighbor lady both pointed out that the baby dropped, and I'm feeling quite a bit of downward pressure- like baby just wants to fall out. Other than that nothing - which is a good thing.

4) How are you feeling about LO's arrival? Excited, nervous, and mostly in disbelief. It is super difficult to wrap my head around the idea of actually having a baby. I am also really looking forward to finding out the sex and giving baby a name.

5) Do you have a going home outfit picked out for LO? I have a Katie Quinn sleeper and hat that I snagged on Zulily that I am bringing to the hospital, but my mom also picked out a coming home outfit when she was in Paris, I haven't seen it, but how can you say no to French baby clothes?

6) Anything else? I really can't believe that this whole pregnancy thing is almost over - it has felt really long and like it has flown by at the same time. My last pre-baby OB appointment is Friday. Crazy!

36. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

@CakeLady: I'm so glad you did this! I got distracted with the holiday Monday and didn't open my computer yesterday....anyways.

1) How far along are you? - 38 weeks 1 day
    2) How many days until your due date? - 13 (that is so weird)
    3) Any signs of impending labor? - not really. I have some low cramping occasionally and I feel I have entered the "waddling" stage. But I don't feel like he is very low and my checks at the OB would confirm that.
    4) How are you feeling about LO's arrival? - last night I was singing to my older son before bedtime and I can't imagine having another one that I love and care about so much and feeling a little sad that now my time will be split between the 2 of them. And then I guilty pleasure watched "19 Kids & Counting" and thought that lady is CRAZY! I am sure she is a very good mother, but I know I will have more time for my 2 kids than she has for her 19. And a I felt a little bit better.
    5) Do you have a going home outfit picked out for LO? - I ordered one and also matching PJs for J and the outfit for the baby is WAY too big. I have a newborn sleeper that is cute, but nothing special or I might pull out the outfit that I was planning to bring J home in, but we had to go with something different when he ended up being a preemie. J wasn't in anything special, just a preemie outfit my SIL bought, so I'm trying not to put too much "meaning" into it.
    6) Anything else? - I was planning to have lunch with a girlfriend today and have a salad that is supposed to put women into labor. My friend ended up canceling bc her kid was sick and I wasn't that upset. What if it worked?!?!?! I know this kid is coming, but I have started to get an idea in my head of when I want it to happen (which is bad, I don't want to be disappointed) and I wonder how much I should "do" to nudge the process along. At the same time, I know I need to make some progress if I want to have a VBAC and I really don't think that anything I will do will make me go into labor if my body/baby isn't ready....I am going officially crazy. I think I could talk myself into anything.

37. beachbee

kiwi / 673 posts

Add another baby to our birthday list! Our baby GIRL was born this morning via C-section. She's quite the chunker, coming in at 8lbs 9oz and 20 in long. More details to follow soon, just soaking in these sweet baby snuggles!

38. Matcha Latte

olive / 70 posts

@beachbee: yay!!! Congrats!! Can't wait to hear more details and possibly pictures

39. leelee

persimmon / 1194 posts

@beachbee: wooohoo congrats!

40. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

@beachbee: Hooray! Congrats on your baby girl!

June (and May) Birthdays!
    May 26th - Sunshine710
    May 27th - Ms. Badger
    May 28th - BeachBee

June Due Dates
    1st – Owlmom (#2)
    2nd – Meesker (#1-Girl)
    2nd – STP (#2-Boy)
    2nd - Mrsrain (#1-Girl)
    5th – Calsmom (#2-Girl)