Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013: Mamas & Babies!

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Sounds like a cute onesie.

@QueensBee: Sounds like a good trip. Glad the flying went well. We have a flight in two weeks and I'm a bit nervous.

@Adira: Glad you were able to get all that you needed for tomorrow!

I'm so excited, Isaac is getting professional photos this weekend for 3 months. I've waited on getting photos done as I wanted to get them done by the same person who did our wedding photos.

My cold is almost gone, another night or two of better sleep and I think I'll feel better. Last night Isaac ate around 8:30 and took until 10 to go to sleep even though he was tired. Then he got up about 1am and then 5am and up for the day at 8am.

Tonight he ate at 8:30 and was asleep at 9:15, so a lot better so for. Now I hope he stays asleep for a nice long stretch.

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: awesome!!

I might have just cursed when I heard over the monitor and then saw it was 12:20. This sucks. How did I use to do this every night??

3. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@QueensBee: That peek a boo game sounds soooo cute!

@Adira: Glad you were able to get all you needed for tomorrow!

@ALV91711: That is exciting about the photos - how neat to have them done by the same photographer!

I am a little frustrated - tonight DH brought up that he thinks his mom is getting a bit worn down from watching Liam during the day (she volunteered to watch him 4 days a week until the last week of June). I feel bad if it is too much for her but then he says that she thinks that he is gassy and that he seems kind of fussy which seems to contradict how he acts at home (I have basically been under the impression that he is a pretty "easy" baby) I guess he has not been napping well for her (20 min as opposed to the 1-2 hours he naps at home). I really want to help come up with ideas to help make it easier on her but at the same time I get a little annoyed when she comments about how maybe he's gassy because I eat beans... or that he is fussy because he needs to be held.

4. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@QueensBee: Wow! Sounds like you had a pretty good trip!
    @ALV91711: Can't wait to see your pics!
    @dojo: Sorry to hear about that. I can't stand those kinds of comments. I know it's pretty common for the grandparents to get burnt out. They just don't realize how exhausting watching a LO can be.

As for us, we had OOT visitors stay with us for a few days AND we had K's (early) 100 Day Party. To say she was over-stimulated and excited and that I am exhausted is an understatement. She was an absolute DREAM though for the whole party (almost 4 hours and over 100 guests). But between entertaining and dealing with a baby who suddenly REFUSES to be in any kind of sitting position these days, I'm beat. Posted her party outfit on the 6/9 OOTD thread.

5. Smurfette

@ALV91711: have fun with pictures! I wanted to do 3, 6, 9, and 12 month. I just never did it:( starting to research for 6 months.
    @dojo: I am sorry! At least it is only short lived. July will be here before you know it. I hate when other people makes comment like that about my baby. Have you tried gas drops? Maybe that would help her. He might be sleeping as good with her cause he is getting use to bring with her and not you. It can take awhile.
    @shopaholic: 100 people, wow!! I would be tired too!!

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Oooooh, that three-month photo shoot will be so much fun!! I want professional pictures! Also, how did Isaac sleep last night?

@Smurfette: Hopefully if R IS going through a growth spurt, she's almost done and you'll be able to get some sleep again soon!!

@dojo: Gahhh, that sucks about your MIL. I wonder why Liam would be so much more difficult for her than for you - she must be doing something funky! Do you normally breastfeed and she does the bottle? I wonder if she's not burping him well enough after - maybe that's what is bothering him! I hope you guys are able to figure it out and she stops making those kinds of comments!

@shopaholic: Ooooh, that's so cool about the party! Did you get some pictures??

So I was only able to pump 2.5oz this morning. In the past, I've pumped as much as 5oz, so I'm feeling discouraged. I guess I'm going to have to do some extra pumping tonight to try to make up for it. Blerg.

7. Smurfette

@Adira: I am sorry! Did he eat more this morning, could that be why?

8. Adira

@Smurfette: I didn't think he ate anymore, but maybe?? I also pumped immediately after feeding him and I usually do stuff in-between, so maybe that's the difference too? I don't know!

I don't know what happened, but when I went to pick up Xander from daycare yesterday, I suddenly realized how BIG he is!!! He looked HUGE to me! It could be because there's another baby there that's 4 months and she's tiny in comparison, haha. I wonder if Xander went through a growth spurt and I just didn't notice. I'm really curious to find out how much he weighs at his 4-month appointment!

9. Smurfette

@Adira: That could be why, if you pumped right after he ate. I ordered some supplements yesterday. I will let you know if I think they work when I get them. Should be tomorrow thanks to amazon prime.
    Or can you ask day care to hold off on the 4th bottle? Then you can just nurse when you pick him up. Even if you have to nurse there.

Maybe he did go through a growth spurt. There is one at 4 months, when is that for him? Reagan is the smallest and youngest in her class. I think there are a couple that are 3 weeks older, but they look so much bigger then her.

10. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, it's really frustrating whenever they give him the 4th bottle because I really don't think he needs it! Each bottle has 5 oz and I don't think he needs 20 oz while at daycare! It's just that they feed him every 3 hours, or earlier if they think he's hungry earlier. I don't think he's as hungry as they think and they just feed him, but he's a fatty and will just eat it, haha. I think I'm going to have Hubs start telling him that he last ate at 6:00 a.m. so that they don't start giving him bottles until 9:00. He actually eats at 5:00, but whenever he's home with us, he can go four hours after his 5:00 a.m. feed before he needs to eat again, so I don't think daycare needs to give him a bottle as early as they do!

Let's see... Xander's 15 weeks. He'll be four months in two weeks, so I'm not sure if he's hitting the 4-month growth spurt or not. He hasn't been getting up in the middle of the night to eat, so it's hard for me to tell.

11. Smurfette

Urg, day care just called. Reagan didn't eat her morning bottle, only .5 oz. They were going to give her another now. Which means that she wasted 3.5 ozs!!! They called about when to give her medicine since she was getting her 2nd bottle early. Good thing I sent 4 bottles today.

12. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh man, what a bummer!!! When Xander doesn't eat much of his first bottle, they save it and just try again a little later (or, at least, they did that one time...). What a bummer to have so much wasted!

Ugh, someone was in the Mother's Room before me and they ran over, so I didn't get to pump as long. Didn't get as much out as normal either. This sucks.

13. Smurfette

@Adira: The bottle is only good for an hour. So I am going to assume they tried for the hour and then dumped it. Then tried with the 2nd one when she was starting to act hungry again.

Why can't you go over if someone else did?

14. Adira

@Smurfette: Ahh, yeah, that makes sense. I guess she wasn't hungry yet?

I don't want to mess up anyone that is after me by running over my time-slot. Also, I really can't afford to be away from my desk that long, so it sucked because I spent 5 minutes just waiting for her to leave. Though, in the future, I'm going to check the calendar before I go down there so I know if there's anyone immediately before or after me. This way, if someone's before me, but not after, I know I can stay a little later. Or if someone's after me, but not before, I'll go down a little earlier.

15. Smurfette

@Adira: That stinks. I hate that it is so hard for you to pump at work. Smart idea to check the calendar.

16. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@shopaholic: Wow sounds like a fun party - that is great that she was so good for you! I think you're right about grandparents maybe just fogetting how much work a LO at this age is.

@Smurfette: maybe we can give gas drops a try - she was suggesting gripe water too. What type of supplements did you order? I am thinking about whether I should look into something to help up my supply - so far I just have some tea that I drink occasionally. Oh no - about the wasted milk but good to know that you have extra.

@Adira: I think the bottles could have something to do with increased gassiness (if that is even the real issue) I usually bf at home and he only will get an occasional bottle - DH is staying home with Liam tomorrow to give his mom a break so we will see if he notices any of the same issues. Does Xander eat 20oz most days at daycare? We have been sending about that much with about 3-4 oz of it in the *extra* bottle but since MIL gives it to him everyday he is getting that much - I thought it maybe seemed like a lot and then she says it seems like he wants more...

On a happy note - I think I can safely say that we got Liam out of a swaddle! I don't know why I was thinking it would be such a big deal - The last three nights he has gone to sleep in just a sleep sack (we had been using the Halo sleep sack with the swaddle before - but I noticed that he was getting his little hand out and fighting the swaddle was waking him up). It is so cute now to see him asleep in his little sleeping bag with his hands up over his head.

17. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

Here is my LO intro
    Baby: J
    How old is baby now? 12 weeks on Sunday
    Stats: At his 2 month checkup, he was 12 lbs, 24 inches and his head was in the 25th. My DH calls him peanut head I guess he takes after me!
    Latest Milestones: He does lots of cooing and laughing. He hasn't rolled over yet. He has been moving his head side to side a lot and chewing on his hands all the time. He is also quite a kicker with his feet.
    How's baby sleeping? No sleep thru night yet He sleeps around 10 pm and then wakes up 3 am for feeding and then 6:30 am again. He has acid reflux and we have been co-sleeping at night. He makes all sort of noises at night and I have to keep my hand on him so he doesn't wake himself (he hates swaddling) so sleep has been hard to come by. I am going to try to transition him to crib soon hopefully he can sleep better in the coming weeks.
    What are you looking forward to most? Getting to more interaction and play with toys, talking and belly laughs.

18. Smurfette

@dojo: I ordered Fenugreek, Mother's Milk Tea, and MotherLove More Milk Plus. We will see if they help. I will only pump enough today for 3 bottles tomorrow, which is what she normally takes. But I like to send 4 just in case, like today when is going to need it. Then if I don't use, I send the next day.

19. Smurfette

@dojo: I am jealous of everyone that is getting rid of the swaddle. We just can't and now day care swaddling too, going to be doing it for a while I am afraid. We were using gas drops with every feeding for awhile, it helped. She still gets gripe water at time, she loves it.

@silver1: Welcome! You have a skinny long baby!! Yah, another baby that isn't rolling over. My Reagan is not even close. We have reflux as well Sorry that he doesn't like the swaddle. I don't know how you are sleeping with a hand on him. But I guess that is what we do as Mother's, you just do it.

20. Adira

@Smurfette: I think part of my problem too is that I really need to pump for longer, but it's not an option for me. When I pumped at home after work yesterday, I noticed I had another letdown around the 25 minute mark, which I NEVER get to here at work. Total bummer!

@dojo: No, usually Xander only has 15 oz. I send four 5 oz bottles and he gets one every three hours. I try to get there before they give him the fourth bottle, though it doesn't always work out. He's there from 7:30 to 5:00 and usually eats at 8:30, 11:30, and 2:30. But yesterday, he ate at 8:30, 11:00, 2:00, and then 5:00. Normally I pick him up before he gets that last bottle and then I nurse him as soon as we get home.

How long is Liam with your MIL? I've heard that babies need about 1-1.5 oz every hour, so since I feed Xander at 5:30 a.m. and am not going to feed him again until 5:30 p.m., it makes sense that he would eat about 12-18 oz, and normally he eats 15 oz.

I know that babies take in a lot more air when they are drinking from bottles, so that could totally be the difference when he's with your MIL vs when he's with you. And even if he takes a bottle with your husband, if your husband is good about burping him, then he might not notice any extra fussiness, whereas if your MIL isn't as good about it, maybe that's the problem. I don't know though!

Congrats on swaddle weaning!! I LOVE the baby sleep pose with their arms up by their heads! The other day I walked in on Xander sleeping and he had both hands tucked under his head, like he was totally relaxing. It was sooooo cute!

@silver1: Welcome!! And congratulations on your little boy! Hopefully you'll get some sleeping-through-the-night action happening soon enough. Not getting enough sleep is brutal!

21. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@silver1: welcome!!! K is a noisy sleeper too! I def get better sleep with her in her room. But I still get woken up by her from the monitor sometimes!

22. Adira

Yay! I just pumped 5.5, maybe 6, ounces!! Now I just need to get another 2.5 oz out tonight. ASSUMING daycare doesn't give him his fourth bottle... ugh. I wonder if there's a way I can request they don't give it to him unless he's STARVING... not sure how to word that though.

23. Smurfette

@Adira: Awesome! I would try and just ask if they can hold off giving him the bottle, that you would rather nurse him, so you don't have to stress about having enough pumped milk for the next day. Try and see how it goes with DH telling him the wrong time for him to eat next too.

24. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, it sucks because they feed on a schedule, rather than on-demand. They only do on-demand feeding is the baby seems hungry before their next planning feeding. Hopefully with Hubs telling them that I fed later than I did, it'll push them back a little bit and then they'll never get to that fourth bottle before I get there!

Also, I think next time if I do see them feeding him the bottle or they tell me they've done it, I'll request that they hold off unless absolutely necessary because I nurse him immediately after picking him up. Although hopefully this won't happen - I hate confrontation, haha!

25. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@silver1: congrats on your LO - I'm with you on the 'not-yet-sleeping through the night' hopefully you will have success with transitioning to the crib!

@Smurfette: you will have to let us know how those supplements work out - I have some fenugreek that I purchased awhile back but havent used because I got a little worried when I read somewhere that it can make you smell like maple syrup...

@Adira: I think it sounds like we have similar schedules - DH drops Liam at MIL(and daycare starting in July) around 7 picks up around 4:30. I feed him at home between 5:30 and 6 (unless he's up earlier than that) and on weekends and when I was home on leave he would eat at around 9:00, 12:00 and 3:00 - I send 3 5 oz bottles and then figure I will nurse him when I get home around 5:30/6:00. She has been giving him the extra 3-4 oz lately so that comes out to nearly 20 oz and today I filled up my 5 oz bottles over the line - so probably closer to 6 oz each. I will have DH check with her about the burping and see if he notices any issues when he is home tomorrow. That sounds soooo cute how Xander had his hands behind his head like he was chillin'

26. Smurfette

R was playing on her activity mat tonight. I was sitting next to her looked away and she was on her side!! Then she rolled back on her back. I got excited!! I got it on video when she did it again. I got tears thought cause DH isnt here and missed it. I texted it to him and he said he got tears cause he did too.

27. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: go R! I'm impressed you got it on video!

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: He did the same as the night before, but I think he is ready to go down to one feeding in the night as the second time he barely eats. The first time he eats a lot, so on the second wake up tonight I'm going to see if I can get him back to sleep without eating. I hope that you can get them to stop giving him that 4th bottle. I would just tell them that you nurse right after you get him so to only give the bottle if necessary. Easier said than done though, I hate telling people things like that.

@shopaholic: Sounds like a fun party. Hope you got lots of pics.

@Smurfette: That is so many oz's down the drain, that must be heartbreaking.

@dojo: It is so nice not having to swaddle anymore. I love watching them sleep in sacks. Hopefully it goes well for your hubby tomorrow, at least July and daycare will be hear soon and you won't have to worry about MIL.

@silver1: I hope you are able to transition him soon so that you can get a better sleep.

29. Adira

@dojo: Definitely sounds like a similar schedule! I don't know why your MIL would be giving him the extra bottle if he gets one at 3:00 and you pick him up at 4:30! Maybe she's not following that schedule and feeding him earlier?

@Smurfette: Woot! Go R!!!

@ALV91711: Good luck tonight!!! Will Isaac take a pacifier? You could try giving him that when he wakes up and see if he'll fall back asleep. That's how we got Xander to drop a feeding. I think @Mrs. Blue wrote a post about doing that recently.

30. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@Smurfette: That is so great that you got it on video! Yay!

Oh my gosh after all my complaining... it seems Liam had a great day today and took good naps and didn't need his extra bottle. Could be he is just getting warmed up to newer surroundings/routine or maybe the extra 1oz I put in each bottle today helped him feel more full and sleep better - who knows - I'm feeling better about it at least!

31. Smurfette

@dojo: That is great news! Probably need to get use to the new routine. Or the extra ozs helped, I would keep it up.

32. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@dojo: glad you had a good day!

33. Adira

@dojo: Yay!!! Glad he had a good day!!! Hopefully it continues like this!

34. Adira

Oh my gosh, ladies, the postpartum hair loss has finally hit me and it's HORRIBLE! It feels like my hair is falling out in clumps! Anyone else dealing with this??

35. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: I just noticed it! My hair is everywhere. I keep finding random strands all over A ...

36. Adira

@aprk: haha, me too! It gets in the weirdest places too! And this morning in my shower, it felt like it just kept coming out!!!

37. Smurfette

@Adira: @aprk: I noticed a lot more on the bathroom counter this morning. Think mine is starting........

38. Adira

@Smurfette: @aprk: I had always assumed it happened IMMEDIATELY after having the baby, so I thought it just wasn't going to happen to me! I didn't realize it can start months later! So sad.

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Last night was much better. Fed at 8:30 but didn't go to sleep until 10. Up at 2:15 to eat. Woke up at 4:30 and just put him back to sleep without eating. And now at 7 he is eating again and I'm sure he will go back to sleep for a bit.

40. Adira

@ALV91711: That doesn't sound too bad!! Nice job getting him back to sleep at 4:30 without having to feed him!! Hopefully soon he'll just stop waking up then too and you'll only have to feed once in the middle of the night!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee