Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013: Mamas & Babies!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: That's awesome!! Sounds like she is getting really comfortable there!! That must make you feel a lot better about having to be back at work, knowing that she is doing well at school!

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: Yes! I feel so much better knowing she is adjusting. She seemed happy today when I picked her up. She was sitting in one of the teachers laps, smiling and looking at all her new friends:)

3. Adira

@Smurfette: Yay!! I'm so happy for you both!

4. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

Oh my gosh I don't think I've posted on here since way back in March but I want to try to jump back in since I have a bit more time on the computer now that I've returned to work. I have been a total failure at keeping up but here is what is up with us.

Baby: Liam

How old is baby now? 3 months (15 weeks)

Some Stats: Not sure about stats until his upcoming appointment later this month - We think he is weighing in somewhere around 12.5 lbs or so since we are having to switch over to 3-6 and 6 month sizing.

Latest milestone? Starting to bat his hands and grab at hanging toys on his activity mat. We are getting tons of smiles now and even some sort of laughs. He is able to roll from front to back but is somewhat inconsistant about it. Lots of talking too!

How's baby sleeping? Getting better - we try to start our bedtime routine (bath. PJs, story, nurse) between 6:30 and 7 and get him to sleep before 7:30 - on a good night he's up between 1:30 and 3:00 then back to sleep until we get up for the day around 5:30 or 6. Other nights there will be an additional wake up - not too bad but it's been quite an adjustment since returning to work this week since I had been used to having the ability to sleep in occasionally or to take a nap during the day.

What you're looking forward to most? More interaction with toys and playtime - he is just starting to discover what his hands can do so it's so exciting to watch him discover that he can touch and grasp at them. Also I can already say that I am most looking forward to not having to pump at work... this is hopefully very far in the future but after just this week... uugghh what a pain!

here's a pic from this morning! He is always so happy in the mornings

5. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

Ooh, I'll update!

Baby: Viviana Wren

How old is baby now? 10 weeks

Some Stats: 13ish pounds, just started wearing 3-6 month clothes!

Latest milestone? Smiling and laughing, talking and squaking! Pushing up and maintaining it for a long time. Moving across the floor while on her back by scooting her little feet. Sitting up (supported) for a good minute at a time.

How's baby sleeping? Through the night really well. We don't have a nap schedule, she just sleeps whenever she's tired.

What you're looking forward to most? More interaction. I can't wait till she reaches for me!

6. Adira

@dojo: Oh my gosh, that photo is sooooo cute!!! He looks so excited to see you! I love it!!!

@Arden: Oh my gosh, I can't wait for Xander to start reaching for me too!! I think that will make me so ridiculously happy!!!

7. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Baby: Elliot & Finn
    How old is baby now? Will be 3 months on Tuesday.

Some Stats. At their two check, E was 10 lbs 11 oz and F was 9 lbs 4 oz.: I took them to our local medical supply store today (they have a baby scale you can use for free!). On that scale, E was 12 lbs. 2 oz and F was 10 lbs 10 oz. They are both over twice their birth weight! I'm so proud of them growing so much, even though they were at the bottom/just off the growth chart at their two month appt.

Latest milestone? They are both smiling all the time! When I walk up and start talking to them, they just beam and I just melt! They are really good at tracking things with their eyes, especially if it's a familiar face that they are looking at. They're great at holding their heads up, and also love to "stand" when we hold them up on our laps.

How's baby sleeping? We moved them to the nursery around 7 weeks, but left them in the RNPs. Last weekend, we transitioned into sleeping in one of the cribs together (soooo cute--I keep taking pictures of the monitor because it makes me happy!). They still sleep tightly swaddled.

What you're looking forward to most? I can't wait for actual laughs F has giggled once-but nothing since then. I'm also looking forward to intentional grabbing of things other than my hair or necklace!

8. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Mrs. Blue: oh I can't even put into words how cute that last picture is. And with the sleepy smile? Ah. I love it!!

9. Smurfette

@dojo: @Mrs. Blue: um, adorable babies!!!

@Mrs. Blue: R loves "standing" up as well

10. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@Mrs. Blue oh my goodness that pic of them in their swaddles is the sweetest!

11. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Gahhh, they are sooooo adorable!!! I can't imagine how much work it must be to take care of twins, but having TWO babies smile and beam at you... that melts my heart! I love them!!

12. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: @dojo: @Smurfette: @aprk: Thanks, ladies! They make my heart happy!

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@dojo: He looks so happy, what cute pj's.

@Adira: That is a good pic, what a cut little guy.

@Smurfette: What a cutie pie!

@Mrs. Blue: Your boys are so adorable.

22 hours ago Reply flag

Baby: Isaac Dennis

How old is baby now? 11 weeks 2 days

Some Stats. Two weeks ago he was 13lbs 14.75oz. I can't remember how long and that is written down at home. He won't be weighed and measured again until mid July.

Latest milestone? He grabbed and held a toy on his own the other day, that was awesome.

How's baby sleeping? Still up twice a night to eat. Last night he ate just before 10 and went to sleep and then didn't get up until 3. That was awesome.

What you're looking forward to most? I'm really looking forward to him taking a bottle. Today is day 1 of trying every day with formula as not to waste BM. My mom is trying right now and it is not going so well. Once he'll take them consistently then I will do BM in a bottle and I can have a night off and sleep!

14. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

Just did a quick photo comparison between A on day 2 and today at 9.5 weeks. I love seeing him grow!

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@aprk: Wow, he is grown. And such a cutie too!

16. Smurfette

@aprk: oh wow! I need to do one like that.

R is pretty congested tonight. She seemed fine today. We had a great day. She took awhile to get to sleep, almost 9 before we put her down. Then woke up a little after 11, and now at 1215 she is up again. I tried to just rock her but she was crying and just wanting to nurse.

I have a feeling it is going to be a long night.

17. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I hope your night isn't too bad and you get some sleep.

Last night Isaac was asleep at 10:15 and his first wake up was 3. Tonight he nursed at 8:30 and was asleep in bed at 9:15. Half an hou later he was almost crying so I picked him up and right. Ack asleep. I'm just giving him a few more minutes before I put him back down. I'm hoping he stays asleep for at least a few hours.

The bottle today was a fail, but it was t so bad throwing formula down the drain. We will try again tomorrow and see how that goes.

I think Isaac may have a bit of what I have. He has been stuffy all day today, but other than that he was happy.

18. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@ALV91711: @Smurfette: I love the comparison shots. It's so crazy, especially bc day-to-day it's sometimes tough to see the changes.

19. Smurfette

@ALV91711: Sorry the bottle didn't go well. I know how that is. Keep trying and try different bottles till you find one he likes.

Rough night here, she was up at 11:20, 12:15, 4:30, 5:40, 6:40: 7:15, 8:30. She would eat for a bit and pop off and fall asleep. DH went and got her at 640, and she had a major diaper leak. All over the crib sheet, so doing more laundry today. Just got her down for a nap.

@Mrs. Blue: what size SwaddleMe blankets are the boys in? The small/medium were getting right on R and all dirty do we used a large last night. At one point she had her arms out at the top so it might be too big for her but the others are getting to small.
    And I need to buy more for school but I don't want to buy more small.

20. Mrs. Blue

@Smurfette: We're in the same boat with E. He's getting to small for for the small/medium, but the large just doesn't keep him swaddled. Honestly, the best thing so far is the smaller SwaddleMe after they've been used for a day because they stretch out a little bit. I bought a Halo Swaddle Blanket in medium the other day. It worked okay, but still a little too big.

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I hope you get a nap today, that is a tiring night.

Isaac did better last night, up at 1:15, 4:30, 7 and then up for the day at 9. Now he is tired and cranky and doesn't want to nap. Oh joy. What a day it is going to be.

22. Adira

@aprk: Gahhh, look how big he's getting!!! And so adorable!!!

@Smurfette: Sorry to hear about your rough night!!! I wonder why she was up so often. I hope you're able to take a nap today. Hopefully tonight goes better!

@ALV91711: Good luck with the bottle! I hope you're able to get Isaac to take it soon. Is this in prep of you going back to work?

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Not in preparation for work as I don't go back until March. I just want him to take a bottle so that he can be with DH and I can go to the store and I'd like to start going back to the gym. Also if he takes a bottle then I can get one night a week of full sleep. I'm sure it will just take some time, but I know he will do it.

24. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh, you're so lucky you get to be home with your baby for so long!!! But definitely being able to get out of the house and knowing that someone else can feed your baby is sooooo liberating! When you go out, make sure you get a pedicure or something! Hopefully Isaac takes a bottle soon!

25. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

Ladies, how long did the postpartum sweats last? I feel like it was under control for a while but this last week I have been a hot, sweaty mess!

26. Smurfette

@aprk: I was still having them at 10 wees, think it was around 11 weeks when they stopped. Yuck! So nasty.

27. Smurfette

We must be going through the 3 month growth spurt. Second night of multiple feedings overnight. She was really hungry yesterday as well. I am so tired! Going to be a long day at worn. By the time I finish nursing this one, I am will need to get in the shower for work. I think I am going to send a 4th bottle. Good thing I didn't freeze that extra milk I pumped.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

28. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh yikes!! Sorry to hear you weren't able to get much sleep! Hopefully the spurt ends soon so you both can get some long sleep stretches in!

I'm not sure Xander went through the 3 month growth spurt... He's continued to mostly sleep through the night. Sometimes he'll wake up an hour earlier than normal to eat, but that's about it. I wonder if it's still coming, or if we just missed it altogether...

29. Adira

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!! The daycare lady was giving Xander his FOURTH bottle when I got there!!! So now I need to provide them with 20 oz for tomorrow and I only pumped 13!!! UGH! I'm going to pump at 6:00 (when I usually feed Xander), and then after he eats at 9:00, but I know there's NO WAY I'll be able to get 7 more oz out! I'm so screwed!

30. Smurfette

@Adira: do you have any in the freezer?

31. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@Adira: Oh no! how much do you usually get per pump session?

32. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, I guess I shouldn't complain. I do have a freezer stash I can dip into.

@dojo: At work, I pump twice and get about 5oz each time. I'm pumping now, so I'm hoping to get an okay amount, but it's only been 2.5 hours since I last pumped and at work I go 4 hours, so I don't think I will get that much. Though I can pump for longer than 20 minutes, so who knows!

33. Smurfette

@Adira: well order some supplements tonight so you can increase your supply. I am sorry!! Our babies are getting too big

34. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@Adira: That's funny I feel the same way about my freezer stash - I never want to use it but I've got a bunch saved up and need to figure out a system for how to cycle through.

Right now my mother in law is watching Liam and she tends to always use my *extra* bottle that I send along... We're starting daycare in July and they asked us to send an extra and I am starting to wonder how I will keep up!

35. Adira

@Smurfette: Damn fat babies!

@dojo: Yeah, I want to keep my stash for an emergency! Though I guess not having enough for daycare would count, haha.

I actually did get almost 5oz out of my pumping session I just did! I had to pump for 40 minutes though to get that much. I can only imagine how much I'd get at work if I could pump for that long! If I can get 2 more oz out after I feed Xander at 9:00, I'll be all set. And even if I don't get enough, I'll just send what I have - it'll be good enough.

36. Smurfette

@Adira: that is great!!

I ordered this onesie for R to wear on Fathers Day. It says I put the happy in Father's Day. I ordered 6 months but it looks huge! I hope it shrinks some when I wash it. Her 3-6 month shorts are too big still. Girlfriend needs to fatten up. I want to break out her new cute stuff!!

37. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Wow, all of the photos of the adorable babies on this page make my heart melt! So sweet!

It seems like the march mommas board has had some bugs/illnesses. I hope everyone is feeling better now!!

i am currently typing at 30,000 feet, on our way home from southern Illinois. Our Detroit-NYC flight was delayed 3 hours due to weather and air traffic. One hour of the delay was when we had boarded and were already on the tarmac. Ughh. Pete was totally fine, I think he loved the extra nursing and snuggles, but I hate to fly and my anxiety level was high! I splurged on wifi and a glass of Chardonnay to help me relax for the rest of the trip now that he is sound asleep.

I think Pete hit his growth spurt or wonder week while we were away. He wanted to nurse a lot and he also slept a ton. Overall, he was a happy traveler who really charmed his family. He was playing a little bit of a peekaboo game with his grandma. He would look at her and smile and flirt, then burrow his face into my chest as if he were bashful. Ten second later, he would emerge to smile a her again. He did this over and over, like a little game. So cute!

I felt a little vulnerable traveling without any pumped milk. I usually like to have a bottle with me at all times, for car rides, subway rides, dinners, etc. But, we survived with the just the good old boob for a couple of days.

Okay starting to descend (yesssss!). Will catch up on the rest of the thread at home later!

38. Adira

@Smurfette: Awww, that's cute!! And I'm sure if you wash it and throw it in the dryer, it will shrink a little bit! Let us know what your DH thinks of it when he sees it!

@QueensBee: Sounds like you had a really nice trip!! Pete playing peek-a-boo sounds soooooo cute!!! Xander kind of does that bashful thing with me sometimes too and then grins - it's sooooo adorable! I still need to get a proper picture of him smiling, but whenever I break out the camera, he stops and just stares at me!

Sorry to hear you were anxious about the flight! Glad Pete did well though and you're just about home!

39. Smurfette

@Adira: I really hope it shrinks some. If not oh well, guess it doesnt matter we will just be at my parents house all day. I hope he thinks it is as cute as I do! I hope you got your couple ozs you needed.

@QueensBee: Great news Pete survived the flight and Mom did. Peek a boo sounds so cute. I wish R would do something like that with us.

40. Adira

SUCCESS!! I was able to pump 20oz exactly today!!! Woohoo!!!

Also... my boobs hurt. I hate pumping, lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee