Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@mrsrain: I'm hoping labour doesn't begin! He's still breech, so my life would be easier if my body holds out until my scheduled c.

2. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Ugh ladies this head cold is killing me - and my cramps got so bad last night I was terrified I was going in to labor...

Not sure I could breathe enough to get through labor like this!

Just drank se water w chopped up garlic in it hoping it helps...I may have to cave and have some NyQuil tonight...E has to be done cooking by now right?!

3. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: Water with chopped garlic sounds terrible, you are a champ for trying anything! I think yes, the baby is cooked and it's more important at this point that you rest and recover.

So....this happened. My husband really has no relationship with his mom - they live in the US, I've only met her once (7 years ago), we usually only hear from her when she needs money. She texted him today and said she would like to come meet Bennett, and would the weekend of the 18/19/20 work? I said "um....did you tell your mom we were having another baby?" I definitely do not want to deal with that stress with a 3 day old! So that should be an interesting conversation.

4. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@mrsrain: your massage sounds divine! How
    Are you feeling now?

5. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Mrs D: how is your cold? That really sucks that you have to deal with a cold now too - as if these last weeks aren't torture enough!!!
    @erinbaderin: oh no - that sounds like a potential nightmare ! I hope your husband is able to at least postpone the visit !

AFM: have been cramping but no obvious contractions or anything. I was 2 cm on Thursday I don't remember if I mentioned that, and was showing contractions. But didn't do much today and things feel fine . Just so tired! Also holding toddler makes me cramp more (obviously lol) so am wondering if I should hold her more to help progress things so labor isn't a million years again lol

6. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: I honestly think the garlic worked...my cold is better today! But having all sorts of sharp crampy gas like pains! Ugh...

So had he told you MIL? That's crazy...sounds similar to my sisters mil situation...they just sent an announcement after baby came...

@MrsLilybugg: I definitely notice more action when I carry k around...so maybe?! Do the elephant stair climbing someone mentioned!

My mom came to my rescue yesterday - chicken noodle soup, daisys, nesting energy and a heat pad. She's my savior! She also convinced my hair lady to squeeze me in monday so my color is not awful...

Just gotta make it to monday at 10am

7. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Alivoo01: @Mrs D: good luck to my fellow August '13 mamas!

Lots of love to all!

8. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@mrsrain: ahh, so sweet!
    Fun catching up on everyone's updates!

I am totally feeling the hormone drop and missing my older son even though he's right here. I spend more time with baby and DS1 has been acting up a little.
    Change is hard!

I just need sleep and some time with my big boy.

Nursing is going well even though I'm using a nipple shield again, milk came in crazy fast and I'm super engorged.

Thinking about you ladies, so close now! Can't wait for more babies!

I'll share my birth story at some point.

9. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Fun things you learn by you're third baby - Depends work better than the giant pads the hospital gives you and are actually trimmer and more comfortable, lol. And everyone needs Earth Mama Angel Baby new mama bottom spray. I didn't even tear enough to need stitches and this stuff is amazing! So soothing.

10. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@delight: Thank you doll! I have everything crossed and am praying for you!

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So I just did some retail therapy (I have issues)...I got myself some Kendra Scott earrings and a necklace I have been eyeing...I also got some post baby inspiration tops (cute mom casual tops from Gap) and a spiralizer to help me with my GF and Dairy Free goals post baby...

Also - I sent DH to the aquarium with K today without me. I was going to go...but then realized walking all through the aquarium was going to wreck me. Plus I think some Daddy/K time is good...I am now an emotional wreck being away from her...I have issues!

12. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I bought Depends the first time but I wasn't a fan of them - I can't remember why now though.

@Mrs D: Totally on board with late pregnancy retail therapy! I'm going to the mall tomorrow just to see if there's anything I need while I can still ship without a baby.

Bennett lay down with his head in my lap today and said "Mommy, I like you." I basically burst into tears from the sweetness.

13. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@mrsrain: glad you had a great massage! Wonder if he'll make an appearance soon?

@Mrs D: boo on your head cold. Go away!! Ain't nobody got time for you!!! Glad your mom was around to help out and make you feel better!

@erinbaderin: whoa!!! Say what?! Did he tell her about the new baby???

@delight: aw!! Thanks dear!!

@princessandthebee: aw.

@Mrs D: mind sharing what you bought at Gap?? I'll definitely need a wardrobe makeover soon!!

And yay for daddy-daughter time while you relax!!

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: Absolutely. I am trying to move towards a capsule wardrobe to simplify my life. All the stuff I bought at the Gap is part of my casual wardrobe...I have scoured pinterest and pinned a million things...at the end of the day I have basically determined I am a jeans and tee-shirt kind of gal on the weeks...using shoes and jewelry to dress items up...so here are some of the items I bought:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=1777690220003&cid=1053625&locale=en_US

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=1996660220003&cid=1053625&locale=en_US

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=1996320020003&cid=1053625&locale=en_US

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=2096480220003&cid=1037000&locale=en_US

My colors for my wardrobe are largely Blue/Red - switching to pink/blue in the summery seasons. My bottoms are very basic: 1) boot cut 1969 gap jeans 2) mavi skinny jeans 3) white jean capri's from gap and 4) khaki chino shorts. I also plan to add a pair of chino crops from JCrew this summer. I have some fun sandals and am planning to buy a pair of toms wedges this summer. Thats my wardrobe! Mom friendly...

15. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

I love hearing how everyone is getting ready for baby's arrival outside of actual baby stuff! We went to Ikea yesterday hoping to encourage baby's arrival, but instead cane home with a new rug and a little table and chairs for Maddie. Our house is in great shape now! Was having contractions again last night, but they turned out to be pre-labor. Turns out that was a good thing because Maddie was up like HALF THE NIGHT. Ugh. So tired. Finally got her to sleep at 4am, but mama and daddy are dog tired today.

16. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Alivoo01: Thinking back, I actually don't think he did! He told his siblings who also live in CT (where his mom lives) and I guess assumed between that and Facebook she'd find out? When I asked if he'd told her he paused and said "....I'm sure she knows." We have a great relationship with his "grandma" (his step-dad's mom) so probably she would have mentioned it.....I don't know. I don't want any of them in our life, I hate them all, so I don't push too hard.

@Mrs D: I was looking at the Gap website last night and totally flagged the first 3 of your things as stuff I wanted to buy! And I badly want some Tom's wedges. Will you share your Pinterest board?

Mat leave day 1, I've made myself a giant to-do list and cleaned out/defrosted the freezer. I'm either nesting or in denial that I'll have a baby in a week.

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: here is the link to my board. I have one for work to...

I also have a post on here somewhere about my progress towards a capsule wardrobe...I'm going for 40 pieces. That number excludes non fashion shoes (winter boots, workout shoes), workout clothes (I'm allowing 2-3 outfits per 'season'), loungewear/layering tops (2-3 yoga pants/crops, 2-3 t's/tanks/long sleeve) and pjs.

Its awesome you have your leave starting today. I am basically on leave now though I am still answering emails.

I got my hair did this AM...now chillin and cleaning!

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

19. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

So I was really stressed about getting the baby enrolled at the clinic on base (where his doctors will be) because of our unconventional birth. While the big boys were napping DH headed over there to sort things out (we already had a 24 hour check yesterday with the midwife so it wasn't a huge rush to get him seen, but like I said, it was stressing me out). It did take longer than it would have if he was born in the hospital near base but everything is scheduled and he's in the system and he has a well check tomorrow!

Apparently everyone was very interested to hear about the homebirth, lol,I'll be interested to see how his doctor feels about it tomorrow.

20. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I'm glad you posted this bc it reminded me to call our pediatrician...he practices at a hospital different from where I deliver so I needed to call and let them know I'd be bringing in a wee one in the near future!

21. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: I think you didn't post the link to your board? But Oooh, I love those Toms! I went to the Gap today and they didn't have any of the shirts I liked, but I did get a few other ones. Guess I'll have to order online as usual.

@Navy_Mommy: Glad you got it all sorted! How did the big brothers react to the new baby?

I just did an enormous grocery shop, now I'm ready to do some meal prep, plus the pantry is pretty well stocked - feeling good about that. Also the cashier, who had to be at least 60, told me I was having a boy based on my belly and then insisted on putting my bags in my cart.

22. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: wow major preggo brain!

https://www.pinterest.com/jessicaboltz/capsule-wardrobe-casual/

I rocked a denim shirt today and only buttoned the top two buttons - woah preggo belly!

23. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: Yeah, we have basically identical taste, I now want to own everything on your board. Also now you've got me purse shopping, which is always dangerous....

24. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Its honestly taken me until 34 (a few months shy) to just embrace that I am not a fancy gal when its casual time. I get fancy enough during the work week...so jeans and t-shirts it will be. Besides...it is SO few and far between that DH and I go somewhere where jeans are not acceptable for dinner that I cant justify investing much of my wardrobe in our occasional date night attire.

At first when I started my capsule planning I was like "omg I need so much for the weekends..." nope. 3-4 bottoms, 4ish tops...two dresses...maybe one or two special tops. Done. The reality is if I have less in my closet I think I am more likely to actually get dressed rather than default to my fold over yoga pants and target t-shirts!

25. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

How are of you later month ladies doing?? Past 38 weeks now and ready! Finished up all my
    To do list and feeling like things may be moving in the right direction, feel like he's dropped lower, been having some nesting/insomnia, my back/hips are aching. And some weird stabbing pains around my cervix which Google says could mean dialiting. Hopefully things are moving!

26. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@ksnow: Getting there - c section scheduled a week from today, it's freaking me out knowing that in 7 days I'll have a baby! Trying to get everything done before then - pantry is stocked, groceries for freezer meals acquired, hair dyed. Tomorrow my plan is a few casseroles, muffins, and a pedicure!

27. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@Mrs D: is your induction still on for tomorrow? Thinking about you!

@ksnow: yay, so close now!

@erinbaderin: 7 day count down! It's nice to know the end is in sight!

We are not surprisingly sleep deprived over here, and have to get DS2 tested for jaundice a fourth time, he's always borderline, as well as get his tongue tie clipped again this week. Apparently his tie was really thick.
    Oh and I'm all over the place with these postpartum hormones but that's normal. Looking forward to hearing about more babies!

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: induction is scheduled for 730 tomorrow morning....eeek...I lost a few bigger pieces of my plug today so I am cautiously optimistic...I'll be sure to update you ladies as it progresses!

@erinbaderin: I made the pumpkin lactation bars from the link you sent about the granola bars and the are soooooo good! I added 1 c of mini chocolate chips...my mom couldn't help but eat one then was terrified shed wake up leaking...haha

29. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

Good luck to you guys having babies soon!! 🍀

@princessandthebee: I hear you on the hormones! Bfing is killing me this time round with a toddler around too!

30. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@princessandthebee: A fourth time, good grief! Hopefully you get a straight answer soon! Hope the tongue tie clip goes well. With B my lactation consultant said he had a bit of one but not necessarily enough to get clipped so I didn't, we'll see how this time goes. My neighbour got her son's clipped and said that it really helped her with nursing.

@Mrs D: Those are on my to-do list! I went to the bulk store yesterday and got all the ingredients.

Thinking of you! It's 8:40 now so I assume things are in progress!!!! Eeeee!!!

I'm having a cooking day - 3 dozen banana pecan muffins are cooking, and 2 chickens are boiling for casseroles. I'm hoping to also get meatballs, lentil wedges, and granola bars made, although not necessarily all today (although it would be nice to get it all over and done with...) Also I'm meeting a friend at 2 for a pedicure so that should be nice.

31. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

Prodromal labor, every night. Gone by morning. This mama is exhausted. I just want to meet my baby, at at nearly 38 weeks this could go on for a while!

32. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Mrs D: Good luck mama!!!!!

33. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and I am so ready to meet this baby! However, my DD was 9 days late, so I don't expect to go into labor before my due date.

Could any of you ladies describe how a Braxton hicks contraction feels? I think I *might* have experienced 5-6 of them last night (for the first time ever!) but I'm not sure if that's what it was, or if it was because of the baby moving. I felt an overall tightening of my whole belly, as well as pressure on my cervix/rectum that was constant and lasted around 45 ish seconds. However, when I looked down at my stomach, it looked like there were baby buns sticking out the side of my stomach. He wasn't moving around during it, just sticking his butt out! So I'm not sure if he was just stretching and holding the stretched position, or if it was a BH contraction. Any input is welcome!

34. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Lilbear: that definitely sounds like Vraxton Hicks! They are often mistaken at first for baby pushing out.

35. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@erinbaderin: Sounds like a great day! Eek 6 days now!

@mrsrain: I *think* I may be having some prodormal labor at night too. I have an appointment tomorrow and tempted to have them 'check' to see if I've made any progress yet.

@Lilbear: My DD was 9 or 10 days late too and so I'm assuming I'll be late again, but it sure doesn't stop me from being anxious/thinking maybeeeee i'll get to be a little early this time. And I think I've been having those same kinds of possible BH/possible baby stretching. Can't seem to determine which it may be.

Anyone else getting these weird intense cramps in their groin area? It seems odd, like maybe when you're dehydrated and get a foot or calf cramp...

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Sooo tiny...I forgot how tiny they start out!!!

37. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@ksnow: I'm getting stabbing pains not cramp like feelings. It's probably just baby kicking

At my appt this last Tuesday cervix was still high and head isn't engaged yet. My midwife said to walk a lot and to swivel hips and dance lol. I read though that second babies usually don't Engage until labor so hopefully that's the case here !

@Mrs D: so so sweet !!!! Our toddlers will feel like full grown adults lol

38. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Mrs D: Awwww what a cutie pie!!!!

39. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@MrsLilybugg: my dr said the same thing yesterday..I was -2 when she broke my water...she said she would drop quickly at the end...

40. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

Been in triage all night being monitored for high bp. Waiting to hear the final word, but the current recommendation seems to be induction. DH and I are exhausted from no sleep, and just want to know what's happening!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee