Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013: Mamas & Babies!

1. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: eyeball clawing is scary!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@aprk: Tell me about it! He has dry skin on his forehead and around his eyes and I suspect it's itchy, because he's always scratching at it! Poor guy has all sorts of issues.

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@shopaholic: @ALV91711: @aprk: @Adira: Thanks ladies! It is pretty crazy. It looks even worse this morning. DH got on a 6am flight so he should be landing about now. So he can deal with getting the tree removed and insurance. I think the tree was on our property. I am just glad that it didn't go through the house. And we still had power last night. I feel bad for every one that doesn't. I am annoyed we have to pay for the change fee for Delta, I think his work should. $250 isn't cheap. But I don't want the tree sitting on the roof all weekend.

I don't normally go the basement or get scared with storms. But when it started raining and I heard something fall on the roof, Reagan and I booked it downstairs. She was totally fine, just looking around being sweet. I kept saying it is ok, we will be fine, more to calm myself.

The 2nd picture I am standing in the middle of the street

4. Smurfette

@shopaholic: So glad that K has been napping better. R napped for 2 hour sessions with me holding her yesterday morning while waiting on the AC guy. Then I dropped her off at day care at 12:45, and she slept 45 mins total till I picked her up at 530. Crazy!!

@Adira: Men! I think DH wipes every time cause I have stressed to him, there are too many folds for a girl for an infection to start.

@aprk: Do you think it just scared him being wet? Did he good otherwise not swaddled?

5. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: that's quite the tree!!! I think it was just the wet, which means he must have peed a river since he was double stuffed! He slept 4 hours; ate; 3:15; ate then 2:45. A weird schedule for him, but not so bad, I think!

6. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@smurfette: Whoa that's quite the tree! You really have had quite the week! Scary! Glad you guys are okay and you roof didn't get damaged.

@adira: I also don't always wipe Pete when there is only pee in his diaper (hangs head in shame). I probably should but, when he just a tiny newborn, the wipes were irritating his bum and actually causing the diaper rash. We switched to cloth wipes and warm water, but we are now back to using disposable wipes and I am in the habit of using them minimally. His tush and legs never seem wet or else I definitely would!

Xander must look so cute in his mittens at night!

@shopaholic: Three cheers for K's great naps! I saw on IG that you've begun the packing process for your trip... you look so organized!

@aprk: Sounds like a rough night for Andy and you! Does he seem to be feeling better this morning? I know how you feel about avoiding the inevitable chores this morning. I cooked a big dinner for my dad's birthday last night and we don't have a dishwasher, so I have approximately 5,000 dishes waiting for me in the kitchen this morning. I just keep ignoring the pile, magically wishing it away!

Pete's sleep has been "meh" this week. Last night he woke up at 2am to nurse and, although he fell asleep in my arms quite easily, he woke up and cried each time I tried to put him back in his crib. Finally, around 4am I placed him down in his little bassinet and he slept in it. Of course, he's a bit too big for the bassinet now (which rocks back and forth), so his bodyweight caused the bassinet to tilt to one side and he rolled in that direction until his face was almost against the side of it. It made me nervous to see his face so close to the fabric, but it was the only way he would sleep and I had the Snuzza attached to his diaper so I figured I would hear the alert if anything happened. I'm really hoping it was just a one night thing and he can be back in his stable, safe crib tonight!

Our music class was canceled this morning so we're having a pretty quiet and low key day.

Does anyone have fun gifts/activities planned for Father's Day?

7. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@QueensBee: oh yeah he is just fine. I think it was the wetness. Hope those dishes disappear for you

8. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@aprk: was he soaking wet from pee or sweat? Crazy! Hopefully tonight will be smooth sailing!

@Smurfette: omg!!! That's a crazy tree! I can't believe DHs work won't cover the change fee! It should easily be expensed! Glad R took a nice nap for you too!

@Adira: the one thing DH and I are both not stingy about are wipes! We wipe for every diaper change and I'm always really careful about the folds like @Smurfette: said. BFFs daughter got a very bad UTI once and the only way I could think of it happening had to do with wiping it sitting in a dirty diaper too long? I think it's a lot less worrisome with boys though.

@QueensBee: thank you! I have to keep editing because I'm worried how just the 2 of us will manage luggage, stroller, car seat, diaper bag, etc AND baby, and transportation to and from airport and hotel! It looks like we have to take a bus from the airport into Venice, then water taxi or walk to the hotel! Apparently cars can't drive into the main area. Oh my goodness! The tilting bassinet is a worrisome image! Is there something you can put to make it stable? Thank god for the Snuza! We use the AC but I'm so thankful for this kind if modern technology!

What's everyone doing for Fathers Day? I feel bad I don't have anything extraordinary for DH. Got a card and a couple of ideas going to try and work on today, but not sure if K will cooperate. We're going to ILs for lunch on Sunday and DH doesn't want to go out for dinner. Maybe I'll cook! Got him a Hawaiian shirt so that can be Ks tradition gift to give every year.

9. Smurfette

@shopaholic: This client is being super tight about expenses. So he is going to try and put it in but he doesn't think it will fly. Clients in the past usually pay it. This client wants to see receipts for meals, verses a per diem, like most do. And won't be for liquor.

I feel so bad for the neighbors that are trapped by that monster tree. Hopefully the power company is getting out there to fix the power too.

We are going to my parent's for Father's Day. Spend the day with all the family in town. Reagan and I each got DH a gift. I stamped her foot on her card.

10. Adira

@Smurfette: Holy smokes!!! That tree is ON YOUR HOUSE!!! Yikes!!! I'm glad your husband is able to come home and take care of it, though that sucks you guys have to foot that $250 change fee! LAME!

I suspect it's probably more important to be careful with cleaning girls than boys, since there are so many crevices with girls for things to get into it! Hopefully if our next is a girl, Hubs will be more diligent!

@QueensBee: Okay, now that multiple people have told me that don't go over board with the wiping when it's just pee, I feel better about the fact that Hubs hasn't been doing it! I wonder if our wipes are bothering him... I don't think I can switch to cloth though - I don't think daycare will do that. Ugh.

Sorry to hear Pete had trouble sleeping last night! Hopefully it was a fluke and tonight will be better!!
    ---
    We have no real Father's Day plans. Tomorrow, my parents are coming over to babysit so that Hubs and I (and my brother) can go to the movies. Then we're all going out to dinner. And on Sunday I have a Bridal Shower... Although Hubs will get to spend some quality time with Xander all by himself! ALSO, I'm planning on having sex with him - that's a gift, right??

11. Smurfette

@Adira: Crazy right! Luckily the limbs are directly on the house more then heavy tree trunk/bark. The 2nd picture is the tree in the street that brought down the power lines.

And yes, sex is a gift Have fun at the movies. That sounds fabulous!

12. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Adira: totally! That's basically the gift DH wants for any occasion!

13. Adira

@shopaholic: haha, that's how Hubs is too. I often don't even bother asking him what he wants because his answer is always sex!

14. Adira

Xander was mean to me. I was changing his diaper, and since he has a diaper rash, I've been trying to be really thorough with cleaning him. So I wipe him up, then I use a warm wet wash cloth to clean him, then I let him hang out naked for a bit to air dry, then I applied a ton of diaper cream, and then put the new diaper on. Well, as soon as I finished putting the new diaper on, he decides that would be the perfect time to poo!! And thus I had to start all over!

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: at least he waited until the diaper was on. But doing two changes at once does suck.

We won't even see DH for fathers day. I'm sad about this. We don't see him until the 25. I got him a picture frame that says daddy & me with their names. I ordered it online and it is t here yet.

Went today and botht some more different bottles to try. I'm hoping he will take one in the next couple days.

16. Adira

@ALV91711: True! I guess it could've been worse!

Awww, bummer that your husband is going to miss out on Father's Day. That gift sounds sweet though! Good luck with the bottles - I hope you have some luck with the new ones.

17. Adira

We have a changing pad setup in our bathroom - it's on the washing machine, and we have Xander's clothes hanging up right there for convenience. This is what he's usually doing during a diaper change.

18. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: what a stinker! We have one diaper that Andy always pees or poops in immediately after I snap it on. He must not like the pattern, haha

@ALV91711: good luck with the bottles!

19. Adira

@aprk: hahaha, that's too funny! He's like "Oh, it's that diaper I don't like - time to take a dump!" Babies are silly.

20. Smurfette

@Adira: R does that too! Day care said they just changed her poopy diaper and in the middle of eating she went again, not even 10 mins later. I told her good job in the car, save the poop for someone besides Mommy!!

21. Adira

@Smurfette: hahaha, seriously! I'd prefer he did all his pooping at daycare! I was actually really thankful the other day because he apparently had a massive blowout at daycare that they had to deal with! I can tell it must've been a mess because they changed his outfit and the outfit he had been wearing was COVERED. It was so gross! Luckily I could just throw it in the laundry, whereas daycare would've had to wipe him up! So glad he didn't make that mess at home, haha.

22. Smurfette

@Adira: nasty!!! I would be glad to miss that one too!

23. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: I prefer when A has a huge diaper at home, rather than out, because I just give him a bath! Those can get NASTY!

24. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

Worst night of sleep ever! A was up every half hour from 1 to 5, after only giving us a two hour and then a one hour chunk earlier in the night. What the heck??? He usually goes around 6 hours.

25. Smurfette

@aprk: I am sorry! We had that last Sat night. Wonder week or growth spurt?

26. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: I'm thinking the end of his wonder week, which he started a little early. My husband took over from 3-5 thank goodness. Although maybe growth spurt ... who the heck knows!

27. Adira

@aprk: Sorry to hear you had a rough night! How did last night go for you?

28. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: thankfully, much better! A six hour stretch, then 2:45.

29. Smurfette

@aprk: great!!!

It took way too long to get R to sleep last night, two hours. Then she woke up at 3, and then again at 420, but I think was cause her swaddle wasn't right and she got her hand out. But then she slept till 815. I really wish she would go back to sleeping through the night!

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day with their families. DH loved his gifts and the art R made at school. So cute! She is nursing after a nap so I can't wait to put on her Fathers Day onesie to surprise DH

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@aprk: glad last night was better. Getting a good sleep always feels good.

@Smurfette: Hope sleep goes better tonight.

We were up unti 11 last night and then up at 7:30, with two wake ups to eat and one time to just wake up. And after the first feeding it took half an hour to get him back to sleep.

Off for 3 month photos soon and waiting for DH to get off work so we can call him.

31. Adira

@aprk: That's awesome!!! Glad to hear it!

@Smurfette: That sounds like Xander last night. He was hard to get to sleep and then he woke up at 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 5:00, and then finally slept until 8:00. I'm hoping today is better since I have to work tomorrow!

Xander's daycare made a card and gift for Hubs for Father's Day! The card had Xander's hand print on it, although it was very smudged, haha. And then the gift was a rock that said #1 Dad. It's cute! It's so sweet that daycares do stuff like that!

32. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: thanks! I'm solo parenting all week so I hope he keeps it up

33. Adira

@aprk: Oh yikes! Solo parenting is rough! Hopefully A is good to you.

34. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: I'm trying not to worry too much ... I think I will be pretty darn tired by the end of the week I've already given myself permission to eat as much chocolate as I need, haha

35. Adira

@aprk: Yes! Chocolate helps everything! What day does your DH get back? Hopefully the week flies by for you and A sleeps through the night and is a perfect little angel.

I think Xander must've missed me when I was at a bridal shower today. As soon as I got home, he woke up and started crying and didn't stop until I started nursing him. He had recently eaten too, so I don't think he was actually hungry. I think he just wanted Mama.

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@aprk: I hope the week goes good for you and baby sleeps good at night so you can too.

37. Smurfette

@Adira: doesn't that feel good? It makes me happy when R is cries when someone else has her and she stops when I take her. Makes me know she likes me and I must be doing something right.

@aprk: good luck this week! DH is about 90% sure he will be home this week. I am so excited! And not just for the help but I just miss him when he is gone.

38. Adira

@Smurfette: Yes! I felt bad that he seemed so upset, but it definitely feels good to know that he loves me and finds me comforting.

39. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

@Adira: I think we have babies with similar sleep schedules. My LO was very restless last night waking up every often and it was rough. I just now put my DS to sleep 11:30 ish hoping he stays asleep till 4:30 am when its pumping time and DH can take care. I start working full-time tomorrow and a bit nervous how the day is going to go about. Hopefully I can stay awake until eve!!
    Its so sweet your LO got to make a card at daycare. I got a card from minted website and DH loved it (idea thanks to bee who posted on thread here).
    @Smurfette: @aprk: Hope your SOs are back home soon and your LOs are golden till then!!

40. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: that's sweet!

@ALV91711: thanks

@Smurfette: I hope he gets to stay home with his girls this week!

@silver1: thanks! Good luck with work tomorrow ... er, today

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee