Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013 Mommas!

1. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@katiew92081: I'm still so sorry for what you and your family have had to go through. I think about you all the time and please remember that we're all here for you.

2. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Sooo ladies! According to our list... I'm 'xpecting some action on this board this week! Hope y'all keep us posted!

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Yes, seriously!!! We need some more March babies!! How is everyone doing/feeling??

4. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

I'm ready to be on the other side!! I've stil got 9 days til EDD but my patience is waning. I've been cramping with contractions here and there for the past week or so, but nothing that would indicate that labor is imminent. Got a bit of energy back the last couple of days so I'm trying to take advantage and go out to eat and walk around with my husband. Other than that, just trying to enjoy the quiet while we can. The waiting is so hard, when I have no idea of the "end" date!!

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@aprk: That was what was so hard for me.....the not knowing the end date. Hang in there! As hard as it is on the other side, it is 100% worth it! Once they put that baby in your arms, you will totally forget about this part.

6. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: Thanks. I know this is a small price to pay. I keep thinking of you wishing that I'd stand up one day and my water would break, lol. Every twinge I'm thinking "is this the beginning??" ...

7. Smurfette

@aprk: I hope that happens for you too!! It was so nice to just go into labor. Although weird getting to the hospital and not having contractions. I think for the most part I had a really easy labor, of course that was thanks to the epidural.

8. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@aprk: oh! I totally forgot to add this part in my birth story, and later couldn't find how to ETA, but I was fully dilated at 10cm and my water STILL hadn't broke! They had to get the doc to come in and break it about 40 min,. before I delivered!

9. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@shopaholic: I know it's so rare for the water to break on its own, especially early on in labor - have you heard of babies being born in the sac? So crazy/cool

10. Smurfette

@shopaholic: @aprk: If I remember correctly from our L&D class, only 5-10% of women experience their water just breaking.

11. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@aprk: NO! They can do that? What is the benefit or reasoning to break the sac or not I wonder? The nurse originally kept telling me that K's head was getting swollen, but then later laughed when she realized it was the sac because it hadn't broken yet! Way to make a FTM worried!

12. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@shopaholic: I think it's just standard to break the sac, I'm not really sure the benefits of one way vs the other, but supposedly being born "in the caul" gives you special abilities ...

13. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@aprk: I just wonder if it would hurt more or less! hahah!

14. Adira

@shopaholic: I would think it would hurt more... wouldn't it be bigger??

15. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

I'm super late with an update, but... It's a boy!! Jack Michael was born 3/10... 7 lbs 4 oz, 20 3/4 inches, long and lean. He's already up to 7 lbs 15 oz today, he is nonstop nursing!

We were discharged after 2 days, nice and healthy, but then readmitted to the NICU with a scary case of jaundice - they had such a hard time getting the IV in with his tiny veins, he screamed and cried for almost an hour, and then we had to leave him there, just 3 days old.... Definitely the worst night of my life. My husband, who never cries, could not keep it together either. Jack is totally fine now though, we're so happy to have him home I don't even mind the sleepless nights.

Labor and delivery turned out to be easier than I expected. 15 hours total. I had contractions every 5 mins from the beginning so that was tough, but I got Nubain at 4 cm and an epidural at 5 cm, and I progressed to 10 cm in three hours after that! Pushed for 20 minutes, and there he was!

My husband saying "it's a boy!" was and probably always will be the best moment of my life

Congrats to all the new March mamas here!!! And good luck to those waiting, can't wait for your little ones to make their debuts

16. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@katiew92081: oh my God, I am so so sorry to hear about your baby girl. You and your family are in my prayers.

17. Adira

@keepcalmcarrie: Congratulations on your new son!!! I love his name! And it sounds like your labor went really smoothly, so that's lucky! So happy for you!

That's so scary about the jaundice, but it sounds like everything is totally fine now, which is awesome! If he's putting on weight, he must be doing well!! Congrats again!

18. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: @shopaholic: I think the baby sort of slips out all at once?? "Slips out" probably not the right words, haha

@keepcalmcarrie: congrats on your baby boy!

19. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: CONGRATS!!!! Scary on the jaundice! K got it too but we just had to do blood draws. I think I'd cry myself silly if I had to leave her there. Glad things are better now!

20. Smurfette

@keepcalmcarrie: Congrats on your little boy!!!! I love the name Jack! Scary about the jaundice but glad he is ok now!

21. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: how did your newborn photoshoot go?

22. Smurfette

@aprk: it is tomorrow morning. She had to reschedule last Friday. I am so nervous how she is going to do.

23. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: aw, I hope she surprises you - I'm sure you'll get some awesome shots

24. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

@shopaholic: @Smurfette: @aprk: @Adira: The vast majority of the time the water will break at around nine centimeters or when you begin pushing, if it hasn't broken or been ruptured by then. There is no medical reason that it NEEDS to be broken, doctors usually just do it to speed up labor.

It will usually break on it's own as baby comes out, but occasionally the baby can be born completely inside it - "in the caul" it's called. My little sister was born in the caul.

It doesn't hurt more either, because it's kind of like a jelly cushion around the baby and it flexes around so that the part that's coming out at any given time isn't bigger than the baby. If that makes any sense. A lot of times babies born in the caul have nice shaped heads because they don't get squished as much!

Anyway, it's awesome to see it. I have only seen one birth in person that way (my little sisters) but I've seen a few on video.

25. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Congratulations!

26. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

So I'm still here, obviously. My due date is tomorrow.
    Still no bloody show, still no mucous plug, still no contractions that are even remotely like the real thing, still basically nothing.

I am getting a wee bit antsy.

27. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Arden: I'm one week behind you in dates, but exactly the same as you describe. It's so hard to "rest and enjoy the quiet" as people keep suggesting. I'm just trying to schedule one activity every day to look forward to.

28. Adira

@Arden: It just sounds so strange!!!

I hope you don't go too much past your due date!!! I know you still have until tomorrow, but it doesn't sound like much is happening for you - although it can come on suddenly!

29. Smurfette

@Arden: @aprk: I hope it isn't much longer for both of you! How long will you go before induction?

30. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

@Smurfette: I'll go in for an acupuncture "induction" at 41 weeks.

If that doesn't work, I'll keep trying everything natural and be frequently and carefully monitored (NST's, etc) until 42 weeks at which point I would no longer be able to deliver at the birth center and would likely go to the hospital for a medical induction (cervadil+foley catheter, avoiding pitocin if possible and NO cytotec).

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that....

31. Smurfette

@Arden: fingers crossed for you!! One I just can't imagine going to 42 weeks.

32. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: I think the midwives will start to discuss at 41 weeks and see how we're doing. I really really want a March baby though.

33. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Arden: @aprk: Hopefully everything happens naturally for you ladies!

Weird thought: If K hadn't come on time and still not yet, TODAY was my induction date. Seems SO CRAZY because I already feel like SO MUCH has happened since she was born!

34. Adira

Babies who have arrived:
    Dojo - February 20 - Liam Harrison (ODD: March 8)
    Mole - February 22 - Baby Boy (ODD: March 3)
    Adira - February 26 - Alexander Michael (ODD: March 4)
    NaturallyCathy - March 3 - Emma Rose (ODD: March 4)
    Shopaholic - March 6 - Kaitlyn Irene (ODD: March 9)
    KeepCalmCarrie - March 10 - Jack Michael (ODD: March 12)
    Smurfette - March 11 - Reagan Claire (ODD: March 17)

Babies we're waiting to meet:
    March 3 - MamaChamp - Team Pink
    March 4 - Mrs. Mousie - Team Pink
    March 18 - Sheskrafty - Team Green
    March 19 - Arden - Team Pink
    March 21 - Penguin917 - Team Blue
    March 25 - Cokiezombie - Team Blue
    March 25 - MrsLMA - Team Blue
    March 27 - Aprk - Team Blue
    March 27 - LegallyHeidi - Team Blue
    March 29 - BrooklynBee41 - Team Blue
    March 30 - BlackBird - Team Pink
    March 30 - Cheert16 - Team Blue

35. Smurfette

Well we survived her shoot. Was there 4+ hours, thanks to R kept waking up due to a fuzzy tummy. She was getting ready to do the last setup and was trying to get R settled and MAJOR diarrhea all over the place. She popped and peed the whole time. So hopefully we got some good shots.

I feel so bad for R, she seems fine now. I think it was the broccoli I had for dinner last night. I also had Mac n cheese but I have had diary before and didn't notice anything. But now that I think about it I did have broccoli the other night too, just wasn't as much......

36. Adira

@Smurfette: Yikes! Sorry to hear that R was having tummy troubles during your photo shoot! I'm sure the photographer understood though and has had all sorts of things happen during a shoot before, so don't worry! I can't wait to see some of the pictures!!

37. Smurfette

@Adira: Yeah, she didn't seem to care. She even got pee and poop on her. I just feel bad but even more so for R cause she wasn't feeling good and it is all my fault. But I know I have to learn what she can and can't handle. I will say she was much better after she finally got the major poop/diarrhea out of her. She is still sleeping, just wore the poor thing out.

38. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: aw, it's definitely a learning curve! I'm glad she's getting some rest now. Hope you get some great pictures!!

39. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Smurfette: Oh man! But seriously I think that these NB photographers are used to it! She told us her regular sessions are 2-3 hours, but she was at our house for 4 hours and we still didn't get to use the 2 outfits I had for her because K was being so fussy! I got peed on & pooped on massively! Photog got peed on, and one of her prop sets got peed on too. She said it's totally normal.

I did also read about what we eat causes gassiness in baby, but I'm not really good at being aware of that stuff. I did worry K would have a little lactose problem when I had some cream/custard pastries one day and K seemed to have major poops all day! But then, it was also the first week, when all the poop changes every day? The last 2 days, her poops have slowed down significantly! *Can't believe how many times I've typed "poop"!

40. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

I have a suspicion that baby has turned himself around out if the optimal position. My midwife today couldn't tell with her hands (unusual) so we have an ultrasound tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed he's still head down and was just being stubborn today!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee