Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 June Bug Labor & Deliveries 2015 <3

1. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@glitterboots: Woah!! Big girl! Congrats!! She's beautiful!

2. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@glitterboots: 10lbs! she has such a darling face

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@DenverMom: Congratulations! She is beautiful!

4. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@glitterboots: Wow! 10 lbs 12oz! Congratulations mama! Glad she's finally here!

5. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

Agh lack of sleep got to me. She was 8 lbs 12 oz. She's nursing like a champ and I nursed almost hourly from 11 am Tuesday until 11 am Wednesday morning!

6. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@hocuspocus: she is so sweet! I just had to comment because her full name is my full name

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@glitterboots: Haha, 8 lbs, 10 lbs... Close enough! Congrats mama!!

8. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

In the words of Ron Burgundy, "Boy, that escalated quickly." Baby boy arrived last night. 7lbs 5oz.

I woke up at 3am yesterday with a headache, backache and feeling off. I managed to get back to sleep but I had a feeling those were signs that labor was coming soon. My parents were due to arrive for Friday but I told them I was getting nervous and asked them to come by daycare pickup time for LO1 just in case I was in the midst of hard labor. Then I laid around all day (except for a junk food shopping spree at 10am).

DH had a big presentation at 11am and then a meeting with his CTO at 3. He would have ditched either for me but nothing was happening except some mild back pain so we were just texting back and forth.

At 2:30ish I decided to pull out the ol contraction timer app just to get familiar with it. Contractions were 14 minutes apart. I checked every once in a while and they were getting closer but there was almost no pain. At 3:30pm I timed some contractions that were 5-6 minutes apart but still no pain so I was kind of unsure if I was imagining it all. At that point I texted DH to come home. My parents arrived at 4, we went over care instructions for LO1. DH seemed thoroughly unimpressed with my progress when he got home at 4:30. He said something about being disappointed to come home to a princess chilling on a lily pad. I think it was at that point I googled "my labor doesn't hurt.". Ha - was I asking for it or what?

At that point my parents left to pick LO up from daycare and everything got real. Contractions started to feel really painful and sped up to every 2-3 minutes. We left for the hospital right when LO was getting home which upset her but I didn't have time to comfort her. The 22 minute ride in commute traffic (and past a high school graduation) was excruciating. By the time we got to the hospital I was a mess and had no idea where one contraction ended and another began. DH parked god knows where and took me on the longest wheelchair ride ever. I screamed and moaned throughout the hospital. The maternity ward let me right into triage at 6:11 and the midwife announced I "was there." I wasn't sure what she meant exactly but I figured DH would catch me up once I was admitted.

They wheeled me into my delivery room and told me to go ahead and push. I was really surprised. I didn't feel ready for it at all like I did with LO1. I signed admitting forms between pushes. This time I got to deliver on hands and knees like I desperately wanted to last time but couldn't. I think I pushed for 3 or 4 contractions. It was good he came with the last push because I had been pushing my way up over the back of the bed with each push. I was about to fall off the bed or bust through the wall into the next room. Pushing took maybe 10 minutes? He was born at 6:54 (I think). Once he was born I turned around and met the team of people that had been coaching my backside through labor. That was kind of funny. As was trying to climb over baby and get situated for skin to skin.

Overall delivery was smooth. I'm really not clear on what happened to my water breaking. I forgot to ask. The cord was wrapped around his neck but things went so quickly it wasn't an issue. I had minimal tearing. I feel so much better than after my 51 hour labor with LO1 in every way. Except the loving them equally part.

I think we've picked a name but we haven't told my parents yet. First thing in the morning.

9. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@Corduroy: WOW! Congratulations!!!

10. merriment

cherry / 222 posts

I've been super inactive on the June boards, but Andrew Miles arrived yesterday (on his due date!). Best wishes to everyone!

11. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Corduroy: @merriment: congratulations, ladies!

12. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@merriment: Congratulations birth date twin!

13. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Corduroy: wow, that sounds like a great birth experience! Glad you are feeling well!

@merriment: congratulations!

14. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Corduroy: congrats! The drive is always the worst. I still hate a light at Michigan Avenue because both times I got the worst contraction there.

15. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@merriment: congrats! Andrew's a great name. It was a top contender for us, but my SIL's sister named her son that.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Corduroy: Wow, what a story! Congrats!!

17. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

So I'm super late but I've been a little busy....with my beautiful baby girl, born on 5/31/15! I'll come back and post the labor story when I get a chance, but the short version is 2 days of false labor -> woke up to contractions 2 min apart -> pushed for 3 hrs at the hospital -> baby stuck in pelvis, had to have an unplanned C-section. Baby Caelyn and I are doing well, although recovery from a c-section is no fun. Will update and add a pic later.

18. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Corduroy: What a story! Congrats!

19. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Corduroy: Holy Smokes!!!! Congratulations!

@badwolf: Congratulations! I love her name! I hope you're able to get some rest, and although not fun, a smooth recovery.

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Less than 15 mamas left, and it's only the 12th of June!

JUNE BUG DELIVERIES
    Babymats:
    May 24: @dc yoga bee Maya Joann
    May 25: @cascademom James Francis
    May 28: @mrs.kmm Elizabeth "Ellie" Grace
    May 29: @78h20 Holly Louise
    May 31: @Badwolf Caelyn
    June 2: @Eko William Paul
    June 2: @Meltini
    June 3: @andthewildones Nathanael Joseph
    June 4 or 5? : @hocuspocus Ellie Rose
    June 4: @MrsBrewer Jana Abigail
    June 4: @DenverMom Clara Elizabeth
    June 9: @GlitterBoots Mia Joelle
    June 11: @Corduroy

JUNE MAMA DUE DATES
    June 7: @mamatoboth: (#2)
    June 10: @MamaB (#1 )
    June 11: @merriment (#2 ), @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee: (#1), @MUI831: (#2)
    June 14: @Ash (#2 )
    June 15: @extrasprinkles (#1 )
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2 )
    June 23: @rpparker (#1 ), @just_ju: (#1 )
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1 )
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1 )

21. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@DenverMom: She is absolutely beautiful!!!!

@glitterboots: Mia Joelle! I love it!! And it's super cool, because my DD is Maya Joann! I told DH if we had a second I would want to name her Mia. Maya & Mia! He said it's too close, and people have already mistaken her for Mia!

22. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@Corduroy: that is awesoooome!

23. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

Ok, I'm going to try to get the whole story out while little one is napping. I had my 39 week check on 5/28 and was 3 cm dilated at that time. I had a feeling that the baby was going to arrive that weekend, even though I had nothing to base that on but my gut. The day after my last check, my bloody show started (Friday). That went on for about 24 hours and brought with it day 1 of false labor. I had mild to moderate contractions all day and all night, ranging from 4 minutes between to 10+ minutes between, and sometimes stopping for a couple hours before starting again. I was pretty miserable because I couldn't sleep and they weren't getting any more consistent, so I knew it wasn't the real deal yet. False labor continued the next day, all day just like before. I went to bed around 1am, feeling frustrated that nothing was happening and praying that I could get a break from the false labor just so I could sleep.

I woke up around 3:30am with a horrendous cramp in my stomach, bad enough to send me hurtling out of bed with some choice words. A couple minutes later another one hit, and I suddenly realized this was labor. I started timing contractions and found they were only 2-3 min apart. I waited about 45 minutes to make sure they weren't going to fade out before waking my husband up and calling the after hours nurse line to let them know we were on our way. My husband drove like a bat out of hell and made the 45 minute drive in about 30 min (thank God for empty streets at 4am). We had to get buzzed into the hospital because the lobby doors are locked after a certain hour and the valet service doesn't run all night, so my hubby had to leave my car sitting there unlocked while he rushed me up to labor and delivery, then rushed back down to park and come back in.

I got checked in around 4:45am and was shocked to find I was only 4 cm dilated. With the speed of the contractions, I thought I must be a lot closer to transition. They didn't have to ask twice if I wanted an epidural, since the contractions never got more than 2-3 min apart and I couldn't catch my breath or relax my muscles in between. The epi was hard to get - I had to sit through at least two contractions without moving and they made my husband stand across the room where he couldn't help - but once it kicked in, it was wonderful. We were both able to take a nap while waiting for me to dilate. A couple hours later, the on-call OB checked me and suggested pitocin, since I had only progressed a small amount in a few hours. I asked to wait a little longer, because pit has always scared me and I didn't want to trigger the whole cascade of interventions thing....which ended up being moot. The OB was very nice and understanding and let me wait it out a couple more hours before suggesting it again, since I hadn't progressed at all. They put me on a very low drip, which was all I needed to go from 6cm to 10 in just a few hours. Around 1pm, the doctor said I could start pushing and had the nurse do some practice pushes with me. He said I would likely be pushing for 1-2 hours as a first timer and having an epi, and that if it went longer than 2 hours we would talk about other options.

So I started pushing....and pushed, and pushed, and pushed. At the 2 hour mark, pushing every 2-3 minutes nonstop, the doctor checked me and asked if I wanted to consider a forceps assisted delivery. I did not want forceps anywhere near me so I said I wanted to try a little longer. After another half hour, I was so exhausted that I told the nurse I wanted to talk to the doctor again because I didn't know how much longer I could keep it up. In between all this, it took two nurses and one doctor to get me catheterized, which was painful, and I could feel my lady parts swelling to the point of throbbing, even with the epi. I don't think the nurse believed me until the doc came in and the first thing he said was "Oh you poor thing, you are so swollen." At that point, at 3 hours of pushing, he very kindly told me that forceps were not a good option at that point and that the baby appeared to be stuck behind my pubic bone. She hadn't moved at all after 3 hours of pushing, and he felt that the only way she was coming out was via c-section. I cried, my husband cried, the doctor almost cried, but in the end it was the only option.

The c-section itself was tricky because of where Caelyn was positioned, and I reacted badly to the stronger epidural - shaking uncontrollably, throwing up, etc - but baby girl never went into any kind of distress. My poor husband was amazing, an absolute rock of support for me, even though it was incredibly hard for him to watch. When they finally got her out, Caelyn was 8 lb 8 oz - a full pound bigger than they expected her to be! I could hardly keep my eyes open from all the drugs in my body to see her, but once we got into the recovery room around 7pm, I woke up enough to see and hold her for a little while. They gave me Dilaudid for pain the first night and apparently I said some ridiculous things (they made sense in my head at the time), and from then on it was just recovering, learning to breastfeed, and fielding visits from family. We came home after 4 days in the hospital and are slowly developing something of a routine. And to wrap up my novel, here is a pic of my little peanut.

24. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Corduroy: @badwolf: @merriment: Congrats ladies! I love how we've had so many June babies already!

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@badwolf: I was shaking uncontrollably during my c-section too and I threw up in the OR while they were prepping the sterile field!

26. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@badwolf: Oh my goodness. I'm so glad lo is here now! She is an absolute doll!

@Mrs.KMM: Yikes! I was worried about throwing up during labor when they cut me off the zofran I'd been taking for 30 weeks!

27. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Amelia "Millie" Caroline was born fast and furiously last night. Contractions began around 2:00pm. They quickly progressed from 7:00 minutes a part lasting 30 seconds to 3:00 minutes a part to 2:00 minutes apart lasting 1.5 minutes by 5:00. We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 to find that I was already 8 cm dilated, 100% effaced and +1/2 station. I was already in transition!! At 7:15 the midwife asked me to try and pee and as soon as I sat on the toilet my body started pushing. I pushed for an hour and 45 minutes and Millie came at 8:45 pm with her hand by her face weighing 9lbs, 8.5 oz. I had some tearing because of her position, and getting sown up was awful.

Millie was having to put a ton of effort into breathing, so they took her for observation. They decided to admit her to te special care nursery at 3:00 and start her on a 48 hour course of antibiotics because they were nervous that I only got 1 round of antibiotics for GBS and her numbers had increased. They did a chest X-ray which showed what they call "wet/heavy lung" which isn't a huge deal. They expect the cultures to come back normal. I'm hoping we breathing will slow enough tonight, so that I can start nursing her. I've been pumping and they've been giving her colostrum via syringe.

28. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@MamaB: congrats!! She is beautiful!!

29. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MamaB: oh my goodness!! So excited for y'all! That picture is beautiful!

30. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MamaB: that picture is precious! She's an absolute doll. Congrats

31. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MamaB: congratulations!!!! Wow, what a fast labor indeed! My first was born with her hand on her head as well! As if it isn't hard enough to birth a head on its own, lol! You have my sympathy!

32. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MamaB: Congrats! Such a cutie! Hope all their testing comes back perfect.

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@merriment: Comgratulations!!

@MamaB: Comgratulations! I love her name, and she is beautiful!

34. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

JUNE BUG DELIVERIES
    Babymats:
    May 24: @dc yoga bee Maya Joann
    May 25: @cascademom James Francis
    May 28: @mrs.kmm Elizabeth "Ellie" Grace
    May 29: @78h20 Holly Louise
    May 31: @Badwolf Caelyn
    June 2: @Eko William Paul
    June 2: @Meltini
    June 3: @andthewildones Nathanael Joseph
    June 4 or 5? : @hocuspocus Ellie Rose
    June 4: @MrsBrewer Jana Abigail
    June 4: @DenverMom Clara Elizabeth
    June 9: @GlitterBoots Mia Joelle
    June 11: @Corduroy
    June 11: @Merrimemt Andrew Miles
    June 13: @MamaB Amelia "Millie" Caroline

JUNE MAMA DUE DATES
    June 7: @mamatoboth: (#2)
    June 11: @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee: (#1), @MUI831: (#2)
    June 14: @Ash (#2 )
    June 15: @extrasprinkles (#1 )
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2 )
    June 23: @rpparker (#1 ), @just_ju: (#1 )
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1 )
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1 )

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@badwolf: @MamaB: Congrats!!!!

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I am still waiting to get all of Holly's newborn photos back, but here's the one I have so far.

@Ree723: @Lbee: thanks for your sweet comments.

37. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Is everyone else getting newborn photos? Or are you taking your own? I'd love to see them! Maybe we should make a postpartum thread?

38. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@78h2o: adorable! this! We did newborn photos but i only have the proofs right now.

Eta: just found one of ours

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: OMG love!! I convinced DH to splurge for them so I'm excited to get them done.

40. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@BabyMats: so beautiful!!!!

@LindsayInNY: yay! Can't wait to see them!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee