Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

We brought down the baby gear yesterday from upstairs (car seat, boppy, stroller adapter, etc.) then I went to go pee, wiped, and saw some mucous plug on the toilet paper! I was like oh! lol I know it could/doesn't mean anything, but I didn't lose it on my own with DS and I was further dilated and effaced with him than I am with her at this point in my pregnancy so this is new to me. ha!

2. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@Navy_Mommy: fingers crossed be arrives soon!

3. Mrs. Cookie

@Alivoo01: I have been losing mucous plug today too! With DS I started contracting a few hours later, but this time, nothing yet!

Glad your induction went well, nice to hear those kinds of stories!

4. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Had my Dr appointment this AM - still hanging out at 3cm...she did comment how low her head was.

I have been having some pains which feel like the scrapping/twisting pain of a bladder infection (but I do not have them while I pee) she said this is a side effect of how low the baby is. Her head is basically grinding in my pubic bone. SWEET!

I opted to pass on membrane sweep because I really want to get through tomorrow at work. I scheduled an induction for Weds (3/9) which is the earliest I could with one of my Drs. So unless she comes sooner - I'll meet her in one week!

Staying home today to get some food prepped for the freezer!!!

5. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Navy_Mommy: How's it going? Any progress?

@Alivoo01: How could they approve it and then change their mind? Good news that it sounds like his supervisor is supportive, though! I hope it gets worked out soon, that doesn't seem like something you want to worry about at this point!

@Mrs D: What food are you prepping? And OUCH that sounds uncomfortable! I feel like every day that goes by walking hurts more, the left side of my groin is just feeling more and more pulled. I think the chiropractor is hurting more than helping at this point, although for good reason.

I can't wait for this week to be over - I made good progress getting stuff wrapped up at work but now it seems like I'm just marking time. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the woman taking over for me so my handover meeting with her is going to be awkward. Next week, though, I have so many plans - getting my hair done! A massage! Pedicures with a friend! Maybe I'll go to a movie! I am going to LIVE IT UP!

Now that I've said that I'm sure the baby will come this weekend.

Also, the next person who asks me if I'm excited for "a year off" is going to get a swift kick to the shins. I'm not taking a yearlong vacation!

6. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

Oh, and I keep forgetting to say, but @momtimes3 I hope you're doing well - I know you had a c section scheduled in Feb so hope everything went well and you're snuggling with your twins. Update us if you can, or send somebody a private message (is that an option?) and they can pass the news around?

7. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@erinbaderin: ummmmmm, I wouldn't necessarily call it progress. I definitely feel something, lol. I had lots of cramping and stuff last night but it wore off. I did the castor oil this morning and it wasn't that bad. No urgent bathroom breaks, lol. But I just kinda felt nauseous and tired. I took a quick nap and now I'm still in bed, still tired, but cramping again. If I'm up and moving around its very uncomfortable. If I'm lying down it doesn't stop but it doesn't hurt. It's too erratic to time though.

I just emailed my midwife to see if she thought I should get up and deal with the pain to try and progress things or rest so I'm not exhausted. We'll see what she says.

I think this is more prodormal stuff, not the real deal yet.

8. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: Yay, glad baby girl is low and you have a date in mind! That's my wedding anniversary so I'm biased to how awesome 3/9 is.

@erinbaderin: your plans next week sound great! Bummer about the girl taking over for you at work. My mom did some freezer prep for me, basically taco meat, marinated chicken, that sort of thing. Very helpful! Last time I made cookies and packaged then ten to a freezer bag, it was so nice to have them. I should try it do it again but double batches sound like lots of work.

@Navy_Mommy: hmm, could go either way I bet! Cramping is still a good sign. This waiting part at the end is the worst. Hope your little guy arrives soon!

So I'm still losing mucous plug. Not much else is happening. I've been doing lots of bouncing on my yoga ball and today DS and I walked the mall. Having sex again tonight to see if that helps. Also took some evening primrose oil orally last night because I had it and why not?
    I'm spoiled because my first came early. Having trouble being patient!

9. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: hoping things get moving for you SOON!

Not my best week. In the last week I gained like 6 lbs. Midwife isn't concerned because I didn't gain anything last week and very little the prior week, but it makes me feel anxious. Meanwhile, everyone around me is getting sick! My prenatal massage is postponed because she's got a bad cold, and 2 out of my 3 SAHM friends and their LOs are getting sick, too. So I guess we'll be staying home the rest of this week-- can't imagine getting sick right now! Continuing to get occasional contractions, but nothing that feels very promising.

10. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Today was my big meal prep day. I have been gradually doubling/tripling recipes here and there to stash away in the freezer. Today I went out with some serious lists and made 3 meat loaves, 2 honey sesame chicken, 2 beef burgundy, 2 chicken pot pies and 1 lasagna - all for the freezer. I got a bunch of protein and packaged it into individual meal portions. I also finished stashing my pantry...and got all the goodies to make the lactation recipes you gave the link to.

Now...I can just ask people to bring me fresh fruit and produce bc I have my house stocked with the rest. I am feeling good about it!

@Navy_Mommy: I have everything crossed for you!!!

@princessandthebee: Awww...I love hearing why its a good date!!! Now we just see if I get there! I feel like I lost a slightly larger piece of my plug tonight...who knows - that or a booger came out! haha...sorry TMI...

For the record...I dont think I could pay my DH to have sex with me right now...

@mrsrain: We have a small cold going through our house right now...it has me on edge...fingers crossed you steer clear...

11. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Navy_Mommy: What did you end up doing? I hope you got to stay in bed and relax!

@princessandthebee: That's so nice that your mom did some stuff for you! Last time my parents were really good at bringing us meals for the first week or so but now they live far away and I'm not sure what their plan is after the baby comes and we come home from the hospital. I should, at the very least, stock up on some things I can just throw in the oven even if I don't make them myself.

@mrsrain: I gained 8lbs in 2 weeks a few weeks ago and my midwife was also not concerned, plus you guys all told me it was mostly baby and water weight, so I'm going to tell you the same thing! I feel like I'm getting a cold and I'm super grumpy about it.

@Mrs D: Wow, I am impressed! Can you share the honey sesame chicken, that sounds delicious. The lactation granola bars is on my list of things to do next week.

Also, ha! When they said this guy was breech part of my brain said "oh thank God, I don't have to have sex to try to kickstart labour".

For some reason my right leg has been swelling up lately - it's so weird to not recognize your own foot! Also this evening I was trying to get a pan of broccoli out of the lower half of the oven while holding a toddler and my legs slipped, I did the splits, and landed on the floor. I think I pulled something, or aggravated whatever is already going on in my groin, because I'm in so much pain!

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I've been resting. No substantial signs of labor coming any time soon.

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Here is the honey sesame chicken recipe! So yummy!!!

http://crockpotladies.com/recipe/crockpot-honey-sesame-chicken/

14. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: that's what mine looks like, large chunks of boogers! Gross but exciting lol

DH and I had an argument and I'm super emotional, not sure if sex is still happening tonight or not..ugh

@erinbaderin: sorry about your swelling and hope you didn't pull anything!

15. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So this is happening...is she serious with this sleeping position?!

16. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Mrs D: omg. That's kind of adorable! Is she actually asleep?

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@mrsrain: completely out...had to wake her up to move her...so weird and hysterical

18. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

Ha! That is hilarious!

19. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: haha that's amazing!

20. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Hi ladies i do wish i could post private to someone to update things are goin as good as can be expected right now. Im excited to hear all about the march babiesncomin:)

21. Mrs. Cookie

Check labor thread

22. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@momtimes3: If you want to email me (baderin @ gmail . com) I can pass some news around?

23. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: Thanks! That sounds delicious! Maybe I'll make an effort next week to do some cooking/prep, it would be very convenient to have things handy...

Also, HA! That is so funny.

24. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: For me - the meal prep is more for DH and K than it is for me. I am planning to be very strict diet wise after having this baby (I struggle so much to shed the pounds with K) so this is about having easy meals ready for them that alleviate stress to allow me to focus on me. I have about 15-20 dinners in the freezer for them, 12 of those are multi serving meals! So it feels nice!

25. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

My daughter is 21 months old. Today she was having a melt down and climbed into my lap. She maneuvered herself into a cradle position and I just rocked her and sung to her. And then she fell asleep! I'm savoring this moment... When she is still my only baby and I am still her safest place.

26. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: DD's head is pretty low also and I can definitely feel her down there, especially when I have to pee. OMG!! The sensation is so uncomfortable!!

@erinbaderin: Loving your pamper yourself day you have coming up! Sounds amazing and totally well deserved!! But ouch, ouch, ouch on the splits with a toddler! Glad you didn't burn yourself on the oven or majorly hurt yourself!! Eek.

@mrsrain: Yuck on everyone else being sick, but hopefully it steers clear from you. Now (or ever really) is not a good time. lol

And omg!! I'm completely melted over here with that pic and cuddleness of your lil girl!! So darn sweet!!!

@Mrs D: LOL @ K's sleeping position. What's up with kids and their weird sleeping positions man? Sometimes I look at DS and I'm like there's no way in heck that is comfortable, but I'm afraid to move him sometimes and he'll sleep like that for hours! I'm like, I'm getting a crick just looking at you. lol

27. Alivoo01

As for me, I lost a tiny bit more of my mucous plug yesterday, and pregnancy insomnia is killing me. Always up around 3am and can't go back to sleep till like 2+ hours later.

Meanwhile, my belly has been beyond crazy itchy these past few days. Like I'm practically clawing at my skin off because I can't stop scratching!! Called the OB office yesterday and they told me to take Benadryl and apply calamine lotion or hydrocortisone 1%. I took Claritin instead since Benadryl makes me sleepy and has weird side effects for me and lathered the cortisone like crazy. It seemed to do the trick, but the nurse called me back later in the afternoon and told me the doctor wanted me to come in today to have blood drawn to see if my liver is blocked. Apparently, blockage in the liver and/or gallbladder can cause the itchiness. Who knew!

We installed baby girl's car seat last night and moved DS's car seat. Besides cleaning and sterilizing pumping parts and bottles, I think we're ready to go. Oh! And pack up a few things for our hospital bag, but we'll do that this weekend.

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@mrsrain: *sob*...this is me...I am totally hugging K tighter these days and sad for our time as "just us" to be ending. I know I am giving her the best gift ever in the form of a sister but still it tears my heart up!

29. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@mrsrain: awwww she looks so sweet and cuddly!

30. sailgrl18

cherry / 127 posts

@mrsrain: What a beautiful picture. Such a sweet moment to savor.
    @Alivoo01: Ugh. Glad Claritin helped. This winter dryness has made me so itchy as well. I fell like I'm constantly slathering my body in lotion to keep it hydrated.

Had my 36.5 week appointment yesterday. Baby was head down and low. I'm 1cm dilated and not at all effaced which is frustrating because at this point with DS I was somewhat effaced. I plan to start EPO at 37 weeks to hopefully help with effacement. However, today baby boy has dropped even more and I basically have a bowling ball in my pelvis and it hurts my pelvis and butt when I walk. Maybe he's going to make more progress with dilation. I honestly can't believe how low he's gotten (I can put my full hand flat between the top of my bump and my bra. and my placenta is on top of my bump so his butt is at my belly button).

31. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Alivoo01: ugh, that sounds so uncomfortable! Did you get results from the testing back yet? Hopefully it's just dry, stretching skin!

@Mrs D: exactly! It's amazing how much guilt I can still muster up at this late date in pregnancy over changing things for my daughter. I gave to keep reminding myself that she's gaining more than she's losing!

@sailgrl18: sounds like he is really low! Remember, you can dilate and efface really rapidly, especially with 2nd (+) babies!

My massage was rebooked for TODAY and I absolutely can't wait! It's a bit of a drive to get there and back, so I essentially have the afternoon off from mama duty.

Funny story! DH actually called up my midwives yesterday to ask if it is ok to have sex with me! They were like, she's full-term, go for it! I'm hoping it'll at least help my body progress a little faster.

32. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: Yeah, I've been getting a little stressed about what to feed B after the baby comes. Personally I have no problem with a bowl of cereal for dinner, or cheese and crackers, but I think I need to come up with a list of quick easy meals that will keep a toddler happy and healthy, and doing some prep work is probably going to be really helpful for that.

@mrsrain: Augh, so sweet! So lovely that you got that moment and that you have a photo of it to remember.

@Alivoo01: I'm also feeling itchy! My belly, and lately my ankles - my legs have started swelling and I guess the skin stretching plus winter dryness is starting to get to me? It's terrible!

@sailgrl18: It's amazing to think about how much lower your baby is than mine - pregnancy is so weird how different it can be! I guess it's partially the breech thing, but while you can fit your hand between your bra and your bump I'm basically constantly pushing down just below my bra to try to get this guy's head out of my ribcage.

@mrsrain: Hope your massage is amazing! That's funny about your husband calling the midwives!

I got home yesterday to find my son totally lethargic, just limp on my mom's lap where apparently he'd been for over an hour. Took his temp and it was 103 again (God, I appreciate my mom babysitting so much but....give the kid some drugs! I don't care if he "didn't want to go downstairs", he's burning up!) so I gave him Tylenol and took him to the walk-in clinic. Honestly he was so lethargic that I was scared they were going to send us to the ER but they diagnosed him with an ear infection. Once the Tylenol kicked in he perked up so hopefully the antibiotics will really help - he's been sick for 7 of the last 10 days! At least he got it out of his system before the baby arrives (knock on wood)!

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: I did some general stocking too - like Rice-a-Roni, boxes of pasta, jars of sauce, shells n cheese, frozen veggies, frozen chicken breasts, etc...all stuff to help me throw something together easily but not necessarily "prepped" meals. It feels nice to have a nicely stocked pantry. Really this is how we should keep our house - I am just a freak about food expiring so I try to only buy what we need....

This way all I truly NEED is produce and meat. Which I THINK I can trust DH to get.

Sucks about the ear infection but the good thing is with the antibiotics he'll be better so soon! As much as I always felt awful for K when her temperature was bc of an ear infection it was also a relief bc I knew we could fix it easily. We're 1 year in to tubes now - so not an issue....but god bless antibiotics and pain meds!

On that note...the cold is officially in our house. K had a scratchy throat last weekend and she seems to have given it to DH and I. DH is being a complete baby and saying he cant take care of K bc he is so sick he doesnt want to pass it to her. His response when I said "I have the same thing...we have to parent...so she will just have to deal" was "well you dont seem as sick feeling as me"....UGH....ya bc women just suck it up whereas men act like infants...

My mom is back thankfully so she may come over this weekend or K and I may go there for a night for some Grammy comfort!

34. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: That's good thinking - I'm going to add some of those things to my grocery list. We generally have a pretty well stocked pantry but things are getting a bit dire at the moment.

I know, I feel a bit suspicious of how easily our local walk-in clinic diagnoses ear infections and hands out antibiotics but they really do work, so if it brings his fever down and helps him feel better after a week of misery I'm fine with it.

Oh noooo, the cold! I'm totally getting one but in slow motion, which is making me crazy - I wake up every morning feeling lousy but generally feel pretty good during the day. This would be fine with me if I didn't feel like next week it was all going to hit me. Sorry that your husband is being useless! Man colds are the worst, my husband gets them too. Tell him that if you guys GOT the cold from K, you can't pass it back to her.

35. Alivoo01

@sailgrl18: That's so cool you can tell your LO has dropped! I don't think mine has yet since I can feel her all the way to the top of my belly.

@mrsrain: My nurse hasn't called me, but I do have an appt today so maybe I'll hear something then??

Hope the sex helps you progress! And enjoy your time off this afternoon from mama duty and that awesome massage!!

@erinbaderin: Oh no!! Poor kid!! Glad he was feeling better post Tylenol, and hopefully the antibiotics will kick whatever is remaining in his system out. for good!!!

@Mrs D: Boo on y'all being sick!! And what's up with hubbies being so ugh when they're sick. I can't believe he actually said "you don't seem as sick as me" out loud. Really?? REALLY?!?!?! *angry face* So sorry!!

DS has been having a low grade fever the past few days too (99-100) with some coughing. Been giving him Tylenol and Allegra, but doesn't seem to help much in either department. Thankfully, he's still his cheerful and playful self, but just feels warm. Meanwhile, I've been having some thick mucous in my nose the past few days, but my face has also started breaking out like a teenager along with the belly itchiness so I don't know if it's pregnancy related or what! Fun times!

36. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Things aren't great over here. My BP is getting worse slowly. The midwife is coming tomorrow to do an NST and if her manual BP is high (electric cuffs tend to read high) I'll probably have to go to the hospital. If it's still "borderline" she'll do another stretch and sweep and I'll go get an ultrasound early next week to check fluid levels.

37. sailgrl18

cherry / 127 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Sorry to hear that. I hope her manual cuff shows a lower reading and you can have the home birth you want.

38. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

Sorry to hear about blood pressure too. Mine has started creeping up - and have been having dizzy spells and headaches . I had preeclampsia right at 40 weeks with my first so they are carefully monitoring. I got an NST and was showing contractions , and am 2 cm. they actually have me a medical leave letter so at Least I don't have to worry about commuting to work etc. I can't really say will relax now cause have a toddler lol!

39. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Alivoo01: What is up with all the kids getting sick right at the end of cold season! I hope the fever doesn't turn into anything and you don't get sick!

@Navy_Mommy: Oh man, I'm sorry. That sucks. Fingers crossed the next reading is ok. Would they induce you for a home birth?

@MrsLilybugg: Oh no, you too! We're all falling apart at the last minute! I hope you're ok!

As for me, I'm officially on maternity leave (well, technically I'm on vacation, my mat leave starts on the 14th, but no real difference). It is SUCH a weird feeling. I actually generally really like my job and my coworkers and it's so strange to say goodbye to everybody for a year. Who knows how many of them will even still be there when I go back? It's freaking me out a little to know I've done my last commute for 53 weeks.

40. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: fingers crossed that things improve tomorrow...

@MrsLilybugg: oh man, sorry to hear that your bp is creeping up, too! Hopefully you'll find a way to rest up and keep it down.

@erinbaderin: congrats on starting your met leave! Any guy feelings on when labor will begin?

I drove the hour to my massage appointment and when I got there I felt like baby had dropped really low! The massage was wonderful, and when I got up at the end I continued to feel like he is right there, ready to drop out. Spent the evening alternating between resting and bouncing on the birth ball. BH contractions and some low back ache, but aside from his low position not much else.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee