Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2019 Mamas

1. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

Gavin Myles decided to come a few weeks early on 2/21/19. My water broke at a work meeting an hour from my house and the hospital so I drove home in active labor. My husband met me at home and drove me to the hospital and we were there for 5 minutes before Gavin was born (less than 1.5hrs from my water breaking). It was scary and dramatic, but at least over quickly! We’re doing well and hopefully heading home today. I’ll update with some pictures later

2. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@LBarn: ahhh congratulations! That’s my worst fear is my water breaking at work (as I live an hour away as well) and take the train.

3. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

@lavender: ironically, I had planned on working from home starting the next day to hopefully avoid that, so it was my last day commuting. Go figure!

4. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@LBarn: Of course right? How early did he come?

5. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

@lavender: 37 weeks exactly, I definitely wasn’t expecting him that early!

6. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@LBarn: Oh my goodness, how intense! Congrats!!!

7. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@LBarn: congrats!!

8. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@LBarn: oh my goodness congratulations!!!
    What a dramatic birth !!!
    Waters breaking at work would have been such a shock - and what I've always wondered if this happened to.me - who cleans it up and how did your colleagues react ??

Were the contractions / birth very painful ?
    How did you know that you needed to go straight to the hospital ?

9. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

@LBarn: Congrats!! What an exciting entrance for Gavin! So glad you are all doing well!

10. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

@EmmaNZ: I was at a meeting at a hotel so luckily my coworkers didn’t have to clean up after me. My colleagues were concerned about me driving but I assured them I had plenty of time and was fine (so I thought)

My contractions started soon after my water broke. Not too painful at first but never more than 2 minutes apart so I knew it was happening fast. They were very painful by the time I got to the hospital and I almost passed out from pain walking to l&d... birth was super painful but over so fast at least.

Here’s a picture of Gavin 😃

11. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@LBarn: Picture didn't post!

Had my 39 week appt today, nothing is happening, couldn't do a membrane sweep and now we're talking about induction. I can schedule it anytime at this point, but I'm hesitant to do it after my last induction experience. Also, she mentioned using oral misoprostol, which I didn't realize until I got home could be so controversial so now I have a bunch of questions about it and unsure if I want to use it at all. Blah. On top of that I'm dealing with my daughter whose behavior has been absolutely miserable and some family drama that I just don't have the energy to deal with right now. I just want the baby out now, without intervention. Is that too much to ask?!

12. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@Aria: oh I hear you !!
    That's so tough.
    Well you could wait a bit longer before going for an induction ?
    If it's any help , every story I've heard where a mum has been induced for no 2 , it is MUCH more straightforward and Much faster... It's almost just like a nudge that your body needs.
    Good luck, I'll be hoping that things start naturally for you.

13. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@LBarn: that sounds so fast and dramatic !!! Wow !

14. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

@Aria: I tried to upload from my phone but it won’t load... 😩

15. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@EmmaNZ: It went away two days later.

Thanks everyone! I ended up back in the hospital last Thursday for chest pains. They did a bunch of tests to rule out blood clots or heart failure. It was quite scary. I was short of breath, couldn't breathe, and had this nagging chest pains. It turns out I have pericarditis. I'm on medicine now, and finally feeling better a week out. I'll be closely monitored by the cardiologist. I'm 31. Don't ignore chest pain! I'm so glad I went in.

In better news, I lost all the pregnancy weight 11 days out just from breastfeeding. Last pregnancy, I gained it all back with continued breastfeeding so I'm going to try to stick to healthier snacks since I am still overweight.

Congrats on the babies continuing to make their debut!

16. papermoona

pea / 5 posts

hello all! new here to the site, and due in 2 days! (March 1st). I hope you'll accept my belatedness, LOL.

excited to hear all of your experiences. This is my 3rd baby (second girl ) My first was an early March girl as well, so we are all so excited and impatient!

Yesterday I was sitting at 2cm dilated & 90% effaced.
    We live 1 hour from the hospital and this being a subsequent pregnancy, my doc wants me to head there at the first sign of regular contracting. Do any of you have experiences with quick subsequent labors?
    My babies have never come early or on their due date, sadly

So far, just occasional BH contractions.

17. papermoona

pea / 5 posts

@Aria: My doc offered induction after 39wk mark too, but we also wanna wait. But SO impatient. I'm 39+5 days, dilated 2cm. I had a membrane sweep at 38wks as well as yesterday. No luck so far. The waiting suuucks... My 2nd baby had to be induced at 42wks; it was a relatively good experience, but I'm not sure if that may be bc he was not my first time baby (much harder in comparison). I won't mind if it has to happen again ... Just getting so anxious. Esp with some eminent dental surgery I need done. I'm in a lot of discomfort until baby comes. Hang in there. I hope your LO pops out soon...it won't be much longer !

18. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@Aria: how are you doing ? What did you decide re induction ?

@dc yoga bee: that's amazing you lost all the weight already. How are the early days going ?
    Recovery going well ?

@papermoona: welcome !! It won't be long either way until no 3 is here. An hour drive from the hospital would make me nervous !

I'm 37 weeks , finished work , now just waiting ! Have a scan next week and Drs appt. My first born arrived just short of 38 weeks so hoping this one will follow suit .

How is everyone else doing ?

19. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

And..... Even though I've done it before... I'm so nervous of labour and birth ! Anyone else ? Any words of advice or guidance ? I'm hoping to manage with just the bath and gas and air this time..... I had an epidural with my 1st and hope to avoid it this time.

20. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@dc yoga bee: I’m glad you’re okay! @papermoona: Welcome, hope your baby comes soon, waiting is so hard!!
    @EmmaNZ: I’m hanging in there impatiently. I have an appointment on Wednesday and I’ll make a decision about induction then. If I’ve made significant progress I might just keep waiting to go into labor, if not and it looks like I’ll end up being induced anyway I’ll just schedule it for the end of next week because I’ll be almost 41 weeks at that point anyway. I’ve been attempting every natural way to induce labor but nothing so far. I’ve had so many BH contractions since 23 weeks and now I hardly have anything. I think the fact that my first came early has made waiting even harder so good luck to you!

Now that it’s March I can’t wait to see more babies!!

21. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

36+4 wks here! Scan said she is growing well and dr said I’m 3cm dilated! If I recall, my son was similar and I went a week overdue with him. Dr and I agreed that it would be better not to go overdue with this as the umbilical cord only has one artery. That coupled with an “old placenta” makes me nervous. So hoping to get on the books to induce on her due date (26th). I still have some work and home stuff to do so I’m in no rush yet!

22. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

Baby Nolan Daniel was born on his due date 2/28! Woke up with contractions around 7am and he was born at 5:30pm - it was a MUCH better labor and delivery than with my first! We are home and resting

23. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@elm5066: congrats! So cute.

Last week at 36 week scan baby girl was measure 7.7 lbs. can be off but they were dead on with my last 2 kids. Got passed DS bday yesterday so now anytime I am ready. With my ama and how big she is it looks like I might not be going past 39 weeks. We shall see. 2 ultrasounds a week plus the dr. Appointment weekly until she arrives.

24. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@elm5066: Congrats! He’s so sweet!

25. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@elm5066: congratulations!! Lovely name and so punctual arriving on due date. Glad to hear this time around was easier. I'm hoping for the same . At what point did you head to the hospital?

One of the things I'm worried about is being way too early to the hospital , or theopposite and overshooting and delivering at home accidentally! It seems many second birthday are super quick.

@pinkb: that is a healthy sized baby ! I have an ultrasound today to check size. I'm 37 +5, the same as when my first daughter arrived.

26. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

@EmmaNZ: Thank you! I actually had a doctor appointment at 9am so I went to that and my doctor checked me and sent me over to the hospital since i was having contractions. I got to the hospital around 10:30. I was worried about the same thing! Better to go early than late IMO! Good luck!!

@pinkb: That is a very good size!! Thinking of you!

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@pinkb: this isn't helpful probably 😂 but they told me my son was 8 lbs 3 oz from an ultrasound 3 days before my c section... He came out at 9 lbs 8 oz (39+2) 🙈

28. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@Sams Mom: no worries DS was 9.8 and I can feel she is big, lol. Hoping to come up with a plan at my next dr appointment on Friday. And my next scan is tomorrow 37 weeks so hoping they might look at her size again.

29. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@elm5066: congratulations, love the name.

38 weeks and have been 1 cm dilated for the last month. Another appt on Friday and an ultrasound with MFM. Hoping to talk induction....I am done being pregnant.

Bright side, 2 more days of work and then I’m done. Anyone else still working?

30. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@lavender: the last few days / weeks are so hard !
    This is my first week of leave. I thought I would be bored but I'm actually really enjoying it!
    Hope your last few days go well

Im ready to be done too ! I'm 37 + 6 today. Come on baby!
    Have booked in for accuncture this weekend. Will try anything !

31. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

Never thought it would work but we had sex the night before my due date and I really think that is what sent me into labor!! Not the best sex but sooooo worth it! 😉

32. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@elm5066: I wish this would work for me. We tried last week after my appointment but resulted in a whole lot of nothing. I've been walking a ton and using the breast pump but that's not doing anything either. Maybe we should give sex another go though. Anything to get this baby out!!

33. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@elm5066: Just creeping on the board but I'm convinced sex sent me into labor also! It was not super enjoyable but I wanted my daughter out... I lost my mucus plug in the middle of the night a few hours after and had her the next afternoon.

34. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

Ok scan today at 37 weeks exactly, baby is measuring over 8lbs. I think he said 8.8 but I can't be 100% that is what I remember. Lol. and that was with mmf so even thought they can be off it won't be by much, they say their margin of erronis only 20%. Dr appointment on Friday hoping to get a membrane sweep. 🤞

35. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@elm5066: @skinnycow: @Aria: ok I know what I'm doing tonight 😂😂😂

36. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

I had my OB appointment and NST today. NST was fine, but of course baby was sound asleep and refused to wake up so we were there for a long time. At the OB appt the doctor was able to do a membrane sweep this time, which I was worried would hurt but wasn't bad at all. I also decided to go ahead and schedule an induction for Friday night. My parents are flying in tomorrow afternoon, so unless I go into labor tonight, we're all set which is a huge relief. I'm so excited to finally meet our baby!!

37. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@Aria: yay I'm happy for u !! How many weeks will you be on Friday ? I really hope it's a straightforward induction.

I am 38 weeks now did the deed last night but so far no action. Haha
    I found out at my appt this week that my OB is away from Saturday to the following Sunday - over a week ! So if I deliver during that time it will just be my midwife - and she is away the second weekend , so it would be her back up !! I left the appt feeling so upset.
    So I'm hoping baby comes tomorrow before my Dr leaves....

38. EBSC

cherry / 178 posts

Another baby arrival! Thomas Joseph arrived at 39+5, on 3/5. I’d been having a ton of Braxton Hicks, so completely didn’t believe it was actually labor— woke up at 3 am with contractions about 7-8min apart, showered at 530 and they sped up, but we had to get DS1 to daycare. Apparently went through most of active labor and transition in getting him ready and to school, as I walked into L&D at 8.5cm at 8am!

He was on the move, and I didn’t have any time for any meds (not at all my plan). He arrived with two pushes at 844, totally healthy and ready to be here! I kept telling DH as things went fast that this was not the plan

So, yes, second labor is a lot faster. DS1 took 24 hours to do what DS2 did in 3 hours.

39. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@EBSC: Congrats!!! That’s so quick! Hope you’re recovering well!

40. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

@EBSC: congratulations!! Yes second labor is definitely faster. Sorry you didn’t have time for meds but glad it all worked out

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee