Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2020 Mamas

1. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

I have my next OB visit tomorrow and the state is loosening up lots of restrictions on Friday. I'm don't think that opening everything back up right now is the right decision, but I'm not sure how to evaluate individual risk for me. What specific questions should I ask my OB tomorrow?

2. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MountainBaby: I would ask how they plan to handle prenatal visits. IMO restrictions should not be lifted at an OB practice and if you feel the same but they are loosening up, maybe see if you can keep your in person appointments to just 36 weeks for your GBS swab, even signing a waiver if needed.

I honestly can’t even imagine restrictions being lifted yet. We’re just so far from that point here, aside from opening things like construction and manufacturing May 15 at the earliest. Things are super locked down still. The way this is being done also varies a ton by state—so you would need to consider what that looks like in TX. Maybe like in NY it will mean resuming construction while maintaining other distancing protocol, in which case I wouldn’t be concerned. I think it’s if TX is one of those states where the governor is opening movie theaters and barber shops where you need to be worried about how things are being handled.

3. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@MountainBaby: I'm in TX too. I've seen both my allergist office and OB open up to non-emergency patients this week, but there is still a restriction on no guests to appointments.
    My OB office is in a building attached to the hospital, so everyone is questioned and their temp is taken before they can enter the building. If they don't have a mask, they are given a surgical mask. So, more people, but same precautions.

At my allergist's office, it is more lax. They never checked for temp, just questions at the check in desk and even a few of the desk staff isn't wearing masks (drives me crazy!) I only go there 1x/week for my allergy shot and I wait the required 20 minutes in my car.

I would ask your OB office what precautions they are taking and if anything has changed or will change this week. Hours have been significantly reduced at my OB office, so ultrasound appointments are more limited. My doc still wants to see me weekly, but she's also continuing to monitor a kidney issue with my babe.

4. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. Exciting that babies are moving into the right position for birth for some of you!

I have a growth scan and 32 week check up Thursday. Little girl has really been stronger in her movements - makes me lose my breath now and then. My sleep has definitely gone downhill this last week and I’m starting to feel more uncomfortable. But I can make it 8 weeks.

I’m balancing closing out my current job and trying to job hunt during this crazy time (as well as figuring out this FTM gig!) as I’m the breadwinner and we decided I’d retire from the Army last fall. So while we will have my military retirement coming in - I’m still hoping to get a good job somewhere this fall. Not just for the money but because I love practicing law. In so many ways I can’t wait for our little girl to arrive and know what job is next so we can make some plans and stop the “what if’s” that we do as we talk about the future.

5. JCCovi

kiwi / 705 posts

@MrsJBeeG: imI can’t imagine job searching right now! Good luck! I don’t know if it’s true across all industries but in my industry we always get excited about any candidate who is just getting out of military service so hopefully it’s the same in yours!

We have chosen a name for our little girl and I’m feeling good about that! The only problem is DD is not bought in and says it’s not the real name because she never agreed. DS has accepted it and is calling her by her nickname which is so sweet!

We’ve 90% decided to stay in VA for the summer and have the baby here. But now it sounds like summer camps might be open in the Bay Area so we are second guessing. Shelter-in-place was extended to May 31st and I don’t think we’ll really know if it’s going to be lifted until the week before.

I just received a shipment of clothes I had ordered and it’s giving me all the feels imagining our little girl!

6. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Had a 32 week growth scan. Baby girl is looking great - head down - all measurements looking good. Apparently she has a head full of hair already although I was told she may not keep it before birth. Got a 3D photo of her face and I know I’m biased but I think she’s adorable.

My blood pressure was high this visit which was a surprise - it’s been excellent and I didn’t have any warning signs. So I’m having labs done today to check and going to be seen next week for another check of baby girl and my BP. Had the discussion that if it stays higher then they will induce me at 37 weeks. So time will tell if baby is going to be born earlier in June or not.

Hope everyone is doing well!

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Generally sounds like good news all around. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that those BPs stay down and she gets to cook the whole way!

8. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@yellowbeach: it was really a good appointment. And getting to see baby girl was awesome - just wish DH could have been there to see her.

I’m not really stressing the BP situation - I think because my doctor knows and I have confidence in her (she was my doctor with my T18 loss last year and was amazing) so I know we can stay on top of it and will do what’s best for baby. I don’t mind her coming early but do want her to be as healthy as possible when she comes out!

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Almost done...

10. JCCovi

kiwi / 705 posts

@yellowbeach: I love it! Looks like such a good use of space!

11. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

How’s everyone doing? I’ve just started realizing that there is actually a lot I need to do to get ready for this baby! I opened a box of baby stuff I put away a few years ago and was like “Oh my gosh, I forgot about developmental toys and teething toys and the thing we put bottle parts in in the dishwasher, and that I need D batteries...” I’ve kept a good list of things I want to do to get myself ready (like when to: start raspberry leaf tea—last week!—, start eating dates, bake muffins, clean the inside of the car, etc.), but kind of left off baby stuff besides the nursery.

I also added a bunch of stuff to my Amazon cart and did “save for later,” like pacifiers, diapers, postpartum supplies, etc (since I might get some at my sprinkle).

It’s still winter here (legit snowed today) and I’ve outgrown everything but sweats pretty much. I have a lot of good skirts and shorts so it’s a bummer (but I’ll be wearing them this summer for sure).

12. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Becky: sounds like you’ve been busy.

All is well here. Had a check up yesterday and my blood pressure was back down to where it normally is. So at this time my due date hasn’t been adjusted. Still going to have weekly checkups for monitoring until my due date though.

Excitingly - I interviewed for a job this week and am getting a formal offer next week for it. I didn’t think I’d want the job when I interviewed - it was more for the experience. But I liked the person interviewing me (and be working for her), liked how she described the job and the office, and she’s willing to meet my desired pay (a pay raise from my current job) and the time line works for me so I’m thinking in this economy it’s stupid to turn it down. Only down side is it is a move but only 2.5 hours away from where we live now. Since we are renovating our current home and this firm may open an office in my current city in the next few years - we might just live in the new city during the week and head to our current home on weekends.

It’s crazy how it’s not long for so many people on here! Some ways it seems like it wasn’t that long that we were hesitantly posting our pregnancies. And now I see photos of beautiful nurseries.

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsJBeeG: so glad your BPs are better! And how exciting about the new job! Good news all around.

AFM, Just left my US (34w5d). 7lbs9oz! 😳 she rechecked my chart to make sure my glucose test was normal (it was). Also marginal placenta previa. As is would need CS, but still time to correct. But she said if I have any bleeding to not even bother calling and just come in ready to stay. 😕 getting a little nervous!

Also off this with only two more shifts at work!

14. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@yellowbeach: When are you checking again to see if partial previa resolved? I was diagnosed at 20 weeks and go again Friday to check (28 weeks) but it seems like after that they’d only do one more check (maybe 34 weeks?) and then they’d make the call for a cs.

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MountainBaby: Sounds like they want another US in ~4 weeks. I have to check with my MFM though. We had talked about ultrasounds every 2 weeks close to the end here given my high risk hx. But to check the cervix it’s a transvaginal scan, so maybe they will wait.

16. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@yellowbeach: That makes sense since you'll be there doing a scan anyway. Sounds like for me they won't want to schedule an extra scan just for that. Let's hope it's gone by Friday and I won't have to worry about it!

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Hi everyone! Long time no see!
    I‘m 34w3d and went to my mfm appointment today and for the first time this pregnancy things are not super ideal. She didn’t seem overly concerned, but growth slowed from consistently 65% to 49% and my fluid is down to 9.5 (not crazy low, but on the low side).
    I am scheduled to be induced in two weeks anyway due to my previous placental abruption, but until then I am supposed to have at least two non-stress tests a week. I go to my regular doctor tomorrow and will probably be asking 1 million more questions. I am kind of freaked out that the baby isn’t thriving, but hopefully all is OK.

18. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@LAZB: I had a few weeks of slowing around then too and then got back on track (and had an 8lb 3oz baby). I hope that’s the same for you too! Hopefully the NSTs help to give some piece of mind, with being able to catch if anything is wrong and get baby out. Fingers crossed and good luck during these last 2 weeks!

19. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

Thinking of those of you getting so close to your due/delivery dates!

I have 6 weeks to go and it feels so soon yet so far. I think I may be more excited that it also coincides with the last week of school, and that I won’t have to multitask and work/take care of kids anymore. My original plan was to work until I went into labor. At this point I’ve basically decided I need to stop at 38-39 weeks for the sake of my family (kids just not getting the attention they need right now what with working from home, and then going right into having a new baby seems like a disaster waiting to happen since behavior is already deteriorating). My new supervisor has 2 kids very close in age to mine (they’re in school/daycare together), worked right up to when she delivered both times, and is a total workhorse. I’m dreading having this conversation with her 😭 I stopped working at 39 weeks with my first two. For those of you still working, do you plan to go right until the end, of when do you plan to stop?

20. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@Becky: Ooh, if you can swing it to slow down work at 38 weeks, I'd do it! And I only have a 3 year old!

My "plan" is to work until the baby comes. BUT I'm letting everyone know that I think she will come early, and that we should all plan for me to be out of contact (meetings done, work ready to be passed off) at 39 weeks, and I'm quietly prepping for 38 weeks, just in case. I don't have the PTO to take off starting at 38 (which is next week for me - eek!) but I have a bunch of stuff that I can continue to do that doesn't have a timeline, so that's my plan.

Can you let your boss know that you'd like to plan to step back at 38 weeks so there is a smooth transition? I wouldn't apologize at all - just state it as what's going to be best for you and the work (you can throw your doctor under the bus if you want...). She may be a total workhorse...good for her, not for you. Also, if she would assume everyone's pregnancy and family/work balance is the same, then she's...got other issues.

21. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@LAZB: Oh, I feel for you! The increased monitoring is annoying (and possibly adding unnecessary exposure risk), but I'd feel better with it, personally.
    FWIW, my MFM numbers did not always match my OB numbers for measurements, percentiles, etc. My OB techs almost always measure her as bigger than the MFM - idk why, better technology at the MFM maybe?
    If your MFM isn't worried, that's a good sign - right?

22. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@BUNBUN: I think she would be okay with it. I’m also thinking that maybe I could just step back to 2 days/week rather than stopping altogether because I do have childcare twice/week. I don’t qualify for NY Paid Family Leave since I just switched to this job in March, but whenever I go out I’ll get Short Term Disability (50% pay) which I’ll hopefully be able to use until 12 weeks after I give birth (but for at least 6 weeks). It’s not a ton, but we’re already saving close to the equivalent of that with not paying for childcare and activities, a small raise in March, and having refinanced our mortgage.

I was really bummed about not yet qualifying for paid family leave (which is 60% pay for 10 weeks in 2020, 67% for 12 weeks in 2021) but because I have a full year to use it, I’ll be able to utilize it if/when we need to shelter in place again this winter. It can also be spread out so I could still send my kids to my parents 2 days/week and work those 2 days which is great.

23. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@Becky: That sounds like a great idea!
    Paid family leave would be so nice! I grew up in NY - I'm so glad they are offering that now!

Sadly, I live in Texas and work for a small non-profit. I get "6" weeks of short-term disability, which equates to 5 weeks at 60% salary after 1 week of PTO. At least my job will cover my insurance premiums during that time. I'll use additional PTO to get me to 8 weeks. I feel lucky I get that much.

24. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@Becky: I stopped at a week before my scheduled cesarian (so 37 weeks). I wanted to do a week before that even but I had a hard time with the idea so that was my compromise. I think my manager would have been fine though and I’m currently wishing I had!

25. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

Happy to read everyone updates! And wow @yellowbeach: your nursery is amazing, please come do mine! We have mostly emptied out husbands office for baby and...that’s it. Furniture is not arriving till after he comes so I’m just accepting that I will paint etc while on maternity leave. I’d like to think I would have been more on top of my shit if not for wfh with a toddler the past 9 weeks but who knows really.

Baby brother is arriving by scheduled cesarian on Monday at 38+1 because I have complete placenta previa that never moved. I’m nervous about the surgery but I’m at least at peace with it more than I was for the emergency cesarian with my firstborn when I cried for days after because my body had failed me. Mental clarity/certainty is big for me! Will pop in after to post pictures I am sure. Still sad that dd can’t come visit us but it is what it is.

Hope everyone stays happy and healthy as we all near our due dates!

26. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

I am on a contract position, so I just scheduled it to end at the end of a month, which works out to 39+1. It's part time though, which helps.

I'll start back up in January of next year, which is a nice long leave, but of course unpaid.

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Becky: thanks! Nst went great today, baby does NOT like the monitors, but it made her move a ton! Made me feel better for sure

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@BUNBUN: yes, probably a good sign she wasn’t too concerned, but she was definitely more concerned than she has been in the past. I do feel better after the nst today, and I’ll go back again Monday for another nst and fluid check. Induction is set for the 28th!

29. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@skiierchck99: Monday! That’s so exciting! My SIL just had her second via planned caesarean and she said the difference between this time and last time, when it was an emergency, was huge. She said it was just so calm and they moved more slowly and were able to talk through the whole process with her (she has a bicornate uterus so the doctor took some time to explore it). I also have a friend who had her second c section in January and said the same about it just being so much calmer this time, and she felt so much better knowing what to expect going into it.

We’re going to have our master bathroom renovated in June. It was supposed to be done in August but is getting moved up (our shower literally leaks into the living room 😭). Now I’m like “Okay, maybe I’m ok with this baby staying in until his due date” because I want that to be all finished before he comes!

30. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@skiierchck99: OMG, our board's first baby! Good luck on Monday! I hope you enjoy your weekend!

31. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@BUNBUN: thanks! Other than the covid nose swab tomorrow haha.

@Becky: we have a shower/bathroom that needs to be addressed and was put off because of this situation...well it’s getting dire now but I’m nervous about having work done on it with a newborn and us all home. Would be ideal to wait until we can go back to daycare/work so at least we could be out of the house during renovation; we just lived through scraping/carpentry/painting on the exterior and that was bad enough!

32. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@LAZB: glad the nst went well! I’ve had two and have been worried because failing on my first one is what caused them to induce labor, but both went well.

33. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skiierchck99: wow! That’s so close. So exciting!!! Will be wishing you the absolutely best.

34. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Becky: I will be working right up until my due date. Due to life events, I’ll only get about 6 weeks of maternity leave before I start a new job. It’s my fault because I could delay starting a new job as I transition into retirement in the Army but this provides my family needed financial stability (I’m the breadwinner) and DH is wanting to be the caregiver for our little girl at least to start so it helps make it a bit easier in my mind. It’s one reason I Truly hope she comes a bit earlier ( like I’ve dreamt a few times) so I get more time with her.

35. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@skiierchck99: It’s actually a family member doing it so we feel more comfortable. He hasn’t been working much either. I also somehow feel better knowing all the windows can be open whether or not that really helps. I already talked to my parents and my girls and I will spend a few nights there too.

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just a few updates from me...

I finished the nursery, including the handmade mobile which I never thought was going to come to fruition. First my felt ball order was cancelled due to Covid, and then my back up order from Germany 🇩🇪 wasn’t shipping due to Covid restrictions. They eventually snuck them in the mail for me. I also got the height sign from PBK that I had to reorder when the first one arrived with tissue paper fused into the paint on all the edges. So nursery, done. Phew.

As for baby, ultrasound last week at 35 w shows a 7lbs9oz baby in there who was head down and a low lying placenta which may or may not buy me a csection. Today I had an in-person visit with the OB (been doing telehealth for the last 6 weeks) but had to get my GBS test done. I forgot they swap your butt 💩 too! 🤦‍♀️

We talked about a few scenarios for delivery and I have a follow up ultrasound scheduled for June 8 to take another look at the placenta. Hopefully it’ll be far enough away from my cervix that they will let me schedule an induction sometime during week 39. If not we will schedule a csection right at 39 weeks. The other big thing is that this little guy needs to stay under 5000g (~11lbs) if I want to labor. Bigger than that he risks getting stuck, shoulder distocia and other scary stuff, so then it’s a csection.

It’s crazy and exciting to be this far along 35w4d since I only made it to 32w3d with DD. I’m starting to believe I might actually do things the traditional way this time. 🤞

Any other updates ladies? Can I see some nursery porn?

37. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

I made it to third tri! Took the GD test Friday and haven’t heard back yet, I assume no news is good news? My partial placenta previa got upgraded to low-lying placenta so I’m back for another ultrasound in a month. Making progress on a name, we’re down to top 10. I did my nursery a few weeks ago! I love sitting in there.

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@skiierchck99: thanks! I had another yesterday and it took her until the tail end to respond at all, but she finally did, so hopefully she’s just being lazy? Definitely still worried, but feel a little better.
    The other development is that she flipped completely footling breech so I’ll try everything I can to get her to flip, I’d really love to avoid a csection.
    Also, just realized that I’m late to reply and you had your baby yesterday, congratulations!!

39. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@yellowbeach: @MountainBaby: These are gorgeous nurseries!!
    We decided to delay turning our guest room into a full nursery as she won't be up there for at least 6 months (our master bedroom is on the first floor). Trying to figure out if we are leaving the queen bed in the "main" location, or if we will push it into a corner down the road. Right now, it's our only guest room, so *if* my parents (living in NY) can come and visit in August, they will need it. The crib is set up along with a changing pad on the dresser, but I haven't hung anything on the walls

AFM, I'm at 37w 5d. Baby girl dropped this weekend and I'm in full waddle! Lots of pressure and enough braxton hicks action Sunday night that DH and I finished packing our hospital bags.
    I see the OB for a cervical check Wednesday and the MFM for my final ultrasound to check on DD's dilated renal pelvis on Thursday.

I think even DS is getting impatient! This weekend he asked me when the baby is coming and when I return from my OB appointments, he asks "did you have the baby?"

I still haven't done our taxes, I've got to get on that!

40. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

I love seeing the baby rooms! I'll share mine after my sprinkle in 2 weeks. We're crossing our fingers that the weather will be good, and doing a "drive/stop by baby sprinkle" (my mom is hosting at my house). We're setting up a table in the driveway with cupcakes, cups of veggies with dip, cups of fruit salad, water bottles, and seltzer so people aren't sharing serving utensils. We'll also set up a few chairs that are 6+ feet apart, and in the invite language my mom is asking people to wear masks. We have a big yard and lots of road space in front of our driveway so the setups is ideal (plus a lot of people are in walking distance).

@LAZB I hope she flips! Will you do an ECV?

@skiierchck99 How's the baby?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee