Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2020 Mamas

1. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Wow wow wow!! Disappear for a little while and there are babies everywhere!! Congratulations everyone!! This is the happy news I definitely needed. And more excitement on Tuesday!

Over here I’m just hanging out, growing increasingly uncomfortable, and trying to keep my mental health in a good place. I’ve finally actually gotten some things physically ready which feels good, and only 2 weeks of distance teaching to go! I’m hoping little dude remains in place until my parents are able to get here (they are embarking on an almost comical cross-country corona-avoidant drive and I am so grateful). Also, I’d rather him not be born before we have a name 😬

2. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

So the glucose blood sugar has resolved. Which is awesome!!!!!

And then she tested high for jaundice and is getting treated. And that requires fluids (standard) so they will then after finishing the jaundice treatment - retest her glucose just to ensure it’s still good. I know these are standard premie issues but I have to say I shed a tear or ten today.

The good news is the NCIU has boarding rooms so I’ll be in one to allow me continued 24 access to V until she is discharged. Thank goodness. There has been success - she got some breast milk from me today before they paused breastfeeding so now I’m getting some while pumping and will know she’s getting breast milk from mom.

I hope all the new babies are doing great and it’s so exciting to hear updates from others. Thanks for the support - I needed this support this week .. it’s been a rollercoaster. And she’s totally worth it.

3. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MrsJBeeG: totally get the tears and am glad you can stay! Hoping it is resolved soon ❤

4. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Oh my goodness, so much good news! Congrats to all! Looking like induction for me tomorrow

5. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

Just had my baby sprinkle and it was so nice. It was all outside, and people were invited to come by over a 2 hour period of time. It was the first time 3 of the kids had been around any non-siblings since quarantine (there were 3 more kids: my 2 and my niece, but they have seen each other a few times). This was seriously the best part. One of the little girls told her mom after “Thank you for such a nice surprise.” None of us would have been comfortable with everyone being around each other inside so I’m so grateful the weather was nice. My MIL and I also agreed that it was the best shower we had been to—no games, I didn’t open gifts, super simple food, and everyone just grateful to be together.

6. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@BUNBUN: Good luck!!!

7. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

So much baby news in just a few days! Congratulations everyone and good luck @BUNBUN!

I can't believe it's June!

8. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Welcome Isla Veronica! 7lb 10oz, 20 inches. 7am pictocon, 1:22pm delivery. We are both doing great. I wish she would eat now, but she did eat a ton overnight. DH went home to put our toddler to bed and sleep at home, and the nurses were awesome taking her for two 2-3 hour stints so that I could sleep. Kidney ultrasound should happen soon. Hoping to go home tonight.

9. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@BUNBUN: congratulations!!! She’s beautiful. I love those cheeks.

10. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@BUNBUN: Congratulations! She’s beautiful. I hope the scan goes well!

11. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@BUNBUN: congrats mama! Glad you are all doing well.

12. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@ BUNBUN Congratulations! She’s beautiful!

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BUNBUN: Congrats!

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@BUNBUN: Congrats!!!

I’m here in L&D with induction started. Hoping for some dilation on next check so we can start pitocin.

15. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Say hi to London Oliviera Murphy! Born June 1st, 7lb 3oz, 18.5 inches tall.

My entire labor and delivery was only 3 hrs and 45 mins! My water broke in bed at 11pm, we headed to the hospital and I had her in my arms at 2:47am after 12 mins of pushing!

16. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@yellowbeach How exciting!! Keep us posted when you can!

17. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Aaaand while I was typing, another baby!! Congratulations @misslace! What great photos!

18. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MissLace: Congratulations on a beautiful baby and speedy due date delivery!

19. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@yellowbeach: Good luck! I was SO itchy earlier today and frantically googled ICP symptoms. I think it was probably just spring allergies because it seems better now!

20. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

Ah!!! The first baby rush! Congrats @skiierchck99 @MrsJBeeG @LAZB @BUNBUN and @MissLace!!!!

Hope your induction is going well @yellowbeach!

Looks like we'll have a gap before the next round after all you folks went early

Definitely at that fun phase where I really don't want to be pregnant anymore with the crazy heat and terrible Braxton Hicks that never go away. But also telling the baby to just stay in for a few more weeks for development!

I know this board has lots of experienced moms, have your Braxton Hicks gotten worse with each pregnancy? Or am I just lucky?

21. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

@Becky: That sounds like the best baby shower/sprinkle scenario! MY SIL had a small one that wasn't too bad, but it was indoors which wasn't great. Our Covid numbers are still super low, so we can do gatherings, but still. Sounds like yours was perfect!

22. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@yellowbeach: hope things are progressing smoothly for you!

23. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@MissLace: your photos are gorgeous!!!!! And London is so beautiful. Congrats!

24. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

As for me - we are out of the NICU tonight and we expect to be released tomorrow after a night in a mommy-baby room. It was so nice to leave the NICU with Baby V!!!

25. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

Silly question: did you set up things like your swing and bouncy chair ahead of time? Ours are both in our basement and I can’t decide when to bring them up! They take up so much space so I’m kind of stalling.

26. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MrsJBeeG: That’s great news!

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Still no baby yet... had an episode of hemorrhage around 7pm last night but stopped on it’s own. Baby surprised us and flipped to transverse mid-labor. Was given option if csection right then vs an external version with 50/50 likelihood of need for stat csection... we opted for the version and it worked! Waiting to get checked again around 9am but at 3 am I was 5cm with water broken. Hoping for progress this next check.

28. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@MrsJBEeeG Great news!!

@yellowbeach Such an eventful labor so far! Hang in there!!

@becky Admittedly our preparation so far is very minimal, but we’re definitely leaving all that stuff in the basement for now. We’ll probably bring out the swing as the due date gets really close, knowing it’s fine if we need to do it after he’s home.

29. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@BUNBUN: Congratulations!
    @MissLace: Congratulations!
    @yellowbeach: hope things are going smoothly!
    @Becky: I washed the cover for the bouncer, but didn't set it up until we came home because I know my kids and cat would play with it if it was out early

30. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@LAZB: My concern was the kids too! I’ll leave it down there until we come home.

31. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@Becky: I set up the swing yesterday. I did it because a friend is lending me hers and I wanted to let her know if all the pieces were there, but I regret it. My daughter has been good about only using it for her dolls and not climbing in, but it takes up so much room! And I still have 2 months to go. Maybe I'll take it back down again

32. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@BUNBUN: congratulations!

@MissLace: congratulations!

You summer '20 ladies make some cute babies ❤❤

33. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@yellowbeach: hoping everything is going /went smoothly!

34. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@ MoonMoon:
    9cm complete -1!

35. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@yellowbeach: wooo! Come on baby !

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Oliver arrived at 1:30am June 4. I was exhausted after 40+ hours from start to finish but he’s so worth it!

37. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Oliver Bennett arrived at 1:30am June 4, 8 lb 8 oz. it took 40+ hours from start to finish of the induction, so I’m exhausted but so fulfilled.

38. JCCovi

kiwi / 705 posts

@yellowbeach: So perfect! Congratulations!

39. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@yellowbeach: yay so precious! Congratulations! 40 hrs is no joke.

40. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh he’s so adorable! I hope you are able to rest up!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee